Brown Paper Tickets Reviews

Brown Paper Tickets

Ticketing & event registration platform for event organizers

4.4/5 (15 reviews)
Beth ann D.

The best for Physical Tickets!

Reviewed on 2014/05/05

Ease of Use got 4 stars only because they have some really great functions/features that take a little bit of dedication to get down. But their customer service is AMAZING.

The price is a little high, especially compared to other non-profit ticket sellers, but it's because they mail out within 48 hours customizable tickets to each purchaser. So far the only reasonably priced non-profit focused ticketing solution I've found who does that and it's an absolute must for our event.

Response from Brown Paper Tickets

Hi, Beth Ann -- Thank you so much for your great review.

I just wanted to share -- our .99 plus 3.5% fee is actually the lowest in the entire ticketing industry. It may not appear that way because we are a bit "too transparent" and we include/pay for the ticket buyer's credit card fee in that 3.5%. Other companies claim a lower percentage ticketing fee, and then actually CHARGE a "hidden" fee that they will then tell you goes to credit card processing -- usually 2-5% per ticket, on top of the fee they advertise. We also give back 2.5% of our ticketing fee if you use PayPal or your own credit card processor.

As a Not-Just-For-Profit, we ensure that the highest percentage of funds from donors and supporters goes to your cause, while other ticketing companies take more from your donors in profits. In addition, we offer free online fundraising with zero website fees -- while other online fundraising websites take an average of 5% of every donation for their profits.

Najja e B.

They handle all the ticketing and tracking for my fundraising events.

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/07/13

I go to the site, build my fundraising event, and it goes live after it is reviewed and approved by Brown Paper Tickets. They handle everything. And, they provide periodic email notification of the progress of your ticket donations.

Pros

The program is easy to build your promotional material for your event. Once it is loaded, you can access multiple links for access to your event from different venues, such as website, Facebook, Twitter, electronic newsletter, etc. It's great!

Cons

I struggled a bit with the proper language to use as a nonprofit organization. For instance, we should avoid using "ticket sales" and present "suggested donation" instead. Brown Paper Tickets had a limited selection. After discussing this with them, they helped me work out the best solution, which was "admission donation"

Margaret H.

Brown Paper Tickets is easy to use!

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

I got an easy to use software that can set me up in minutes!

Pros

I'm a tour operator and I use Brown Paper Tickets to schedule tours. They make it so easy to schedule multiple events and it's also easy to go in and block out certain days. They've also kept me on my game by making sure everything is correct. Great help desk.

Cons

Brown Paper Tickets is a little messy visually. I realize it's a back-end made for utility, but it can be a bit confusing the first time you try to enter information.

Craig D.

A Simple and Effective Ticket Manager

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

We only use BPT for certain events, but have had good success with it. It is easy to check sales, set a cut off time to stop selling tickets, and print out a list of attendees.

Pros

They put a very reasonable fee on tickets sales, which is good for the artist and the consumer. It is also easy to set up your event.

Cons

The UI is a little messy and confusing, at least on the consumer end. However, BPT has been good with fixing issues when a customer makes a mistake.

Daniel P.

Like everything but the payout

Reviewed on 2019/09/02

People in Minneapolis/St. Paul know BPT because so many small theatres are using them. I can see why. Overall, I would recommend it, but make sure your organization has no cash flow worries.

Pros

The fees are low, it's easy to use, you get good information about ticket buyers that helps create an e-mail list

Cons

Slow payout. I have to pay artists and venue, and BPT just takes forever to get the money to me.

5.0/10

Socially/environmentally responsible and great customer service, even if it is a small company.

Reviewed on 2017/11/29

Pros

The customer service was excellent and personal. They are socially and environmentally responsible and are as up-to-date as any big competitor.

Cons

They require too many pieces of information to complete an event. I honestly don't have much to complain about with BPT. Seriously.

Martine J.

Brown Paper Tickets

Reviewed on 2019/05/18

Used multiple times for a non profit funfraiser. Very good, detailed sales reports.

Pros

Easy to use (even for the techno challenged).

Cons

Not able to switch order of how it will appear to the public.

Response from Brown Paper Tickets

Thank you for your review! We will make sure to take your feedback into consideration.

Totally fine ticketing company

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/03/31

I work at a performance venue that primarily uses a different ticketing service, but occasionally works with promoters who sell tickets through BPT. My experience with them has been totally fine, but not so great that I'd recommend it over a couple other options I see regularly.

Pros

My favorite thing about BPT is their commitment to social good - including donations to charity as a built-in part of their ticket links.

Cons

Things tend to look a little rough and janky on the ticket pages as compared to other services. Less professional looking interface?

6.0/10
Andrea O.

Brown Paper Tickets (not in paper form)

Reviewed on 2018/09/05

Pros

It was easy to use - one of the least glitchy ticket venue options.

Cons

It seems that their website hangs on occasion and that's unfortunate and creates problems.

7.0/10
William B.

We love Brown Paper Tickets!

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/01/12

A total package when it comes to selling tickets to your event, no matter the price.

Pros

No fees to sell tickets is probably the best thing about this website. We never used the available support but it was nice to always have it there. It makes selling tickets a breeze!

Cons

One of my favorite ways to sell tickets and I love the humor that finds it way into the website, I cannot think of a bad thing to say!

Chris K.

Great support and customer service

Reviewed on 2015/06/20

I've used it off and on since 2008. For Public Radio events, and for conventions and concerts. Ease of use is quite high. I've always gotten a quick reply to email or phone calls for support. I've never used it for events larger than 200 people. Lots of good reporting options.

Response from Brown Paper Tickets

Thanks, Chris --

We appreciate your great review! You may not know that we are one of the only ticketing companies that offers 24/7 live customer service, for you and for your ticket buyers. Thanks for noticing our fast and helpful event concierge support.

Susie R.

Excellent Site for Selling Tickets Online

Reviewed on 2016/11/04

Used this service twice. Once 3 years ago for a fundraiser event. Easy to use. Payment received within a week.

Used again for a small event last month. Again, the site is user friendly. Customer said it was easy to use. Event was easy to monitor. Payment was once again received within a week after event took place.

I highly recommend using this site

Donald A.

Used software for event ticketing

Reviewed on 2018/06/04

Immediate availability of ticket processing.

Pros

Plug and play. Allowed us to almost immediately get tickets for an upcoming event on to our website.

Cons

Limited choices on payment disbursement. No option to use own credit card processing or event online processing like paypal.

Clayton S.

Great for ticketed events!

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/02/09

Pros

Great for ticketed events because they print and send them for free! Customer service is quick and responsive.

Cons

They're a bit of a smaller company, and while customer service is great, making a ton of changes on the fly is not ideal. Best for more matured events, especially if you're printing the tickets.

Meriam D.

Not bad, not great

Reviewed on 2015/09/13

Takes a long time to set up multiple shows each night. Events must be completed and submitted within 10 days of the time they were last edited or it all gets deleted. Customer service was very nice, but could not bring back all the work I had done.