Plesk

Michelangelo
Michelangelo

For me the best

Reviewed on 2022/08/14

Really really good in the end. I would make this choice again in the future.

Really really good in the end. I would make this choice again in the future.

Pros

For me who manage small hosting services in VPS is a fantastic choice: it is fast, fast, at an affordable and reliable price. He certainly loses in the competition with Cpanel but this is not necessarily a negative point. Finally UI and UX are really good.

Cons

It doesn't integrate well with Cloudflare and that's really a shame, the mailbox management isn't perfect and for anything you have to pay. And A lot. The subscription to a classic antivirus often costs as much as 3 times the subscription. Often these services are nothing more than adaptations of open source code.

Chien
  • Industry: Online Media

Plesk is a strong tool for developers.

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

Pros

Almost contains full features for configuring the server and websites, it's easy to use and helping me a lot.

Cons

The menu category of the features list, sometimes it's really hard to find some specific features.

Reasons for Switching to Plesk

cPanel is too expensive for individual developers.
Dan
  • Industry: Events Services

Feature rich, but had many issues

Reviewed on 2020/01/08

Pros

It had all the features I was looking for

Cons

The back end was buggy, I had several times where my website went down

Robert
  • Industry: Automotive

Good Alternative

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Pretty good, works well, solid for now. For basic use this is pretty good however if you want to start running a medium to large hosting company or if you have a lot of site this may start to add up

Pros

It does what it says and its foolproof. Pretty much anyone over the age of 13 could setup this software with a little bit of networking knowledge

Cons

I didnt like the fact that if you want to go above using basic functionality you would have to pay. Feels like a pay to win type of game :D

Ahmed M

My Prefered Hosting Control Panel

Reviewed on 2020/01/23

For me, it's the best in the market and the price is better than cPanel. I have many dedicated servers and I'm using a Plesk on all of them

Pros

Competitive Price
WordPress Tools
Customer Service

Cons

the migration tools need a lot of care and new development, especially when migrating from cPanel to Plesk.
I have to pay for many important addons and I believe it should be part of Plesk features but not to pay extra for it.

Aris
Aris
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Developer friendly

Reviewed on 2021/01/15

We prefer Plesk to work with SaaS projects, automate our work using Rest API, Git and composer to keep an updated and synced environment. We save unlimited amount of time uploading files manually and updating the system using Plesk and its tools.

Pros

With Plesk you get remote REST API that you can interact with the panel remotely, very useful for admins and developers who want to automate some features with their websites. I like Plesk Installer where I can select and install extensions, components and new PHP versions. Plesk gives you easy management of PHP handling as FPM, CGI or FastCGI. The Apache vs Nginx setup is so easy I can play with them for example set Nginx for proxy and media caching etc and get instant results. I can generate a new LetsEncrypt certificate with the click of a button. Plesk let's you scan directories for Composer and if it finds any you can update dependencies as well as change Composer mode from production to development including additional packages for better development. And the latest and best feature for me is Git integration where you can deploy your repo to your public directory.

Cons

The free version of Plesk (Web Admin SE) has some limits, and you need to upgrade to another version for more features.

Arkadiusz
Arkadiusz

Plesk to rule them all

Reviewed on 2023/12/01

Pros

Improved interface, firewall options, and the ability to manage server updates seamlessly.

Cons

Monitoring and notifcations could be better.

Josip
Josip

Manage your own server

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

Plesk is a great centralized control panel with a lot of automation tools which helps us run our websites and email servers easily and faster, saving our precious time.

Pros

With Plesk managing, a web server is such an easy task. You no longer need to learn the complex syntax and command-line commands. Everything can be done with a simple, clean and yet powerful dashboard. Control panel provides many options to tighten the security of your websites or domain. Also, I enjoy using WordPress toolkit because it works without logging in to your WordPress dashboard. Everything can be automated or done with just a few clicks. Tasks running in the background are always in the lower right corner minimalized so you can do other things.

Cons

I don't like that for many extensions you have to pay additional licensing. Although hundreds of extensions are high-quality plugins, it would be nice that some of them are included in the monthly fee that we already pay when we are using Plesk.

Greg
Greg
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Ability to run a small, yet profitable web hosting company

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

Plesk has enabled me to run a successful hosting business since 2004 with little expense which means room to make profit while competing on the value I add over larger hosting companies.

Pros

I've used plesk as my web hosting platform for about 15 years now. The latest incarnation runs on Amazon Web Services which makes it extremely easy and inexpensive to setup. The other big competitor is CPanel which in my opinion has fallen behind in development in comparison to Plesk. Web hosts pick one usually and get comfortable with that, but I believe Plesk to the most comprehensive and easiest to use for my hosting clients.

Cons

They need to work more on the user interface as it's hard to find your way around sometimes. But you can find out how to do what you need with a little looking around.

Muhammad Aamer
Muhammad Aamer

Plesk is the best web hosting control panel

Reviewed on 2023/12/01

My overall experience with plesk is awesome i have everything that i need from the begging of the web hosting process tell the and then scaling my website. Plesk gives you everything from hosting your website to creating databases and emails you can manage your storage you can customize your plesk so it fits your needs you can monitor the performance of your site and basically everything you need plesk can give you

Pros

Plesk has very nice and customizable user interface and there is allot of plugins you can install so you can customize it so it best fits your requirements.
You can monitor the performance of your website you can create databases emails manage storages and allot more Plesk has allot of things that are my favorite

Cons

The thing that i like the least about plesk is creating a superuser is very very hard specially when it comes to passwords you can only have the password that is given by the server providers i want this to be more flexible

Parth
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Super strong and simple to use

Reviewed on 2023/02/08

Plesk has a lot to offer and is quite simple to use. I can manage several websites from a single control panel. It's excellent for beginners. Plesk provides a lot of monitoring capabilities that I utilise. It is used to make online hosting and hosting services easier to operate, as well as to monitor and administer the server. It also aids in the maintenance of files on the website and allows me to quickly measure web traffic.

Pros

Plesk is an excellent solution for managing many websites from a single control panel. It is a powerful tool with several capabilities that allows you to do a lot more with your website. You may establish e-mails, FTP accounts, and SSH accounts, as well as an excellent tool for WordPress and Joomla. You may design your own membership plans that limit or enhance the resources available to each customer. The programme is simple to use and offers all of the functionality required for website hosting administration.

Cons

What I detest is that many additions need a further licence. The learning curve is a bit steep if you're coming from the Control Panels utilised by the more eminent domain hosting companies. More in-depth films to teach new users how to use various tools would be beneficial. It has all of the necessary Extensions, but it is lacking in reviews, and additional webmail choices should be provided. However, it is the best, simplest, and most user-friendly control panel that is vital.

Robert
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Plesk is Beautiful

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

My team and myself can easily learn just about anything quickly but Plesk is so much easier for clients to learn when moving from other platforms.

Pros

The admin interface is easy to use for my team and clients.

Cons

There was a small learning curve for new team members used to Cpanel but I think everyone likes working with Plesk.

Eric

Excellent Control Panel Software

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

We started using Plesk in the early 2000's, the initial problems when upgrading especially have all been resolved. Everything now tends to work exactly as it should. Overall we're very happy with the product.

Pros

Awesome product that allows us to manage our smaller websites without having to set up all of the hosting software manually every time. It also allows the customer to manage their own email settings, databases, etc. Takes a lot of the support issues off our hands.

Cons

The only thing to dislike is every new version, things tend to be moved around a little bit. This is pretty typical of any software whether on the web or desktop software however. It's a fairly minor complaint. Plesk has come a long way since the beginning when we started using it.

Abhik
Abhik
  • Industry: Computer Networking
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

The best webhosting control panel that is supported on Windows hosting

Reviewed on 2021/04/29

Plex is very good for small and medium servers and medium-sized web hosting companies.

Pros

Plex is one of the very few web hosting control panel that is available for Windows as well as Linux. Plex has almost all the features need to manage a server and host websites or email. It offers many extensions.

Cons

Plex is less stable compared to cPanel. I once broke a development server while installing some Plesk components. It took a lot of time and google search to fix it. However, this happens rarely, so nothing to worry about too much.

Jay

Great Management Software for Web Hosting

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

Pros

The flexible options in the interface are superb. The support is good but not excellent. Once you get an assigned rep, they do respond fairly quickly. It's getting that initial contact that may be a bit delayed.

Cons

The cost is a bit high. Faster initial support responses would be better.

Reasons for Choosing Plesk

I wanted a more powerful tool.

Mallach
  • Industry: Biotechnology

My opinion

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

Flexibility
Speed
Light in ram

Cons

Not free!
In a open source World, it's so bad!

Yağızhan Burak

Plesk helped us growing our shared hosting environment

Reviewed on 2019/07/06

We manage our websites including our main website using Plesk, and we also created a nice shared hosting environment using Plesk.

Plesk helped us build a big audience of shared hosting. We could easily create packages that come with WordPress installed.

Pros

Our customers found Plesk useful, easy to use and handy.

Plesk gives us whatever we need,
Plesk has automated updates, integration with other software and a handy API interface.

Plesk also has cool people who manages their Twitter account, they always respond in minutes.

Plesk's WordPress plugin is one of it's most-liked features, our customers mostly choose to go especially with Plesk just because of the WordPress plugin.

The add-on packages system is also cool, we can easily add our customers additional resources and can also easily charge them.

Cons

Pricing is a bit out of hand, it's better than it's biggest opponent, cPanel though.

Daniel
  • Industry: Sports

Plesk Meu Tempo

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

Very good is to continue with Plesk in managing the company's projects.

Very good is to continue with Plesk in managing the company's projects.

Pros

Ease of managing the various projects that the company is involved with.
Possibility to update projects with one click.
Security Means
Addons Amount
good documentation
quite active forums

Cons

Some options are very hidden
Plesk updates sometimes fail

Reasons for Switching to Plesk

More current and better managed
Ian

Plesk is Great

Reviewed on 2019/10/02

Pros

Plesk is hosting management software that is often used with shared hosting companies. It is probably the cheapest version that has a simple GUI. You seem to run into less bugs than with some of the free alternatives and its a lot cheaper than cPanel per month. Easily deal with your databases, files, and create ftp accounts, install software, and keep a track of traffic statistics.

Cons

It is not as powerful as the industry leading WHM/Cpanel.

The Leader in Website Control Panels for The More Technical

Reviewed on 2020/01/24

We use Plesk to manage our cloud servers. It provides a rich graphical user interface to replace command-line operations.

Pros

Very powerful and feature-rich. Can be set up for web hosts or for internal company use. Low cost. Allows administrators to automatically keep server software up to date.

Cons

Takes a little while to learn. Since it has so many features, it can be overwhelming at first for some.

Terry
  • Industry: Sports

Small Business VPS Solution

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

Hands down Plesk is the ultimate server admin platform for any online business that creates and manages its own websites or client websites. We run dozens of websites for our business and dozens more for clients and it provides the ease of use, power, systems, and metrics to successfully run the server without worry.

Pros

Powerful web server administration that is loaded with features, in an intuitive, flexible, and easy to use package.

Cons

Costs of extra add-ons can be discouraging at times.

Umair

The innovative and Professional Hosting Control Panel

Reviewed on 2021/04/10

My overall experience with Plesk is really awesome, because now I can build and manage multiple sites from a single and unique dashboard. I can monitor performance and lot of other tasks from the same place.

Pros

Plesk is an incredibly amazing hosting control panel and platform for the IT admins, developers, content managers and digital agencies. There are a lot of Plesk extensions available, that really extend the functionality of your platform.

Cons

All options of Plesk are really easy to use and understand, I never found any kind of issue during the use of this amazing control panel. For me the plesk is perfect, without any kind of cons.

Tad
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Comprehensive Solution

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Solves our web hosting and email needs for our customers!

Solves our web hosting and email needs for our customers!

Pros

Fast and intuitive. Comforting to know that if and when issues arise, support staff are readily available to help. Great knowledge base too.

Cons

Autodiscover for email is absent for some strange reason.

Complete and robust

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Overall its best side is on windows servers, its by far the most complete and stable panel.

Pros

Easy of install and configure. Many plugins. Stable and reliable. Keeps improving and adding new features.

Cons

Support is not as fast as other competitors.

France Javier

Plesk can always be counted on!

Reviewed on 2022/03/30

Pros

its layout, functionalities, and simplification of each menu really are splendid.

Cons

the pricing may be a bit high but it's really worth the money.