Flightdocs

Complete aircraft maintenance management solutions

4,6
4,5
4,4
4,4
4,8

Great maintenance tracking software

Reviewed on 2019/01/12

Flightdocs is a cost effective solution to our customers maintenance tracking needs. I have used them over the years and really enjoy everything they have been able to provide. Their customer service is top notch and available 24/7 by phone or email. Being on the west coast, this is important to us as most vendors close hours before we cease operations for the day. They also provide unlimited training sessions which was very helpful when I was learning the software. Overall, I believe they have a great team and highly recommend them to anyone.

Pros

The ease of use
Only one version the whole company uses
Easy to read format and clean appearance
Inventory platform which can be charged to work orders
Invoicing capabilities
Very up to date mobile app

Cons

I do wish they added a next due time on the due list without having to click on each specific task

Response from Flightdocs

Hello and thank you for your feedback! We do actually have the Next Due viewable from the Due list area as part of the quick info available at a glance. If you're looking at the due list via the computer and a web browser, it is the third column from the right. At the far right is the "Status" column, to the left of that is "Remaining", and then left of that is the "Next Due" column. This shows the current due date on the task and will update once compliance is added if there is a recurring requirement. We have someone available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you find anything you may be looking for. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any questions!

Wyatt R.

PACK LEADER

Reviewed on 2020/02/21

My overall experience with Flightdocs has been great since day one. They always listen and always go the extra mile to ensure any issue is resolved. I also can’t recall any company that answers there phone so quickly; It seems as if they pick up before I hear a ring most the time.
In recent months I called them with a huge challenge we are having regarding an improvement we wanted to initiate. This initiative is eliminating an outdated system which tracks our labor and parts. The only reason we were using it was due to the fact it talked with our financing software. When Flightdocs heard this, they were out at our site numerous times scoping out the process working in detail with each department to develop a system for us. From the start they have exceeded my expectations. When thinking back to all the major projects I have been on in the last several years not one company has excelled at coming through as they have: while also being true through the whole process. They will shoot you straight and never steer you in the wrong direction. They don’t promise anything they can’t deliver or do.
Outstanding keep up the good work.

Pros

Software is not only easy to learn and use but the platform is clean and has a consistent structure that repeats itself throughout. And what really stands out are 2 major facts which is they are continually improving it with input from the user and their customer support is top notch. Other companies should be looking at them to improve their service.

Cons

It doesn’t come with free socks! First time in a while I have found myself stumped on finding something that they could improve on.

Tatiana R.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2020/11/16

Pros

The best part about using Flightdocs has been the amazing support and customer service they offer. We have been using the system for personnel and aircraft scheduling, manly in relation to training. This is sort of new ground for Flightdocs since they manly focus on aircraft maintenance, so there have been a few bugs (to be expected with something new). But any time I've had an issue and I call, I always talk to a live person and they always have the most amazing attitude. Problems are solved quickly and efficiently which allow me to continue on with my workday.

Cons

There's just some growing pains with the new processes, but that is to be expected and we are transitioning out of it.

Dawn K.
Industry: Airlines/Aviation

My experience in using a MXT system is 4 yrs working for CAMP Sys, 1 1/2 yrs working w/FD

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

It assists with what the software was built to do, keep track of maintenance and what is coming due, however, with Flightdocs analysis or releases, the audit of the system is a daily.

Pros

There is not much I like most about this software. The software is simple set-up and user friendly. I like the ability to export information on .xls spreadsheet.

Cons

It is difficult to quickly do an update, i.e. revision. It seems if there was a template of a basic aircraft build, the aircraft would be consistent. The software is perfect for a part 91 operator, not a 135 operator. The reporting is not robust enough.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Megan J.
Industry: Higher Education

Good Software Overall

Reviewed on 2020/08/29

My overall experience with Flightdocs has been great!

Pros

What I like most about Flightdocs is that it's easy to see and understand the priority display of the maintenance information center. It's super helpful.

Cons

What I like least about the software is as a beginner, it's pretty hard to navigate. Teaching people who are unfamiliar with the software takes a lot of time.

Response from Flightdocs

Thanks so much for the feedback! Please note that our support center is open 24/7/365 and our staff is standing by to answer any questions you may have. We also have our navigational aid feature - Fd | Assist. It can be accessed through the question mark on the bottom right of the screen. Simply click the question mark and type in your question to find answers, walkthroughs, and videos to assist you further.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Joe M.

Flightdocs works for us

Reviewed on 2020/01/08

Pros

Ease of use, accessibility, use of multiple devices to access, constant improvement

Cons

Some minor inconsistencies in search filters and labels between features of the system. System currently lacks an electronic work turnover function for maintenance items and non routines. I would hope to see features in the future that directly address the needs of our FAA part 145 repair station to manage back shop component repairs

Chris R.
Industry: Banking
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Best Maintenance Planning Program on the Market

Reviewed on 2020/05/11

We were seeking a way to let our pilots know the state of the aircraft they were taking on a trip. The dashboard feature allows pilots and maintainers to quickly assess the airworthiness of each airplane in our fleet. We are able to very easily track recurring discrepancies which is important. Our inventory is all in one place and I can produce reports for senior management very quickly. The work order feature is phenominal, I can easily ascertain what percentage of work we have completed on any project.

Pros

Flightdocs covers every aspect of maintenance planning. I have used various different programs over the years and Flightdocs is the best so far. It feels like somebody has finally read my wish list of everything a program could/should do and made it a reality. Flightdocs seamlessly marries my inventory, maintenance planning, and workflow into one program. It is also the best communication tool for my maintenance staff and the pilots.

Cons

There was a learning curve, as there always is but it was not as bad as other programs I have used. We occasionally find an item that has the wrong tolerance or due date but that is easily fixed with one phone call to Flightdocs.

Adam D.

Best Value and Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/05/11

100% Satisfied and a great system.

Pros

Flightdocs is so easy to use and accurate. The Customer Service is awesome. The cost is right where it should be and a great value.

Cons

I wish I could use the WO process for aircraft not enrolled.

Jon E.
Industry: Commercial Real Estate

WEYCO HELICOPTERS

Reviewed on 2020/05/08

Over all experience has been a positive one. I really like the ability to call with a question, have a real person answer the phone and have the issue resolved quickly. (With just that one phone call)

Pros

The software is relatively easy to use. At first we were just using the aircraft total time tor tracking our components till we discovered we can create P.O's, shipping orders and repair orders just to name a few. Being able to install and track items installed on the machines turned out to be a huge help. We have pretty much gone paperless thanks to Flightdocs.

Cons

When I took over my new position I was told by my lead mechanic (retired) that there was no way or a program that would track the RIN count on our Bell 212 helicopters Mast and Trunnion. I still don't know if this is true, but we would sure like to know.

Chad T.

Control and Flexibility backed with Amazing Support

Reviewed on 2020/02/17

Fantastic product with great customer support.

Pros

Easy to use, revise, customize, and train. Very easy to navigate and add compliance, revise, or edit tasks. I love the ease of use along with the amazing customer support. Other vendors make it so hard to control your own aircraft. With FlightDocs you have the freedom and flexibility to make it fit the way you do business, with the comfort of knowing you are backed by an amazing customer service and management team.

Cons

To be honest, my critiques are so small and nit picky, they are not even worth mentioning. This team really has put together a great product.

Brad O.

Been a great company to work with. Online platform is easy to use and people are great.

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

The Enterprise platform has been easy to use. For the most part it is intuitive and easy to find what you are looking for with only a few clicks. Signing off maintenance items is very straight forward and adding them to a logbook entry is a seamless process. Really like the Work Order function as it helps us to plan out our next maintenance events and capture all necessary items in one spot as well as sign them off in a group. The functionality across platforms (ie. PC, iPad, iPhone) really adds another level of ease of use. Adding attachments is a breeze. The ability to track history on components is also a big plus and is easy to access. Print outs are clean and organized and give you many options as to what variables you may want to include in a maintenance card or logbook. Another great part about the software is that it continues to be improved both from a functionality and features stand point based on customer feedback and industry demands. The Maintenance Information Center is also a great way to quickly see what's coming due.
Apart from the software itself though I have to mention the staff. You can always get someone when you call in and you don't have to go through a phone tree to get there! They've been very easy to work with and not only take care of any issues we have, but also get them done quickly and accurately. They listen to customer comments on needed improvements and make changes as appropriate. They've been a pleasure to work with.

Cons

When signing off individual maintenance tasks in a work order before the entire work order is done, there isn't an easy way to put the same compliance date on all tasks once you go to sign off the entire work order. Consequently if you have a work order that takes you a week and you sign off tasks each day there will be 5 different dates on the tasks unless you go back and revise each task to reflect the final day of sign off. So far the new checklist feature doesn't allow you to have a recurring checklist. Each time you want to do the same checklist (ie. a post flight) you have to create a new one from a saved template. No way to assign a Purchase Order to a specific aircraft.

Shonna F.
Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Customer service is wonderful!

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

I am forever grateful for the help I receive from the Customer Service employees they have. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is absolutely one of the kindest ladies Ive ever met! She never makes me feel like I am "bugging" her and always gives her best advice and help! SHE IS MY SAVING GRACE!!!

Pros

The easier way to keep track of live timing!

Cons

It was a pretty hard switch from what we are used to. Not enough specific training on certain things.

Response from Flightdocs

Hi Shonna. Thanks for the feedback! If you have any questions on system usage please don't hesitate to contact us at 1-800-747-4560. We are available 24/7/365. We've recently launched Fd | Assist to empower our users within our platform with step-by-step instructions and videos to help you and your team maximize the use of our platform. We are also more than happy to schedule a web-based training session with you at any time to cover any aspects of the system you would like. We are eager to assist!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Ed D.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Outstanding product and customer service

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

Pros

The software is simple, user friendly, and efficient. I this industry, time and organization is crucial to running a safe flight department. The customer service from this company is better than any company in the industry. When you call, a live support agent answers the phone and is likely capable of solving your problem right in the moment. It's very rare that a second call or additional person is needed to solve a problem.

Cons

very little to dislike about the software but there are always improvements that can be made. Such as integration for flight scheduling that would be competitive with BART Scheduling software.

Bob E.
Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Flightdocs keeps us in Flight!

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Fantastic experience overall! There's no need to go anywhere else.

Pros

Easy to navigate through the entire site. Color coding of maintenance blocks help to identify immediate attention. Inventory is a snap to track all of my parts in the warehouse or out being repaired. As an administrator I'm able to make changes in the program without having to always call for customer support. This saves me time and hassle. If I need help, Flightdocs customer service always picks up by the second ring and helps me when I'm on the line to correct an issue. Flightdocs is improving their product by listening to the industry. I've often made suggestions to add or change the software for our operation in hopes that it will also help other operators.

Cons

I wish that there was a section of the program where I could load all of my operating manuals and have them accessed through the App or at a desktop. We currently use another product for this which works great but I have to pay two software companies.

Christopher A.

Excellent Platform

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

Overall, I am very pleased with the Flightdocs platform. Most impressive is the staff. They are more than helpful whenever you have questions or concerns, and they are extremely quick with response times.

Pros

It is very user friendly. We are able to use one program to handle all of our maintenance functions, logistics/inventory functions, and soon-to-be operations functions. Customer service is true to its name. I have never gotten anything but a human being on the other end when I call. The staff is very polite, friendly, and knowledgeable about their product.

Cons

When unscheduled maintenance that has been signed is put onto a logbook entry, the system drops the Return to Service statement. This forces you to edit the entry, losing the signature. Every unscheduled maintenance (Non-Routine) entry that goes onto a logbook will require you to ask the technician and inspector to sign their work off twice. It is VERY frustrating. This has been an ongoing issue for over a year now that Flightdocs has not been able to solve. I sincerely hope they can find a solution to this problem very soon.

Gustave L.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Terrific Product

Reviewed on 2019/06/03

Flightdocs has been an excellent transition. It was easy for myself to learn the software and navigate the apps and site. The maintenance tracking, editing and customizing has made us more efficient and allowed us to be better prepared going forward.
With that said, what has pleased us the most is the customer service. I know when I call I will be speaking with someone within two rings, at any hour of the day and that individual will be able to answer my questions or help with an issue.

Pros

The software is very fluid and easy to navigate. The layout and design is very appealing and focuses my attention to key areas in maintaining our fleet.

Cons

- The colored boxes are terrific. However, I do need to remind myself at times to check the actual due list when forecasting maintenance.

- I've also recently realized how it could be beneficial to have more capabilities with the iPhone app. Specifically, being able to view logbook entries.

Jhohan R.

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

GREAT!

Pros

I loved the fact that when I contacted FlightDocs technical support, someone picked up after 3 rings. The person who picked up the phone asked me the right questions to see if she can resolve my problem or if she need it to create a tech support ticket. The after hour support was great. SHe was driving home and she said she would call me in 20 minutes, she actually called me in 20 minutes. My FlightDocs issue was looked at and issues was resolved before next business days.

Cons

Hard to work with both FlightDocs and Rockwell Collins. Maybe someone can be trained for Rockwell Collins support "FOS"

Andrew K.

LOVE working with FlightDocs. Easy and user friendly!

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

I love the customer support. Fast responses to concerns and questions answered quickly. By far the best around.

Cons

I can't print out a blank task card. It's difficult to narrow down a search between aircraft in your fleet when opening the program.

Response from Flightdocs

Hi Andrew,
We're glad to see you're happy with our customer service and thank you for the 5-star review!
You're currently able to print a blank task card, as well as perform both single and fleet-wide aircraft research. From your Maintenance Items Page, all you have to do is click the 'Generate Report' button and click 'Print Blank Work Cards'. Please don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-747-4560 or email at [email protected] We would be happy to walk you through that process.
Thanks!

Zac A.

Great alternative to CAMP

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

The cost savings along is a reason to switch to FlightDocs. We have evaluated all of the other maintenance providers out there, some of the very inexpensive ones are nothing more than a glorified spreadsheet. On the other end of the spectrum you have CAMP, which has grown to be a very poor customer service-based glutton of money. Flight Docs fits in the middle very nicely. They have the services and features that you require and expect, at a far better price than CAMP. They integrate with most 3rd party management and operations software, has their own stand alone iPad app, and provides great customer service.

Pros

It has the same functionality as CAMP with a lot less cost.

Cons

Convincing maintenance folks who know nothing other than CAMP to use it.

Dwayne W.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Stellar Support and Service!

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

My overall experience with Flightdocs so far has been very positive. Not only is their customer service team always available, but they truly want to help and provide system expertise and support at every turn. It is refreshing to work with an organization that is responsive, drives results, and listens to the needs of its customers. Flightdocs demonstrates a sincere desire to show continuous improvement that results in better software capabilities, cost savings, reporting and efficiencies for organizations interested in implementing a software solution.

Pros

"User Friendly" is what I like most about the software. The entire design of the software is based around the user interactions and is developed to ensure full functionality of transactions and reporting.

Cons

There are still features that require development and inclusion. The team is very responsive and is working with us to roadmap and get priorities established which will improve the system for our organization and other customers as well.

James M.

Flight Docs Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/09

Its nice, but not too intuitive I hate to keep saying this but CMP had good layout

Pros

Home page/ Dashboard is nice. Customer Service has always been great

Cons

Not enough links. To research work done you must click a few times to find last work scanned. Tolerance time doesnt show instantly up front on task. When planning for a large inspection where you have to juggle time it can be a pain. I need instant knowledge of this. CMP was great with this. BIG issue is when putting in times for component changes. FD doesnt calculate time since new, repair, and overhaul. CMP did this and it eliminated mistakes

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Eddie H.

Solid customer support, 24/7 - 365

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

GREAT PEOPLE and customer support. The system could use some improving to make it better over all but it has some nice features over other operating platforms out there (pictures of parts, tools, and ability to add calibration certs to have everything you need during the audit processes makes this product soar in my opinion.

Pros

I love the platform usability, rather it be from my smart phone to check stock while I'm away or using the iPad to simply snap a photo of a part to have on hand as a reference.

Cons

Change takes time and it has come a long way over the past 2 years. It would also be nice to be in the know when changes are implemented.

Dave S.

Tracking Maintenance with a Higher Level of Confidence

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

With previous maintenance tracking software, items were regularly missing after being scanned and several regulatory issues resulted. Missing items were compounded by the multi-layered, overdone systems we previously used. QA reviews of maintenance accomplished should not have to include a course on how to use the system each time. With Flightdocs, our QA techs can easily develop a flow and get the job done.

Pros

Flightdocs has a clean interface and instills a high level of confidence in our technicians and QA right from the first login. In our business, a mistake can result in severe consequences and we need to know that we are using the best tools.

Cons

Locating scanned attachments is a bit cumbersome at first, but once acclimated to the process, not an issue.

Rusty H.
Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great product and awesome support

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

It has been great to grow with Flightdocs over the years! They allow a small maintenance group to manage many aircraft at once.

Pros

The ability to see the fleet status on one screen is perfect. I can easily jump to the items from the main screen for research. The ability to store data with our aircraft for every pilot to reference is ideal.

Cons

I do not have negative issues, because the support staff will research any ideas we ask about or are concerned with.

Steve P.

Corporate Flight Department

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

We are a 24/7/365 flight department. No matter what time of day someone always answers the phone. Huge difference from utilization of past MX tracking services. Better on the budget and definitely a pleasure to talk to for issues or questions. When you have a problem or even a suggestion to improve something for your fleet; they listen and react. Positively react!

Pros

With multiple aircraft, like operations/statuses can be viewed together on the same screen.

Cons

A few non typical information points have to be navigated and there are not direct shortcuts