Drakewell

Oil & gas field service software

Bogy Y.

Overall, I've had a great experience with the software.

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

The daily reporting aspects of the software are used by us on a daily basis. It is a good place to go to if you are trying to get a grasp of what is going on at the rig without having to access multiple files from the MWD and DD sides.

Pros

It is pretty user friendly and it is built around modern software development technology. The front end development is impressive. For a software that has to have so much information entered, the team has done a great job with making the user interface smooth and concise.

Cons

Customer service. When I have had problems, the turn around time has not been impressive. I have called a few times and there are times in which there have been a couple of days between communication from Drakewell's customer service.

Response from Drakewell

Hi Bogy,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for the honest feedback about the customer support. We definitely take this feedback to heart and hope that you have and will continue to see improvement in our turnaround time.

Manuel S.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Very Likely to use once you get the hang of the system

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

DrakeWell was hard at the beginning, but as time went by and the help, support, and implementing within both companies, it is now simple but still more to add to improve the system.

Pros

its a good tool to use for any asset tracking of components and hours.

Cons

not being able to track how many assets were assembled and disassembled each month.

Response from Drakewell

Hi Manuel,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! It's been a pleasure working with you over the past months.

Drakewell is the primary tool for real time data collection and does the "heavy lifting".
Analytics will have all the answers you need for shop metrics. We will reach out directly to you to dive into these a bit deeper.

The Drakewell Team

Griffin B.

MWD Review for Drakewell

Reviewed on 2018/12/08

It is hopefully going to take place of other files and paperwork that I have to fill out. At this moment it is just another place I have to fill in the same information that I fill in elsewhere. But I do see it being useful once my company goes to using drakewell 100%.

Pros

That when filling out sections that if it was not complete in certain areas it told you what needed to be put in.

Cons

When I fill out my run summary I have to have all the info needed to save the report. It isn't an option to partially complete it as we drill for that run.

Response from Drakewell

Hi Griffin,

Thank you for taking the time to review and give feedback. It should eventually replace the paperwork you have to do. We will also look into giving you a way to partially complete information in a BHA.

Tammy T.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Drakewell Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

Pros

Real time format on summary screen is easy to read and follow history

Cons

Takes way to long for updates to happen.

Response from Drakewell

Hi Tammy,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate all the time you have spent with us in training and giving feedback and we will continue to improve the platform as quickly as possible! We are constantly releasing new features and functionality--these are listed at http://help.drakewell.us/recent-updates.html

Dale H.

Extremely innovative and user friendly!

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Pros

The software has the most valuable tools built in for easily accessible functions. The 3D graphics make the reporting functions easy to view and share.

Cons

I'm ready for the newest functions to come available and they are still in development! I wish some of the functions were ready for the client to access from their own device.

Response from Drakewell

Dale,

Thank you for the review! We are actively working on the Client Portal so that you can increase the transparency and ease of communication between you and your clients.

Thanks!

Scott B.

Above Expectations - Just reviewing the Roll out and Implementation

Reviewed on 2018/07/04

1. Ease of Use.
2. Fast and painless Implementation
3. Elimination of unnecessary clerks to re-enter paperwork from tool assemblies / disassemblies
4. Drakewell team is 1st class in support and product knowledge.
5. Fun team to work with.
6. Software has strong controls that are easy to work with.
7. Engine the software runs on is extremely powerful.
8. Feels more like shopping on amazon than working in an accounting package
9. Analytics are amazing. Recently presented data tot a customer live in DW, Sales team is now using this functionality.
10. Alerts to team members is a great feature, when tools arrive, when incidents occur, when jobs start or are completed.
11. Daily revenue function is my goto each morning.
12. End users (Tech's/Field Engineers) actually like the software and commend its ease of use.

Pros

As far as the initial Roll out of the Software package, us migrating from multiple ERP programs and Excel spreadsheets, The attractiveness of the software from an Asset perceptive is that these components are live, our technicians use DW on Ipads as they receive tools, build them, and dispatch them thus eliminating clerks who historically entered the data. Once we were ready to migrate, we were live within 1 month, and all techs trained. My favorite area of the software is the ease of Bids and tickets, and the forecasting. Very powerful and intuitive areas. Our salesmen are creating bids in customer offices within seconds of being asked. Back to the rollout, I highly recommend working with the DW team. A refreshing change from the "others" in the DD software world.

Larry L.

Good Initiative / Bad Judgement

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

I can see where Drakewell can be beneficial to those in the office, in town, where internet is good, and they work a 40hr week. For those of us who have to actually use this software on a drilling location, it's not good, at all. Most rigs don't tend to have very good internet, and what we do have, is run off of a near non-existent cell service. This, in turn, winds up adding about 2hrs a day to our already 12hr shifts. It's really quite evident that the person who designed this software, never spent any real time in the field. I honestly don't know how you talk anybody, with any field sense, to actually spend money on Drakewell.

Pros

Compared to other available reporting systems, nothing, honestly, comes to mind.

Cons

It's redundant, slow and requires the field location to have decent internet, which most don't.

Response from Drakewell

Hi Larry,

Thank you for taking your time to give us feedback! One of the best things about Drakewell is that you can run it from your phone. Anywhere you have the ability to make a phone call or check your email from, you should be able to use Drakewell from as well. That being said, we are aware that some rig locations may have poor service which can inhibit seamless utilization of Drakewell in real time. We are in the process of developing a way to run Drakewell without internet, that will automatically pipe the information entered when sufficient internet service has resumed. This is expected to be deployed to the field within a few months.

Feedback from users like you is what drives innovation in the Drakewell platform, so again, thank you for your time and comments.

Rolando G.

My experience with Drakewell was initially overwhelming but it's now great to see it flow...

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Pros

I started using Drakewell several months ago and what I like the most about it s the fact that our office and field staff are all on the same page as we are drilling these wells. I'm a well planner and importing plans and creating new well paths has gotten easier as we get more familiar with it.
Also, the fact that we can see daily/hourly activities along with the BHA's they are using and their performance is a big plus.

Cons

We have only had minor issues with surveys not matching but the Drakewell staff is always ready to respond and take care of business fast.

Response from Drakewell

Rolando,

Thank you for taking time to review us and for the positive feedback!

- Drakewell

Nicholas D.

Consolidating drilling data is an issue

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

It’s been good so far but frustrating at times closing BHA’s and getting reports with clear data that my customers ask for.

Pros

Drop down menu options and invoicing interface

Cons

When I’m trying to get circulating hours or drilling hours for my current BHA it is difficult to get them and there is no motor report option to use until the BHA is closed out.

There is no good option at all to track inventory on location to my knowledge.

I’m just learning your program so perhaps I’m missing something but compiling drilling data is too difficult. The daily reporting and survey programs do their job but the survey program could use a lot more options and better plot data.
Also it would be very beneficial to be able to use the program offline if internet connection is an issue on location which still happens often out there.

When closing out a BHA it sometimes does not highlight what is wrong with the information causing the program to deny me from saving it and also the but grading box is way to constricted to properly convey bit condition.

Response from Drakewell

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback. We will reach out to you directly as we want to dive deeper into each of the items you mentioned and address them one by one.

- The Drakewell Team

Robert S.

I have used Drakewell for about a month now.

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

Pros

I like the choices of current activities to chose from. Having software that everyone can look at with a username and password is great for information sharing. When emailing reports sometimes people don't get the email, or a new name is forgotten on a distribution list.

Cons

Their isn't a page that I can update MWD tool usage hours. It would help also if their was a spot to mark when the MWD tool went in the hole and when it came out. That way you can track downhole hours and circulating hours seamlessly.

Response from Drakewell

Hi Robert,

Thanks for reviewing us!

Regarding MWD tool usage hours and BHA In/Out, these are actually very easy to update. Check out our User Guides at help.drakewell.us. We will reach out to NZone and ensure you get some additional Drakewell training!

Jermaine H.

Drakewell has been very easy to use. Every tab and function on the site is very self...

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

Pros

The 3D plot feature and the how you are able to see and utilize the Anti-Collision feature. The third feature for me would be the projections to the bit.

Response from Drakewell

Jermaine,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us!

Cory S.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

To slow for the internet speed in the field

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

None. It slows me down and makes me work after my shift to catch up on entries.

Pros

Report files look ok. Can access from anywhere.

Cons

Too slow, needs internet to run. Not a big fan of the way things are laid out.

Response from Drakewell

Cory,

Welcome to Drakewell! Thank you for taking your time to give us feedback.

One of the best things about Drakewell is that you can run it from your phone. Anywhere you have the ability to make a phone call or check your email from, you should be able to use Drakewell from as well. That being said, we are aware that some rig locations may have poor service which can inhibit seamless utilization of Drakewell in real time. Offline is expected to be deployed to the field within a few months.

We will reach out to you directly to see if we can understand what you're experiencing or provide you with additional training. Typically, Drakewell alleviates the additional time at the end of a shift for paperwork.

Mickey B.

Good one stop shop for basic information and communication between field and office

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

Pros

Drakewell is a fast platform on both mobile devices and PCs. I can easily navigate on my phone too.

Cons

I am not a big fan of the layout and the way different sections do and do not work together. There is a lot of redundancy which I think could be eliminated.

Response from Drakewell

Hi Mickey,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We will reach out to you directly to understand a bit more about the redundancy and layout. Everyone's configuration is different, so there may be some features Aim is not utilizing.

Cheers,

Kodey H.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

It was great

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

I just liked the program all except keeping track of the rigs operations

Pros

The software is easy to you especially for someone starting out. It gives you everything you need all in the program

Cons

Having to keep track of everything the rig is doing

Response from Drakewell

Hi Kodey,

Thank you for reviewing us! We apologize if you have had a less-than-helpful experience with our customer support. This is good feedback that we take seriously and will work to improve upon in any way that we can!

- The Drakewell Team

Cody T.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

I like the software a lot... I knew absolutely nothing about it but was able to figure it out...

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

User friendliness, portability of the network. No glitches. All in all not a bad program at all... especially for the older guys.

Cons

Intent based software can be a bit of an issue at times. Anyone can access a job and mess things up.

Response from Drakewell

Hi Cody!

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We work very hard to ensure that the system makes your life easier.

I see you rated us 3/5 on customer support. This is an experience we'd like to address so will reach out to you directly.

Thanks!

Josh D.

Drakewell could be a great bit of software.

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

Using Drakewell allows me to keep my job, thus providing me with sufficient funds to feed my family.

Pros

Its better than winserve, mostly. Forcing a person to type a minimum number of characters while asking for positive statements is like farming for like on social media. Pointless.

Cons

Its an internet based software, in a business that operates in places where internet serviced is awful. The lowest level of clearance is so basic, it's more tedious than winserve, and the requirement for all fields to be filled in on a BHA before one can save is ridiculous. That makes it impossible to try and get ahead on finishing up a BHA. Not being able to, on the field hand level, transfer BHA from one job to the next is a big hiccup also.

Response from Drakewell

Hi Josh,

Thanks for taking the time to review us!

We are working on ways to make offline sync happen for you. In the mean time, Drakewell does work on any mobile device or hotspot if you don't have internet but can get a bit of cell service.

Additionally, we don't allow BHA's to transfer from job to job, BUT we do easily allow the shipment of tools from job to job. We can update Aim's configuration to make this happen, but we'll need permission from your company to do so. Please raise this issue with your coordinator if it's something that would really benefit you!

Mark F.

great use it everyday

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

Pros

combines several other software that is needed into one software. Combines inventory tracking, motor and MWD rebuild tracking, rig daily reporting and some sales aids and administrative reporting. 3d well design helps at the filed level understand what the well is doing. Also very easy to use and implement. Also like the feature of "Roles" so everyone can see there work but don't have to see what everyone is doing to make the software work. Also like that it works on any device, computer, laptop, tablet or smart phone.

Cons

Not being able use it offline. needs the ability at some rigs that don't have internet to still use the software.

Response from Drakewell

Hi Mark,

Thank you very much for taking time to review us!

We will keep working to continue to improve the platform and its availability during times of poor connectivity.

Very simple to use

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Pros

Easy to learn.
Easy to use.
Easy to setup.

Cons

Very basic when it comes to doing projections
It is time based so I am not sure how you would insert a survey if you had to take it on the next trip
There doesn't appear to be any offline mode should your internet connection go out
There is basic summery information like AFE that can't be entered in the field.
When you make an entry in the "Directional" tab there is annoying date box that pops up. After the very first entry there is no reason to ever enter the date as it carries over. The box blocks the actual information you want to see or enter so you have to click elsewhere to get rid of the box. VERY annoying..

Response from Drakewell

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are glad that you have found Drakewell overall easy to interact with.

On the date box-we designed this so that any user could simply tab through the cells on a survey, slide, or rotate instead of having to click inside a specific cell to enter data. As if Drakewell is ready for you to start typing right away!

Additionally, offline will be out soon! One other thing to consider in the mean time is that Drakewell works on cellular data as well, so any mobile device with connectivity can run it.

Thank you again!

The Drakewell Team

Tim W.

Little challenging to get started but works good once you get used to it.

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Pros

The reports are easy to get to, rather you want it in pdf or excel its simple to get. The performance feature is really cool to keep up with how different motors and bits drill in sections. Real easy to help make a decision on the next well when you know what bit works best.

Cons

The assets section needs some updating. A lot of times a company will want a BHA and some of your subs you cant get a ID or OD off of because of the way they are in the basket. If you put the length in to get the client a BHA, you can not come back and add anything else without erasing all that you have in there all ready. Also when you ship tools from the job you are on to a different job, you have to go back in and click the strap sheet to make it show up. I feel like this should carry over without the user having to go through all that again.

Response from Drakewell

Hi Tim,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We know that it is definitely a different system from others on the market.

Regarding the assets section, there may be some configuration changes we can make that would address what you are experiencing with the strapping work orders. Drakewell's configuration layer is very robust and flexible.

John O.

Drakewell has been very intuitive and easy to learn.

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

Pros

I like the fact that it has all my data in one spot. There is no switching back and forth between programs.

Cons

The biggest drawback to me is the fact that it is cloud based. We have not had any problems as long as we have good internet service.

Response from Drakewell

John,

Thank you for taking the time to review! We love five stars and will continue to improve the platform so we can continue to earn those from users like yourself.

Newbie

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

Pros

It is pretty straightforward and easy to find what you are looking for. Being brand new to the industry, I was hesitant to jump right in on the platform but it is intuitive and easy to learn.

Cons

I mostly use to verify information and it would be nice to switch between jobs easier, or maybe I just don't know the program well enough yet.

Response from Drakewell

Welcome, Newbie!

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Each URL in Drakewell is unique. You can have multiple jobs open in different browser tabs at the same time - this will help you switch between jobs in a more seamless way.

If you still have questions about the ease of navigating in Drakewell, check out our YouTube channel or email [email protected]

- The Drakewell Team

Patrick R.

I am a well planner so I input plans and offsets

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Pros

I like that the guys in the field can visually see what they are doing with plots. I like that i can import the plans from text files.

Cons

I do not like that on pad wells i have to import the same offset wells each time and then i have to update the finished well's surveys before the next well starts. I do not like having to look up the vertical section azimuth of each offset well. I do not like having to name the exact well i want to delete it.

Response from Drakewell

Hi Patrick,

First thank you for taking the time to give us feedback! We work very hard to make sure Drakewell is easy to use for all of the stakeholders.

We are currently looking at ways to make it easier to pull in "as-drilled" wells from other jobs in Drakewell as offsets for a new well.

Regarding having to name the well path before you delete it--this is by design--and was actually a recent update. We had many drillers deleting entire survey records when we simply asked "Are you sure you want to delete this well path?", so we had to put a higher level of protection in place.

Thank you for being highly likely to recommend us! We will keep working hard to make your job as a well planner easier.

- Drakewell

Calvin W.

Drakewell Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Pros

Drakewell allows customers ease of access with well information.

Cons

Survey retention needs to be updated.

Response from Drakewell

Hi Calvin,

Thank you for the great review! We will reach out to you directly to understand what you mean by "survey retention" in greater detail.

- The Drakewell Team

Bobby H.

DrakeWell Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Its internet based and i can utilize any computer to provide real time solutions.

Pros

Going green. Less hard copies to send in at the end of well.

Cons

Not being able to copy BHA's from well to the next and so on with multi well pads.

I would like to copy and paste in a BHA and use as a template changing minor details.

Response from Drakewell

Bobby,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Copying a BHA from well to well is something many have inquired about and we are looking into.

Thank you!

Toby K.

Works great so far

Reviewed on 2019/03/30

SO far I like it. Has been a great program.

Pros

Fairly easy to operate. Easy to edit components, And enter daily activity.

Cons

There is no tab on top after being in the (Motor strap) window, having to back page