Showing 41 reviews of 31

ToucanTech

All-in-one solution for growing communities

Showing 41 reviews of 31
Catherine R.

An excellent, "one-stop shop" software for all your Development Office needs

Reviewed on 2019/11/22

Toucan Tech were extremely helpful during the decision making and transition phase and since we began using the software have been incredibly supportive and taken any feedback on board and further developed the product. We now have over 300 members of our online community since we launched it 6 weeks ago and the numbers are climbing daily. Communications with alumni are simple to use and look fantastic. Record keeping is also easy and efficient. We are absolutely delighted with the product and very happy to recommend it.

Pros

One software for alumni relations, communications, donations records, moves management and online community feature
Excellent support and training
Attractive user interface
Continual expansion and development of the product following feedback from users
Ease of migration from previous provider to Toucan Tech
Commitment and knowledge of the product from all the staff from top to bottom
An understanding of Development Office work and what customers want

Cons

No major complaints - any queries have been dealt with quickly and efficiently

Alana M.

Arden Anglican School review on ToucanTech

Reviewed on 2020/06/02

This is a fantastic way to communicate with our alumni and it definitely filled a hole in our communication with this target market.

Pros

I have no experience administering a website so was a little daunted at first. However, the training we received was effective and practical. After being shown the features of the site I found it was set up in a logical way that was easy to understand and use. Adding content and news items is very simple and they look great when published. I also like the flexibility of the design hub which gives me the ability to change the design to suit our corporate branding. The integration of our database was managed by the Toucan Tech support team and our IT department and and was fairly seamless and easy. After the data transfer we were able to send mass email communications to our alumni very easily. The design of the emails is customizable and they look very professional. I also like that we can share our stories straight from the site to our socials.

Cons

Some of the advanced filters are difficult to master. However, the support site is very helpful and has lots of resources available to use when we are stuck, or we email the support team for advice.

Rachel P.

User friendly and great support

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

It has significantly helped with my workload! Getting our alumni database in order and in one place was the main goal and the whole process in doing this has been great. It is easy to export the data as and when I need it.

Pros

The set up process was pain free, and from this support has been readily available with hints and tips being shared regularly. Overall, the ToucanTech software is easy to navigate and offers a lot of features. We have mostly been using this to maintain our alumni database and to promote and manage our events and news, however there are plans to build up our mentor network, open an online shop and to eventually begin fundraising - the fact that we have a piece of software that can do it all is fantastic.

Cons

I don't have any particular negatives about ToucanTech. The staff there have been completely supportive from the initial contact to today (4 years later!). The software can take a bit of time to discover and there are some steps that you need to remember, but that is no different to any other platform.

Daphne O.

Summer Fields Preparatory School

Reviewed on 2020/04/17

We have just embarked on trying to engage with our alumni after a long time of not really doing very much so it's great to see people starting to engage. Over the time we hope to look for ambassadors and alumni who may wish to start up clubs, offer mentoring and careers advice as well as promote their own services.

Migrating the data was much easier than I imagined it would be and extremely thorough. It's been a pleasure working with Toucantech.

Pros

The online alumni community is very impactful, the news stories create a real feeling of community and there are many features such as Clubs, Events, Support Us, Forum, etc. which can be developed over time. I also like the fact that when you capture new members they update their contact details straight into the database. The software is very user friendly and is a pleasure to work with.

Cons

I don't think there is anything I don't like about the software. The company is constantly reviewing and upgrading features and software and respond to customer feedback where appropriate. I am still learning to use the fundraising software and I think it would be great to have some webinars on the fundraising side of the database as well as how to create clubs, etc.

Sara E.

More than a product/service provider...this company consistently go the extra mile

Reviewed on 2017/02/28

I have been working with ToucanTech for the past two years using their Alumni Software. They are more than a 'service provider'. They listen and adapt and change to feedback from their users, which is not something I have experienced before. Other companies I have worked with say they listen but nothing ever seems to change.
ToucanTech have a thirst and desire to be the best and this comes across in everything they do and in my humble opinion they are the best. They go the extra miles every day and make their customers, like me, feel part of their family'listened too, respected and willing to grow together.
Their software is intuitive, easy to use and most of all FUN to use. I come into work excited to see what has happened on my 'network' and keen to do more. We really are seeing a change in the way our Alumni 'see' our school...they are seeing the value we can add to them now and how they can use their network to benefit them. We could not have done this without ToucanTech.
I really can't say a bad word - ha ha apart from the fact that I now have Alumni connecting with me every day now so I am very very busy!!!

Pros

Links to SIMS so makes downloads easy
FUN for our end users
If you see improvements they really will listen!
Additional Services they provide e.g. Report on how your network is performing making it easy to feedback to your school
They have a network where you can link in with other people using the software to share ideas/experiences

Vitali V.

Best customer service across industries

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

Very happy with our relationship and the service provided. As with any software, you need to dedicate some resources to learn the tips and tricks to make the most out of it.

Pros

Customer service, issue resolution, responsiveness, new product releases, ease of use, competitive pricing, willingness to find custom solutions, training, and lots of resources, a community of users.

Cons

Can have slow load speeds at times and other bugs (but those are quickly fixed with support)

Suzannah C.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Fantastic alumni management system with website

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

ToucanTech are a very responsive company - they reply quickly and very helpfully to queries and feedback. They are also proactive in making suggestions for improvements - for example, recently suggestions and help with redesigning our fund-raising page.

Pros

I love the mass email tool - which allows the creation of attractive emails and analysis of recipients' responsiveness to the content.
I also love the integration of our website with the database.

Cons

Ideally I would like some more flexibility about some of the pages on our website, but I can probably achieve this by asking for help with creating some bespoke areas.

Joshua C.

Concord College's Alumni Network - Powered by Toucan Tech

Reviewed on 2020/09/04

The overall experience is fantastic, and I feel that the more you engage with Toucan Tech's helpful support team, weekly emails, updates and webinars, the greater the possibilities become for your Alumni Network. It's very helpful to test out new features and understand how they can benefit you site.

Any problems, the team are always quick and responsive to emails and calls, fixing or overcoming issues no matter how big or small.

Pros

The design hub is extensive so you can really personalise your network, however at the same time, it is straightforward to learn and implement and helps to create a professional looking site. I particularly like the customisable layout of the homepage and the types of menus you can select. The recent update allowing drop-down menus is also beneficial in creating a more user-friendly network.

Lastly, the content editor is simple and allows for excellent article-creation in no time at all!

Cons

I feel there is further scope to boost engagement, such as enhanced capabilities to 'like', 'comment' and 'share' other users' content.

There are often small bugs or technical errors when using the 'advanced filters' to organise records for emails etc.

Lee H.

ToucanTech for the Technophobe

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

As an individual who has never been in a role where I have had to use a data base before I have found the Toucan Tech software relatively easy to navigate. Also the constant improvements and their ability to react swiftly to software 'tweak' requests have made my job easier and me much more confident using a data base.

Pros

It is aesthetically pleasing and easy to navigate with clear and simple titles. The team are often improving the software and listen to the end users requirements.
The 'Dashboard' gives and instant picture of activity within the alumni community and the statistics provided are clear and concise.

Cons

I would like a spell check built into the system.

Lucy T.

Fantastic Product so glad we decided on the right software.

Reviewed on 2019/07/11

I haven't worked with the financial fundraising side much but my colleagues do and they would be able to expand more on their experience of this side of things. I think it has a lot of powerful potential and is close to being a very good bit of financial fundraising software to work with.

Pros

The intuitive ease of use, the slick layout and constant updating ToucanTech are prepared to do and if you have an idea of how things could perform better they try to work it into the next upgrades which happen really quickly. I like the amount of flexibility we have free of charge with website design, and not having to pay for every little thing which is so annoying with other companies. Very forward thinking and refreshing company to work with.

Cons

The photo gallery portal is a little outdated, both aesthetically and un-user friendly - reordering photos is time consuming and dated.

Brian D.

Great product, outstanding service!

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

This software has enabled the development office in the school where I work to attract over 800 alumni to one place. Here, we are able to keep them up to date with current developments, and allow some reminiscing about the good old days to take place between members.

Pros

The platform is extremely easy to use and navigate. If you are stuck, then the service team are always willing to help, either over the phone, a webinar or travel up in person. Truly outstanding service.

Kevin H.

Working with ToucanTech has been very easy as their team have worked tirelessly to meet our...

Reviewed on 2018/01/30

Discovering all of the benefits and keeping up to date with all of the updates. Training other staff to use it.

Pros

It fully meets the needs of our mainly blind and visually impaired former students. The fundraising accept of the software is excellent and easy to use. Super clear layout with a common sense structure which is very easy to follow.

David O.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Great product, but the customer service is what really sets ToucanTech apart!

Reviewed on 2020/10/19

Pros

Integration - the product seamlessly flows from CRM, to database, to communications tool.

Cons

Anything I has disliked, the team has been responsive in finding a solution.

Lynn M.
  • Industry: Events Services

Solihull School Community Review - It does what it says on the tin!

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

We as a department are very pleased with ToucanTeach. It does what it says on the tin and more.

Pros

ToucanTech is user friendly with great functionality. Adding news, events and photos is so much quicker and easier than our previous system. The front facing system is very smart and easy to navigate. The Support Team are very helpful right from the set-up, design, transferring of data and the daily use.

Cons

No dislikes about the software. We are kept fully up to date with any updates they may be carrying out and receive a weekly news update about new functionalities and software updates which is very helpful.

Pippa B.

Toucan Tech Customer Relations Management at Tonbridge Grammar School

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

My experience of Toucan Tech is very good.
We can now communicate with our school and alumni audiences and involvement on our online community is growing every day. Toucan Tech's customer support and other network opportunities is excellent.

Pros

Over my twelve years experience of schools development and fundraising, Toucan Tech is the first software that I have come across and used that provides a communications and a fundraising capability under the same 'umbrella'.

Toucan Tech is advanced, progressive, and highly responsive to user feedback

Cons

Not much not to like. A few niggles to improve on but upgrades coming on stream regularly.

The transfer of data from our old system to Toucan Tech, was more involved and took longer than expected. But Toucan Tech resolved all issues.

Louise B.

Review of Toucan Tech

Reviewed on 2020/08/14

I like the collaborative nature and forward thinking approach.

Toucan are excellent people to work with.

Pros

I like the ongoing updates to the software and fresh ideas

Cons

You need to constantly use it to understand its full functionality. Training is always a must.

ToucanTech Database

Reviewed on 2020/03/30

Excellent product and great company to deal with. You really get to know the team and the customer support is very responsive.

Pros

It is easy to use and fairly intuitive to use. The community and engagement aspects of the system are really excellent.

Cons

Some things work differently to our previous database so you have to think about things in a different way (eg: filters, reporting)

Michele H.

A Complete Package

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

The main advantage of the software for us is that everything is centralised and no longer disseminated throughout the school. We can create emails with the look that we want and confidently send them knowing they are compliant with data protection laws. It is simple to stay in touch with our members via the site or direct contact and there are a number of facilities available to them. We have increased our database tenfold since starting our site and we know that our members really appreciate being able to pop in and catch up or get involved.

Pros

Not only does the software offer a secure space for our members to communicate but it provides a central database to pool all our contacts with all the relevant data protocols in place. It is easy to use with a handy dashboard in the ‘back office’ for an instant snapshot of activity and engagement.

Cons

The software has developed as Toucan Tech have addressed the needs and requests of their clients so our site has grown with the software and if anything we have had to keep up!