ToucanTech

All-in-one solution for growing alumni communities

4,9
4,8
4,7
4,6
4,8
Brian D.
Industry: Education Management

Great product, outstanding service!

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

This software has enabled the development office in the school where I work to attract over 800 alumni to one place. Here, we are able to keep them up to date with current developments, and allow some reminiscing about the good old days to take place between members.

Pros

The platform is extremely easy to use and navigate. If you are stuck, then the service team are always willing to help, either over the phone, a webinar or travel up in person. Truly outstanding service.

Susanna F.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

We are delighted with our ToucanTech alumnae website

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

We are delighted with our new alumnae platform, which looks great and works well at the front end, and is easy to use and navigate at the back end! Our alumnae have been very complimentary about the improvements and the increased level of communication that we now offer. We have seen a dramatic increase in engagement levels as a result. The excellent level of customisation has allowed us to create a site we feel proud of, which we believe best reflects who we are and that has increased the level of support we can offer to our alumane.

Pros

We have been using our new alumnae platform, which is powered by ToucanTech, for about a year now. It offers much greater functionality than the previous site and the engagement levels have soared accordingly. It allows events to be organised efficiently and effectively and we are now seeing increasing use of the more interactive elements of the platform, such as our mentoring schemes and alumnae clubs. Over the past 12 months, ToucanTech have continued to develop and improve the software and are always working on new features and welcome additions to their offering.

Cons

The ToucanTech support team offer an effective and well-run helpdesk and customised training. They were very hands on with the set up and integration of the new platform. The software has designed to be very user-friendly. The team work hard to resolove any issues or queries.

Alana M.

Arden Anglican School review on ToucanTech

Reviewed on 2020/06/02

This is a fantastic way to communicate with our alumni and it definitely filled a hole in our communication with this target market.

Pros

I have no experience administering a website so was a little daunted at first. However, the training we received was effective and practical. After being shown the features of the site I found it was set up in a logical way that was easy to understand and use. Adding content and news items is very simple and they look great when published. I also like the flexibility of the design hub which gives me the ability to change the design to suit our corporate branding. The integration of our database was managed by the Toucan Tech support team and our IT department and and was fairly seamless and easy. After the data transfer we were able to send mass email communications to our alumni very easily. The design of the emails is customizable and they look very professional. I also like that we can share our stories straight from the site to our socials.

Cons

Some of the advanced filters are difficult to master. However, the support site is very helpful and has lots of resources available to use when we are stuck, or we email the support team for advice.

Louise B.

Review of Toucan Tech

Reviewed on 2020/08/14

I like the collaborative nature and forward thinking approach.

Toucan are excellent people to work with.

Pros

I like the ongoing updates to the software and fresh ideas

Cons

You need to constantly use it to understand its full functionality. Training is always a must.

Rachel P.
Industry: Education Management

User friendly and great support

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

It has significantly helped with my workload! Getting our alumni database in order and in one place was the main goal and the whole process in doing this has been great. It is easy to export the data as and when I need it.

Pros

The set up process was pain free, and from this support has been readily available with hints and tips being shared regularly. Overall, the ToucanTech software is easy to navigate and offers a lot of features. We have mostly been using this to maintain our alumni database and to promote and manage our events and news, however there are plans to build up our mentor network, open an online shop and to eventually begin fundraising - the fact that we have a piece of software that can do it all is fantastic.

Cons

I don't have any particular negatives about ToucanTech. The staff there have been completely supportive from the initial contact to today (4 years later!). The software can take a bit of time to discover and there are some steps that you need to remember, but that is no different to any other platform.

Catherine R.

An excellent, "one-stop shop" software for all your Development Office needs

Reviewed on 2019/11/22

Toucan Tech were extremely helpful during the decision making and transition phase and since we began using the software have been incredibly supportive and taken any feedback on board and further developed the product. We now have over 300 members of our online community since we launched it 6 weeks ago and the numbers are climbing daily. Communications with alumni are simple to use and look fantastic. Record keeping is also easy and efficient. We are absolutely delighted with the product and very happy to recommend it.

Pros

One software for alumni relations, communications, donations records, moves management and online community feature
Excellent support and training
Attractive user interface
Continual expansion and development of the product following feedback from users
Ease of migration from previous provider to Toucan Tech
Commitment and knowledge of the product from all the staff from top to bottom
An understanding of Development Office work and what customers want

Cons

No major complaints - any queries have been dealt with quickly and efficiently

Daphne O.

Summer Fields Preparatory School

Reviewed on 2020/04/17

We have just embarked on trying to engage with our alumni after a long time of not really doing very much so it's great to see people starting to engage. Over the time we hope to look for ambassadors and alumni who may wish to start up clubs, offer mentoring and careers advice as well as promote their own services.

Migrating the data was much easier than I imagined it would be and extremely thorough. It's been a pleasure working with Toucantech.

Pros

The online alumni community is very impactful, the news stories create a real feeling of community and there are many features such as Clubs, Events, Support Us, Forum, etc. which can be developed over time. I also like the fact that when you capture new members they update their contact details straight into the database. The software is very user friendly and is a pleasure to work with.

Cons

I don't think there is anything I don't like about the software. The company is constantly reviewing and upgrading features and software and respond to customer feedback where appropriate. I am still learning to use the fundraising software and I think it would be great to have some webinars on the fundraising side of the database as well as how to create clubs, etc.

Polly R.
Industry: Education Management

How Toucan Tech transformed our ability to communicate with our alumni

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

Toucan Tech has enabled us to grow our alumni community, tripling the number of members we have online since we purchased the system. The package offered is affordable and the support from the team is second to none.

Pros

It is an all-in-one product so we did not have to purchase a separate database. It is user-friendly making it easy to use and understand. It has revolutionised our ability to contact our alumni and store information on both alumni and current pupils . The support team are always willing to help and are constantly offering webinars and networking days. The analytics offered enables us to tweak our communications to meet our customer needs.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this software.

Suzannah C.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Fantastic alumni management system with website

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

ToucanTech are a very responsive company - they reply quickly and very helpfully to queries and feedback. They are also proactive in making suggestions for improvements - for example, recently suggestions and help with redesigning our fund-raising page.

Pros

I love the mass email tool - which allows the creation of attractive emails and analysis of recipients' responsiveness to the content.
I also love the integration of our website with the database.

Cons

Ideally I would like some more flexibility about some of the pages on our website, but I can probably achieve this by asking for help with creating some bespoke areas.

Michele H.

A Complete Package

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

The main advantage of the software for us is that everything is centralised and no longer disseminated throughout the school. We can create emails with the look that we want and confidently send them knowing they are compliant with data protection laws. It is simple to stay in touch with our members via the site or direct contact and there are a number of facilities available to them. We have increased our database tenfold since starting our site and we know that our members really appreciate being able to pop in and catch up or get involved.

Pros

Not only does the software offer a secure space for our members to communicate but it provides a central database to pool all our contacts with all the relevant data protocols in place. It is easy to use with a handy dashboard in the ‘back office’ for an instant snapshot of activity and engagement.

Cons

The software has developed as Toucan Tech have addressed the needs and requests of their clients so our site has grown with the software and if anything we have had to keep up!

Sara E.
Industry: Education Management

More than a product/service provider...this company consistently go the extra mile

Reviewed on 2017/02/28

I have been working with ToucanTech for the past two years using their Alumni Software. They are more than a 'service provider'. They listen and adapt and change to feedback from their users, which is not something I have experienced before. Other companies I have worked with say they listen but nothing ever seems to change.
ToucanTech have a thirst and desire to be the best and this comes across in everything they do and in my humble opinion they are the best. They go the extra miles every day and make their customers, like me, feel part of their family'listened too, respected and willing to grow together.
Their software is intuitive, easy to use and most of all FUN to use. I come into work excited to see what has happened on my 'network' and keen to do more. We really are seeing a change in the way our Alumni 'see' our school...they are seeing the value we can add to them now and how they can use their network to benefit them. We could not have done this without ToucanTech.
I really can't say a bad word - ha ha apart from the fact that I now have Alumni connecting with me every day now so I am very very busy!!!

Pros

Links to SIMS so makes downloads easy
FUN for our end users
If you see improvements they really will listen!
Additional Services they provide e.g. Report on how your network is performing making it easy to feedback to your school
They have a network where you can link in with other people using the software to share ideas/experiences

Joshua C.

Concord College's Alumni Network - Powered by Toucan Tech

Reviewed on 2020/09/04

The overall experience is fantastic, and I feel that the more you engage with Toucan Tech's helpful support team, weekly emails, updates and webinars, the greater the possibilities become for your Alumni Network. It's very helpful to test out new features and understand how they can benefit you site.

Any problems, the team are always quick and responsive to emails and calls, fixing or overcoming issues no matter how big or small.

Pros

The design hub is extensive so you can really personalise your network, however at the same time, it is straightforward to learn and implement and helps to create a professional looking site. I particularly like the customisable layout of the homepage and the types of menus you can select. The recent update allowing drop-down menus is also beneficial in creating a more user-friendly network.

Lastly, the content editor is simple and allows for excellent article-creation in no time at all!

Cons

I feel there is further scope to boost engagement, such as enhanced capabilities to 'like', 'comment' and 'share' other users' content.

There are often small bugs or technical errors when using the 'advanced filters' to organise records for emails etc.

Rachel H.

ToucanTech Software

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

Our aim was to purchase a software solution that would manage our 15,000 plus dataset in a bright, intuitive and logical way. In addition, we required a third party (alumni) interface which would engage our alumni from the off, and give them a responsive, interesting and easy to use platform which would allow them to interact easily with the school and their peers. ToucanTech has provided such a solution. They have been a pleasure to work with thus far and the whole team have a pro-active, can do approach to work. We never have to chase ToucanTech, but rather they engage with us at every step. Their online forums bring another layer to the user experience, and any technical difficulties are resolved immediately by their technical team. I can highly recommend the product and the company behind it.

Pros

The ToucanTech software is engaging from the word go! Its bright, colourful appearance does not betray what lies beneath. The best thing about the software is its intuitive design which make operations simple, straightforward and easy. Almost everything you want to do/find is underpinned by logical thought and programming, so that the user can navigate easily around the software.

Cons

I am honestly not sure there is an answer to this question. My whole experience with ToucanTech to date has been positive, from sales, to customer service to to the user end of the software. Although a cost is involved, I would say the value for money and customer care makes this well worth the expenditure.

Lee H.

ToucanTech for the Technophobe

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

As an individual who has never been in a role where I have had to use a data base before I have found the Toucan Tech software relatively easy to navigate. Also the constant improvements and their ability to react swiftly to software 'tweak' requests have made my job easier and me much more confident using a data base.

Pros

It is aesthetically pleasing and easy to navigate with clear and simple titles. The team are often improving the software and listen to the end users requirements.
The 'Dashboard' gives and instant picture of activity within the alumni community and the statistics provided are clear and concise.

Cons

I would like a spell check built into the system.

Vitali V.
Industry: Education Management

Best customer service across industries

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

Very happy with our relationship and the service provided. As with any software, you need to dedicate some resources to learn the tips and tricks to make the most out of it.

Pros

Customer service, issue resolution, responsiveness, new product releases, ease of use, competitive pricing, willingness to find custom solutions, training, and lots of resources, a community of users.

Cons

Can have slow load speeds at times and other bugs (but those are quickly fixed with support)

Nick P.
Company size: Self Employed

View from Mill Hill School Foundation and a wider perspective

Reviewed on 2020/02/09

Overall experience very good. It has enabled better alumni communications , event management and fundraising campaign management. It has made reporting where required easier.

Pros

Ease of use for non-database professionals - you don't need to be a professional to retrieve the information and reports you want.

Appearance - clear and accessible screens with good explanatory notes

Integration - database, comms and outward-facing web presence all in one place

Cons

Tendency to slow down from time to time making searches and adding images or news difficult

Tendency for blue "shading" to appear over every word and element of a search

Lynn M.
Industry: Events Services

Solihull School Community Review - It does what it says on the tin!

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

We as a department are very pleased with ToucanTeach. It does what it says on the tin and more.

Pros

ToucanTech is user friendly with great functionality. Adding news, events and photos is so much quicker and easier than our previous system. The front facing system is very smart and easy to navigate. The Support Team are very helpful right from the set-up, design, transferring of data and the daily use.

Cons

No dislikes about the software. We are kept fully up to date with any updates they may be carrying out and receive a weekly news update about new functionalities and software updates which is very helpful.

Pippa B.

Toucan Tech Customer Relations Management at Tonbridge Grammar School

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

My experience of Toucan Tech is very good.
We can now communicate with our school and alumni audiences and involvement on our online community is growing every day. Toucan Tech's customer support and other network opportunities is excellent.

Pros

Over my twelve years experience of schools development and fundraising, Toucan Tech is the first software that I have come across and used that provides a communications and a fundraising capability under the same 'umbrella'.

Toucan Tech is advanced, progressive, and highly responsive to user feedback

Cons

Not much not to like. A few niggles to improve on but upgrades coming on stream regularly.

The transfer of data from our old system to Toucan Tech, was more involved and took longer than expected. But Toucan Tech resolved all issues.

Roger C.

Toucan Tech new User / Administrator

Reviewed on 2020/04/23

The possibilities the Toucan system offers for everything from Event Management (an Eventbrite set-up), News Postings and Communications are only limited by the User/Adminstrator - i.e. me! I have enjoyed seeing ideas become realised on-screen.

Pros

Being completely new to working with databases and similarly-based communication systems the most important aspect for me has been the great help from the Support Teams. They are always very willing to help; extremely patient; thoroughly professional and yet friendly and approachable at all times.

Cons

Again given my inexperience in this area - and I find it similarly with Mail Chimp as well - I can't set up pages and the like in a way that seems obvious to me. Hence, I find the Support Team vital as I slowly learn what can be done and how to achieve it. Normally, I would have delegated such things to a competent professional. The Toucan Support Team has, with great understanding, taken on this delegated role whenever possible.

Walter M.
Company size: Self Employed

Providing Support

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

The team at Toucan are excellent at providing support to the myriad of queries that I have. They are quick, polite, professional and always helpful. I commend and thank them for their patience, understanding and ability assist as and when requested.

Pros

Never stands still and happy to incorporate ideas from users.

Cons

It can be complicated to achieve what you want the system to do.

Nicholas B.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Huge potential

Reviewed on 2020/08/14

Very responsive business, capable and eager to understand their clients' needs and apply improvements

Pros

As a database driven alumni platform, ToucanTech enables us to link to and connect countless records to grow the engagement of our association. It is reliable and its myriad functions - which you need to find out about and leverage - are useful and helpful

Cons

Report-writing can be tricky and not all fields are able to be selected. Sometimes the Toucan server can be slow to respond

Lucy T.
Industry: Computer Software

Fantastic Product so glad we decided on the right software.

Reviewed on 2019/07/11

I haven't worked with the financial fundraising side much but my colleagues do and they would be able to expand more on their experience of this side of things. I think it has a lot of powerful potential and is close to being a very good bit of financial fundraising software to work with.

Pros

The intuitive ease of use, the slick layout and constant updating ToucanTech are prepared to do and if you have an idea of how things could perform better they try to work it into the next upgrades which happen really quickly. I like the amount of flexibility we have free of charge with website design, and not having to pay for every little thing which is so annoying with other companies. Very forward thinking and refreshing company to work with.

Cons

The photo gallery portal is a little outdated, both aesthetically and un-user friendly - reordering photos is time consuming and dated.

Lucy M.
Industry: Education Management

Essential tool in our development and alumni relations programmes

Reviewed on 2020/04/02

Huge benefits in efficiency across departments - particularly integrating the functions of fundraising, alumni relations & careers. Excellent customer support, huge wealth of resources on all elements from design to data collection.

Pros

Intuitive operating system integrating all the key functions of a database and external comms platform designed specifically for use in a development and alumni relations setting.

Cons

Automatic upgrades, particularly affecting page format

Alexandra O.

Education community platform

Reviewed on 2020/08/18

Using the Toucan Tech platform has helped our school development office create a community platform and manage two fundraising campaigns. The software is constantly improving and they listen to clients feedback.

Pros

Managing data. Setting up fundraising campaigns. Communication with database.

Cons

As with any software, human error can come into play.

Eleanor M.
Industry: Fund-Raising

Great support

Reviewed on 2019/11/25

ToucanTech have always been very helpful, very prompt at responding to questions or issues and always offering helpful suggestions. They also have examples of great ways people have made use of the software.

Pros

The software is easy to use and is constantly being developed and further improved depending on the need.

Cons

Importing data from another site is not that easy.