Showing 374 reviews of 349

VoxVote

Multilingual and customizable audience voting and surveys

Showing 374 reviews of 349
Amy E.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

I wanted to add an audience participation tool to a live event and Voxvote was easy to...

Reviewed on 2018/02/12

Pros

It allows an unlimited number of respondents and many features which can be customized.
It was easy to implement and the tutorial was helpful. They let you try it for free 5 times so you can test drive it.

Cons

Ask me again in a few months after I've used it a few times. I am still playing around with it and don't know what I like or don't like yet. i would love to be able to integrate the questions right into my powerpoint, but at this point it looks like I will be toggling back and forth. Let me know it this is not correct.

Response from VoxVote

Yes, at the moment there is no Powerpoint or Keynote plugin. Main reason: it might work on your local installation laptop, but on venue location, there might be other laptops on media beamers, preventing to install plugins.
Also, the variety of Microsoft Office - version 2010, 2013, 2016 both on 32 and 64 bits makes it really hard to make hassle free plugins.
Nevertheless, we are developing a simple slide page within VoxVote in 2018. So you can create simple slides between your questions. You can think of headers, subheaders, paragraphs, images, bulleted lists etc.

Yael R.

using voxvote

Reviewed on 2019/06/16

i plan to use it in a conference.

Pros

easy to learn how to use it. very friendly

Cons

design can be upgraded to somthing more nice

Response from VoxVote

Thanks, we keep improving!

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Great App (with some minor flaws)

Reviewed on 2019/01/02

The flaws described above are rather minor, and will probably get addressed. All in all a great alternative for interactive lectures!

Pros

I really like the "bring your own device" or BYOD philosophy. It makes this very easily accessible and eliminates hardware logistics for the presenters/organizers. There is a nice variety of question or rather answer types, including multiple choice and free text/word cloud.

Creating a quiz is very easy, and with a bit of experience it requires hardly any effort.

Cons

The designer interface as well as the presentation itself are not very intuitive or self explanatory. You actually have to know what you are doing especially regarding key shortcuts, otherwise you can feel lost (I hid the results by accident during my first presentation with Voxvote, and couldn't make them reappear, for example). It's easy once you consult the documentation though.

The screen for the audience does not update automatically. In order to keep track of how many people have voted, you have to keep pushing the refresh button.

I haven't found a way yet to make Voxvote show the correct answer after voting, but I do it in Powerpoint instead.

The screen the audience sees is the same one that the presenter sees on his screen. I think it would be nicer if there was a presenter screen with all info and a cleaner, uncluttered audience screen on the 2nd monitor/projector.

Response from VoxVote

You can use 'color' to indicate the correct answer.

Mike B.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

I've only used it for a few classes so far, but I am impressed with how well it works

Reviewed on 2018/01/01

It is similar to using Clickers, except that students do not need to pay an extra to buy it. I find that polling students has several benefits. One, it helps students to realize that their thoughts are not unusual, thus making them more likely to express them in discussions. Two, polling allows students to express opinions anonymously on controversial issues and then to see the viewpoint of the class (e.g. fellow students). Three, polling can help to make unreflective, but popular notions apparent by exposing them in a safe way.

Pros

It is easy to use. It works without any sort of problems or glitches. I like that I always have the same code, so that students don't need a new code for each question that I might ask. The visuals are also clear so that students can see them easily on the screen and it seems to work on everyone's phone or computer.

Cons

Mostly, I wish that I could incorporate a poll into PowerPoint slides. It would make it simpler to ask a question, and then go into a discussion and then to another question.
I would also like to be able to duplicate an event and name it according to the semester, year and session in which I am using it, since I will often repeat a poll over several semesters if it works well.

Looking for an interactive ice breaker to start a training and poll the group of 10 at the...

Reviewed on 2018/01/27

Too early to tell, still need to perform with a real live audience.
I hope to use this as an ice breaker at the start of a short training to poll participants about their perception and let the answer statistics generate some interactions from the audience.

Pros

Kahoot is used a lot in our company during events, but I needed something that is not a contest but a poll that allows for more than 4 answers.

PROS:
+ Web based and browser access and no mandatory app required (not everyone has a smartphone!)
+ Easy to set-up questions
+ Clear visualisation of the results

Cons

- First impression of a question with 7 answers looked clunky due to scrolling that felt unnatural
- After a first test, it is not clear what "free" really means... Limitations of a free account were not visible, but then again I dit not really look for it either before filling this in.

--> value for your company will be that your name will be mentioned and projected throughout a diverse population of 10K+ employee company. If feedback of participants is good, it will be promoted in our internal intranet community.

Response from VoxVote

Hi, thanks for your review.
We don't have yet your credentials, so please sent us a mail to [email protected] and we can try to solve the 'cons' you mentioned.

Roland P.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Nice and handy for votings in live audience

Reviewed on 2019/11/25

Pros

The results can be shown live in front of the audience. The availability of the tool is great.

Cons

The user interface for administering the Votings is not so self explanatory. I needed to practice first before I did my first live voting in front of an audience.

Response from VoxVote

Thanks!
with live software / events, it's always good to practice beforehand.

Amanda B.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Good Free

Reviewed on 2018/11/04

Pros

I love that I have a free option since I only use it once a year

Cons

I am not happy with the price point for annual subscription options.

Response from VoxVote

Hi, thanks for your response.
About your cons: annual subscription.
We don't have that, we work with credits, so you can use whenever you want. It's not a recurring monthly or annual payment.

Scott L.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Great App and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Pros

We started using this to survey our leadership teams so they can use their phones to take the surveys and that's helped a lot with getting the surveys filled out and completed. The fact that they can use their phone rather than be in the office made a massive difference in completion rate for us.

Cons

Minor learning curve with design, but as with any new piece of software it just took a little bit of experimentation and practice (and online videos) to get the hang of things.

Response from VoxVote

thanks!

Steve L.
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

Only 4 credits not 5. On stage right now.

Pros

Great super, will write more here to gill

Cons

Rubbish. Just doing this to get one more credit.

Response from VoxVote

Hi Steve,
Did you use another VoxVote account? We can't find you with these names. Thansk anyway for the 10 out of 10 stars

Daniel T.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

The best app to manage queries

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

The best use I make is during my classes, since I can go verifying my student's learning through questions or QUIZ live.

Pros

What I love most about voxvote is that I can consult with my students live and analyze the results in real time. The other advantage is that you do not need to install any software which allows it to be compatible on any device with internet.

Cons

The only disadvantage is that they could add an unlimited payment plan, that is to say that for a fixed amount you can have imitated events, not only for credits, the rest is an excellent tool.

Ethan B.
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Great product!

Reviewed on 2018/10/27

Pros

Very easy to use, self explanatory. Great for folks like me who are not as tech-savvy as others

Cons

Nothing really - would like to have the capability to add maybe one slide for the free version to try it out.

Response from VoxVote

Thanks Ethan,

Slides are available only in the upgraded version.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy to use Audience Response software

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

I have use the software to keep my students more awake and participative on classes. Until now, it is working. Also, I have been able to get more information and feedback from them on real time - normally students are a silent crowd facing us and we do not know a lot about them or what is on their minds; this software is helping me get some clues.

Pros

It is easy to use and intuitive, you can start working with it immediately after start t

Cons

I would like the software to have more interaction with common presentation software (e.g., Powerpoint).

Jenny R.

I am a convert

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

Very good

Pros

I love that it is easy to use, that I can have as many students log on as I need - most others only offer a limited number for the free trial version.
Mostly, I want to be interactive in my lectures and this is the tool to help me do that.

Cons

Dread to have my credits end and to have to pay for it.

Response from VoxVote

Thanks for the great words!
And about the credits: you can apply as educational user. See http://www.voxvote.com/offers/domainlist

William P.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

So far this is the best survey tool I have used

Reviewed on 2018/08/23

I use this in class to help engage students in question answer sessions so they can see they are not alone in being wrong about certain topics. A great survey tool.

Pros

I really like the ease of use and display of results and ability to show different aspects of the poll.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a little slow to update when editing a survey. I have also had issues remembering to hit start on every question but these are minor points that I do not think detract from this tool.

Response from VoxVote

Thanks for the great review!
About the start question, you can also use letter S on your keyboard to start.
Other letters: R refresh, N next, B back question and arrow keys as well. F for fullscreen. See the gear icon in top left corner.

Regards
Vincent

Nicole M.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

New user

Reviewed on 2018/08/09

Rather satisfying but we have a very limited experience at that point. We hope it satisfies our needs.
Wait and see....

Pros

Easy to use from the start without any knowledge of the app.

Cons

The free version is rather limited and the limitation of 10 questions per event is easily reached.
Moreover, a bug in the application doubles some questions without notice and adds them to the final count.

Response from VoxVote

Thanks for your review. Also thanks for notifying the flaw in calculation of deleted questions. It's fixed and will be released soon in our august 2018 update.

Zoher C.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Voxvote Nov 2018

Reviewed on 2018/11/03

Pros

It is very easy to use. Flexible to manage the event.

Cons

Wish it was free beyond the initial 5 sessions.

Robbe H.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Had a hard time getting it to go live

Reviewed on 2017/06/11

the ability to potentially get results for my events. The MIC requires that we vote on the mobile and see them asap

Pros

The idea of getting results fast and we do contest that requires voting all the time so we will use it frequently

Cons

Had trouble going live so once I can get that going I can test the results and get back. I couldnt find any reason for it not to work and search a lot to find the answer

Response from VoxVote

Did you manage to get it live? It's our common used feature.

Jeff H.

Simple and easy to us technology that enables great audience participation.

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Instant feedback
Baseline knowledge assessment
Anonymous feedback of participant behaviour in taboo subjects

Pros

Simplicity of use for the for voters makes it quick and easy for the facilitator to integrate into a learning session

Cons

Not being able to embed the survey into presentation software such as PowerPoint which means the facilitators need to toggle between 2 screens

Response from VoxVote

Hi Jeff, thanks for the review.
About the Powerpoint integration: we are creating a simple slide option in VoxVote, where you can have a text screen with heading, bullets, paragraphs and images. Will be summer 2018 or earlier for licenced users (Paid or Educational)

Alex L.

Amazing program for lecturing!!!

Reviewed on 2016/11/17

I don't usually write reviews but I would like to thank Voxvote for this amazing program. Lectures are never the same. Voxvote allows me to engage students on another level and pick out areas where they didn't really understand so I can explain to them again. Many thanks!!!

Pros

easy to use, fast, always work.

Cons

Perhaps the bars could have pre-defined different colours

Response from VoxVote

Wow, for someone who never writes a review, this is the ultimate review!.
About the colors: if you have one question with your colors (you can copy paste the hex codes #00DAFA) and if you copy that question, all will have the same colors. But we will also add a default color to the roadmap. We might implement it in nearby future.

Marco R.

Support teaching

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

Trying it to see if it worth the use for teaching and I guess yes

Pros

Simplicity to use , live results, I liked it

Cons

Design and , I had to try many things to see how I can empty the results to use it again. I used duplicate but not veyr sure it is the good way

Response from VoxVote

Thanks, we will also share your information about our full free educational license

Sarah j S.
  • Industry: Entertainment

This is the best kind of software at the best price for what I do for my business.

Reviewed on 2017/06/15

It adds a completely new and fun level to the events we put on. The audience gets to be involved and it makes for a completely new and different comedy experience.

Pros

I love that there's an app...makes it easy for our audience members to participate in the process. Also like that we get to show results in real time.

Cons

It's a little slow, and some functions seem a little backwards (like pushing "update" before "close"...there's no auto-save, so you can lose any changes if you hit "close" before "update")

Response from VoxVote

Thanks! We will keep improving performance. Maybe the 'slow' was local WiFi related.

Jeff N.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Get going in a few minutes

Reviewed on 2017/07/27

Free polling for my presentations.

Pros

Pretty simple and straightforward. It is easy to create questions and start polling in about 10 minutes.

Cons

That you need "credits" to use the polling features. But I understand they can't give everything away for free.

Response from VoxVote

Hi Jeff, yes, we use credits also to prevent monthly or recurring costs. So you only pay when you use a credit from your credit bundle.

Adri S.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Easy to use!

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Make your meetings more interactive with tools like this one!

Pros

It's easy, intuitive and can be personalized!

Cons

The pay system - I understand why but if you could buy one event at the time that'd be much easier

Response from VoxVote

Thanks!

Consider our bronze upgrade as one event upgrade + your remaining free ones.
Basically, you get 2 bonus events for free.

Ajay G.

Amazing - which I found it 10 years ago

Reviewed on 2016/04/12

After spending a lot of money on clickers and other infrared hardware,I found this live survey/poll software online. Now we can run our own projects without any additional support. We can completely do it ourselves.

The money for value is amazing.
We didn't have contacted customer service yet, but this is a 5 stars company, so I put in the 5 starts for CS as well.

Response from VoxVote

Thanks, we are only 2 years old. So we couldn't serve you earlier.

Alastair S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Needs more functionality

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

good

Pros

multiple questions with multiple answer types

Cons

could use more options as a teaching tool: e.g. statistical output, more credits for academic use

Response from VoxVote

Thanks.
About the 'cons' more credits: you and whole of Imperial College are involved in the free educational upgrade, so no need for extra credits. Its unlimited.