AccuLynx

4,6
Andy P.

Solid CRM

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Pros

Functionality
Ordering
Estimates
Tracking of customers

Cons

Inability to add pictures/ reports to contract worksheet

Sheena P.

Long Term Success and Scaleability

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

takes quite a bit of time to setup. but once you have it setup, it makes every task more efficient and accurate.

Pros

Once it is set up correctly the sky is the limit. It saves so much time when it is setup right that as one person i can turn out the work of four easily. it has checks and balances. every feature i was asking about has now been created, and implemented.

Cons

I wish there was a way to remove OR EDIT the standard AccuLynx material and labor items. They cause a lot of issues. They are not useful or helpful. If they were removed from my library and system the templates and estimates would be flawless. if i am searching for an item and it finds the AccuLynx item then it is not linked to anything it doesn't have a price and it has to be changed. it is frustrating.

there needs to be a way to forward an email from AccuLynx that was sent thru AccuLynx.

Response from Exact Logix

Hi Sheena - We're glad that AccuLynx is saving you time and increasing your productivity! We also hear your concerns about editing the standard material and labor templates and are passing your feedback onto our product team. Thanks for being an AccuLynx customer and for leaving a review!

Caleb J.
Industry: Construction

Becoming a slick system but also is less customizable every year

Reviewed on 2017/04/19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It's a good program if you only price on a markup basis and if you have very little labor line items and are in the US.

Pros

Can access anywhere.
Clean and visually easy to find the information you need on a screen (compared to many other programs)
Now able to control how measurement numbers are used to generate material and labor quantities. (used to be a limited feature)
Eagle views can be imported directly into estimates and orders.
Estimates can transfer directly to orders.
Some control of file workflow
Some ability to group multiple jobs under one homeowner.
Can create estimate off of mobile device.
If you are a US company there is integration available with Major suppliers.
Support is quick to get to problems.

Cons

The longer we stay with the program the less control we have over the way estimates, orders, and jobs are handled.
New updates have made having a standard price list practically impossible within the program. By this I mean they are pushing for all quotes to be based on cost and Margin. This causes problems when there are agreed or dictated rates for work with insurance companies and contractors. Some manual over-ride of cost to state the preferred charge per unit is available but this causes job cost breakdown further down the line with the order process.
Emails directly from the program are possible but are unreliable. Easily one third of the recipients will have the acculynx email end up in a spam filter and quotes are easily missed until an owner adds us to a safe list. This problem doesn't exist when emailing from our regular gmail. Any change in email subject line while replying will cause the email to be lost by acculynx.
Despite being able to indicate who the primary owner and the sales owner are on a job, generating a sales report allocates all sales to the person listed as the sales owner. Should you have a production manager who would take on the job as primary owner the sales rep will no longer show this job as credited towards their sales. Effectively making either the sales or primary owner categories useless and sales reports inaccurate.
Recent program changes have removed the ability to have labor and material applied to one item. They must now be show separate. Their assumption is that only one or two labor items will be used for a roofing job, siding job, etc. If you have labor rates for underlayments, accessories, flashings it becomes cumbersome to always ensure these items are added to every estimate and results in an overly wordy estimate.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Michael W.

Almost Perfect

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

Overall I am very pleased with AccuLynx. I do with that the Quickbook integration worked both ways. As in, if we enter an invoice or job in Quickbooks it synced over to AccuLynx. Right now it's the other way around and that really doesn't work for us.

Pros

I'm still learning all the features, but so far it has been extremely easy to pick up. I absolutely love the dashboard, especially the sales leaderboard. I've gotten into many arguments with our sales reps just trying to get them those numbers and now they can just look at them themselves.

Cons

I don't like that we can't import data from Quickbooks. We enter all of our jobs in quickbooks first so it would be nice if it was a two way street on that. In order to use this feature we would have to completely change how we do jobs/invoices and right now that just isn't an option.

Another problem I've had is that we do a lot of work with property managements, HOAs, and contractors. Most of whom we have multiple jobs assigned to. Right now it is extremely difficult to setup a contact that has multiple jobs in it. I believe that a fix for this is in the works from what I saw in the suggestions & feedback section.

This is just a feature I'd like, but it would be really nice if AccuLynx integrated with CompanyCam. We switched over from Job Nimbus and it was really nice that any pictures our guys took out in the field using CompanyCam, automatically uploaded to Job Nimbus. Now I have to go to the project in CompanyCam and download the pictures, then upload them to AccuLynx. I know our crew can just take pictures using AccuLynx, but our guys are special and we barely have gotten them to use CompanyCam.

Response from Exact Logix

Hi Michael - It's great to hear that your salespeople have been able to see their performance! We also hear your concerns regarding the QuickBooks integration and photo tools. We have a new photo update coming soon, so we urge you to stay tuned regarding upcoming changes! Thanks for leaving a review and for being an AccuLynx customer!

Janine R.
Industry: Consumer Services

GREAT Product!

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

This is the third company that I have worked with that has used Acculynx. Wonderful software. Very use friendly and easy to navigate. I would give this program a 10/10.

Pros

Very user friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

I wish that the accounting was all inclusive in the software and we would no longer require QuickBooks as well.

Response from Exact Logix

Hi Janine - Thank you for being an AccuLynx customer and for sharing your review! We're glad that you enjoy the easy to use aspects of our roofing software and we appreciate your feedback regarding the accounting features. We'll be sure to pass that along to our product team! Thanks again!

Kyla H.

Best Software for Roofing Companies

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

Great. Super easy to use and customer support will gladly help you figure out anything that you might be struggling with.

Pros

This is by far the best and easiest to use software for running a roofing company. It really helps you keep everything so organized and on schedule and with the ability to always quickly have everything you need. It has been critical to take business to the next level.

Cons

Really no complaints with this, some things may take longer to figure out how to fully take maximum advantage of but it really can do everything I need it to.

Response from Exact Logix

Hi Kyla - We're glad that AccuLynx has been an asset for running your roofing company! As you said, organization and scheduling are key in order to take your business to the next level. Thanks for leaving a review and for being an AccuLynx customer!

Harlan E.
Industry: Construction

Great program for Contractors and subcontractors

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

I have been working 2 plus years with Acculynx and it has done a fine job of keep our compnay abreast of the issues that face contractors. I will say I am nowhere near an expert in this software, but I learn something new every day!

Pros

I liked that for the most part, this software is intuitive.

Cons

There are so many bells and whitles that you can get lost in the minutiae of the program

Response from Exact Logix

Hi Harlan - Thanks for being an Acculynx customer and for leaving a review! We're glad that you find our software easy to navigate and that you've taken advantage of our awesome tech support team. Thanks again!

Dan H.

Great Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

I have been using AccuLynx for almost 3 years now and we love it. I could not imagine trying to run my roofing business without it!

Pros

Easy to use and very user friendly. I like how the system looks and puts everything in front of you to see on a daily basis. It makes it easier to plan my day.

Cons

At first they did not have the ability to do automated tasks. They have since implemented that which has made our jobs easier.

Response from Exact Logix

Hi Dan - Thanks for leaving a review of AccuLynx! We're glad that you're able to see everything you need in one place and have been able to utilize additional AccuLynx features that we've rolled out. Thanks for being an AccuLynx customer!

Keller H.
Industry: Construction

This CRM has more potential than any other that I have worked with and it is on the path to realize

Reviewed on 2020/11/03

Really great. Tons of opportunity for improvement but I have seen many things change in just the few months we have been on Acculynx so I fully expect it to keep getting better by the day. thx

Pros

We are a full service GC with a large roofing division. We are one of those companies that has morphed a roofing CRM to facilitate all of our product lines (bathrooms, kitchen, windows, entry doors etc) and it takes a lot of work on the front side but it has been worth it so far.

Cons

I wish you guys would work to make this CRM encompass more than just Roofing. You have so much more to offer if you would try to make the platform complicit with other product lines. I could go on with a million things for a wish list but at the end of the day I absolutely love the software and I expect it to get only better as the days pass. For reporting and tracking money it has no parallel.

Response from Exact Logix

Hi Keller - Thanks for leaving a review! We're glad you've been able to see how AccuLynx listens and adapts to the needs of our customers. We hear your feedback regarding your request to expand our software beyond the roofing industry and we're sharing this with our product team. Thanks for being an AccuLynx customer!

Stan R.

Review of Acculynx.

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

it's 85% of what we want. We want it to go to 95% so hopefully you listen to users suggestions.

Pros

It is fairly intuitive for newbees and easy to follow through the job progress. All of the features are good especially in the products catalog except when we want to have options like instead of " pieces" we would like to translate to "SQ" so that we order 12 sq instead of 12 sheets of plywood. This is a huge profit and yes the sales guy needs to pay attention and do the math but the option to switch to SQ would have saves our ass.

Cons

It would be nice to have the pricing automated like it did before Allied sold out. The other desire would be to have a place in the products catalog where we could pre-determine what was coming directly from our stock in the shop so that there would be 2 orders: 1 for supplier for delivery and 1 for the shop guys to load for the job. This would eliminate a ton of time and effort by office staff and shop guys from running around the yard. I also think that when this new reports program comes out it doesn't continually increase our costs every time there is an "improvement" in the program.

Brett M.

Summary of Acculynx, 1 month in

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

Production and work flow is becoming more fluid with Acculynx.

Pros

I like being able to view a file in its entirety. In addition, being able to upload docs, pics, etc while at the job site. I am still navigating through all of the options available. And the customer support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] scheduled training's to being able to reach support from the dashboard is huge for me. I am NOT tech savvy.

Cons

A few issues I was having include: photos would rotate and condense when I attempted to draw on them, only able to create 1 estimate in the system (will be addressing with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on next training) , and I would really like for the calendar / events to have the availability to scroll down (currently I have to shrink screen to 68% to see the save box) and this is also true when I submitted the idea through Acculynx, that window did not allow for scrolling.

Leanne S.

Great Software but Still Missing a Few Key Features

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

Overall, Acculynx has made a huge difference to our roofing company. We are able to more easily track our success with leads and keep everything organized. Even though there are still some features we would like to see, we are overall quite happy with it.

Pros

We love the lead pipeline and the ability to track exactly what is happening with a lead at any given point in time. It's super nice that all files and photos can be stored in Acculynx for each job. This helps us stay organized!

Cons

Acculynx is still missing a few features. For example: The calendar on Acculynx doesn't sync with the job files. You can't create an appointment w/a customer directly from the pipeline (after it's been entered as a lead--I know it can be entered when being added as a new lead). Even though the calendar does allow us to enter a job into it, the notes on the calendar don't go to the customer's file. This could cause problems if that info isn't transferred. In addition, the app doesn't give users access to the calendar. Since we use the calendar so much, this would be incredibly helpful. In addition: It would be nice if there was a dedicated field for referrals. We like to credit customers who give us referrals, and a fillable field for this would be great!

Amanda E.
Industry: Construction

Complete Business management tool at your fingertips

Reviewed on 2015/04/02
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Best CRM program for contractors by far, but it's much more than that! It's all at your fingers. Access from anywhere in the county where you can have a computer connected to the web. Love the integration with QuickBooks, which eliminated the multiple entries. Managing multiple locations all fluidly from Acculynx. All your reports and numbers are right there. Honestly, we operate everything through Acculynx and QB, and it's so smooth. Very easy to use. Department capabilities so office staff and sales reps view what you determine necessary. Our new hire got on for 5 min and messaged me to say, "Wow this program seems really user-friendly" if that says anything!

Cons

There is nothing I that least like! I think the program is awesome and a giant leap in the industry. We started with Acculynx back when it was still its first version. I can tell you that they are always trying to improve and make advancements anywhere they can. So be understanding if something in the system changes. I promise it's for the better! We all get used to using something one way and people seem to resist change. These improvements come from our feedback like this, and they are hearing it and implementing. Previously, the reps would push back if there was a software update, but then the "awwww" moment comes later in the day and they love the improvements. So definitely appreciate it!

Caleb S.
Industry: Construction

Really nice user experience.

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

Pros

It is a very intuitive and easy to navigate product. It is easy to learn and very professional looking. The estimate templates really make things easier and faster. I like the price integration with ABC.

Cons

The lack of company cam integration is so frustrating. The photo app in acculynx is not even close to as useful, and I just wish it would let me integrate. The email system is also clunky and not very professional. I don't really like sending emails through acculynx because it is so hard to use. I end up downloading documents to my computer and emailing them with gmail. Basically when I am inside acculynx I love it, but when it has to interact with something else, I find myself frustrated.

Response from Exact Logix

Hi Caleb - The ease of use, templates, and ABC integration are features that many of our customers love. We hear your feedback in regards to the photo app and email capabilities. We do have a product update coming out shortly that will address some of your key concerns. Thank you for being an AccuLynx customer and for leaving a review!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Pretty Decent Software

Reviewed on 2019/07/10

Good for sales, not as great for management and production. They are working hard to improve production side.

Pros

Ease of use, great customer support, tailored to my industry.

Cons

Limited custom options for production and ordering.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Leslie M.

A well-supported roofing-specific CRM that integrates well with Quickbooks

Reviewed on 2018/04/16

Being able to integrate all our CRM and project management functions into one software that also works with our accounting and time clock programs has been invaluable.

Pros

The fact that it's industry-specific means that the software works well for us without having to adjust our business processes to suit its native workflow. But they really have shined on the customer service side of things. They have always been so friendly and responsive any time we've needed help with anything, especially during the setup phase and when we were working on a 3-way integration with two other 3rd party software programs. AccuLynx has truly streamlined our work and allows us to manage a large number of concurrent contracts with a level of detail and awareness we were unable to achieve before.

Cons

There's a definite learning curve to it. The functionality is robust - it just takes a while to learn what you need to use and what you don't and figure out where it's all located. It's not the most intuitive user interface I've ever used, but I recognize that it would also be pretty difficult to pack that much info into the more streamlined, simple UI styles that are becoming the preferred choice.

Shawnda M.

Accounting perspective

Reviewed on 2020/10/23

I like the program overall; some things just needs to be fixed so that it integrate better with QuickBooks and I won't have to do additional unnecessary work.

Pros

I like that it is user-friendly, has good reports, and you can communicate through it.

Cons

I wish it were more adaptable for each particular company (ability to change what things are called on the system and ability to choose what flows into the invoice). We had to get an additional license on QuickBooks for Web Connector to work properly, at a additional cost, which we were not anticipating. When invoices are synced from the Estimate, the title is pulled into the description instead of the details that the salesmen enter, which is useless, because then I have to type it all in. Also, I wish that email responses would come back into Acculynx so that full communication theads could be recorded there. Lastly, I wish that you could edit messages because when you have to write an additional message to correct errors, it leaves room for confusion and possibly more errors on the part of the reader.

Response from Exact Logix

Hi Shawnda - Thank you for sharing a review of AccuLynx. Many of our users enjoy the robust reporting features that you mentioned. We hear your feedback regarding the accounting features and QuickBooks integration and have passed that onto our product team. Thanks for being an AccuLynx customer!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Brad B.

Acculynx Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/10

I'm able to be more efficient allowing me to generate more business and keep my A+ rating with more customrs.

Pros

It's real time. You can create a file (Lead) the first time you meet someone whether it be standing at their front door, met in the coffee shop/restaurant, or on the phone. If the lead develops into a Prospect and you go to the residence and asses the damage you can take your pictures for documentation purposes and upload them to the file while sitting in front of the customers house. The office has all of the same information, including conversations noted in messages before the field rep. pulls away from the curb. It's a matter of if Acculynx is being used to it's full potential will you really see how efficient it can be.

Cons

It's very important that the pictures upload in the order in which they were taken so that anyone can look at the damage report and follow along by looking at the pictures in order with the report. When I upload pictures from my phone they go in random locations and make it difficult to follow along with the report.

Caleb J.

Established and Adapting

Reviewed on 2015/03/03

For roofing and siding specific software this is probably the oldest one out there. Especially when you look only at the web based platforms. There are many newer companies that are looking to take them on now though.

We made the switch to Acculynx 2 years ago. From the very beginning it has greatly increased the quality of information being retained from job start to finish and the interoffice comunication. There are a lot of certain things about it that we have small annoyances with but realistically they can't make a functional software that is both easy to use and perfect for everyone.

There are many times that this has saved our behinds by being able to access a back up of the original file documents and photos. No more going to find the paper file to get an answer. Or calling the estimator or crew and ask them to remember their visit from last month.

All photos and doucments and comments and emails can be run through the program and access from virtually any device at any time.
The message board has come in hand with some small claims as each comment is permanent and has a date stamp we can prove activity, attendance, and contact attempts should someone claim lack of due dillegance on our part.

That said. We have found their email service to be unreliable, It often ends up in spam filters and if the email address is wrong we won't receive a bounce back notice. And it doesn't comply with the new Anti spam laws (for canada). Instead we use our regular email service.

As an update on the previous comment. They have changed their 1800 number so it works for Canada now.

Also the features checklist isn't accurate here.
It can handle Billing and Invoicing, though it is more functional in conjunction with Quickbooks. (will integrate with quickbooks.)
It does do job scheduling, lead management, permit management, purchase orders, supplier management, task management, client communication,

One tip though. the initial transition can be rough to start. Whatever you think you will need for training and initial setup. Double it. We got 75% ready and then started using the program and most of our frustrations have been our own fault. Take the time to get it completely set up and run everyone through exactly how you want it used.

They are constantly up dating the program and some major changes are coming in the next year that will put them out front in the roofing software game again.

Jennifer F.

New user at Apex Roofing

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

We have now been ordering materials through the system and not on hand written papers. We have also been able to communicate better within our company using messages and task lists.

Pros

The functions that the software offers are very vast. Very easy to use. There are multiple layers and it is fun to explore and peel back the capabilities each week through our training calls with Dave.

Cons

No cons. Maybe just that we joined and then they offered other upgrades shortly after. I said something and they said they would give me the sale rate after we do our training.

Meghan B.

Great program for Roofing Contractors

Reviewed on 2017/07/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall an effective program and now I couldn't do this without Acculynx!

Pros

Able to keep an accurate record of communications with customers as well as supplies we have orders. We like that we can upload documents to the customer portal and share them with all staff members even when the estimator is in the field.
Acculynx also tracks the phone calls that are made to the customer from the mobile app and tracks all email communications with customers which allows to ensure our staff are providing the proper attentention to the customer and it also allows me to pull the customers portal when a customer calls and says "I never heard from your staff" I can pull it up and even share it with the customer. I can also track orders and invoicing as well as payments.

Cons

The calendar is a flaw, if you have a lot of service personal (They are coded by different colors for each employee) there is a lot of colors! I wish they had an option that would allow you to create separate calendars, example: one calendar for repair crew and a separate one for estimators and instead of colors place them side by side. It gets overwhelming with a ton of colors

Sam R.

Pretty Sweet

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

Overall, I would say the software is pretty great. A few tweaks here and there and it could really be way above the rest.

Pros

The software as a whole has a pretty user-friendly set up. I think the dashboard is probably my favorite part personally because it just gives you a great snapshot of everything that is going on in real time. Any tab or screen you go to is very easy to figure out with just a few clicks.

Cons

So far, I think the thing I least like about this software is the way you handle a change order. I think a change order should have an extra tab on the Contract page within the job and there should be a way to track them and submit within the job. Also, the permit tracking I would say leaves a little to be desired. I think it should be a little more customizable, especially in regards to municipalities. For example, there could be a drop down to select where the permit is being pulled so that you can run reports and be able to plan your runs accordingly.

Response from Exact Logix

Hi Sam - Thanks for being an AccuLynx customer! We also love the "birds eye view" that the dashboard offers. We hear your concerns regarding change orders and permit tracking, and are sharing your feedback with our product team. Thanks again!

Elena W.
Industry: Construction

Designed with the Roofing Industry in Mind!

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

Overall, I'm fairly satisfied. It's nice to have the option to add-on features the the existing contract, depending on need.

Pros

AccuLynx has lots of great features. It is very easy to navigate. Setting up a new lead is simple. I really appreciate the company automations feature.

Cons

Currently, AccuLynx only integrates with QuickBooks. We are using a different accounting software, so double-entry is required unfortunately. Additionally, from a business development perspective, the tool is lacking. We had to also purchase a subscription to HubSpot for our business development team.

Response from Exact Logix

Hi Elena - We're glad that you're taking advantage of the automation features! We also hear your feedback regarding our QuickBooks integration and additional marketing capabilities. We're passing this feedback onto our product team. Thanks for being an AccuLynx customer!

Haley N.

This software is amazing

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

I used Acculynx daily for many years. I believe Acculynx's product development team truly listens to the feedback of their customers. Their support staff was amazing and I was always able to speak to someone when I wanted to. Sometimes I would call and ask "can I do this on Acculynx?" and they usually walked me through how to pull whatever information I wanted from them. This software is a true project management software, but can be used somewhat as a CRM.

Pros

After Acculynx overhauled their reporting feature at the end of 2017 (I think?) everything changed for me. Their custom reporting was incredible. The amount of programs they could integrate with was incredible. Acculynx was a complete 10/10 for me.

Cons

When using Acculynx, there were a few features I wish were a little more customize-able as far as field within a contract/registrant/lead. I also think the addition of a mass mail/CRM feature would truly set them over the edge to excellence.

Response from Exact Logix

Thank you so much for sharing your review Haley. We appreciate you being a customer!

Aislynn T.
Industry: Construction

Great CRM with a lot of connectivity

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

We are solving the issue of having to panic when customers from more than a few years ago call in for warranty work. With Acculynx, we are able to pull up past client info and see exactly when and where we sent all documents, ensuring that claims of misinformation are squashed immediately. In addition, the operations and finance departments are better able to see the big picture metrics in sales and job costs, to help to organize where additional resources are needed and where we can pull back.

Pros

i really like that the messages can be sent in-system or externally as email. The reporting feature has been very useful to our lead tracking and overall closure rates.

Cons

The emails we send to clients from in-system ALWAYS wind up in their junk mail because of that crazy extension on the email addresses. Also - when entering lead notes, the calendar and appointment features Auto-populate the customer info unnecessarily - when our field reps look at each appointment, they have to scroll and scroll past the customer info to get to the lead notes. We are now going back into appointments and having to alter to get the lead notes above the client info. It is double work.