OptiSigns

$10/mo, turn any screen into digital sign

Jessica S.

BEST VALUE, QUALITY & SUPPORT

Reviewed on 2021/03/12

OUTSTANDING. Great support, wonderful opportunities to capture more individuals' attention.

Pros

I have no idea why anyone would use any other digital signage company. Seriously. I got hands on support all the way through before I even PURCHASED. They addressed every question within the same day. The application to create content is FREE-- I don't have to pay for the templates or any features. There's no hardware necessary unlike most other companies out there. If I could rate it ten stars I would. I love love love OptiSigns and I am so glad we chose them over the other companies we were looking at!

Cons

There is nothing bad I could say about this product, everything has gone so smoothly, from set up to content development.

Coby S.

Incredibly simple and intuitive system

Reviewed on 2021/02/27

Great. Contacted support during my free trial and heard back almost right away, and solved a problem quickly that could have cost me HOURS!

Pros

It was super easy for me to set up and it already had a direct integration to google data studio where we had already built all of our dashboards!

Cons

Would like to be able to embed any webpage directly. But then again, I'm not sure if that's possible with any system.

Mark P.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

My Opinion

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

Customer support is seriously lacking for a paid service. I was promised a discount with my ongoing commitment with instructions on how to apply for it via email. I followed everything they asked and got NO response and was billed full price. I asked why the discount was not applied and got no response so I canceled the service and then I got a response why I was canceling and what they could do better going forward. I simply replied "honor your agreements" I didn't receive any apologize or any attempt to fix the situation or retain me as a customer. They quite clearly left an impression of "we don't care" whit me. I have since found a better service with another provider.

Pros

Easy for users that are new to digital signage. Has all the basic elements you might need but lacks for advanced features. If you require prompt customer support for your project, you will not find it here.

Cons

no online support. very basic, small set of modules that are not customizable. No cancellation option, had to go through web form and email that took several days.

Response from OptiSigns Inc.

Hi Mark,
Thank you for the feedback.
Any customer can cancel service anytime by reducing subscription to Zero.

As for discount, we looked at the communication records for your account in our system, we did responded and applied give you refund for the discount within 24h of your request.
If you have further concerns please feel free to reach out to us again.

Jemma W.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Easy to use and perfect for our business needs

Reviewed on 2021/02/22

Its been a pleasure. No issues what so ever and any questions I had about the product or purchasing were answered and followed up in a timely manner.

Pros

The product is easy to use with many tools/apps/widgets and templates to help you create personalized digital advertising that suits everyone's needs. Opti Sign has a reasonable price point and great communication between developers and ourselves whenever we had any questions. I would certainly not have any hesitations in recommending this product to anyone looking to improve their digital advertising!

Cons

Although there are many benefits and features with this program, as someone with little I.T expertise sometimes I did find it challenging to read through all the Q & A's, I learn better with visual aids, so maybe (and this is only a small suggestion ) more video's or info graphs in the "How To" section for the day to day apps/widgets/templates/scheduling etc.

Katie K.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Easy & Well Priced

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

I was using a different service previously and we often lost connection to our TVs. It was hard to get the TVs connected, so staff couldn't manage it. I would have to drive back to my business to fix it, or wait until another day and leave the signs offline. With OptiSigns we haven't had a single issue! It's so easy to set up and connect anyone on my team can manage it...and it's half the cost!

Pros

Everything is very simple to use, it works great, and is consistent--there is no interruption in service.

Cons

I haven't found anything yet! So far everything has been great.

Raymon G.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

The Bean Counter

Reviewed on 2020/08/07

Pros

Relatively easy to setup, the building of templates is easy, it deploys new graphics with ease and immediately, and compared to the last digital signage this is fantastic!!

Cons

Fire TV had a few glitches but customer support got it all figured out for me

Glen T.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Easy to Use Signage Solution

Reviewed on 2021/03/30

We provide signage and event updates for the church. Optisign has made the process easy to use and update.

Pros

Optisign makes sign layout easy and professional looking. Scheduling layouts is simple and straight forward. Since Optisign is an application that runs and not an OS image that has be deployed makes it easy to use and allows for hardware modification.

Cons

I wish there was a way to disable or turn off/on the hardware remotely through Optisign. It would be nice to turn it off in the evenings.

Christopher C.

OPTISIGN

Reviewed on 2020/11/13

so far so good

Pros

The program is very easy to use and the support info was easy to get to and helpful

Cons

There was noting that was problematic or bad

Vince K.

Easy to use and makes our client look great!

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

I'm so glad we found OptiSigns. Now that we've been using it a while, I can't imagine using any other playtform. Do yourself a favor...take it for a test drive. You'll love it!

Pros

OptiSigns was super easy to get up and running. We launched it using a Roku stick and had no issues whatsoever. After playing around in the UI for a few minutes, we found it very simple and intuitive to upload content and create a playlist for our client. As a bonus, some of teh pre-designed COVID content was really useful. We've tried some other platforms that were not nearly as easy to use. In fact, the platform we switched from was unreliable and had a hard time staying connected.

Cons

We create our content outside OptiSigns and import for the playlists, but I gave the design tool a try. I was able to create the visual I wanted, but it took longer than I expected. I chalk that up to my unfamiliarity with the UI. If I weren't already using somethign else, I'd find it handy.

Nicholas G.

Simple, Inexpensive, comprehensive

Reviewed on 2020/11/06

We have been looking for a cost effective way to distribute information to students. Emails and posters were being ignore glazed over. Other screen products were too expensive and needed special equipment. We could utilize technology we already had on hand to implement OptiSigns.

Pros

I love the split screen ability! We can a 'dashboard' type screen for our students to get frequently needed info quickly rotate slides of other info.

Cons

It is slightly confusing embedding assets within assets. It took a little while to figure out how to use split screen as the asset that housed other assets and the assigning only a single item or playlist to a screen. After that, it was very easy!

Jessica W.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Best bang for your buck!

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

So far, it's been pretty great overall! It does what we need it to do for now and it's the best bang for your buck.

Pros

I love that I can pre-schedule something to play on the TVs and that I can just drag and drop content onto individual TVs. We have multiple locations and multiple TVs per location, and it was pretty easy to label each TV on the back-end.

Cons

The back-end side where you get to upload content is a bit confusing (at least to me). I wasn't sure if I needed a schedule, a playlist, or an asset (or a combination of all 3!) and I had to change it on the TV settings as well as the actual playlist itself before it would work.

It's also a bit clunky to have to download a separate app to get the optisigns app to start without having someone turn on the TV, use the fire stick to select the app. It would be great if it could auto-open the OptiSigns app when the TV turns on so we don't need to have multiple remotes out as we have multiple TVs in multiple stores.

Ciaran G.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

OptiSigns review

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

I started using OptiSigns to test alternatives to our current digital signage solution. Though it looks great and has a whole mess of potential, I just don't think it's suitable for us (we're 2,300+ across 14 offices worldwide) but it's definitely a great starter for smaller companies and organisations, especially the price compared to other competitors.

Pros

- It's easy to set up and use, nice and simple.

- It's customisable but could do with more personalised features.

- Coming from a professional AV point-of-view, it's basic, which is great for first-time, small organisation setup but not for scalability.

- It's reasonably priced for what you get.

Cons

- The playlist, if long, can be quite difficult to find content you want to remove/remanage.

- No custom widgets or live RSS feeds.

- There's no preview window to see content if you upload new display content.

Dmc N.

Value for money, yet with some powerful feature

Reviewed on 2021/03/24

With the price and feature provided, it is easily one of if not the best screen digital platform service out there, not to mention the amazing customer service by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], simply awesome for any cloud services we use so far, almost all reply within 24 hours. Keep up the amazing customer service!

Pros

Pricing is the best among the industry. Dont get me wrong. Lower price does not mean less powerful feature, they provide most of the basic and some advanced features needed for digital marketing user or agency and more than enough for the mass entry level users in fact.

The coolest feature? The AI detection with statistics based on male/female/etc when they are in front of your ads screen and ability to show different ads accordingly based on target audience detected.

Cons

App integration with 3rd party can be more options and a good ready selection of templates can be more professional design. Zapier support will be good. Scheduling can be improved with different days selection, dynamic time selection based on different screens and so on.

Response from OptiSigns Inc.

Hi Nick, thank you for the thoughtful feedback. These suggestions are on our roadmap to improve. Stay tuned!

Coby D.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Easiest, most economical digital signage option that offered the features we needed.

Reviewed on 2021/04/06

Extremely easy to demo, setup, and deploy. It took a matter of minutes to setup and entire hallway full of digital signage displays that we previously had on Cisco DMPs.

Pros

The cloud based, user interface was extremely easy to navigate. I was able to setup in minutes and had off media upload and scheduling to our public affairs and communications team with just a few minutes of training.

Cons

Really the only thing I would improved is additional transition features and option for multi factor authentication.

Response from OptiSigns Inc.

Thank you for the kind review!

Ali A.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

This is probably the solution you are looking for

Reviewed on 2021/02/19

The experience has been awesome, it literally just did everything we were looking for in a solution for digital signage.

Pros

Ease of use, hardware platform independence, broad but intuitive feature set and very well reasonably priced.

Cons

No real cons honestly, one could always wish for more apps/app-integrations, but it seems like they are continually adding more, so can barely complain about that.

Erik S.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Good product, just not what I was looking for

Reviewed on 2019/10/21

I signed up for a free trial and was able to see quickly that it did not support the features that we needed as an organization. Everything else I had tried to use worked as expected, and was smoother than other products that I've also demoed.

Pros

Simple and easy to use. Very nice interface.

Cons

It had very little integrations with other services that our enterprise uses. We were hoping to use it for things like exchange, trello, Five9, and tableau. There are other companies that support these things so just be aware of what you are looking for when shopping around for a digital signage solution. OptiSigns had one of the best interfaces and was very simple to use, so if it has the capabilities that you are looking for I would recommend it.

Ryan C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Just switched and I'm pleased.

Reviewed on 2021/03/23

So far so good. Business #1 likes the App features as well.

Pros

Apps, Visual Interface and friendly installation.

Cons

Cost to a degree. Needs more package options. It's kind of confusing to find the Edit Zone feature under the asset management. I feel like this should be a main features.

You could have your edit screens listed just like you do the file manager with a "Edit" button that stands out.

Kimberly A.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Exactly what we needed!

Reviewed on 2021/03/17

So far, been great!

Pros

We use Optisigns to update our offerings in real time via a Roku TV in our shop, as well as simultaneously broadcast to a page on our website. It’s so easy to update as needed and looks great.

Cons

Difficult to edit on mobile phone - even when using chrome browser as suggested

Response from OptiSigns Inc.

Thank you for your feedback. We are working on improving editing screens experience via mobile phone. Stay tuned!

Kevin H.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Great Display Tools

Reviewed on 2020/08/06

Pros

I love that I am able to display various apps of information such as news on my multiscreen setup!

Cons

I would like to be able to see sports scores.

Joseph M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Very Satidfied

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

easy and quick

Pros

Ease of use and it is exactly what I was looking for

Cons

nothing yet, there has been no hiccups at all thus far

Steven G.

User Friendly with room for growth

Reviewed on 2020/11/16

I am pleased with Optisign. I ended up ordering another raspberry pi to add another display in the office. My hopes is to sync the displays.

Pros

Optisign is user friendly. I've used other platforms and ran into complications due to the technicality of various features. Optisign is a straightforward software program that easily connects to whatever desired display through an raspberry pi.

Cons

Other software programs provide features that could be beneficial to optisign. First, the ability to schedule a displays power on/off. This feature could help a person to turn on displays while remaining remote or have them scheduled to turn on each day without the need to manually turn on the display. Second, the ability to turn audio on/off through the optisign interface. Currently, I can only turn sound on/off by manually controlling the tv.

John W.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Good for a pay service

Reviewed on 2021/03/27

The experience was great for what it was. I did the free trial, started to customize what I wanted, and was ready to continue with the service before a free option came along. If my needs were more elaborate I'd probably still be using OptiSigns.

Pros

OptiSigns seems to work well and do everything advertised. Ultimately I chose to go with a free service that did everything I needed it to, but this offers more options and control.

Cons

Honestly, the only thing that I would consider a con was the price. If I hadn't had another store owner recommend a free service I would probably be using OptiSign now.

Margurite M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Easy to use and works flawlessly

Reviewed on 2021/03/25

We've already seen interested grow with our video promotions.

Pros

LOVED how quick and easy setup was and how easy it is to launch and not even think about it.

Cons

Nothing, it's great! I will say it did take a white for my video to load into the system.

Response from OptiSigns Inc.

Thank you for your review!

Kevin C.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great product. Easy to set-up and easy to use

Reviewed on 2021/03/09

Overall just a great product. So easy to use, inexpensive, and it meets the needs of our organization. I am sold! Started with the free trial to try it out and I am so happy with it we will definitely upgrade to a subscription. Highly recommend!

Pros

Very easy to set-up and pair the product with our two screens. It looks great playing on our screens, the transition between slides is very smooth. Easy to go in and add, subtract, or change order of assets in the playlist. Just VERY user friendly.

Cons

The selection is pretty good but it would be nice to have a larger selection of templates available for use

Babak N.

Great easy to use Product, amazing team

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

if there was a better way to express how grateful I am to be working with this amazing company I would.

Pros

the best digital signage company I have ever worked with, best price, fast response team and easy to use platform checks all the marks I have for my business.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like as they build it to my specifications and that is the best anyone can every ask for.