Kennel Booker

Mobile & cloud kennel management & online booking software

Andy F.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Easy to use, but very powerful.

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

It makes running my cattery so much easier.

I can't say there's anything that I don't like about KennelBooker. There have been a couple of things where I've thought "This could be better", and I've emailed the rep and he's fixed it the very next day!

Pros

KennelBooker includes everything I've needed to get my Cattery admin running smoothly - customer and pet records, booking schedule, at-a-glance views of which rooms are in use at any one time... On top of that, it has an excellent, yet simple, online booking tool for customers to use. It's mobile friendly too, so I can easily check the schedule and confirm online bookings when I'm out and about. I've been able to start slowly, making use of only the bits I needed, and then started using more and more of the features as I've settled into the business. First I just used it for bookings, then I started logging vaccination details, then uploading scans of vaccination certificates, pet photos, dietary notes, then I turned on the online booking, and now I'm exploring the online payments integration.
One of the customer rep is very responsive to feedback and has made a couple of tweaks that I've asked for very quickly.

Good support to change the program for your needs

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Pros

Good support group to work with to get the software set up the way you operate your business

Cons

Basic reporting is good, but in depth data hard to get.
Not good for accrual based accounting.

Response from Shanree Solutions

Hi - thanks for the review and feedback, We do allow kennels to export their booking data into excel of more in depth analysis. Also we can add custom reports into the software if there is a specific way you wish to view your booking data.

We are working on integrations for both Quickbooks and Xero accountancy software packages - which are better suited to handling the complexities of actual based accounting.

Nicole H.

Easy to use all around

Reviewed on 2018/10/30

Kennel Booker makes doing business easy.

Pros

We were growing faster than I could keep track of all my pet vaccines and client information. Kennel Booker was a perfect solution for us. Now it is easy to keep track of all our pet and client information and Kennel Booker alerts me when vaccines are out of date. One less thing to look up when booking return clients. I can schedule for my specific site, runs, and services, sending tailored confirmation emails for all. The support we got when setting up for our site was wonderful. They were super attentive and helpful, walking us through each question we had, even adding new features that addressed specific things we wanted!

Cons

The only thing I wish I could do on Kennel Booker is to sort my financial/payment information by payment date, rather than just by booking/stay date. Lots of our clients split payments between drop-off and pick-up. When they are in the same month, its not a big deal, but when it crosses two months, my financial data is off.

Shana M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Purrfect for cat hotels!

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

We noticed that a cat hotel in Southern California was using KB. After having had many demos from competitors that did not impress me because their solutions offered way too much for what we needed, even as we expand, we selected Kennel Booker. We made the absolute right decision. Despite being voluminous information on virtually everything on KB, I tend to take the lazy route sometimes and inquite via Chat. Stephen is highly responsive, informtive, and gracious never missing a beat. He has accommodated suggestions we've had on improving the customer experience which speaks volumes about Kennel Booker's desire to help its customers succeed.

Pros

Very user-friendly, intuitive system. I really like that KB is designed for maximum efficiency while not compromising efficacy. I also really like that I'm not paying 3x as much to use a program that I'm using only 30% of features / functionality - which is a waste. I am used to working with CRM software that has so many features and functionality that go unused. However, what I like the most is that we receive excellent customer service from Kennel Booker. That really makes all the difference in any industry, particularly for small business owners.

Cons

The only downside for us is that we cannot accept Discover payments for customers here in the US. This may be a Stripe issue not a KB issue as I know KB accepts Discover in other countries and Stripe has that option so it may just be that we are in the US. So far none of our customers have complained so not at all fatal. We just have not been able to figure out the problem.

Juliette J.

Kennel Booker Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

I've been a Kennel Booker user for about a year now and I've seen how much more user friendly it has become. Any time I had a question or needed a feature added, the team was always so helpful and responded very quickly.

Pros

I love how I can customize nearly everything to fit my business and any feature that I may need, the team helps create it for me!

Cons

Right now, the struggle I'm having is creating daycare package bookings. Because I have my daycare clients pay during the booking process, I have it set so they are not able to book packages themselves. I have to create them in order to apply credit. I have to keep the packages set as unavailable so they don't see it as an option and turn it on when I'm ready to book. Unfortunately, this last time someone requested it, the package option wasn't available to me so I had to charge the package amount for a regular daycare booking and will have to remember to zero out the remaining days as they get booked.

Greg M.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

You cant find better than Kennel Booker

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Excellent and we have trialled a lot of packages. We are in Australia and the software is very configurable. Very good customer service and rapid fix if anything found out of ordinary.

Pros

Excellent online software and compatible with all devices that we have. Makes taking bookings without hardly any interaction from us. Integrated payments with stripe work excellent.

Cons

Very hard to fault. Looking forward to Quickbooks integration to keep accountant happy.

Response from Shanree Solutions

Thanks for the review Greg,

Quickbooks and Xero integrations are on the way!

Rebekah T.

Brilliant!

Reviewed on 2017/01/10

The first thing that comes to mind is how amazing the representative was, his customer service skills are exceptional. Any questions I have are answered very quickly despite the time zones and he is willing to help us accomplish what we need to for our business. I have yet to find someone as willing and patient.

I also really really like Kennelbooker itself. I tried a few different sites but as soon as I tried this one I knew it was going to be good. With his help, it's perfect for our business and it's extremely easy to use which is great as we need something quick and reliable.

I like the representative is constantly looking to improve the software which is great for us. I am excited to use Kennelbooker to its full capacity, especially with the new updates coming soon.

Overall, I would strongly recommend this to anyone who is looking for easy to use software, value for money and great customer service.

Pros

Easy to use, it looks professional, lots of customizable features.

Cons

I haven't found anything yet that I have a problem with as you can customize so much to suit your needs.

Stephenie V.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Small kennel with big software

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Pros

Online booking for clients, auto email confirmation and postcard.

Cons

Our kennel is small we just have boarding and daycare...I would like to have the complete software with the accounting.

Macaully S.

Skip the rest, this program is the best hands down.

Reviewed on 2016/07/03

I tried several highly rated programs before luckily finding kennelbooker.com. It's the easiest, most efficient program out there. The customer service is superb and they immediately met all my needs tailoring the program to what I needed. And it's half the price of the other less efiecient programs. Plus there was no set up fee. Why? Because it was so easy to learn I don't need any help setting it up. Do yourself a favor and skip all the rest. This program is hands down the best out there!

Pros

It's so easy to use. The customer service is prompt and is able to tailor the program to your companies needs.

Cons

Hmmm honestly I have no complaints.

Lisa B.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Kennel Booker

Excellent customer support

Pros

Ease to use, and customer support. good tuturials

Cons

Some functions not needed for NZ market and aren't able to be taken off

Tamara I.

Absolute time saver

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

When we began using Kennel Booker we were having issues with losing track of care plans and keeping up with what each client needs. Kennel Booker has been great.

Pros

The kennel saver has been an amazing asset to our business. I not only work in a vet clinic, but we also have a groomer that utilizes our kennel space. With kennel saver we have the ability to book and label patients that are visiting with us. This helps us keep track of exactly what each patient is being seen for.

Cons

We have not really found any cons at this time. We really enjoy using this software, and it helps us stay organized and efficient.

Tyler B.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Excellent Booking Program!

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Pros

Very easy to use and very easy to navigate.

Cons

I wish the customers info was available on every page

Dawn G.

Very Simple Software For Kennel Owners

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

If you aren't extremely tech savvy, or simply looking for a very easy way to manage your kennel business- Kennel Booker really can't be beat. It's extremely intuitive and takes only a few minutes to really figure out all of the features. If you're looking for software with a lot of extra features, there are better options out there.

Pros

Out of all of the kennel boarding software that I have used, Kennel Booker is by far one of the simplest interfaces. It's very easy to navigate and has a very simple layout that makes booking, tracking, and managing appointments very easy. If you have a kennel that provides other services (daycare, training, etc) you can also manage all of those aspects in the same place- and can even view all appointments varying different services on the same page- which is very nice if you have only one or two employees managing all aspects of your work.

Cons

I have switched to other boarding software that had a few more features. This software is definitely a "no frills" approach to dog boarding organization- but there are other options out there that have a much more in depth interface. I prefer softwares with more features that really allow me to manage every single little aspect of my business in one place.

Allyson N.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

A must for dog park owner

Reviewed on 2018/10/24

It is a great program and has definitely made keeping track of customers much easier.

Pros

Organization of each customer. Picture of pet and vaccinations all available

Cons

The post cards with pics aren't easy to attach and send. I would like to be able to take a pic from my phone and insert with a note and send to customer. Would also like Kennel cards to have larger pics

Response from Shanree Solutions

Hi Allyson,

If you log into KennelBooker from your smartphone, you can attach images straight from your camera, we also let you customise the text of the postcard template to save you a bit of time when writing notes to customers especially when on a phone.

For the Kennel Cards we do have a number of templates that you can use and there is one which displays a larger image of the pet!

You can find the templates here https://www.kennelbooker.com/kennels/sitesettings_boarding.aspx#runcards

Jane V.

very satisfied

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

My overall experience has been great. If I have a question it is answered promptly, and they have been able to change the programing to suit my facilities pricing.

Pros

It allows me to access the site from my phone, ipad, or computer

Cons

would like small tweeks to the program, IE: adding drop off and pick up times to the invoices, and adding the pets names to the invoices.

Response from Shanree Solutions

Hi Jane, Thanks for the review and the feedback, I'll be popping out an update to KennelBooker at the weekend to show the drop-off and pick-up times on the receipt along with the pets name!!

Kim F.

Worth the money

Reviewed on 2018/08/03

Professional and helpful. There is a chat icon which pops up sometimes when you are in the software. The ability to chat with the team in real time is priceless.

Pros

The customer service is great. Even being 8 hrs behind customer service. The team gets back to you as soon as possible.
I like the fact that we can do everything mobile /real-time which gives you a step ahead of your competition.

Cons

Been using it for a month so we are still getting the bugs out so I can't say.

Sam W.
  • Industry: Music

One of the best moves I did for my cattery business!

Reviewed on 2017/02/02

I had looked at many software programs for my business and always found fault with them. Then I came across KennelBooker! It has changed my life for the better. So easy to use, even to the extent my staff who are not tech savvy at all have found there way around the program very easily.
It has allowed me to maximise my time so much more efficiently.
Whenever I have ever needed help, they answer my queries very quickly which is fantastic.
If your looking to make the move I could not recommend KennelBooker highly enough.

Pros

Ease of use, time efficient, lots of different uses.

Cons

Cannot fault it.

Christine Y.

Just Perfect

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

I needed a software that was easy to use and set up and Kennel Booker met my needs at an affordable price

Pros

Kennel Booker was exactly what i was looking for, no additional bells and whistles just what I need. It was easy to set up and easy to use. I could customize it easily

Cons

The training module cant be customized too much, but I work around it

Stacy D.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Very user friendly

Reviewed on 2018/10/28

Definitely minimizes the clerical work. It does take time to getting it customized to fit our needs.

Pros

It can be customized to suit your needs. It’s seems very basic at first but can be built the way you want it. Customer service is pretty helpful too

Cons

Invoices, etc can’t be sent digitally. Downloading the PDF to send to clients is time consuming and wastes space

Response from Shanree Solutions

Hi Stacy,

Thanks for the review!

We added a new feature a couple of months back to allow you to create and send an invoice directly from KennelBooker - I've added a link below to our knowledge base article on the feature.

Katie J.

LOVE KB - Excellent program and has everything I need to run my business

Reviewed on 2017/01/09

I must of looked at 10 plus kennel programs before choosing Kennel Booker. I am so glad I did choose KB. Very easy to use and train staff on. Stephen is very good to work with, always happy to hear your ideas and take them on board and add it the program. Online payment system talks perfectly to the customers booking. I am also looking forward to new features what will be added in 2017. 110% makes my life easier!

Pros

easy to use, Stephen is great to deal with

Cons

there are little things here and there but it is nothing major.

Christina N.

Best kennel software out there

Reviewed on 2018/04/13

Pros

- if they don't have an application you need there willing to figure out how to add it for you
-super easy to learn
-all of our records are now in one place

Cons

I really wish it could integrate with a processor other than stripe, maybe square other than that it is great

Heather M.

This program has been great for my business! Cost effective and works great.

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

Pros

I like a few things most about this software. First is the fact that it has helped me to organize my boarding business and stay on top of bookings. Second the very reasonable price compared to other programs.

Casey K.

Rockin K Kennels

Reviewed on 2018/10/24

Pros

I love that I can make reservations and adjustments from anywhere!

Cons

I wish I could reset customers passwords for them.

Amy B.

The Best Kennel Software Ever!

Reviewed on 2017/01/13

We started using this Kennel Booker after trying a few others that claimed that they were easy to use and had great support - which was never the case. We lucked out and purchased this product. The best thing we could ever do for our new and growing business. Customer Service could not be better, and if I think of something, a simple email and normal response is within 15 minutes, if not sooner. Software is easy to use and price is great! I can check for appointments and boarding anywhere at any time on computer/ smartphone or tablet. Records can be scanned in or entered manually. Thank you rep and crew for always being here for us, you make our business your business!!

Derek H.

A great solution with Incredible support!

Reviewed on 2017/10/23

Pros

KennelBooker is a thoroughly modern solution that fits very well with how we run our kennel. I thought I had exhausted the internet looking for kennel administration software and was ready to find an SQL developer and build my own when I found Kennelbooker.

Best of all, one of the customer rep has provided an incredible level of support throughout the entire process, answering multiple questions before we even started the free trial period.

Cons

Doesn't (yet!) have the availability to book our training classes. However, the customer rep was more than willing to discuss this need with us and look into adding it to the software.