PureVPN Reviews

PureVPN

Secured VPN service offering limitless, anonymous web access

Robert
  • Industry: Entertainment

Instant International Testing

Reviewed on 2021/07/31

Pros

PureVPN allows us to confirm how our geo-specific sites are going to appear for our end users no matter where they are. It makes a difficult problem really straight forward.

Cons

There's not much I dislike. It solves a real problem and does so cheaply. In one case it would have been helpful if we could have specified where within a country the IP was located but this was pretty specific and I get why (particularly in the case of this country) it was not possible.

TunnelBear
Stephen
  • Industry: Printing

The good and the bad of PureVPN

Reviewed on 2022/03/07

PureVPN gave me protection most of the time

PureVPN gave me protection most of the time

Pros

I liked that PureVPN supports tunnelling - one or more apps can connect via the VPN but other apps can use the direct connection. It was also very easy to use with different profiles depending on the required usage.

Cons

I stopped using PureVPN because it would drop out without warning, leaving my computer exposed. There is an option to reconnect automatically but it did not always work correctly.

Clint
  • Industry: Government Administration

Low cost, not user friendly

Reviewed on 2022/02/11

Wouldn't pay money for it again, there are better options for similar price that work a lot better

Pros

The cost of it was very low compared to other similar VPNS

Cons

The functionality was very lacking, VPN disconnects often and slows your connection significantly

NordVPN and IPVanish

Reasons for Switching to PureVPN

Got a good deal on it, like $70 for 3 years..
Dennis

Software which is very functional and quick to get into

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Am working on a application that has different behaviours in different countries, in order to test the app from different locations am using PureVPN to connect.

Pros

I like the most the simplistic UI and the small window that is used for the application, all the information you need is organised and easy to find. Works quick with high reliability.

Cons

I didn't like that on MacOS when you try to disconnect from a connection from the status bar the window gets bugged out and keeps moving to the right, nothing is happening and only left option is to open the application and disconnect from there.

carl
carl
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Wide variety of servers in the world.

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Excellent for maintaining privacy and protection. It has many quality servers in the main countries and cities of the world.

Pros

The additional personal IP location service is effective for accessing the Streaming pages and the connection speed is high. Fully encrypt your geolocation and IP address.

Cons

The Android application has interruptions and Internet speed is also a bit affected. Sometimes problems arise with connection protocols, however, the support service is fast and live. Additional services make the monthly payment expensive compared to other VPN programs.

James
  • Industry: Computer Games

VPN

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

PureVPN seems to be expanding constantly, I have noticed it even works on Amazon Firesticks now!

Pros

PureVPN is easy to use, simple to setup, and secure! What more can you ask for in a product?

Cons

The premium pricing is a little high, but it works well for what it is. I will continue to use Pure!

David
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Very robust, easily configured VPN product

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

It has been a great tool for my associates to use when not wanting to advertise what City/State they are connected from.

Pros

PureVPN provides total anonymity to your connection to the Internet. It can be used to mask Geo-locating and other Internet tools trying to pin down where you are connected.

Cons

Very few. There are certain locations in Asia that advertise as ready to connect, but the attempts time out. I very minor annoyance at worst.

Rachelle
Rachelle

Helps keeps your connection secure

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

We are not worried about our data privacy when using PureVPN.

We are not worried about our data privacy when using PureVPN.

Pros

We like that PureVPN is a simple and accessable VPN service which can keep our devices secure on unknown networks.

Cons

Some countries can detect and block the VPN service.

Pablo
Pablo

A nice interface and good connection with several ip addresses worldwide

Reviewed on 2018/04/21

An aesthetically pleasing program, with a first-line technical service that allows me to solve the software's operational problems while I enjoy the same

Pros

More than 100 ip addresses available worldwide, is a very useful software that allows me to connect from various places by accessing music videos, profiles of actors, video blogs and blogs and other interests.

Cons

Sometimes the ip are not completely reliable and end up overlapping the IP address of origin, generating problems to be able to enter the pages that I want

• Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Budget VPN at Cost of Speed

Reviewed on 2021/04/08

Acceptable, but disappointing considering I paid less than $15 a year for five years of service I am not going to complain too much.

Pros

It is typically the most inexpensive option for your personal use, it does provide worldwide VPN addresses to assist you in getting foreign content through streaming apps, protects you identity while on the go. It does what you'd want a VPN to do

Cons

Some of the most unimpressive speeds when connected I've ever dealt with, sometimes it feels like dial-up. I have a fiber connection and it cuts it to 1/20 the speed at times and even free vpns tend to have better speed.

Brian

Honestly it's an average OK experience

Reviewed on 2018/07/04

Good protection and privacy from the internet

Good protection and privacy from the internet

Pros

It's a cheap and affordable solution. Install, logon to the appropriate location, and I am well-protected from prying "eyes" of the internet. It has a number of locations which I can logon remotely, and I can configure it to auto-login upon computer startup.

Cons

But...it can be slow in connecting to international servers. Sometimes, it takes a while to locate the nearest and right servers remotely. Worse thing is that I found out that it causes conflicts with my local internet connection. (for my case, not sure if this is a common issue for other users) I had to troubleshoot and ultimately I discovered that PureVPN is the culprit.

It also can cause conflicts with chrome extensions when enabling PureVPN extension in Chrome browsers. Hence, I had to disable it in order to get things working properly again. What a letdown sometimes!

Jamie

Awesome software, use it all the time and never fails

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

Pros

It just works. Almost never have any issues connecting to a VPN line. Nice command line options to be able to use scripts with it.

Cons

If I had to pick one it would be nice to be able to connect to a particular country and choose to just refresh the ip address. Besides that I can't think of any.

Eric

PureVPN was the best VPN solution I have tested and implemented for my clients.

Reviewed on 2018/02/15

Pros

Ease of use for non-technical users to actually launch and utilize this product. The features available were more than I've found I needed or would use, which is a bonus. So far it's proven to be very secure, especially in contrast to the first few I tested and had issues with timing out etc.

Cons

Customer support was a little slow responding to an issue I had, but still helped to line it out. Other than that so far so good.

Ruben
  • Industry: Computer Networking
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

great speed and run safe

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

very useful and high responsivity but limited to five device connected simultaneously

Pros

they have excellent speed affordable with average prices , they have good capability to manage the privacy with encryted and tunneling concepts

Cons

the customer service have a lack to answer a lot of questions , the speed decrease if you need more encryted data

Nazli
Nazli
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

VPN with basic features

Reviewed on 2021/08/27

Pros

I like the fact its available in both Windows and mobile version. You can by pass some networks and even connect to some specific country IPs. I find its stable and secure VPN.

Cons

Some servers and features are paid and they are good but yes if you ready to pay its great.

Paolo
Paolo
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Does what it is supposed to, but nothing too fancy

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Overall for the money it's a good option. I will probably continue to use this for years or until the price goes up!

Pros

Fairly priced and easy to use. It gives a lot of nice different modes for using a VPN and adjusts accordingly.

Cons

Requires too many updates. I feel like every time I open it I need to update it, which is a nuisance.

Rivaldo
Rivaldo
  • Industry: Higher Education

You must use it!

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

Pros

Very easy and simple to use. There are various features that can facilitate VPN access.

Cons

Country access is not too complete and connections are often broken.

Michal

PureVPN - standard VPN almost free to try

Reviewed on 2021/02/23

I used it to connect to my workplace and it was outstanding in its speed, but it is pricy and I rather using company solution which is free for me now.

Pros

I loved the free to try price where you paid only a bit to try for limited timespan. And also there were almost no delays while working.

Cons

The pricing should be lowered a bit, and also PureVPN could add some features to rise from other equally comparable services.

Gabor

setup

Reviewed on 2015/06/08

I was impressed with customer support to get me through the initial hurdles of the unexpected turns one always encounters with setup. The customer service reps were very quick with the connections and were knowledgeable and patient to explain even the seemingly dumbest question they may have heard that day. A great way to impress and win over new customers!

Camillo

Reviewed on 2017/04/15

If you need a VPN for any circumstance Pure offers a lot of different connections. The iOS interface and the PC client is easy and simple to use.

Pros

easy and simple

Cons

no one

• Industry: Government Administration

I've used PureVPN when connecting to public WiFi spots all over the world.

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Pros

There are many open servers in Europe and on the East Coast of the U.S.A that make the connection fast.

Cons

I wish there were more open servers on the Pacific Northwest part of the U.S., as I do most business from that location.

• Used Weekly for Free Trial

VPN with speed

Reviewed on 2018/12/01

Pros

Performance with P2P is awesome (where most other VPN suffers).

Streaming speed is also great as I was able to watch movies on Netflix without any buffer issues.

Cons

Don't have any VPN servers in Onatrio Canada.

Tina

Reviewed on 2019/03/16

Emily
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Quick and easy to use

Reviewed on 2023/10/15

Pros

Very quick and easy to use. Additionally, it has strong security protocols while using it. I am also able to easily stream while using PureVPN.

Cons

I believe the monthly price is quite expensive.

Thomas

An excellent VPN with some drawbacks

Reviewed on 2021/08/12

Overall the VPN allows us to meet our end goal as we do business in both the UK and Germany and sometimes it is necessary to appear to be from one location when in another.

Pros

PureVPN is easy to install and maintain across both desktop and mobile with apps available for a number of devices. With the app installed then it is an easy one click to connect securely to the VPN. You can also chose a location or accept the best connection. This means you have ease of use coupled with a choice of more complex settings such as a dedicated IP.
Unlike other VPNs we tried there is a lot less of not being able to access sites or cloud flare popups.

Cons

The basic VPN function works fine, however I have not been able to get the dedicated IP to function properly and just keep getting an error when trying to connect to it. However the level of English from support made it difficult to troubleshot so now I do not use this feature.

NordVPN

Reasons for Choosing PureVPN

NordVPN had trouble accessing a lot of sites (cloudflare)

NordVPN

Reasons for Switching to PureVPN

PureVPN provided the best cost over a set number of years and offered the easiest user interface