The Service Program

QuickBooks add-on for handling service company management

Jeff F.
  • Industry: Accounting

Outstanding Product

Reviewed on 2020/11/28

For the past 12 years I have used this software, I have been more than satisfied with not only the Service Program but the customer service/tech support as well. The only very minor problems I have had with the program was due to my lack of not performing the updates. When notifying tech support through the software they would respond within minutes and conduct the updates for me immediately.
This is an outstanding product and a first class tech company!

Pros

I run a small pond/lake management business. Twelve years ago I wanted to expand my customer base but did not want to hire an office person or bookkeeper to process the additional invoicing or paper work. I needed a software program that had these features:

1. On a mobile device for use in the field.
2. Customizable.
3. Capable of recording data and creating a sales ticket.
4. Had to interface with QuickBooks for month-end invoicing, eliminating all double entry into an accounting program.
5. Reliable and easy to use.
6. Affordable

Not only did the Service Program meet all of my criteria but has exceeded my expectations.

Cons

The Service Program does allow some legacy data retrieval on a mobile device but it is a bit cumbersome to access. This is not the case on the desktop.

Response from Westrom Software

We appreciate you taking the time to provide such a detailed review. We're so pleased to hear of your success with The Service Program!

Your insight helps to ensure we are not only providing software built to industry standards but quality customer service as well.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Ross A.
  • Industry: Events Services

Great value for the money and reliable

Reviewed on 2017/06/16

The software helps us communicate and make sure we are taking care of customers. Equally important, the software helps us make sure we are billing for the service we provide - especially when the customer makes changes.

Pros

The program integrates with Quickbooks and works well over our network with multiple users (3). Even when we have an unexpected reboot of a computer, etc. the data is safe. For a small company this piece of software is affordably priced and helps us be more productive and take care of our customers. For as long as we have used the software we have not found anything we feel would be better for us. Customer Service has always been able to solve our technical issues.

Cons

We would like more communication about upgrades, feature priorities and timelines. Being able to easily customize reports would be a huge plus.

Response from Westrom Software

We appreciate your kind words and continued business since March 2014.I shared your comments to our Customer Support and Training team members..
They work hard every day to support our valued clients's business needs.
Have a nice day, God Bless.

Tim W.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Customer Service like no other!

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Pros

Customer service is great! I know when we email with a request we will always get a response. The tech support via live chats is a great way to solve simple issues as well. If a feature is not currently available TSP is always willing to customize things so we are able to do/show what we want. This program has allowed us to introduce mobile devices in the field for our pool techs which can then be tracked live back at the store. It has helped keep “misses” from happening. The quickbooks integration is seamless and makes short work of what used to take a lot of time.

Cons

Has more features than we will ever use. Would be nice be able to set it up where we only see what we are using. Customization of the toolbar would be an amazing addition to an already impressive software program.

Response from Westrom Software

Thank you for taking the time to review The Service Program. We are especially pleased to hear how well The Mobile Solution is working for your company in the field. Our goal at Westrom is to provide an optimal user experience by providing quality software coupled with superior support options.
It is great to know that after switching pool software, you are using The Service Program to its full potential and we are happy to be there to support you along the way.

Wanda J.
  • Industry: Utilities

Customer service agent has been excellent to help me learn the Service Program.

Reviewed on 2017/09/22

Hopefully, our service and billing will be accurate and timely. Your IT staff has been great to work with finding solutions to all my issues. Thank you.

Pros

The QR labels verify the location and service each unit receives making monthly billing accurate. My goal is for service and billing to be the best in the tri-county area.

Cons

I haven't used TSP enough to see the cons to using this program. When a problem exists I know I can use the chat feature for assistance.

Response from Westrom Software

Thank you for kind remarks. Our Training Professionals and Tech Support Team value your feedback.
We appreciate your company using tracking and mapping with QR Code labels with GEO- Coding all your rentals to streamline communication with field users and your home office. Glad to hear Rental Deliveries, Pick Ups and Cleaning Routes are simple to track with your 2 field people.
You are always welcome to send us your feedback and suggestions on how to improve the software or services we offer. We will do the best we can to ensure you are totally satisfied with our software and customer service. Our goal is to achieve 100% customer satisfaction.

Josh M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Everything we expected it to be and more

Reviewed on 2017/02/15

We are a company in the pool service industry. Gregg and the team at Westrom made the process of getting the service program up and running on our desktop, mobile devices, and customer portal as easy as possible. The customer support has two times a day that you can go and ask questions if you need to and will even send you screen shot emails to help walk you through the process. You need to be a little tech savvy to get to know it at first, but once you get the hang of it makes life a lot easier. We were excited about the fact that our customers can easily manage everything right from their fingertips and is branded with our logo. That saved us Thousands of dollars in development costs and our customers love it. I would highly recommend that anyone take a look at Westrom Software for their solution.

Pros

Mobile application and route optimization.

Cons

Ease of use and GUI

Marie H.

Waste of time and money

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

I am very dissatisfied with my experience with the program. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Pros

Nothing, the program did not route like I had been told that it would. It also had to invoice errors when crossing into Quickbooks. The salesman had made promises regarding the refund that he did not uphold.

Cons

The program did not route the week like I had been told that it would. It also had invoicing errors when crossing in to Quickbooks. I spent several hours inputting data and ultimately the program did not fit the needs I wanted. It was a waste of time and money.

Response from Westrom Software

Our apologies for your negative experience with our software. We strive to maintain a high standard of quality in our products and service.

Upon review of your account, we see that you were provided private training along with screenshots confirming your QuickBooks rental billing and routing using the route configurator were working properly. Although you exceeded your thirty-day guarantee, in an effort to make things right, you were provided a refund of your last month¿s payment, in addition to the original down payment.

We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further. If you would be willing to talk, please give us a call at 866-480-1879.

Cherylyn S.

Time Saving Software

Reviewed on 2019/09/09

Time, scheduling, employee time, sub contractor job entry just to name a few

Pros

It doesn't try to boss my financial software around, so many features you can customize what works for you, reporting features, filtering features, etc. What isn't there to love..

Cons

Initial cost. But, I did appreciate the terms worked out and well worth the money!

Response from Westrom Software

Thank you for taking the time to review The Service Program. As you mentioned, The Service Program was meticulously developed so that it works seamlessly with QuickBooks rather than conflicting with it. We truly appreciate you sharing the many software features that are benefiting your business.

Your feedback is vital to our growth, thanks again for sharing!

Leonard C.

A spread sheet manipulator that is not flexible & will work if you conform to their way of...

Reviewed on 2016/02/01

This system is ideal for A/C Repair, Pool Cleaning, Pest Control, etc. t was designed for just those type businesses. Lawn Care mow and blow operations that get it done no matter what is another business that will be able to use it.

Being in Lawn Care but quality not quantity oriented, sometimes we end up spending extra time that slows down production. There's no quota. We're more of a grounds keeping service that spends time to service all yard issues in one stop.

I attempted to install this product twice. Each time I spent weeks keying data about my customers on different forms that reference and cross reference each other. It is difficult to set up if you have any number of customers. Be careful.

I found that because we spend extra time to do service it was very difficult to manage what work would be scheduled on what day. We work on a two week cycle. My old system had no trouble with that. This system demands a rigid schedule. It seems in order to combine or slip schedules you have to change every task instead of the group. And if I did that the system changed the routing to zig-zag the truck.

They tried desperately to shoe horn me into their model, but it was never going to work. I made several suggestions to them that would have easily improved the flexibility of the system, and, I might have been able to use it, but they chose not to undertake them.

Support during installation is very difficult. There are very small windows of limited availability for training. There is no help text, no documentation, no knowledge base, and some videos that may be helpful to an issue. Also, what they call support is really technical support, to fix broken programming, it's not real customer support. So you either call Training with operational issues and hope that you get a response within 24 hours unless you are fortunate enough to catch them on the phone or you wait.

They are always courteous and attempt to be helpful. But chances are if you are in any way unique they will be stymied. I think they are very limited in their lawn care knowledge area. It's all the same, right?

I can't imagine a large company using this, although I'm sure that they will claim hundreds. With too much keying you can't set this and forget it. A small startup could ease into it because it doesn't require a large financial investment up front and they won't have a lot of customers to start with.

The mobile app fixes all that is what I was told.

Response from Westrom Software

Hi Lenny, we appreciate your feedback. As you are aware, your monthly subscription provided daily open Q&A forums per week to call in speak to a Live Trainer. Tech support is available M-F. and you never used the online help documentation with step by step screen shots, training recordings. We offered an lawn industry coach since your company is unlike hundreds of other landscape companies by schedule routes for customer lawn maintenance. Since you charge per service visit, there is ONE button in software to generate Route Stops to Tasks (populating customer's preferred pricing). Once serviced (by paper or Mobile app) the quick complete generates INVOICES in QBs. No Double entry.. We wish your business well.

Patrick R.

Good Service, Exceptional Customer support

Reviewed on 2021/01/06

Overall experience has been positive. there are many features which our company has implemented that has saved both time and resources. The online portion has made it possible for our company to eliminate nearly 95% of our paper usage

Pros

Product is easy to use, with many helpful online resources available. Product training videos help tremendously in getting new employees integrated into the software

Cons

The software does have glitches like any other software. Normally glitches are resolved within the current day but sometimes small issues linger for a few days.

Response from Westrom Software

Thank you for taking the time to review The Service Program. We are fortunate to have an exceptional support team that doesn't disappoint. Happy to hear that you are taking advantage of our videos and other online resources as well.

As always, your input helps us to build the best software for the industry! We truly appreciate your feedback.

Patrick T.

Great Support

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

Their customer support is the bomb! They are always pleasant and helpful!

Pros

I switched to QB online and switched SP with it. Then, after numerous issues with QB online (terrible support, also), we went back to QB desktop. I needed to switch the SP back at that time. They were really supportive, did it over the weekend, and checked on our company at all times. They have the best IT and support team ever (maybe QB should hire them-LOL). I would definitely recommend SP for use with a pool company! They are great.

Cons

System is very powerful, and it takes getting used to. There are a lot of features and sometimes confusing on how to figure them all out.

Response from Westrom Software

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding The Service Program. As always, we are pleased to hear of your positive experience with our support team. We pride ourselves in our team and on providing feature rich solutions that will help you run your Service, Maintenance and Construction Pool & Spa business as efficiently as possible.

We want you to get the most out of our software! In addition to our dedicated support team, we offer several training options including: a live training forum, private training and an online video training library. We urge you to take advantage of these powerful resources.

Thank you again for recommending us!

Marlene K.

Technical Support is Absolutely the BEST

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

Very very positive!!!

Pros

It has many features. If a feature isn't perfect there is usually a workaround. The technical support team helps modify features if possible or if not, explains options. I can't say enough about the support. You can talk to an actual person every day during a designated time. You can email questions and receive a response in a reasonable timeframe. There is a website with many tutorials. The support makes the software GREAT. I don't care how good a product is, if you don't have good support, it's not a good product. This software has the VERY BEST SUPPORT EVER!

Cons

I would like a help section catalog where you could type your question and suggestions/solutions would pop up. Although there are training videos and they are great, sometime I need more specific answers. However, an email to support gives me my answers :)

Response from Westrom Software

We appreciate you taking the time to provide this detailed review. Customer satisfaction is top priority here at Westrom Software.
Its great to hear that our support team delivers!
We are pleased to hear that you are taking advantage of our online resources and truly value your feedback. Our team is currently in the process of streamlining our robust, 24/7 Online Help Manual to provide our customers with quick solutions to common questions and scenarios at their convenience.

Your feedback helps us learn how we can better enhance the customer experience and provide the best customer service possible. Thanks again for your feedback!

Michele W.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

5 Star Customer Service!!

Reviewed on 2017/04/17

We couldn't be more pleased with our choice for a software company to help our growing portable toilet company!! We extensively researched many companies before choosing The Service Program and couldn't be happier with our choice!! From day 1, the level of friendly, knowledgeable and patient customer service we have received has been excellent. I especially love the LIVE help option that is available. I have never interacted with a company that has provided the feature of two daily opportunities to call in and get the information I need. It has made all the difference. Of course, knowing I can call ANYTIME, even outside the Conference calls is a blessing as well. I never end my work day with any questions as it pertains to making The Service Program work the best it can for our company.
I recently called during one Live Help Session while at one of our sister companies. (Different service, retail industry) A fellow employee overheard the interaction ( I had the call on speaker phone) and commented how friendly, easy and knowledgeable the interaction was. She proceeded to mention that she wished the company they dealt with had the ease of service I had just received.
As I mentioned, we are a growing company and we just doubled our business with the purchase of a competitors company. The Service Program has made this transition seamless for us! We highly recommend The Service Program for your company needs. The value for your money, the friendly customer service and expertise the staff offer far exceeds any in the industry!!

Pros

How I can track our inventory as well as get up to the date driver routes to my drivers.

Cons

N/A

Response from Westrom Software

Thank you so much for such a great review! We work really hard to offer the best software solution for your industry, so I am happy to see that reflected on your implementation. Our professional trainers and technical support professionals remember your excitement to improve your prior process.
We understand that with The Service Program you have streamlined making Rentals a simple process.
Congrats on acquiring a competitor and look forward to a tenured relationship.
Thank YOU!

Cristy R.
  • Industry: Building Materials

The Service Program for Pool Company

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Overall experience with the service program is that it is well worth it's money! The customer support is amazing, and any time I have called with questions, there is always someone willing and able to help me find any possible solutions for my specific difficulties.

Pros

We like that this program is compatible with mobile devices. Our pool techs are able to to take their devices with them out in the field, and complete services while on the go. It also helps keep them on schedule so pools are not "missed". I also like that we can upload it to Quickbooks which makes for ease with our billing.

Cons

The biggest drawback that I have come into contact with with The Service Program is the level of inconvenience when a pool tech is completing a pool for a co-worker. It does not seem to flow very easily when deviating from the normal schedule or the assigned techs.

Response from Westrom Software

Thank you for your positive review! We value your feedback and take it into consideration when developing future builds. If there is something we can improve upon, our development team will do their best to make it happen.

Glad to hear of your positive experience with our support team. It¿s something we hear quite often and we are so proud of it!

Thanks again for taking the time to provide such valuable feedback!

Cindy K.

Always a great experience with customer service & tech support.

Reviewed on 2017/05/03

Pros

Quick tech support response time, helpful & efficient. Training videos very helpful and easy to understand

Cons

Hard to print reports. Could use info on how do get reports printed. like a list of how to print report needed

Response from Westrom Software

Thank you Cindy for your wonderful review. We love our clients! Your 100% satisfaction is our goal.
I understand you brought in a new Service Manager and added a 4th user in the offices. As a reminder, your license provides ongoing software upgrades, Tech Support and access to our Training options.
You are always welcome to send your feedback and suggestions on how to improve the software or services we offer. Westrom Software will do the best we can to ensure you are totally satisfied. Our professionals can assistance in any technical issue you face while using the software, mobile or online customer platform.
One of our industry coaches will be contacting you to confirm simple steps to produce any reports necessary to support your business needs.

Jean B.

This is a very versatile program that supports the septic and portable rental business well.

Reviewed on 2018/06/22

Pros

The system works seamlessly with quickbooks interface. Mapping and routes are easy to process.
Can speak to a knowledgeable person when we have questions.
A lot of customization is already built in and when we have requests the are attended to quickly.

Cons

Response from Westrom Software

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Knowing how our software is beneficial to your industry is particularly useful.

We are pleased to hear of your positive experience with our knowledgeable staff. Our company values customer satisfaction and we will always be committed to our customers! We look forward to working with you again.

Jesse B.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Time Saver

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

We have been able to speed up our billing process and automate it, which results in a tremendous time savings for us. With add on features, the software allows us to grow and not have to find new solutions. This is just the system we needed.

Pros

The integration with Quickbooks has really made invoicing efficient and fast.

Cons

I really like the software. As with any software, there is a bit of a learning curve, but The Service Program is really user friendly and easy to learn.

Response from Westrom Software

Thank you for taking the time to review The Service Program. We pride ourselves in developing software that helps grow your business. Knowing that our software is positively impacting your work flow process by saving you time, lets us know we are on track. Thanks for sharing!

Ken S.

Easy to use and no double entry

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Pros

easy to use and invoices goe straight into quickbooks easily keeps track of equipment and files and love the customer popup notes

Cons

calendar not very useful and cannot customize invoices and quotes to print from the service program!!

Response from Westrom Software

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. It¿s good to know how our software benefits your business and the areas in need of improvement. We are committed to addressing areas of concern within our software by providing solutions, which in your case is to build you a customized template.

Please know, we take your comments and concerns seriously and strive to address them within future updates to our software.

Krista K.

All of that and a bag of chips! :)

Reviewed on 2016/07/09

While the software is very detailed and complicated relative to our current software, our trainer, Michael, has made the process of understanding the software as painless as possible. Our team has teased Michael and suggested that the only thing missing from his relaxed and informative training is a nice glass of wine!

Pros

The software offers our firm the opportunity to organize and execute multiple areas of our business and appears to provide many options with respect to data analysis long term.

Cons

The software is at times "quirky" and complicated. We have found several issues that appear to be very basic to our industry that are still in process for development. Fortunately, the support team seems very interested in addressing the issues that we have presented.

Kelly L.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2017/04/06

Love all the functions and features, it is so easy to use!! Has absolutely streamlined our business.

Response from Westrom Software

Thank you so much for such a great review! We work diligently to offer the best software solution for your industry, so I am happy to see that reflected on your implementation. Our professional trainers remember resolving your 2 minor issues quickly. I made sure Jason got the recognition he deserved. He was happy to see your review.
Thanks for your business. Paul Muller Global Sales Director

Kelley R.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Best routing program out there

Reviewed on 2020/04/23

We are extremely happy with this program, and we highly recommend it to any company needing a scheduling software in the service industry.

Pros

Taking our paper door tags digital has been amazing. The training and customer support has made learning how to use and operate this program a breeze. I couldn't be happier about the change.

Cons

There have been a few minor items that weren't available at first, but an email to the development team has been all that was needed to make the changes I needed to happen.

Response from Westrom Software

Thank you for taking the time to review The Service Program. We are happy to hear of your positive experience with our company as a whole, as we are committed to providing exemplary customer service.

Providing our customers with features in which they can easily communicate with their customers is essential and knowing you are utilizing the digital door tags lets us know we are on track.

Thanks again for your feedback.

-The Westrom Software Team

Penny E.

Service Program Review

Reviewed on 2021/03/03

We are very satisfied with The Service Program and would recommend it.

Pros

The Service Program is very user friendly. We have had no issues with the interaction between The Service Program and Quickbooks. The transfer from our very old ancient data base went surprisingly easy. Tech support for the most part has been very prompt and accurate anytime we have had an issue. Any issues we have had have been very few and far in between and easily fixable.

Cons

Internet based program. Our internet here is awful. We get bounced out of the Service Program when our internet goes down.

Response from Westrom Software

Penny, your review of The Service Program is greatly appreciated. We're happy to hear your data conversion went smoothly which is what we strive for.

It's always nice to hear of the reliability of our Customer Support team as well. Thank you for your feedback!

Robin B.
  • Industry: Events Services

Excellent software for our industry

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Pros

This software is so easy to navigate through on a daily basis. We have a Portable Toilet company and tried another software first that we were not happy with, found Service Program and we are so glad we did. This software makes our job easy, also the technical support is outstanding.

Cons

I wish there was a way to have electronic signature for quotes, work tickets and task.

Response from Westrom Software

Thank you, so much, for taking the time to review The Service Program. Nothing is more rewarding than knowing our customers are happy with the software. We developed this software for the industry with one goal in mind, to simplify workflow and it's great to hear that you concur!

In response to your comment regarding electronic signatures we do in fact, allow for electronic signature capture, as well as adding pictures of work complete, etc.

We are going to have an industry coach reach out to you on how this can easily be achieved to assure you are getting the most out of the software.

Lisa M.

Great Quickbooks integration and routing capability

Reviewed on 2017/08/24

saves time with invoicing through Quickbooks

Pros

Integration with Quickbooks and the invoices, I also use it to keep my weekly route. Service Programmers designed a route template that fit my needs perfectly. This software can be used by a small company like myself to a big fortune 500 company, very easy! The ability to memorize transactions and change the description on the invoice is the main reason I chose The Service Program software. I never have an issue contacting customer service.

Cons

Not really a con, but there is SO MUCH available with this software, a bit overwhelming. But, never fear, you can call Customer Service they will teach you every aspect of the software you want to utilize.

Response from Westrom Software

HI Lisa,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. Glad you like how simple posting invoices into QuickBooks takes minutes showing service dates with no need for double entry.
We appreciate knowing that small and large lawn care, landscape and irrigation companies enjoy how simple The Service Program is to use while nothing falls thru the cracks.

Alyssa C.

Great product for our water treatment company

Reviewed on 2017/08/10

Pros

Easy customization to your company's needs
Great options for everything from billing, rentals to inventory and service calls.

Cons

Have to use Quickbooks due to large size of our client base. Although this is a plus for most people

Response from Westrom Software

WOW! thank you for taking time to submit your review. has it already been over 5 years since you became valued customer? i have shared your comments with our training and technical support team. it always nice to know their hard work everyday continues to support your water treatment software and mobile needs.

Penny K.

SERVICE PROGRAM

Reviewed on 2018/08/27

BILLING IS SO EASY, KEEPING UP WITH INVENTORY IS A BREEZE, DAY TO DAY ROUTING AND SERVICES ARE EASY. FREES UP ALOT OF MY TIME FOR OTHER OFFICE DUTIES

Pros

EASE OF USE, QUICK RESPONSE FROM TECH SUPPORT,

Cons

NO CONS FROM US. WE LOVE THE SOFTWARE. GETTING THE SERVICE PROGRAM WAS THE BEST DECISION EVER

Response from Westrom Software

We are so happy to hear of your positive experience with The Service Program. This software was developed to efficiently manage business operations and we are pleased to hear that your company is using it to its full potential!

Thank you for taking the time to post this review and for recommending us to others. It¿s a pleasure working with you!