Total Driving School Management Reviews

Total Driving School Management

Most widely used driving school software solution.

4.9/5 (14 reviews)
Pamela C.

Longtime User

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

Our Driving School has been using this software for 10 years. We were a little hesitant at the start, as none of us had strong tech skills and we were a little afraid of everything being in the "cloud." Also, the program had so many components that it was a little overwhelming at the beginning. But our concerns did not last long, as we found out that we could limit our use to one component at a time and keep adding to our usage as we became more comfortable. We can't imagine surviving without this software. Every employee in our school from the instructors to the master schedule controller to the bookkeeper use this one software program on a daily basis. It is the "central core" that keeps us all together, even though we live miles apart and do not connect at a central office on a daily basis.

Pros

Our team highly values that the software is all-inclusive and everything that we used to do totally on a paper schedule/log book is incorporated in the program. We like that is is Driving School Specific and not just a general appointment scheduling software. We appreciate that the software has "grown" over the years, responding to recommendations from the Driving School Industry.

Cons

There is not much to dislike! In the early years, it took a few days to receive a response to a question/concern. But now, it is apparent that this problem has been addressed, as the response time from the Support team is very fast.

Marcy M.

We have been using this software for 5+ years. We couldn't stay in business without it.

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Time savings, cost savings. Can use anywhere I have an Internet connection. Frees up time from our offices having to schedule over the phone and we can spend more time with prospective customers.

Pros

We used a scheduling only software at one time, but quickly outgrew it. Driving School Software was only slightly more cost but does so much more! We needed an all in one software in order to open additional locations and be able to run all locations from any office. We register, receive payment, track classroom hours, track BTW hours, track State Testing, and final underage Certification. All tracking keeps us compliant with State requirements. Scheduling students is FAST! Creating open appointments and changing them is a breeze. Looking up students and and using quickviews for a brief overview is a real time saver. Automated e-mails and sms, plus we can send single sms directly to student and/or parents.

Cons

Although it's fast, moving through different screens for student accounts, i.e., billing on one screen, enrollment on another, general information on another; can be cumbersome, but not a real Con, just could be better. The developers are addressing these issues at this time and we are eagerly looking forward to the enhancements.

Al kay G.

Have been using the program going on 3-years. Very easy to maneuver and great technical support.

Reviewed on 2018/07/20

Works good with my website. Calendar reminders, reports, managing accounts receivables and receipts, rosters, attendance and will be using drive time reports soon.
Ease of doing business is great!

Pros

The support team is what makes this software. They are right there to assist and make the adjustments to the needs of the driving school. I had left Danube for another vendor's software and found out I made a mistake. The other software was the same for every school customer they had and if I needed something specific for my school, it could not be done as it would affect the program for all their customers. Danube is not limited and I was back to Danube within 2-months. " You don't know what you've got until it is gone". I can generate the data for my state's specific reports, I can create excel spreadsheets and have fields that assist me with proactive marketing. Emailing customers is easy and sorting out what receipts came in for specific locations is vital when having to do gross receipts tax with different tax rates.

Cons

Gross receipts don't match up monthly with that of the merchant account because they don't have the same dates when taken into our school.

Veronica M.

We'd be lost without it!

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

Many upgrades have come about in the last few years to improve the features of the program. They have worked hard to make response time to issues quicker.

Pros

The fact that it is capable of doing a LOT of things for your business; it's multi-faceted and user-friendly. We've had this program since 2010 and we have experienced substantial growth in our business with the online enrollment portion of the program---it makes taking enrollment so much easier if you can get the client to enroll themselves.

Cons

I don't like the bookkeeping aspect of it; it needs to be developed more with accounting in mind, but then again, it's not accounting software---we use QuickBooks for that.
Also, it didn't come with a user manual when we first went with the company which was 11 years ago but they are developing it now. We were one of their first customers so at that time, the company was small.

William S.

Great software

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

You send executives an e mail and they respond very quickly.

Pros

Once you take the time to learn it it's so easy to use.
There's nothing this software can't do to help you
cut down on office man hours, paper, stamps.
no more arguing with parents and students over
no show, or late charges. the software will put the charge
into there account if they cancel with in 24 hours. even if they
don't cancel you can put the charge anyway. that's because students
make there own lessons on line. schedules very easy to control you
just print them out everyday and that's it. This software will make you'r school
run so much smother. you should not be without it.

Cons

It's not what i liked least about it. I'ts more that we live in a
{i wan't it right now world} you need to invest the time learning
about it, to get the most out of it.

Brock T.

Staff Support

Reviewed on 2019/06/19

this management tool allows us to be organized and intentional with our business and with our customers. It keeps track of all the details on the customers experience and allows us to go back and revisit specific notes. Great company to have on your team!

Pros

The software is very detailed and the company has already thought through many of the challenges we face in this business

Cons

thats a hard question because when I tell them something that I would like to do differently most of the time they can make that happen. If I was to say anything, the first look on the home page is that's its very busy and intimidating but once you get used to it, its great.

Robert A.

First rate Driving School scheduling software.

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

Ability to look out at our lead times, easily check on how classes are filling and assign individual instructors different territories as well as to overlap. Make last minute changes quickly and easily and instructors can see their schedule from home as well as just before they go out to drive. Track payments easily and be sure students are paid in full.

Pros

Easy of scheduling, on-line sign up and payments, very flexible to make changes in pricing and to add classes. Fair cost. Program open time slot several months out with one transaction.

Cons

Inability to schedule Observations on line through the student portal.

Graig M.

Danube Reveiw

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

I have been running an auto school for well over a decade. The convenience, and ease of the Danube system has made my life SO MUCH EASIER! I would endorse this system to any auto school owner/manager looking to streamline operations.

Pros

The online scheduling for road and class time has taken hours of work time off of my office staff. At the same time provided a convenient scheduling option for our customers. The RMV reporting system is a game changer! Talk about saving hours of work time!!!! Great customer service and technical support as well!

Cons

I have not run across many negative aspects to the program. As with any system, nothing is 100% perfect. But nothing jumps out as specific ongoing issue.

Tina N.

Saved our business!!!

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

Total Driving School Software literally saved our driving school! I don't know what we would do without it. I can't say enough good things. The training was great, the program is easy to use, our website it beautiful, the tips and advise was so welcome and helpful, the customer service is fantastic! Worth every penny! Thank you, Thank you!

Pros

The ease of use and partial customization and customer support. Anatolij and his staff are amazing and easy to communicate with!

Cons

There was a few instances I wish the program could have been customized to our specific need but could not. But nothing will ever be completely perfect. I am very happy with Total Driving School Management.

Good

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Pros

It was easy to use when scheduling lessons.

Cons

It took a lot of time making new packages and fixing packages in the system.

5.0/10
Kd S.

Owner

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

All Positive!

Pros

This software is a great all-in-one and one stop portal, that has everything I could ask for. Online Scheduling, Online Payment, Office & employees management is incredible. Customer service is awesome!

Thank you for making life so much easier 👌🏽👍🏽

Cons

I Have No complaints whatsoever! I ate one of the most computer dumb people, but this software makes me feel tech smart.

Jeff M.

Wonderful software which they will adapt for your company's needs.

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

Pros

You can generate detailed data reports so you can better manage your students. If you need something added to the system all you need to do is submit a request and if it is possible, they create a program for you! Just fantastic.

Cons

They have thought of most everything so there isn't much to complain about! All good on our end. Really.

Bob O.

Perfect for our Driver Ed School!

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

This software has allowed us to manage all of our students and give students The option of scheduling their own appointments online. We have already taken advantage of the plethora of reports available to help us increase our sales, and most of all they have excellent customer service! The training was quick and easy, but whenever we have a question Anatolij and his team are super quick to respond to our needs!

Pros

Self scheduling for our student drivers.
Great customer service.

Cons

We have implemented this system at the beginning of the year and we have yet to have any complaints. CSR is open to any suggestions that we have to Improve their product, which I really value.

This was an easy to use and efficient means of tracking my progress

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/09/10
Review Source

Pros

As a driving student using this easy-to-use software it greatly helped my instructors keep tabs on my progress.

Cons

I feel like the main menu's layout could have been more intuitive in regards to what tabs need to be accessed most frequently.