Showing 333 reviews of 303

LogMeIn Central

Endpoint management for desktops, servers & mobile laptops

Showing 333 reviews of 303
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great program but way to expensive

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

We started with LogMeIn when it was a free service and purchased a volume license since we had about 70 computers to use LogMeIn for tech support. However as we grew to over 120 computers the annual license fee grew much faster to were it no longer was worth the cost.

Pros

The program is very easy to setup and use.

Cons

The expense of the license fee drove us away and to find comparable software for less than 1/20 the cost.

Loren D.

LogMeIn

Reviewed on 2019/12/08

LogMein Central has made it easier, faster and more practical to teach and train my staff at different and various times of the day from any location either party is at.

Pros

LogMeIn makes running a business easier by being able to teach employees pertinent training/information by connecting computers and demonstrating virtually together.

Cons

Sometimes if an area of one of the participants have a slow or shaky internet connection, it makes it difficult to interact with one another on-line.

It's alright but could be better

Reviewed on 2020/08/07

LogMeIn Central does the job but I still had to look for an alternative.

Pros

The software does remote desktop well; the resolution is good and even some of the remote management for Windows computer is beneficial.

Cons

There is poor support for Mac. The software for Mac doesn't support chat. The layout of the targets in the portal could be better; deployment is not the greatest; push preferences are for higher tier pricing.

Dan G.

Really powerful back-end management of all of your PCs and Servers - at a cost!

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

LogMeIn is a wonderful piece of software that is very easy to install, and requires little to no maintenance. I just wish that they would stick with one price and stand behind it.

Pros

Fully functional command prompt, registry editor, event viewer, task manager, service manager, etc., WITHOUT having to take over the PC you are working on! This makes troubleshooting and running scripts on remote computers extremely easy, as you don't have to wait until off-hours since you don't have to take over the actual computer. It's got a great system for organizing your computers into groups, and it's HIPAA compliant with all of the auditing and tracking required.

Cons

It's very expensive, and they keep raising their prices. They've raised prices by 3 times over the past 3 years. I expect this will continue.

• Industry: Computer Networking

Logmein Central - Go to for supporting customers servers

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

I use it daily to connect to my customers servers. Overall, we are pleased with it but losing mouse control on a virtual guest is kind of a pain that I wish wouldn't happen. I would give it a 4 out of 5 stars overall

Pros

Client, means you don't have to log on through the website everytime.
Dual Authenication with secure code texted immediately to your phone.

Cons

When using it with Microsoft Hyper-V, if you connect the host and then go to a guest within the host, 10% of the time your mouse will stop working and the only way to fix it is to reboot the virtual guest.

Kind of expensive

You have to have the advanced version to be able to use file transfer. We found that too expensive for how much we use it so we dropped it.

Brittany S.

Remote in from any location

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Pros

I like most that it gives me the ability to work from my home computer. I am able to log in within about 2 minutes and has saved me numerous trips to my office. I've used it in both my accounting and sales job and it really does keep my work info at my fingertips. Another great thing is that it gives our CPA the ability to remote in to get any documentation she needs without having to contact me.

Cons

Set up is a little demanding but their customer service reps helped. It is also a little slow, there is a definite lag especially when opening reports.

Shawn B.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

Overall the product works well. We used it as our defacto remote support tool to support our remote end users. Costs just got out of hand and I had to eventually abandon LogMeIn Central for another company that worked just as well for 1/3 of the cost.

Pros

Easy to use, centralized management, ease of deployment, easy to create groups, users, and admins. Uptime was never an issue.

Cons

Cost. They did nothing but increase...I wish I could say better things about this company but their costs were too rich for our company so we moved to another remote support alternative for our company.

Jennifer A.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

An easy way to see somoene else's screen without having to be there.

Reviewed on 2019/01/31

This has really made running our business more efficient. It is a great tool for training and really allows us to manage our time better. As they all say, time is money.

Pros

We use LogMeIn anytime someone is experiencing an issue on the computer that is difficult to describe over the phone. Logemein allows you to see exactly what they are seeing so that you can help identify which issues they are having. We are a storage facility and sometimes one of our partner problems wont' remember how to pull a certain report, or just can't spot what you are trying to describe to them over the phone. All you have to do is go the to the LogMeIn website, log in, they confirm and you can literally use your mouse and they can see exactly what you are doing. It is a huge timesaver. We also rent Penske trucks and this is a big lifesaver when another property is having issues non reving a truck or having reservation issues.

Cons

The only thing that is kind of a drag is sometimes there is a lag when you are trying to show something to someone and it can be a little glitchy. This has to do with different internet speeds and not with the software itself. I'm not sure how an issue like this would be remedied.

Wayne H.

Very feature rich but can be a little buggy

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Pros

I like the suite of features. It's so much more than just remote access. However, that is the main use for me. To be able to just drop into a customer's computer is a wonderful thing.

Cons

Lately I have seen issues with the logmein agent crashing and kicking me out of remote sessions. Hoping this is fixed in the future. But it's very simple to reconnect. Just can cause interruptions.

Tim B.

Helps us manage our infrastructure at a good price

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

We use the user management, antivirus management, system health monitoring and computer grouping according to location, access and permission frequently to keep on eye on everything and compared to the other software we looked at this has been a great buy for us.

Cons

The only major issue that I have with this product isn't even with the product, it is with the customer support that assists whenever an issue comes up. Being escalated to different tiers of support until you are able to get to the person who can actually help you.

Bob K.

Have used for years across multiple clients

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Allows users to work from home. have setup many employees at clients to work remotely using this software.

Pros

Easy, reliable and great for setting up remote access for notice users who need to work remotely or connect into a pc occasionally.

Cons

Cost has gone up over the years. use to be much less expensive. be sure to buy a longer time period to get discounts.

Richard A.

Log Me In

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Pros

The best remote access software I have used. It is a simple, easy, and secure way to access a computer without being in front of it.

Cons

This product used to have a free version. The subscription cost goes up every year. At one point, I accessed all of my computers (home and 2 offices) with this software. I currently only see the need to pay their subscription fee on 2 computers.

Steve P.

Excellent platform for IT remote access

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

Pros

Ease of use, ease of administration, ease of installation are all very high. Price of LMI Central basic is very competitive.

Cons

Basic is missing a lot of essential features unfortunately (remote file transfer, remote printing, inventory management, OS updates, etc) and stepping up to the next tier can get very pricy.

Tasha R.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Being able to work from a remote location while being able to feel like I'm at the office or sitting at my desk is a big plus in my profession. With LogMeIn, I can honestly say that I am able to do that with ease.

Pros

What I like about LogMeIn is that I am able to log into my desktop at work and have access to all of the drives and networks as if I were sitting at my desk. I sometimes work from home and need to access certain documents that are not saved on my laptop and with LogMeIn I can access those files.

Cons

I use 2 screens at work and when I have to log into LogMeIn to do work, I'm able to see both screens but I am barely able to see the writing on the screens.

John C.

Wonderful One-stop shop for programs

Reviewed on 2018/06/07

Pros

With all the numerous logins out there, this is a wonderful place to store those passwords and not have to remember a gizillion logins.

Cons

I would like more control of the visual settings offered in this software as well as the layout given to users.

Nasira C.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

LogMeIn to work from home

Reviewed on 2018/01/12

Pros

Once you download the software to your home computer, you can access the office server in minutes! We can view the office schedule and other information and utilize our dental management software from home. Very convenient.

Cons

Once in awhile, there are connectivity issues, or the server kicks you off when the remote access computer is idle too long. It is a bit frustrating but happens only rarely.

Nejen R.

LogMeIn Review

Reviewed on 2020/01/08

Great tool and has prevented many issues with customers due to its use.

Pros

Great tool for remote sessions. Easy to access as a user and easy to provide to clients requiring assistance.

Cons

Did not like how the client needs to download the LogMeIn application in order for me to access their device. I know it is necessary but is extra work for the external user.

Tammy G.

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

Pros

Easy to use and navigate, tons of added features

Cons

time limit needs to be longer, kicks me out while with patients

Matt P.

LogMeIn

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Pros

I like that it's easy to use. I can send an end user a link to download and install

Cons

With the version I use, there is no file transfer option, which seems strange considering how much we pay for this

Robert D.
  • Industry: Farming

I use this product almost daily to access software and files from our host computer.

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

It allows me to access files and information from different locations. I can also print documents from the host computer to the local printer.

Pros

It is easy to use and allows me to be in two places at once - which is essential to keeping up with my daily tasks.

Cons

It is a bit overpriced. The product does save me quite a bit of travel time, but the convenience is almost not worth the price.

Michael C.
  • Industry: Accounting

Good Software for Remote

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

I have really liked it overall. It has allowed us to make more money by reaching clientele that we couldn't before.

Pros

I like that I have a way to remote into my clients who have software that is locally based only and can send it to my team.

Cons

I like the software, but I really wish it were cheaper. It was very cheap when it first came out, but has gotten a lot more expensive.

Kenneth S.

One of the myriad of remote support options

Reviewed on 2017/09/18

Pros

LogMeIn offers many of the features necessary to remotely access and support end users. It has a small RAM and processor footprint and is compatible with Windows XP through Windows 10.

Cons

Comparatively very expensive for companies. Customer support is hit or miss. Some TeamViewer techs are very helpful. Others seem to care less about helping.

Deirdre G.

Great Remote Service Aid

Reviewed on 2018/10/18

Pros

You can access a person's computer whether it's a MAC or a PC. Allows the customer to deny or approve access to a person's computer before moving forward. Completely secure and trustworthy.

Cons

I have never had any issues with it. The service is straightforward and it does what it is supposed to do. Not one complaint.

Jenny S.

LogMeIn is a life saver!

Reviewed on 2019/02/03

I love LogMeIn! It's allowed me to be able to access my office computer no matter where I'm at!

Pros

The best thing that I like about LogMeIn is that I'm able to use my work laptop at home to login to my computer at the office and access all my documents. This allows me to have everything I need to work from home is need be!

Cons

The only thing that I wish would be improved with the software is the fact that when you remote in and access your other computer, the screen is very small on the computer you're using. It tends to be hard to see everything. Especially if you're use to using a very big screen to do your work!

An average service for remote access

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Our overall experience with LogMeIn Central has been okay, we're able to push the content we need and remote into things, but the UI and the connection instability make it very difficult to use.

Pros

The user interface, for the application, is easy to use and very plain (no real chance of getting things messed up). It connects easy enough.

Cons

The website user interface is very messy, clunky and hard to decipher, making tasks sometimes very difficult to run on remote PC's. Their customer service is very difficult to work with, they are a bit curt and can come off as rude. The connections are not always stable, and can drop unless people have a pristine connection, which is very difficult to monitor.