Showing 51 reviews of 41

Showing 51 reviews of 41
Kim T.

Denali Fund Cost Effective for Small Municipalities

Reviewed on 2018/10/15

We have used Cougar Mountain for many years and Denali FUND since its inception. Cougar Mountain is very open to feedback and suggested improvements. Their customer support is terrific!

Pros

We get full functionality for our small town government office at a cost we can afford.

Cons

Lack of regional training. Thankfully, it is very user friendly and the HELP features are effective.

Amanda J.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Cougar Mountain Inventory

Reviewed on 2016/12/16

The customer support system is wonderful; however, some of the features such as the copy inventory to multi-location feature have been giving me a real problem.. Especially when I'm adding new items into multiple locations.

Pros

Its easy to use.

Cons

I wish that I could pull inventory reports by date specific, also the copy new inventory gives me some trouble

Deb R.

Compliment

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

Pros

Your support team is awesome, so knowledgeable and friendly.

Cons

I would like to be able to customize reports without having to purchase Crystal software, or any other software.

Lezah S.

Denali Review

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

I was a Cougar Mountain user and I switched to another program. I had nothing but issues with the new program. Now I am back and loving Denali. It was very easy to switch back and the support staff helped me get up and running smoothly.

Pros

Ease of entering information and retrieving data.

Cons

I want to scroll through payroll reports and that is not possible.

Laurie D.

Church Accounting

Reviewed on 2017/01/06

Our overall experience with Denali Fund Accounting has been positive. For the most part, it is straightforward and easy to use. What we really appreciate is the ability to keep funds completely separate and to always know what is in each fund.

Pros

The ability to keep funds completely separated.

Cons

What drew me to the software was the ease of transferring money from one fund to the other. It turned out to not be so easy.

Bill E.

Denali for church accounting

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

I have used Denali for four years and have been pleased with it. Previously we were using a different software but that system does not handle fund accounting well. Denali is a full function fund accounting system that works extremely well for our church accounting needs. Currently, I track 13 separate funds. My only disappointment with Denali is the built-in reports are made for non-profit sales type organizations so I must still use Excel to produce the monthly reports for my various ministries. Other than that, it is a great choice for my needs.

Alyssa H.
  • Industry: Government Administration

New customer with Denali.

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

So far everyone I have talked to has been so friendly and helpful! The training was easy and Jeremy is so patient and helpful! I think we will really like Denali as soon as we get it all up and going!

Pros

It is easy to navigate.

Kim T.

Best Value for Local Governments with Limited Funds

Reviewed on 2016/12/22

Denali FUND is very user friendly and performs all required tasks for small government...PLUS some additional features and functionality. Excellent customer service makes upgrades and report customization easy-peazy. Easy payroll and tax filing/depositing made easy, too.

Have used Pontem and BS&A and Denali FUND is far better and more economical.

Lezah S.

Denali Fund Accounting is accurate

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

Denali Fund Accounting is very accurate. I rarely have a software issue. I have been using this product over 20 years. I have used other Fund accounting programs and have come back to Denali. It is straight forward and easy to use. It does not have tons of bells and whistles, but it is reliable and accurate. The program works. I use GL, AP, BR and Payroll modules. They integrate well together. You can have custom reports built for your specific use. I like their CD service for upgrades.

Pros

It is accurate. Easy to use. I trust the software . My reports are accurate.

Cons

Sometimes you cannot print in a module by using "Ctrl P

David G.
  • Industry: Accounting

Fund accounting and Cougar Mtn. customer service

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

The thing that frustrates me the most about your program with the issues it does have is not the program. It is the customer service as it pertains to how you justify your billing me. Recently I had an issue with the payroll module and sent information in to be reviewed. This turned into a 2-hour phone call that cost me. The instructions in your help and field names is misleading. So misleading that the rep and I couldn't figure out what was going on during that 2-hour phone call. I finally figured it out and sent a follow-up email to you guys. What I got was a wasted two hours and a bill on my training hours. Not happy at all as well when it cost me to point out errors when your system has errors in it, like the new drill down report in the Audit Trail, and I get billed for it. Do not only do I get billed for something that wasn't even clear to Kevin. I get billed for pointing out calculation problems with your program. Why should I get billed for bringing things up that are incorrect in the way your program works or process errors that your staff can't point out? I am not happy with the end result of your customer service! Those who help me are great in the eagerness to help, but those who make the real customer service calls on the billing I am very disappointed in their decisions. So much so... I would warn any prospective client of yours to beware. You do not seem to be able to take ownership of your issues. You pass them on to your customers.

Pros

I like how it allocates. But I hate it that once in the system, the system treats every transaction in the allocation as a separate transaction instead of an allocation.

Cons

The accounting program has to be accurate and data usable. I have found problems in your program and was told it that it was not meant to be used as an auditing tool. My response is it should be accurate! It is an accounting program. On the data useful side, it is not as useful as your sales staff made it out to be for FUND accounting. To get our billing out last month I had to sort through 40 pages of transactions and do hand calculations to meet the requirements of our fund managers. I get to do that again this month. Makes me wonder how this is supposed to be a program that is for FUND accounting. Yes, your company is aware of my frustration here and the kind of reporting is needed.

Wendy J.

The staff are very helpful.

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

Pros

I like that it intrgrates with the other modules or that you can use each module individually. I am interested in how the payment process will work with our desk top in the sales module.

Cons

It is a bit more costly then our other software was I do not like that I cannot take a debit payment and have it integrate directly with Denali. We use Moneris and I do not know what we could use that would do that.

Jeff H.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

PRODUCT REVIEW

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

Pros

Ease of use, ability to create custom reports, manage multiple entities

Cons

The user interface needs improvement. Transition from previous solution takes some time and proper planning

Darlene M.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

PROS/CONS

MORE CAPABILITIES AND USER FRIENDLY

Pros

USER FRIENDLY, AS WELL AS, MORE CAPABILITIES

Cons

SMALL FONT PRINT USED BY CRYSTAL REPORTS

Chris E.

Great solution for a small business or a big corporation

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

Pros

Easy integration, set up and implementation was a breeeze

Cons

Learning curve from older version, but great support

Bill E.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Wading through the frustrations of Cougar Mountain's Denali System

Reviewed on 2014/12/09

Pros

It is a very good fund accounting system. Keeping many funds in balance is the reason I bought the system, and it does that well once you learn the intricacies of the confusing account structure.

Cons

I was told that you could easily customize reports like P&L, Balance Sheet, etc., but that's not so. The standard reports are not customizable unless you buy Crystal Reports software and can figure out how to use that software. I could not, so I must pay a tech to produce any special reports. You can download to Excel, but that is what I used to do with QuickBooks at 1/10th of the price.

Gretchen m C.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great people to work with

Reviewed on 2018/09/24

Pros

Easy to use when getting started. Leads the user through the process.

Cons

Getting started using the software. Just transferring over data.

Stephanie H.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Very affordable

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

Importing necessary info delegating items and accounts

Pros

Easy to use and helpful customer care ,importing functionality

Cons

Need to offer more detailed accessories in order to keep better track of financials

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Very early in conversion process...

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

Once our actual conversion is complete, hopefully by the end of the calendar year, I believe our reporting to our funders will be much easier. We are hoping to do away with all or at least most of our supplemental Excel workbook processing and letting Denali Fund do its magic

Pros

The ability to track grant funds - multiple levels in accounts, reporting etc - 30,000 foot view or in the weeds! Our organization has federal grants, private grants, corporate sponsorships, etc., all with different reporting requirements and budgets. We also have 7 locations and Denali Fund is able to track by the funding sources and locations. We are very early in our use of the software - still converting in the middle of our fiscal year. I'm sure we will only be using a small percentage of the software's capability in the beginning but as our organization grows, we will appreciate all of the funtionality.

Cons

The conversion process is a bit tedious. We are going from Quickbooks Online to Denali fund and converting data is timely and a bit inefficient unless we could afford the additional support level that would be required for getting Quickbooks records into Denali.

Mary P.

Support is Wonderful

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

Reporting is always a big problem. With Denali FUND we are able to export into files that import easily into Excel and then we can produce reports that make sense for our municipality.

Pros

The support has been fantastic. From implementation to ongoing use, all we have to do is call for help. We almost always get an answer within an hour.

Cons

Payroll setup felt cumbersome but in the long run, the setup was worth it. We now get reports with each payroll that split taxes between departments.

Kermic p B.
  • Industry: Accounting

Very pleased with functions

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

None

Pros

It fits any business - I have had over 25 installation - all different industries and Cougar works

Cons

Very few complaints
Accounts Receivable module should post in summary like it does in Bank Rec

Heather A.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Very User Friendly, Needs Almost No Training

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

Pros

Ease of use, multiple reports with different parameters, shortcut keys. Customer service is excellent. Reps are super friendly and take time to explain how-tos and/or how they are fixing problems.

Cons

I have found absolutely no cons for this software.

Angie W.

Denali Review

Reviewed on 2016/12/09

Denali Fund Software is relatively easy to use. A good value for the money. Customer Service has always been helpful.

Pros

Most of the software is easy to use. Has some good report options. I like the ability to copy accounts and funds.

Cons

I do not like the posting process. I do not like that errors cannot be corrected after posting. I would like to see a better GL option. The GL audit report is hard to read - needs a better format.

Natalie H.

CMS - Denali

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

Pros

The software has functions that protect the company from fraud. It is very detailed and the history is easy to look back.

Cons

The price of tech support for just asking a simple question.

John J.

Denali POS Review by Wine Rack

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

Pros

Integration of POS Sales, INV & Account modules, along with stellar customer support.

Cons

Sales screen (Order Entry) could be easier to read with larger font, & less wasted white space.

Marie P.

Great Customer Service, efficent software program

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

Pros

Customer service is always friendly and knowledgeable. Denali offers many options to add on based on your needs as a business.

Cons

Not a big fan of the general ledger function