Animaker

DIY video creation suite for enterprises

Gillian R.
  • Industry: Media Production

Waste of time !!!

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

To sum it up, this app is expensive, time consuming and with a whole lot of restrictions. If someone’s subscribed to a monthly fee, they should have access to all the features and something has to be done about how slow it is when you have to preview every scene!

Pros

I’m still waiting for my video to be exported.

Cons

This is the worst software ever! It’s a complete waste of time..Unlike other softwares I’ve used, this took me more than a minute literally to edit each scene and I had over 25 scenes!
Secondly, I upgraded to their “starter” package and I was supposed to get 25 assets for free and after adding a few of their video backgrounds, when I went to download my video (after 2 whole days mind you) it said I had to pay for 4 assets that I added and it never notified me when I added it in the first place, so I had to redo all those video parts!!
After speaking to them, they said I could use any video assets but to make sure I check that I can add those cuz the ones I added were unavailable! Then why have those in your library?
I’m still editing the same video and I have to keep playing it from the start every time I make a change or if something shifts, which it often does!
Overall their customer support is good but their app sucks!! Lots of time in editing !
Once the video is ready, you have to upgrade further to have it downloaded in a premium quality.
If you add more characters (more than 4), there is an error message saying that it would hinder the quality of the video.

Dotun K.
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Animaker for easy use

Reviewed on 2021/01/19

It's so reliable

Pros

It's so easy to use, and it's results are so fantastic

Cons

The features needs to be increased, so as to achieve a faster results

Response from Animaker

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. The great news as you move to the Enterprise Platform solution there a lot more capabilities, Better Performance, Higher Security, higher quality, Branding, collaboration and much more.

Vusala A.

My experience with Animaker

Reviewed on 2019/04/11

It is my strong view that nowadays support that we get together with the purchased IT product is far more important than the product itself. Because it is the support that gives life to the product and provides value. The level of support I have received from Animaker team has been amazing. These guys are very smart and very helpful and very quick. They have quite a bit of time with me patiently explaining every detail, making me an Animaker guru from a person with literally no IT background. I have managed to produce amazing video content with Animaker and any time I encountered a problem or a bug, Animaker team was right there and right available to fix all the problems for me.

I am received a great value for the money I paid and I am grateful to Animaker team and I highly recommend this product.

Pros

I loved that you do virtually everything in the software. You can animate everything and you can manage the content any way you like. Breakdown by seconds allows you to manage every second of your content

Cons

I think it would be better if a scene would have like 20 to 30 seconds. My view is that 15 seconds too small and may be time consuming.

And I would also love if you could incorporate a feature that helps to animate the characters that we are inserting the way it animates your own characters. For example if I could import my daughters image and could have her move her arm or leg.

It would also be great if we could import a video as well and manage it. For example I have a video of my daughter running, I could insert it to a scene, removed the background and have her run in Animaker's background

Leann W.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Learning Comes to Life!

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

Makes my presentations engaging and helping students retain and learn new information!

Pros

The pure creativity of Animaker makes presentations and learning fun! All of the features and animation options are endless and make presenting and teaching new information fun!

Cons

Animaker takes some time to learn all of the features and how to implement them in your animations.

Edo M.

Simple and nice on-line software solution for simple and nice animations

Reviewed on 2017/10/19

This is a good solution for any animation that You need (for Your YOUTUBE channel, business presentation, promotional video,...). In short period of time it's possible to make simple and nice animations that are needed. With extra effort it's possible to make something more (student projects in animation for example).

Pros

This is a simple and easy to use web-based solution for short animations. User interface is nice one, clean and simple so user can make it's job efficiently. There are plenty of options regarding design and animations (nice quantity of elements for Your creativity), If needed, extra media elements can be uploaded (photos, music, voice over). Tutorial video is one of best that I saw and I suggest to invest Your time in it.

Cons

Whole software is based on obsolete FLASH technology. Today all new web-browsers by default start with FLASH blocked so this is really strange decision. Have problems working with FIREFOX/WATERFOX. Guidelines are missing and grid can't solve that. Loading can be slow sometimes.

Response from Animaker

Hi Edo Modun, thank you for taking time off to share your review of Animaker. Appreciate the efforts. Please sign up, if not already, at www.animaker.com to receive updates on our soon to be launched HTML 5 platform.

Not for amateurs 🙅🏿

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

On a business point of view, or the do it yourself type, it will work. It gives you what you need, not much I can say about it though, it's functional, just doesn't have that wow factor.

Pros

The free themes, pics, transitions, etc are very well done. It can work with minimal effort (with some exceptions). The quality is good. The animations are good. The support and tip system is good. Basically, nothing truly stood out for me, but it is workable.

Cons

Now don't get me wrong, if you have delved into the animating world, know how to ticker around with software or maybe you're just a quick study, you can find this quite fulfilling, but if you've pulled up on this for the first time, it is really confusing. The software is mediocre for someone like me who has used others.

Natalie W.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Explainer video creation

Reviewed on 2020/06/17

Great software just can be very limiting even when moving into the paid subscriptions.

Pros

The option to use the software for free was what initially caught our eye after looking for software to create engaging visual content, in the main this software offers a great cartoon-like platform to create your visual aids.

Cons

The limited amount of characters available although you can customise them can be a struggle and even when we looked at upgrading the plan to a paid subscription there are still quite a lot of limitations. It can be quite expensive to get a good amount of characters unlocked, maybe they could look at creating an option where you can pick the services you want within your price range, for example we would have prefered characters over customer support.

Emmanuel V.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Useful Product And Best Of Brand Support

Reviewed on 2020/08/14

Awesome, very helpful and full-feature.

Pros

Useful, I found the TTS (text to speech) very useful.
Whenever I needed support Bob was right there and assisted and guided me with ease.
Great that I was able to use Grammarly.

Cons

In some places Animaker isn't intuitive thus needed a few pointers here and there.

Renzo M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Animaker Review

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

Great it can be better but in general Awesome

Pros

How easy was to handle and how easily is get the items

Cons

If I add 1 or more seconds to the video the items didnt group up I had to do it one by one

Ishwarya P.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great product and prompt customer service

Reviewed on 2020/08/30

Great

Pros

The product was very easy to use and the service was excellent

Cons

It would've been better if the characters could interact with the properties

Jillian O.

False and Deceptive Advertising

Reviewed on 2021/03/09

My experience with Animaker has been horrible. I will not only not use this product, I will recommend that others not use it either.

Pros

I was very interested in using this product and recommending it to others until my experience with them led to utter disappointment.

Cons

I bought the product as it was advertized that the watermark would be removed. It isn't removed as advertized. I couldn't use the product and immediately asked for a refund where I was subjected with increasing insulting responses where they would not respond to my concerns.

Shradha S.

Best place to make animated videos.

Reviewed on 2017/11/09

Pros

The stylish pre-designed templates makes it so easy to narrate the entire storyboard to the audience.

Cons

For the best features to be activated, you need to sign up for the premium account. Trial version has limited features.

Response from Animaker

Thank you Shradha Sharma. Appreciate the time and effort taken to share your thoughts. As you might be aware, Animaker offers the world's largest library of animated assets to its subscribers. Please reach out to our support team for any help as you continue to use Animaker for creating exciting videos.

Marie yan xin N.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great for Animations!

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

Pros

Drag interface, easy to customise and navigate around.

Cons

I still have some issues loading my animos.

Rodney G.

Poor product; worse business

Reviewed on 2018/09/27

Animaker's product and customer service was so weak I ended up going elsewhere to produce my marketing video.

Pros

Some of the sample videos look amazing.

Cons

Annual plan didn't cover all my needs. Decided not to use the product for my final video after 2 weeks of use. Didn't cancel my annual recurring charge. They didn't email a billing reminder until after the fact and refused my refund (by not responding to my support requests). It seems they don't have enough happy, paying subscribers, so their business model is to essentially "steal" money from as many trial users as possible, even if those users aren't actually using their product.

Beth K.

Great options with the free trial

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Pros

I just started using Animaker and absolutely love how easy it is to create animated videos as an amateur, especially starting with a template.

Cons

It's hard to track down how to edit some of the graphics/options but the tutorial videos are extremely helpful with navigating that.

Madison H.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Madison's Animaker Review

Reviewed on 2018/09/09

Pros

I love that you can make the avatars do different things.

Cons

I really wish you either didn't have to pay for premium or could pay for individual avatars, etc.

Miguel P.

Excellent for animation videos

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Pros

- you have access to a lot of pre-made templates
- you can export your video in 720p or 1080p depending on your price plan
- you can use unlimited fonts on your videos

Cons

- you have a limited number of videos you can make per month (depending on your plan)
- its only for animation videos

Sabrina M.
  • Industry: Market Research

I did an amazing video resume with Animaker

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

The software is very easy to use, otherwise, you have lots of tutorials, helping you using it. Moreover, they have great basics videos that you can use in case you're running out of creativity. You can create amazing things, videos.. with the software they have lots of logos, pictures, backgrounds, etc. Oh yeah before I forgot they have amazing customer service ! At each email I sent they answered in the following minute.

Pros

Cons

The only cons is that we can't upload videos on the video we're creating, I had to use another software for that. Sometimes the software is lagging so I had to change my navigator several times, but it's no big deal it's worth it.

Marcos G.

A very good online application for anyone to create attractive and modern content in minutes

Reviewed on 2018/07/03

Pros

We reviewed this application for our company, since we have the need to publish a large volume of engaging educational videos. After trying it we can say that it is very easy to understand and use, even if you do not have much experience editing. They have very good tutorial videos that teach you how to get the most out of the program.
They also have one of the largest element libraries I've seen. In addition, the illustrations, characters and graphics in general are very cool and impressive.
In relation to competitors, they have practically the same functionalities as the biggest ones, such as the possibility of loading elements from your computer, like images, audios, videos and using them in your edition.

Cons

Not many things to say here... Since its a web application, that works in flash, it depends a lot on the internet connection you have. Additionally, if your equipment is not very modern, it could be annoying to make very complex editions.
In the end we decided on another option due to the characteristics that they had in relation to the price of the offered plans.

Omer S.
  • Industry: Printing

Amazing Animations and Easy to Use Online Software

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

I simply love it.

Pros

You need not download any kind of software to use this online app. All your data will be saved in your Animaker account. Prices of advanced packages are not so high as compared to some others and the website is extremely userfriendly followed by many online templates which are free to use and edit. Very easy to follow demo instructions. Its really fin to create your own animated character and use them in the ready-made video templates which does not require much editing. You can easily find sample templates and replace the character with your own character or choose one from the available characters.

Cons

Right now the software is new and does not have so many templates and character animations. But it is being updated very fast and variety of many more templates and animated video categories are being introduced now. The second issue is the video preparing and processing takes too much time and original created video inside the editor colors are a little bit different if compared to the processed video.

Josiah A.

Animaker gives everything Powtoon offers... for a better price

Reviewed on 2017/11/18

Animaker makes it easy to create a flashy, engaging presentation that attracts young and old viewers alike. Creative transitions and stylistic graphics enhance the final product.

Pros

Animaker is the equivalent of how Powtoon was a couple years back. The interface and functionality isn't state-of-the-art, but it gets the job done. The tool enables creators to easily create engaging presentations/videos in a short amount of time. Their specialty is cartoon-themed presentations. Unlike Powtoon, Animaker allows users to actually export their video without upgrading, although it will include a watermark. This is far better than Powtoon's solution, which is to let creators create a stunning video, and then tell them they have to upgrade to download it.

Cons

While Animaker is great for the most part, there are some negatives. Transitions aren't seamless - they can be a bit disorienting at times. Also, the preset themes aren't the best. Finally, the site is pretty heavy with graphics, so a slow computer may not be able to handle it. Those are the only negatives I can think of at the moment. Overall, Animaker delivers, even if it's not been updated as recently as Powtoon, its major competitor. Just be aware that in order to produce a high-quality, polished creation, you're going to need to upgrade.

Response from Animaker

Hello Josiah Aviles, this is Val Subbaiah from Animaker, Inc. How are you? Thank you for taking time off to share your thoughts on Animaker.

As you might be aware, Animaker has the largest library of assets to help our subscribers use them to create exciting videos. On an ongoing basis, we keep building this library of assets.

Yesterday we launched over 40 new transitions to help our users. Armed with these effects, you can now make awesome videos with butter smooth transitions.

To know more about these new effects, please visit https://blog.animaker.com/new-transition-effects

Animaker is on a mission to make video making exciting, user friendly and extremely easy. Please keep the feedback coming. Request you to try the new transition effects and share your feedback on the same.

Thank you for your valuable time and with warm regards,

Val Subbaiah | Animaker, Inc | [email protected]

Ian S.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Invest in premium versions to get the best out of Animaker

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

While the software was very good and worked well I feel that after doing a few animations you may quickly use up the suite of objects before all your videos start looking the same. Either that or i need more imagination.

Pros

It's very easy to use and you can create quick and simple animations very easily
great for corporate videos
web based so you can collaborate with people in different locations

Cons

There are various payment levels, but even with some of the paid versions the number of objects available was a bit ungenerous

• Industry: Broadcast Media

Simple to use & Extremely useful

Reviewed on 2018/09/15

Pros

Lot of characters, animations, props. You can almost create anything you want. Customer support was very helpful.
Especially Infographics, Whiteboard animations are world class. We almost use Animaker for all our social campaigns.

Cons

There are few app regulations need to be followed as a User to have a good video making experience. If we follow that Animaker will give you a better experience. Especially like Quality settings & GPU settings so you can avoid lag.

Also waiting for the Enterprise version to use the app with our whole team.

Simon L.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Great customer service

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

I had a positive experience with Animaker and would certainly use it again.

Pros

For the creation process, I really didn't notice this software was only in beta. I had a great time creating my project, and I think the options for the free trial are already extensive. As I'm a student, I currently won't have a lot of use for this software, but when I graduate and I can use your product, I'll certainly recommend this. As the waiting time was quite long, I was also helped by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from customer service. They were really kind, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] fixed my problem within an hour of my communication. They deserve a raise! ;)

Cons

The processing time was extensive. This is only normal though, as it's still in beta. I have nothing more to add, my experience with this software was just positive!

Vuk V.
  • Industry: Market Research
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Great software!

Reviewed on 2019/07/09

Pros

It's interface is very user friendly, almost like setting up a ppt presentation. It has a lot of cool features, great animation techniques and once you get the hang of it, it becomes very easy to use.

Cons

The only thing I would improve is the animation voices, e.g. when I wanna add a voice to read over a text I wrote it still sounds like a computer generated voice. I know there probably isn't much one can do about this at this point, but that's the one thing I would like to see improved in the future.