Adobe Creative Cloud Express Reviews

Adobe Creative Cloud Express

4,6 (1 150)
Free social media content maker software

(1 150)

Ada Jocabeth
Ada Jocabeth
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

A great educational resource!

Reviewed on 2020/11/16

I have been using Adobe Spark as a tool in my everyday classes, for example, like a student portfolio or digital scrapbook where I can check my student's posts and keep track of their creative activities. Personally, I use some of the templates as activities with my students and to share my art with engaiging posts. The free version is very useful, but I recommend purchasing the Adobe package, as it comes as part of it.

Pros

Adobe Spark allows me to create easily all kinds of projects, like web pages, flyers, slides, banners, videos, and much more. It's accessible from any device PC, Chromebook, and even your mobile phone. It already has a lot of beautiful premade designs and templates, The best part is that lets you share them directly on any social media with a predetermined size for better quality. With the free trial app, anyone can download it and use it for free.

Cons

It's not very detailed for video editing but is very easy to make short videos with pictures and subtitles.

Noah
  • Industry: Media Production

Adobe Creative Cloud Express (Formerly Adobe Spark) is Better than Canva

Reviewed on 2022/06/20

Frankly, I've quite enjoyed it. I recommend them over their competitor, Canva. Both Express and Canva do virtually the same thing, but Express has a few integrations with other Adobe products that makes it worth using instead of Canva (if you have the CC subscription). Plus, if you don't have the CC subscription, a subscription to Express is cheaper than Canva.

Express is a powerful, browser-based image (and I guess video, though that's not it's best feature) editor capable of producing professional-style images for business cards, social media, graphics, and more.

Pros

The software is simple, and easy to use. Upon logging in, I was able to go through a bunch of prebuilt templates, establish my brand identity (colors, upload fonts, logos, etc.) and begin creating graphics.

I am a huge fan of the interface, and I enjoy the extraordinarily powerful background-remover tool. It is almost always accurate, and causes graphic creation to be quite simple.

There's a button called, "Brandify" which will automatically insert your colors, logo, and fonts into the picture you've created (or the template you've grabbed) which makes for very quick creation/editing of graphics.

I primarily use CC Express for social media graphics, and I'll say that I personally think that they're better than their competitor, Canva. Both offer nearly the same tools, and Canva is just a little bit simpler, but CC Express is cheaper by a bit ($100 for a year subscription vs. Canva's $120). But the reason I prefer CC Express to Canva is that it integrates with the Adobe suite in small quality of life things that make using this software with other products very easy and compatible.

Cons

There's really only two things I dislike about this software.

First off, it has video editing capabilities. The video editing is primarily for social media graphics, though you can do some full-blown video editing. The thing is, most people likely have this product through the Adobe Creative Cloud subscription. If you do, you might as well use Premiere Rush or Premiere Pro, which are Adobe's video editors. Rush is a more powerful version than the one within Express, yet a simpler version of Pro. I don't see a use for the video editing when it's already in it's other products.

The load times can be horrendous. Most of the time I have no issues, but when I do have a loading issue, it can take minutes (the longest I've waited is 10 minutes to log in). This is rare, but it's always extremely inconvenient when it does happen. Also, if you're editing something and then your internet "hiccups" and connection changes for any reason, a popup will occur and tell you to refresh the page. Since the software saves automatically as you make edits, this generally isn't an issue. Though, occasionally, it will lose progress after a refresh, and you'll have to redo some work.

Heidi
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Misleading Introductory Random Photo Collage Generator with Multiple Photo Upload Feature

Reviewed on 2021/11/24

Spark was great, until I committed to using the software and the features I started using Spark for were no longer available, even under a higher priced tier.

Pros

It was very easy to use during prior to my workspace "becoming established." Other

Cons

Adobe Spark initially allowed me to create randomly generated multiple photo collages (which I could upload the photos all at once) for social media posting. This took me less than a minute. I used Spark to put together collages with 10-14 photos weekly for about six weeks. This I learned is available as a website promotion only (https://www.adobe.com/express/create/photo-collage "Design your free collage now"), since randomly generated multiple photo upload collages are not available for established users of Spark once your "desktop is established" according to the Adobe Spark Insiders FB Group. Now every photo must be uploaded individually, and there is no template to randomly generate a collage with pictures of different sizes/aspects, taking more than 15 minutes to do the exact thing I was previously doing in under one. This feature is the reason why I started using Spark. This style template for uploading multiple photos at once to create a random collage should be available to "established users of Spark." I will be finding another platform to use until this tease feature is an actual feature for people that actually commit to using Spark.

Aaron
  • Industry: Restaurants

It's needed

Reviewed on 2023/11/15

Pros

Free backup with your subscription monthly

Cons

Incompatible with other software outside Adobe

Google Drive
LaToya

Adobe Creative is my go-to for professional looking ANYTHING!

Reviewed on 2023/09/20

I have been using this for years, it is my go to and will always be.

I have been using this for years, it is my go to and will always be.

Pros

The fact that it is apart of the Adobe family, certifies it is amazing, I love to versatility of it and the easy self explanatory of it.

Cons

You pay for quality and I can not be mad at that, I love the service and product. There are other services out there but this one does not disappoint

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud Express

You pay for quality and this has so much more than other services have.
Linda
Linda
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Super easy! Design elements for the classroom!

Reviewed on 2021/06/10

Great tool for small businesses and for education. Very simple to use and there are tons of templates and tutorials, plus a huge image collection. In education, my students created several marketing materials and created a portfolio of their work, and for small business it will be great for social media, websites and blogs.

Pros

Adobe Spark has a range of functionality for design. From infographics to web pages, digital portfolios, slideshow videos and social media posts. All of these elements are fantastic for building assets for education and for student demonstration of knowledge.

Cons

When adding assets to a Spark webpage that are designed in Spark, you must first download the item as an image (infographics, social media posts, menus, posters, etc) before adding them to the Adobe Spark webpage. If it had a drag and drop function it would be very convenient.

Josh
Josh

Another Beautiful, Well-Functioning Adobe Product for Social Media and Website Graphic Design

Reviewed on 2021/11/19

Overall, I am so thankful for Adobe Spark because its design elements and tools are just superior and exceptional, wide-ranged, and varied enough to suit any design need or aesthetic.

Pros

Adobe Spark has been instrumental lately in the graphic design I've needed for my newer website. I've been designing a 90's style theme for an education business and have needed social media updates and designs as well as graphic elements to add to my website and advertising for my website. Adobe as always hits the mark with beautiful designs and templates, stock photos, and ideas that can be edited nicely as well.

Cons

The only con is that also like other Adobe products, there is a learning curve, although much less of one with this particular product than with what I've seen in Illustrator, for example.

David
David
  • Industry: Photography

A huge time saver

Reviewed on 2022/08/21

It's become my go-to for fast media posts.

It's become my go-to for fast media posts.

Pros

I discovered this a few months ago, and immediately dropped several other paid apps in favor of this one.

Scheduling across many social media platforms is the key for me.

Cons

Easier to use images I've already uploaded. I have multiple Facebook pages, but because FB and Instagram are linked, I can't upload to the correct Instagram account.

Serena
Serena
  • Industry: Online Media

Adobe Spark Is A Game Changer For Creators

Reviewed on 2020/10/31

Overall, I’m very happy with Adobe Spark. My projects look more professional; they’re easier to create; and it takes less time than my previous go-to app.

Pros

I love the user-friendliness.
Spark Post is my new go-to app, and I use it every day. Spark Page and Spark Video are also super easy to navigate.

Cons

The stock photos and template selections have room for improvement. Most of the options can also be found in other apps. With the vast resources at Adobe’s disposal, I think there should be a better and more exclusive selection.

Danielle
Danielle
  • Industry: Design

Great program for fast design

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Using this program on my phone is amazing. I am able to come up with a design in less than a minute.

Pros

How fast I can come up with a design using the program.

Cons

On the desktop, it seems to be limited when it comes to options

Adobe puts the creative into this nice compact package

Reviewed on 2022/06/14

I used a well know desktop / app editing suite when I first started as a consultant but because I got express in with my main package, at no extra cost, I started to try it out and moved completely to express within a month. Been using this now for over 2 years.

Pros

I've been with this package for a number of years - almost from the start. I've seen a number of great features added and only recently they have brought in direct scheduling to social media.

I particularly like the predesigned sizes for posts and the ability to take a design you have made and convert it to a template.

Working for different clients, I can also set up their brand colours, fonts and styles and quickly switch between or or another.

The app version is also great for taking posts you have created and animating them quicker than using the desktop version.

I use this across mac, windows and ipad.

Great facebook support group too.

Cons

I have the full desktop package for adobe which is how I got into using express however my only issue is that I have to pay extra to access it on the ipad. A pity that isn't included by I get that it's a different platform.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud Express

Express was included in my adobe package at no cost

Express was included in my adobe package at no cost
Melanie
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

An advanced Creative’s Foundation

Reviewed on 2023/01/09

I’m very satisfied. I think when used you’re getting a bang for your buck. But I wouldn’t say to immediately run to this product. There are other free versions that can give more creative assistance if you’re not by nature a creative.

Pros

I love that Adobe has sectioned off every possible asset a creative may need within different apps. If you’re working within different parts of the industry, you can prioritize which apps can be more of use than others. It’s necessary to have Adobe Creative Suite knowledge for a majority of creative fields these days.

Cons

I dislike that I can’t pick and choose which apps I’d like to use beyond a specific payment tier. For example. The first tier might only include Lightroom, express, and photoshop but once you his the second, you have to invest in basically the remainder of the applications. ALSO IF YOU TRY TO CANCEL EARLY ADOBE WILL CHARGE YOU FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE TIME NOT USED FOR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION.ITS LIKE YOURE LOCKED INTO A ONE YEAR CONTRACT EACH YEAR. IVE ONLY SEEN A SIMILAR MODEL DONE WITH GYM MEMBERSHIPS SO BEWARE BECAUSE I CAN GET EXPENSIVE IN THE LONG RUN.

PicMonkey and Canva

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud Express

It’s free. It auto designs. I can collaborate. I don’t have to think.

I needed more functionality
Pontsho

Thevisionarycreation

Reviewed on 2020/03/12

My overall experience is a 10/10 because it's just wonderful.

My overall experience is a 10/10 because it's just wonderful.

Pros

Spark is one of those platforms for creators like myself because it brings spark in my designs.

I love everything that I'm speechless to even say much...

Cons

There's not much criticism the only problem is that on the mobile app there could be some more developments because it's slow.

I use both the PC and Mobile because I am always designing so the Mobile is being creative on the go. If it could be more fast then I'd be more happier.

Joe

Finally... a design tool for non-designers!

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

As a project manager/account director at my company, I like to keep things moving and complete tasks quickly & efficiently. Adobe Spark allows me to create sharp designs for emails as well as banner ads and leave the 'heavier' lifting to our designers. We couldn't live without this tool.

Pros

Adobe Spark puts the power of Adobe's famous design tools in the hands of non-designers and marketing managers to handle the quick and easy creative tasks for various channels.

Cons

Adobe Spark is a fantastic tool for non-designers and market/channel managers. My only complaint is that I wish there were newer templates to choose from.

Abel

Adobe CC Express is ,the ONE!!

Reviewed on 2023/06/08

For me, one of the most valuable aspects of the software is its seamless integration with different applications. I appreciate its ability to provide easy access to my files and projects from anywhere via cloud storage. This feature is highly useful as it enables me to work on my projects from multiple devices, eliminating the need for constant file transfers or manual syncing. The convenience and flexibility this provides is a significant advantage for me, as I often need to access my work while on-the-go.

Pros

I am really satisfied with the diverse range of creative tools that Adobe Creative Cloud offers. The software provides a comprehensive selection of features that cater to various creative needs, including image and video editing, graphic design, and animation. I find this versatility particularly helpful as it enables me to complete my creative projects in one platform, rather than having to switch between different applications. This all-in-one solution simplifies my workflow and helps me achieve my creative goals more efficiently, which is a significant advantage for me.

Cons

I find that cloud software launchers consume too much memory and CPU, which can be frustrating as I prefer not to have unnecessary processes running in the background. It would be great if I could have a local license with a weekly internet connection renewal instead of relying solely on the cloud. Additionally, having multiple instances of the software for personal and school work can negatively impact my cloud sharing functionality, and I wish there was a universal subscription to cover both.

Ayesha
Ayesha
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Light Your Life on Fire with Adobe Spark

Reviewed on 2019/06/30

Overall, I love Adobe Spark. I ended up researching ways to use it to conceive of educational materials to assist English Language Learners with their vocabulary development. The software has immense potential as an educational technology tool that students and teachers can use to demonstrate their learning or enhance their teaching.

Pros

This software has an excellent user interface that scaffolds the tools easily for ultimate content creation. Without having professional experience and needing high-tech tools, I can easily create web pages, multimedia videos, and graphics. As an aspiring teacher, I love that Adobe Spark is available for free to schools that also includes offering their premium features for free. Furthermore, the Adobe Spark suite allows me to create a variety of instructional materials, such as electronic newsletters, exit tickets, etc. I feel like I am already a professional designer without buying high-tech software to create relevant educational content.

Cons

What I like least about Adobe Spark is that there are watermarks that I must constantly turn off to make sure my designs are unique and original. Additionally, the branding features are for premium users, which is a downside for those who are on tight budgets.

Darien
Darien
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Adobe Spark offers a simple, online design platform & templates

Reviewed on 2021/01/10

Adobe Spark helped us facilitate our design process for social media posts, allowing staff without experience with design tools to quickly & efficiently create decent looking graphics. While it can never compete with a fully fledged platform such as Photoshop, and could use to borrow some key features from it's competitors, it offers a basic design tool that can be useful.

Pros

Adobe Spark is a simple, easy-to-use design platform with simplistic features and excellent templates that make social media designs quick and less painful. Perhaps the best feature is the numerous templates - helping alleviate creative blocks and speed up the design process. Clearly made to compete with platforms like Canva, it offers very simple features that help speed up the design process, and makes it simple enough for people with no experience using higher-end design software such as photoshop. With their templates, they help people without experience create good looking graphics in a fraction of the time.

Cons

While Adobe Spark has a lot to offer, it cannot compete with a higher end product such as Photoshop, or even a similar competitor (such as the online Photopea) in terms of features. While they clearly made a choice to keep things simple, they avoided putting in useful features like the magic selection tool that would truly help make this a fully fledged design suite. As well, certain basic features (like selecting objects, moving objects, layers, etc) either don't work as expected, or are completely missing, making more complicated designs impossible.

Heather
  • Industry: Information Services

Love this program

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Overall spark is the easiest graphic software program that I have found to use. I prefer it Leaps and Bounds above canva. I use it for all my photos and videos for Facebook Instagram and Pinterest.

Pros

It's very easy to use and has many options for my needs. I love all of the templates that are available. It gives you many font options. And the animation feature in the mobile app is one of my favorites as well.

Cons

The inability to add animations in the desktop version versus the ability to do it in the mobile version. I am under the understanding that that is coming and I look forward to it.

Chris
Chris

Adobe Spark: Too simple for its own good

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

It is the rare occasion that an Adobe Spark user would need any instructions on how to use their product, which begs the question: Is it powerful and useful enough? My opinion? Almost. I can build single web pages in a flash, that look beautiful, as long as I like the way THEY lay it out. I have zero customization choices on Spark PAGES. Spark Graphics suffer from the OPPOSITE: they have a resizer function for free (which Canva.com forces an upgrade for.) but the resulting resized images are usually distorted. I don't enjoy their graphics builder GUI at all. Their webpage builder GUI rocks.

Pros

The Adobe webpage builder is fast, and fun to use, and simple enough that no instructions are really needed. The Spark suite is available on mobile as well as desktop, and video creation on the fly on mobile is simple, but once again, at the expense of customization. If you put a text graphic over video, you'd better be comfy with the graphic being on screen as long as THEY want it. You can't specify text durations over video.

Cons

Canva is the main competition, and their free tier does not place a watermark on finished designs. Adobe does, and this one thing makes for a deal breaker. The Adobe webpage builder is fast, and fun to use, but doesn't allow embedding html elements, severely restricting what the page can become. Pretty, but all pages will begin to look identical. The graphics creation tool is clunky, and unresponsive compared to Canva.

Great for quick mock-ups and saving time on communications

Reviewed on 2019/06/03

Pros

Spark provides a variety of templates and style options. The design wizard tools produce balanced and attractive looks that are great for quick posters, flyers, and social media posts. You can also easily produce ebook covers.

Spark recently made it possible for you to download PDF versions of your designs, which has been really helpful for my team, as sometimes we need to make quick adjustments using other tools and can now edit the PDFs directly. For example, if you're integrating a cover image into a report that must be numbered following a particular standard, you're now able to do so with ease.

If you have a creative cloud account, you can sign in. The soundtracks and fonts available in Spark are licensed for commercial use (provided you're using them IN a Spark project), which is great for quickly building parts of your campaign.

Cons

*I haven't tried the web page builder so I cannot comment on this.
*The main limitation of the editor is that you can't order objects easily; if your design requires that kind of manipulation.
*Stock images that you find using the search may have limitations on use. The sources that they're using aren't bad (for example, unsplash images have basically no restrictions), but you do need to be careful about what you choose.

Razak
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Adobe Spark, professional Graphic design simplified

Reviewed on 2021/04/14

Adobe Spark has really helped in my work. As a designer when I need to do quick designs I always use Spark. It allows me to create stunning graphics within minutes. I am able to design flyers, posters, logos, cards and a whole lot of other graphics.

Pros

Adobe Spark is an amazing design software, it allows you to create professional graphic and media designs even if you are a beginner. My favorite thing about Adobe spark is the huge collection of thousands of templates available for you to edit and use. The UI is simple and easy to use, the output quality of the designs are top Notch. As a designer I'm impressed by Adobe spark. It has a lot to offer. You should try it asap. 😁

Cons

I think Adobe spark could include more stock images in the app which can be used for designs.

Thien
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A simplified Adobe suite with incredible AI-powered tools

Reviewed on 2023/07/04

Pros

The new Adobe Express is simply a powerhouse when it comes to digital content creation: tons of beautiful, ready-to-use templates for your social media posts, videos, photos, flyers, brochures, and branding packages. I’ve always been able to find exactly what I need and if not, customization is so easy and intuitive. Moreover, the newest Generative AI tool just blows my mind: all I need to do is input a text-based prompt and let Adobe Express work its magic. The limit is really just my imagination.

Cons

SVG files are not compatible. Also, what comes with all that power is a noticeable lag time that can easily get worse the longer I work on a project (not sure if it’s because of my graphics configuration or Internet bandwidth). For some puzzling reason, snap-to-edge doesn’t work for image resizing, making the outcome go out of proportion.

Russell
Russell

I love Adobe Spark!

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

I really enjoy using Adobe Spark! I use this to allow students to build simple videos that documents their work (i.e., a lab report with procedures) and create simple informational videos (i.e., biographies, research topics, etc.). Adobe Spark is also great to use for personal use (i.e., family videos of the weekend, photos from the past year, etc.). Love it!

Pros

I love Adobe Spark! Period. I know there's a graphics features, but I primarily use and love the video builder. It's a great video making tool for teachers, students, or even personal use. It's simple to use, all you have to do is drop in images and pictures, set a few features, and voila! You have an impressive video to document student projects, research topics, or even personal life events. I love that it's free, first off. I also enjoy that they have a good variety of customization and features - they have songs to use, format/transitions, and templates, and good background music to make it complete. You can also add voice over which is neat for students as they create products. I also like that it can be easily shared to Google Drive or downloaded. Awesome tool for the classroom and personal use!

Cons

I honestly do not have any complaints. Adobe Spark exceeds my expectations!

Lilly

App to easily create your brand, website layouts, stories, logo's

Reviewed on 2021/01/09

OVerall, I love it. I decided to go with the paid version of Adobe Creative Cloud. I really just wanted photo shop and few other things. Adobe doesn't have just a 1 time license fee anymore. You hae to do monthly fees. Expensive but worth it if you are creating projects daily.

Pros

Ease of use is number 1. Staying organized made easy for anyone wanting to create, publish, blogs, web pages, magazines, cards. I had so many ideas I always would forget about them and don't know where to start. Spark features a tab simply called Projects. Now when ever I have an idea pop in my head, I just open up spark and create a new web page layout with the basicas of what's on my mind for that project.

Cons

Free version has watermark advertisements. The monthly cost is expensive unless you are constantly creating new projects, blogs, web site layouts.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud Express

Ease of use. Plenty of online Tutorials.
Jess
  • Industry: Design

Great way to make my workflow faster

Reviewed on 2023/07/07

I would recommend Adobe CC Express to most of my peers.

I would recommend Adobe CC Express to most of my peers.

Pros

What i like most about Adobe CC Express is the express part. if youre fluent in the desktop apps youre already using its mostly a seamless transition.

Cons

While moving from desktop apps to Adobe CC Express is MOSTLY a seamless transition, i do feel like the functions and tools take some time to figure out since not everything is in the same place