OptiSigns

Digital signage for content, promotions and marketing

4,6
4,7
4,2
4,6
4,7
Cameron W.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Inexpensive Option; easy to use.

Reviewed on 2020/07/14

We are using OptiSigns for internal signage and announcements within our 70 person office staff. This will hopefully allow us to better display company achievements and news.

Pros

This software does exactly what I would hope it'd do.

Cons

It is a very functional software on PC's, however, I do wish there was better ROKU support. This would eliminate the need for an additional PC and a lot less work would be necessary.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Dimitri F.

Extremely easy to use.

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

So far the overall experience has been great. I will have more on this as I start to add in more screens and different content.

Pros

The software is very easy to use when setting up playlist. Linking up to screens only takes seconds. I have been testing most of the features on a local chiropractors office screen through his firestick. Only took minutes to set up and push content live onto his screen from my phone. I do most of my content creation on the desktop with Adobe software. Once I upload the custom content from my desktop to the Optisigns cloud. I am able to simply control everything else on my phone when needed. This is nice for when I am remote from the office.

Cons

The mobile version of the website is sometimes tricky. Works better in vertical mode. When in widescreen mode most of the dashboard is cut off and innaccable even with scrolling. Maybe an app designed specifically for mobile would improve the ease of use via mobile.

Jeffrey S.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Inexpensive and feature packed Digital Signage, Hooray!

Reviewed on 2020/10/01

Pros

We've been using this software at our restaurants for the past few years, and compared to other hardware/software solutions, Optisigns has really created a well thought out system to address all of our needs - and we have specific criteria that not many other companies met. For those times we needed help with the set up or maintenance, customer service was always accessible and found solutions to our many questions. Compatibility with other software and SAAS vendors had made a huge impact for us.

Cons

We are very happy with Optisigns and can't think of anything negative at this point.

Benoit M.
Industry: Retail

Still geeking, with a better UI.

Reviewed on 2020/02/24

It's all about giving to the customer of retail in the right context at the right time. I can now say if there's a one day special without printing stuff ... or get people throught the door easily.

Pros

I don't have to setup too much stuff now. It's all about pushing content and make it happen. That's is just perfect. There's some integration that I'm sure I'll use.

Cons

We can sense how it's based on technicality. For example, it's nearly impossible for most of my marketing staff to understand the pourcentage to create zones. The naming (assets), the flow ... is fundamentaly a UI on top of code.

So that mean, I can't transfert this task to someone else without a training. And this, mean that the digital sign will not be updated as frequently.

Julie H.
Industry: Restaurants

Look no further

Reviewed on 2020/08/10

Love the product thus far

Pros

I have TouchBistro and their digital menu did not work at all. I have searched and searched tried multiple trials and this was by far user user friendly and easy to use even if you are not tech savvy. I can add my continuous updates to the menu as we have to keep adjusting due to food costs and the shortages. It loads in seconds beautifully. I even mark out what items we sell out of. Don’t waste your time looking around!

Cons

The symbols are a little lacking and could not change the color on the ones I wanted to use from the template. Also I could not find the font though it was used in the template. I hope as I learn how to upload and edit I think it won’t matter. I also wish I could set the font size with a number not a slider bar it’s to hard to get it exact but I managed to make it close.

Camryn B.
Industry: Civil Engineering

Awesome, especially for displaying Outlook Calendar

Reviewed on 2020/08/31

The experience has been great so far!

Pros

We were specifically looking for a solution to display the Outlook calendar for our conference rooms, and OptiSigns was by far the most user-friendly and most capable of the functionality and look we desired.

Cons

I'm only on my first week of use, so any troubles I've had have all been training related.

Michaela B.
Industry: Printing

Don't try anything else, this is so worth it!

Reviewed on 2020/07/27

Phenomenal. I needed help with something when I first was using it and the customer service team got back with me immediately and resolved my issues, which was totally user error.

Pros

I love that I can change what is displaying on our TV's anywhere and anytime. I had tried a few other softwares and I actually read about OptiSigns in a negative review of one of the products I had tried before! As soon as I opened the app and started messing with it, I was able to have our TVs up and running with the information we needed displayed. My favorite feature is all of the apps that are provided and even a covid-19 folder with a lot of information to display for our employees.

Cons

I wish there were more apps because I absolutely love them! That really isn't a con, just a wish.

Nick T.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Love Features! Needs more Customizeation.

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

We wanted to be able to streamline our processes from uploading, ad creation, and app features

Pros

I love the integrations and how easy it is to set them up.
Uploading is simple and the Dropbox / Drive app is amazing! I absolutely adore it. It allows me to build out a section for my clients to customize themselves.

Cons

I would love to see more customizability. I bet [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from support is done with me by now because I send him too many emails (joking).
But being able to:
- Change Font Size in Apps
- Chose different display styles (For Reviews, being able to toggle as most recent)
- Change the way some of the Apps Look more than just aspect ratio

I would also love to be able to take a crack at designing apps for the system but I'm not entirely sure how to go about it. I have some HTML experience and am wondering the best way to go about it.

We are also wanting the possibility to white label the software if possible. We are planning to put in at least 100 screens over the next 6 months.

Ciaran G.
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

OptiSigns review

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

I started using OptiSigns to test alternatives to our current digital signage solution. Though it looks great and has a whole mess of potential, I just don't think it's suitable for us (we're 2,300+ across 14 offices worldwide) but it's definitely a great starter for smaller companies and organisations, especially the price compared to other competitors.

Pros

- It's easy to set up and use, nice and simple.

- It's customisable but could do with more personalised features.

- Coming from a professional AV point-of-view, it's basic, which is great for first-time, small organisation setup but not for scalability.

- It's reasonably priced for what you get.

Cons

- The playlist, if long, can be quite difficult to find content you want to remove/remanage.

- No custom widgets or live RSS feeds.

- There's no preview window to see content if you upload new display content.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Amy A.
Industry: Warehousing

Ok Product

Reviewed on 2020/07/14

It has been fine.

Pros

It is nice with how easy the software hooks up to the devices we need to display the plays on.

Cons

The difficulties with this software come in form of functionality. For example, you can not view the images in the playlist. They appear very small and you are unable to enlarge to make sure they are correct. Also, the functionality within the playlist upload is disappointing. For instance, you can not delete items in your uploads. This becomes very congested.

John L.
Industry: Entertainment

Excellent Solution

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

We have implented OptiSigns to power about 30 digital displays in our multi-disciplinary performing arts venue which is visited by approximately 150,000 guests annually. These displays are used for wayfinding, concessions/bar menus, box office signage, marketing assets, and even projection.

Our team of staff has been thrilled with OptiSigns and its ease of use vs. our previous system. In particular, the Notice Board app is incredibly useful for quick and professional deployment of content including messages like "OPAC welcomes Mr. John Doe" for day time meetings with donors. Our previous software for digital signage had only the most basic of notice board functionality.

Pros

OptiSigns is HALF the cost of our previous software per screen/per month. As a non-profit, we work hard to use cost-effective solutions.

The feature set of OptiSigns is far greater than our previous system and after reviewing our options, it appears much more powerful than other solutions.

The deployment using Amazon Fire Sticks is absurdly easy. The affordability and availability of Fire Sticks also makes it super quick and easy to add additional screens.

OptiSigns does not charge for additional users. This is super helpful for a non-profit as we can empower our part-time staff to update our digital signage as needed. Other software options can charge up to $15 per user per month in addition to the per screen charge!

The folder management tool is awesome! It is very easy for each one of our departments to organize assets and keep things clean.

Cons

This is really more of a wishlist rather than cons

Presets - We would love the ability to have mass presets that could be deployed quickly. For example, a preset would deploy different "Post-show" content to all screens for display as audiences leave. Likewise, "intermission" specific content could be deployed to different screens.

Chromebox - I would like to see better integration for Chromebox devices in kiosk mode.

Jeff G.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Exceptional Value

Reviewed on 2020/02/14

We have two screens in our office and want to have a good mix of organic content (that we create) and other content we pull from our social sites, weather feeds and news channels.

Pros

The whole platform is priced really well for a small business. It was easy to set up the hardware player, I used the Amazon Fire stick they have very good instructions on the OptSigns website as to how to configure it properly. Uploading assets and creating the playlist was also super easy.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of - the whole UX has been great to date.

Mark P.
Industry: Computer & Network Security
Company size: Self Employed

My Opinion

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

Customer support is seriously lacking for a paid service. I was promised a discount with my ongoing commitment with instructions on how to apply for it via email. I followed everything they asked and got NO response and was billed full price. I asked why the discount was not applied and got no response so I canceled the service and then I got a response why I was canceling and what they could do better going forward. I simply replied "honor your agreements" I didn't receive any apologize or any attempt to fix the situation or retain me as a customer. They quite clearly left an impression of "we don't care" whit me. I have since found a better service with another provider.

Pros

Easy for users that are new to digital signage. Has all the basic elements you might need but lacks for advanced features. If you require prompt customer support for your project, you will not find it here.

Cons

no online support. very basic, small set of modules that are not customizable. No cancellation option, had to go through web form and email that took several days.

Response from OptiSigns Inc.

Hi Mark,
Thank you for the feedback.
Any customer can cancel service anytime by reducing subscription to Zero.

As for discount, we looked at the communication records for your account in our system, we did responded and applied give you refund for the discount within 24h of your request.
If you have further concerns please feel free to reach out to us again.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Devon L.
Industry: Government Administration

The best digital signage software PERIOD

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

We replaced our old 1970's foam bulletin board with OptiSigns and a 50" TV and we never looked back. It has been tremendously more popular than the bulletin board as we are able to convey a greater amount of information to constituents passing through in the hallways. Video functionality is great as well. I showed the free trial to my boss and she was so impressed we subscribed for 3 screens before the trial was up.

Pros

Accepts multiple file types, compatible with cheap media devices (Kindle Fire) for ease of setup, custom slide timers, VIDEO COMPATIBILITY, easy drag-and-drop features, pleasant and simple aesthetic, user functionality, web-based interface (no additional software needed), affordable price for smaller organizations.

Cons

Cloud storage could be a little bigger, 1GB is not a lot especially when using videos.

Katie K.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

Easy & Well Priced

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

I was using a different service previously and we often lost connection to our TVs. It was hard to get the TVs connected, so staff couldn't manage it. I would have to drive back to my business to fix it, or wait until another day and leave the signs offline. With OptiSigns we haven't had a single issue! It's so easy to set up and connect anyone on my team can manage it...and it's half the cost!

Pros

Everything is very simple to use, it works great, and is consistent--there is no interruption in service.

Cons

I haven't found anything yet! So far everything has been great.

Raymon G.

The Bean Counter

Reviewed on 2020/08/07

Pros

Relatively easy to setup, the building of templates is easy, it deploys new graphics with ease and immediately, and compared to the last digital signage this is fantastic!!

Cons

Fire TV had a few glitches but customer support got it all figured out for me

Bryan R.
Company size: Self Employed

Works well for Small Business

Reviewed on 2019/11/22

I am able to update Optisigns from any computer where I can login to my account whether it is from home on a Sunday night or 9am weekday at work.

Pros

I switched from a more expensive and cumbersome digital signage company. I run YouTube blooper videos mixed with slides of products to up-sell at a local restaurant.
It does what is says it does. Makes any TV a digital sign. Easy to set up (I used a firestick on 2 TVs).
I run continuously 24/7.
I am very pleased. I hope to contribute user experience to the support team to improve the features.

Cons

When you have a long playlist, it is not visually easy to find the items you want to swap out or change.
It would be nice to import one asset and use it multiple times in a playlist, without importing it each time.

Rafiu A.

Smooth and simplistic, suitable best reliable digital signage application around.

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Pros

Simple manage digital uploads over multiple screens. The application offers various digital extension uploads for display across multiple digital screens. Capability to manage each individual display via a central hub; permitting users to control upload and display content from none local source. And offers excellent customer support with regards to technical concerns. Issues requiring attention are immediately addressed by chat or phone less 24 hours or reporting. Also, love the time/scheduling feature; allows the user to schedule signage display time/date/source of content, permitting the user to set automation into effect. Finally, enjoyed the built-in capability to design and edit images/videos for upload permitting user creativity.

Cons

Price per display I believe could (should) be lowered. Though as a first-time user, you're permitted access to the features, free of no charge for the first 7 days access. This can be a hassle for business owners lacking funds to budget this expense but would like to implement a digital touch to his/her business. Also, not too pleased that the displays relay heavily on internet access. For someone running a business from a mobile setting, this can be costly. The individual would have to invest in additional services such as a mobile hot-spot in order to take advantage of such a useful tool.

Vince K.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Easy to use and makes our client look great!

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

I'm so glad we found OptiSigns. Now that we've been using it a while, I can't imagine using any other playtform. Do yourself a favor...take it for a test drive. You'll love it!

Pros

OptiSigns was super easy to get up and running. We launched it using a Roku stick and had no issues whatsoever. After playing around in the UI for a few minutes, we found it very simple and intuitive to upload content and create a playlist for our client. As a bonus, some of teh pre-designed COVID content was really useful. We've tried some other platforms that were not nearly as easy to use. In fact, the platform we switched from was unreliable and had a hard time staying connected.

Cons

We create our content outside OptiSigns and import for the playlists, but I gave the design tool a try. I was able to create the visual I wanted, but it took longer than I expected. I chalk that up to my unfamiliarity with the UI. If I weren't already using somethign else, I'd find it handy.

Mark G.
Industry: Public Safety

Outstanding Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

We are using OptiSigns to present dashboards of our metrics and training videos to our personnel.

Pros

The flexibility is outstanding both from a software and a hardware standpoint. The customer support is also outstanding and super responsive. I had a problem late in the evening and received an email almost immediately. The problem was corrected and I was up and running again.

Cons

It has a little bit of a learning curve to it but there is plenty of documentation to help.

James P.
Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Performs well but lacks features

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

We are using digital signage as a Bulletin Board for our members. The Ancient Order of Hibernians is an organization for Americans of Irish ancestry. Membership, notices, activities and our event calendar are all displayed on the system. Multiple users, easy of use and content availability were all important issues in picking a digital signage system.

Pros

Optisigns performs as advertised with a very user friendly interface. I was able to get my screen up and running in a matter of 10 minutes. There are some minor issues with some the apps you can add to your signs but nothing to prevent a decent digital sign system.

Cons

The biggest weakness is the lack of apps for your screens. In the end, we decided to use ScreenCloud because of the wealth of apps compared to Optisigns. Frankly, the services are almost identical in layout and use. The major exceptions are the greater number of apps with ScreenCloud and the availability of the preview function for apps in ScreenCloud. More apps allows for easier generation of new content for the user and keeps the signs current with less work. Both services need to expand the use of transitions between each piece of content and the appearance of white screens between some apps.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Jessica W.
Industry: Retail

Best bang for your buck!

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

So far, it's been pretty great overall! It does what we need it to do for now and it's the best bang for your buck.

Pros

I love that I can pre-schedule something to play on the TVs and that I can just drag and drop content onto individual TVs. We have multiple locations and multiple TVs per location, and it was pretty easy to label each TV on the back-end.

Cons

The back-end side where you get to upload content is a bit confusing (at least to me). I wasn't sure if I needed a schedule, a playlist, or an asset (or a combination of all 3!) and I had to change it on the TV settings as well as the actual playlist itself before it would work.

It's also a bit clunky to have to download a separate app to get the optisigns app to start without having someone turn on the TV, use the fire stick to select the app. It would be great if it could auto-open the OptiSigns app when the TV turns on so we don't need to have multiple remotes out as we have multiple TVs in multiple stores.

James B.
Industry: Entertainment

Easy to use, support is top notch

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

Overall, from the initial onboarding process to tech support, they've been wonderful to work with. We have deployed over 60 devices across the country with ease.

Pros

Managing multiple screens from across the country has been the best part about OptiSigns. I can verify that the monitor is running and that it has the content displayed that I need.

Cons

Some of the Social Media integrations could be better. The overall offerings are limited.

Ibrahim E.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

EXCELLENT E SIGN SOLUTION

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

VERY SATISFIED CUSOMER WITH 10 SCREENS

Pros

IT IS EASY TO USE AND IT DOES NOT NEED A TECH SAVY PERSON TO START E SIGND ROLLING ON A TV IN LESS THAN 15 MINUTES

Cons

NOTHING SO FAR IT IS A GREAT EASY AFFORDABLE E SIGN TOOL

Bret B.

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2020/02/05

Our stores look much better now that we can afford more display screens! We love OptiSigns!

Pros

I have absolutely loved this service since switching from ScreenCloud. I am able to schedule my displays months in advance. Transitions between displayed files is a lovey feature! And at $10 a month per screen Optisigns is the best value around!

Cons

I would love a couple more apps and features on the backend. I would love to be able to preview individual files on the Files/Assets Page.