4,7
4,3
Mark E.

Plesk - Making web servers easy to manage

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

I have been using Plesk for a long time, I always pick Plesk of other systems, even when it costs extra and I save in the long run with admin and server uptime.

As Plesk has grown over the years I have had to do less and less outside of the Plesk interface. I have had nothing I need to do server admin wise outside of Plesk for the last few years due to the feature-rich interface.

Pros

The user interface is easy to use. Plesk has all the different server options in easy to understand sections ready to be customised.

Cons

When you want to do anything that Plesk can't do, can be hard to work out how to make the change or add the server tool you want.

Joel H.
Company size: Self Employed

Perfect for any hosting needs

Reviewed on 2020/11/09

I have had some great years with Plesk. Great price for the ease of use and functionality.

Pros

I really like that it is so easy to setup and that there is a great amount of information in the user forums and plesk help sections.

Cons

That it sometimes can be a bit hard to find the needed function in the administration user interface.

Jon M.
Industry: Insurance
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Pricey, lacking in features with terrible customer service

Reviewed on 2020/04/19

Poor service, very expensive, wouldn't recommend.

Pros

It's reasonably easy to use, but not as many options as the price commands.

Cons

Expensive for what it is. Customer support is horrific. You buy through a reseller and all support has to go through them, massively increasing time for support. Features are lacking and the price is astronomical for how basic it is.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Rory A.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

One control panel to rule them all

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

It has been such an invaluable tool that we have designed our hosting business model around the product and now offer it as an exclusive panel option

Pros

Extremely simple to set up compared to competitors. It is responsive and resilient. Plesk comes feature rich with a vast extensions catalogue that will easily take care with the majority of needs asked of a control panel.

Cons

Price of extensions can easily add up and eat at your budget and profit margins. You also need to know what you are doing as you can break a server if you dig a bit too deep without having some experience.

Ben M.
Industry: Internet

Plesk has made my life so much easier!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

I have been extremely happy with Plesk so far - I met some of the guys at WordCamp Nordic and they gave me an extended trial - the whole system has blown me away and I can't wait for the new version to come out :)

Pros

For a start it works - doesn't crash all the time like other web hosting software. It works with ubuntu instead of CentOS which is huge for me. It integrates amazingly well with AWS, especially RDS and Aurora databases. Having Ngnix as standard is huge, it was a real issue with cPanel ... and the LetsEncrypt system works great. The NewRelix integration makes life easier.

Cons

Generally, it's pretty good - it can be a pain to install integrations with PHP (datadog, sqreen, etc), but this is just a learning curve.

Alpay Ü.
Industry: Computer Networking

Plesk is The Best

Reviewed on 2020/01/23

Pros

Easy of use, Stability and security . No need to type codes or do endless searches on the net to find a solution (ignoring if it will make the server worse). plesk is so stable that you can sleep peacefully on both ears.

Cons

Missing an option that all admin want to have; country blocking

Constantin catalin S.

Easy to get up and Highest Features and Security

Reviewed on 2020/05/18

I am hosting a website for my company and plesk it's perfect, much better than cPanel. Worked in past with it also on windows and does great job both on linux and windows server.

Pros

It's easy to install, it even has a once command installer that does all for you, more it's easy to use even for not so technical people on server part, it does automatic updates for you, security it top notch even checking for sql injections. You can even integrate it with git and pull your website fast and easy to the server.

Cons

Nothing, I like all about it, it's perfect.

Dominik L.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Build and maintain your web hosting

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

With Plesk, I am no longer spending time typing some long commands in secure shell window because I can do almost everything with nice and functional Plesk interface.

Pros

- one control panel to rule them all - manage all websites from one place
- hundreds of plugins which extend the functionalities even greater
- regular automatic updates
- out of the box integration with cloud service providers like DigitalOcean, Vultr, AWS...
- full SSH root access remains available so if I don't like something I can customize it the old fashioned way
- amazingly good security and firewall integrated
- WordPress toolkit is a must-have if you manage multiple WordPress websites
- SSL integration with Let's Encrypt work flawlessly

Cons

- not so fast in loading speed compared to cPanel
- the dashboard can often be confusing with so many menus and options
- lack of support for Amazon Linux
- a little bit more expensive if you are looking for a shared web hosting with Plesk installed but in most cases, you will be using Plesk on your own VPS or server

Giancarlo D.

Simply the best

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

Came to Plesk from a proprietary panel, found the community heartwarming and their support spot on.

Pros

It's constantly updated, feature rich, strong disaster recovery features

Cons

It could have better built in antispam features

Ahmed m H.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

My Prefered Hosting Control Panel

Reviewed on 2020/01/23

For me, it's the best in the market and the price is better than cPanel. I have many dedicated servers and I'm using a Plesk on all of them

Pros

Competitive Price
WordPress Tools
Customer Service

Cons

the migration tools need a lot of care and new development, especially when migrating from cPanel to Plesk.
I have to pay for many important addons and I believe it should be part of Plesk features but not to pay extra for it.

Jose a R.
Industry: Internet

Easy to use, powerful and configurable

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

I work with multiple websites runing WordPress and others CMSs as PrestaShop or Drupal. Plesk let me configure and optimice every website hosting as I preffer with múltiple options: PHP versions, SSL, Backups, etc. Also, I can work with sync and bulks options. Of course, I can update all the software using web interface o CLI with my own scripts.

Pros

- PHP versions handler and nginx options for every website.
- Full backup options: Incremental and integration with external sites
- Fail2ban and others security options.
- Extensions Catalog for more features
- Updates manager for Plesk and OS system packages.
- WordPress Tool Kit to work with this popular CMS most easy and with bulk options
- Online control panel with intuitive dashboards and CLI options for Shell also
- Manage easy Let's Encrypt and others SSL certificates for every website
- Active 'User Voice' (plesk.uservoice.com)

Cons

- It isn't Open Source.
- It needs better options for configure cache systems.
- It needs more options for limit RAM/CPU and other resources by website/subscription/client.
- It needs easy options for upgrade default PHP version for run by system/Plesk.
- It needs Better support in spanish and others languages.
- There isn't a lot of extensions in catalog
- It needs more options for development stage easy with every website
- It needs license plans more flexibles

Alexander M.
Industry: Broadcast Media

Excellent Software - The best panel out there!

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

Plesk has changed the way I and the other developers I work with operate. Plesk's built in analytics help us to monitor our server's performance and identify unwanted spikes in RAM, CPU and IO usage. The new dynamic site view is incredibly helpful, as it puts a variety of commonly used controls at your fingertips, without having to delve deep within various menus.

Pros

Plesk enables us to effecively manage all aspects of our server. From managing server-level processes to easily adding adding and customising client applications such as wordpress and joomla, Plesk makes web production infinitely easier than it would be with other well known panels.

Cons

The only con I can come up with is the price! Plesk does come with a cost, however that cost is more than worth it. The only improvement I can offer would be to make the service free, however understandably that would never happen. :)

Industry: Internet

Configure your server without being an expert

Reviewed on 2019/12/31

I use Plesk with several clients and for my own services. It saves me a lot of time to manage different services.

Pros

Plesk has a nice, easy and very intuitive design. It has great features and each upgrade is better than the last. You can configure domains, emails, services, etc.

It is really easy to configure any part of your server and everything you need for your web application. It has integration with GIT, Docker, and much more... In addition you can see logs in real time, which is very useful when you have to detect any problem.

Cons

It could be a bit more economical, when you are a freelancer who has just started it is a bit expensive to pay month by month.

Thomas B.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Plesk is the

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

Pros

What can I say, Plesk is the go to server management software. It makes everything so easy. The UI is second to none and a single click can install applications, encrypt websites and run audits.

I really like the login button on wordpress sites this makes updating wordpress a breeze. The add ons are all priced really well and the whole package offers value for money.

Cons

Overall the software is very user friendly, but it would be nice to be able to declutter some of the workspace and limit the amount of options. to enable the lest tech savvy members of the team to use it well.

Hugo M.
Company size: Self Employed

A leader in web hosting control panels, if you can afford it.

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

We use Plesk as a control panel of our web hosting services for our clients, from the point of view of ease of use, clarity of information displayed, and manageable settings, it is a great tool.

Pros

* The administrative dashboard is very intuitive and easy to use.
* Many options of additions.
* Support for many technologies (several versions of PHP available, Docker and NodeJS).
* It can be installed in many flavors of Linux, even in Windows
* Integrates general security tools and a specific one for WordPress.

Cons

* Something expensive.
* Many add-ons imply additional recurring costs.
* The TCO of the solution tends to be elevated even for simple solutions.
* Although normally it does not have security flaws, these exist.
* Plesk handles the recurring collection of the license (either monthly or annually) through a third party, if it expires it can be a hell to renew it, make sure you never fall into that situation.

Robert S.
Industry: Broadcast Media

Plesk is Beautiful

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

My team and myself can easily learn just about anything quickly but Plesk is so much easier for clients to learn when moving from other platforms.

Pros

The admin interface is easy to use for my team and clients.

Cons

There was a small learning curve for new team members used to Cpanel but I think everyone likes working with Plesk.

Josip L.
Industry: Retail

Manage your own server

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

Plesk is a great centralized control panel with a lot of automation tools which helps us run our websites and email servers easily and faster, saving our precious time.

Pros

With Plesk managing, a web server is such an easy task. You no longer need to learn the complex syntax and command-line commands. Everything can be done with a simple, clean and yet powerful dashboard. Control panel provides many options to tighten the security of your websites or domain. Also, I enjoy using WordPress toolkit because it works without logging in to your WordPress dashboard. Everything can be automated or done with just a few clicks. Tasks running in the background are always in the lower right corner minimalized so you can do other things.

Cons

I don't like that for many extensions you have to pay additional licensing. Although hundreds of extensions are high-quality plugins, it would be nice that some of them are included in the monthly fee that we already pay when we are using Plesk.

Greg S.
Industry: Computer & Network Security
Company size: Self Employed

Ability to run a small, yet profitable web hosting company

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

Plesk has enabled me to run a successful hosting business since 2004 with little expense which means room to make profit while competing on the value I add over larger hosting companies.

Pros

I've used plesk as my web hosting platform for about 15 years now. The latest incarnation runs on Amazon Web Services which makes it extremely easy and inexpensive to setup. The other big competitor is CPanel which in my opinion has fallen behind in development in comparison to Plesk. Web hosts pick one usually and get comfortable with that, but I believe Plesk to the most comprehensive and easiest to use for my hosting clients.

Cons

They need to work more on the user interface as it's hard to find your way around sometimes. But you can find out how to do what you need with a little looking around.

Industry: Computer Software

Must-have for software developers

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

Saves us a lot of time, so we have more time for developing awesome websites.

Pros

- No need to touch the command line anymore
- Easy to use
- Secure
- Makes it possible to host over 400 websites

Cons

- Quite expensive for the Web Host edition with unlimited domains

Mike V.
Industry: International Affairs

Almost all is there

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

Very stable, support is very good. Evry issue solved in reasonnable time

Pros

Great for multi web site hosting. Ability to customize

Cons

Missing some essential functions (till now)

Eric H.
Industry: Computer Software

Excellent Control Panel Software

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

We started using Plesk in the early 2000's, the initial problems when upgrading especially have all been resolved. Everything now tends to work exactly as it should. Overall we're very happy with the product.

Pros

Awesome product that allows us to manage our smaller websites without having to set up all of the hosting software manually every time. It also allows the customer to manage their own email settings, databases, etc. Takes a lot of the support issues off our hands.

Cons

The only thing to dislike is every new version, things tend to be moved around a little bit. This is pretty typical of any software whether on the web or desktop software however. It's a fairly minor complaint. Plesk has come a long way since the beginning when we started using it.

Dimitris R.
Industry: Internet

A must-have control panel for any hosting provider

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

It offers a complete hosting management platform and helps our business to administer our hosting environment.

Pros

Plesk gives all user roles (users, administrators, etc.) the power to perform any action required to maintain and control multiple websites alongside with everything that is included (databases, files, emails, etc.). Not only that the vast library of addons that cover every need that arises or is not covered by the main system. It is a highly configurable and expandable system that should be used on any hosting installation.

Cons

The only thing that is a bit frustrating is the initial difficulty in applying updates on the main system due to a misconfiguration of the ports that are required by Plesk.

Gage K.

Great to get started on

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

Pros

The interface is easy to navigate and it handles a lot of the tedious problems like security and maintains very well

Cons

Can be a steep learning curve when it comes to configuring the services

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Andrew J.
Industry: Printing

Makes life easy

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

We switched from CPanel to Plesk years ago for managing our server and haven't looked back since. Very stable, mature software which makes server management much easier.

Pros

Plesk cuts through the complexity of server and hosting management with a stable easy to use interface. I can't remember encountering any bugs, and find its cost quite reasonable for the power it brings.

Cons

There's a level of complexity in the software which could be an obstacle for some users.

Jay M.

Great Management Software for Web Hosting

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

Pros

The flexible options in the interface are superb. The support is good but not excellent. Once you get an assigned rep, they do respond fairly quickly. It's getting that initial contact that may be a bit delayed.

Cons

The cost is a bit high. Faster initial support responses would be better.