Square Takeoff

4,4
4,4
4,7
Industry: Construction

Drastic increase in accuracy of takeoff and estimation

Reviewed on 2018/08/09

The software ensures the users get the most accurate estimate for construction projects. It is cutting edge software that meets our takeoff and construction requirements in clinical detail.

Pros

• cloud-based tool for contractors of all business sizes in all trades
• execute your own takeoffs within the program
• determine the quantity and type of materials required for a project
• customize reports according to location, part number, phase, assembly, load, etc.
• quick integration with Google Maps

Cons

• Integration with accounts software still under development

Matthew M.
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Outstanding Product and Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/06/15

Makes me and my team more accurate everyday by allow us to generate better estimates for the top builders in the construction industry.

Pros

As one of the largest lumber retail companies in the industry, we always work to stay up with new technology trends to ensure we provide our clients with the most accurate estimate for their construction projects. We were looking for a leader in the industry that could provide us with a stable software that would be able to meet our daily demands. The software and the Team at Square Takeoff have went above and beyond meeting every need and has helped us acheive the goals we have set forth as a company. Keep up the great work.

Cons

Nothing yet. Currently the product meets our needs and if we need a feature they are fast to add it.

Response from Square Takeoff

Thanks Matt. It has been an honor to work with you and the 84 Lumber Company. We look forward to continue to assist you and your customers with your estimating needs.

Ariana T.

Square off take off

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/10/17

Pros

This software was decent to function for small projects.

Cons

The price is a bit up there for not offering as much as others.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Mark H.

Simple But Powerful

Reviewed on 2016/07/11

Started using the product a few weeks ago after years of using a competitors product. Only reason for the switch was I upgraded to an iPad PRO for work and my other solution didn't work. I was skeptical at first about using a cloud takeoff solution and was worried that it would be slow. To my surprise it actually works faster than my desktop software. Overall it has a similar feel to my desktop product but worked on my MAC and iPad PRO. Customer service was great and helped me out with a few questions I had. Price was good and the sales rep even saved me more on my monthly subscription. Overall I give them two thumbs up.

Pros

Cloud based.
Easy share feature.
Easy to manage bids.
Good price.
Operates like a desktop solution.
Note feature with attachments.

Cons

Missing some features of my desktop software. But spoke to them and they said development would work on them and have already launched one of those features.

Response from Square Takeoff

Thank you Mark. It has been great working with you and your company.

Justin T.

Takeoffs made easy

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Uploading plans is super easy. Then you just put in your scale and you are on the path to getting all dimensions. It really comes in handy when we are bidding multiple aspects of a build.

Pros

We like that we no longer have to do any manual calculations when bidding a job. We just put in the plant and point and click our way to accurate numbers.

Cons

The user interface could use some refinement. Finding exactly what you are looking for can take a bit too long if you are not a daily user.

Response from Square Takeoff

Thank Justin for your review. We are open to discuss any ideas you have that will make the program better for you and all of our other users.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Kenneth W.
Company size: Self Employed

Nutshell

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

Still haven't got the full hundred percent hang of it but once I do my competitors better look out

Pros

The ability to bust through estimates that would have taken out hours if not days in less than an hour

Cons

Getting familiarized with it slash getting my head in it

Zohair H.
Industry: Construction

Great tool for performing quantity takefoff for residential projects.

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/09/27

Pros

Very user friendly and easy to learn. Ideal for 2D sheets. Can add building materials like titles, shingles, carpet, etc. Good tool for preparing quick bids.

Cons

Does not integrate with BIM softwares or 3D models.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10