LogMeIn Pro Reviews

LogMeIn Pro

Remote access tool for individuals & small businesses

4.5/5 (85 reviews)

Great for Customer Support

Reviewed on 11/14/2017

It is the perfect fit for customer support, especially across different operating systems.

Pros

As far as remote access programs go, this is one of the best we have used. It allows access across operating systems, which is very beneficial and not true of some of the popular competing products. Taking this one step further LogMeIn maps numeric keypads from Mac to PC as well, which has been a point of frustration for alternative products.

LogMeIn also offers some good security features essential for business application. It is very easy to manage users while allowing each user to create their own account and password. Additionally, for each remote machine the user can customize the idle time allowed, add an additional password for access, and filter IP addresses that can access remotely.

Cons

Mac to PC can be frustrating. Copy & paste from remote PC to local Mac can be problematic as the clipboard does not always sync up and/or pastes in different formatting (adding spaces, removing line breaks, etc.). Also the keyboard mapping can intermittently go haywire from Mac to PC, requiring a closing and reopening of the remote session.

The industry standard. You simply can't get any better than this software

Reviewed on 12/14/2017

When you manage several computers and servers you can do everything remotely and get things going fast.
You can also give tech support and solve problems for your users in the same way, even from your mobile (although it is very complex to work on a tiny screen you can still do everything).

Pros

Logmein pro is one of the most amazing products I have ever tested and used.
You literally can't go wrong with it.
You get to manage all the computers you need across the globe with a simple install, it bypasses firewalls and it allows you to have both remote control of the computer and the "back" of the computer, you can do things to give support without actually having to take over the screen, mouse and keyboard. There is simply no other software like it. You have control over everything in a smart and simple way.

Remote technical assitance

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 10/23/2018

HUGE time saver!

Pros

It's been a little while since I've used this software but it was integral to a change in software that was implemented at my previous job. I was able to remotely view a co-worker's computer in order to more effectively troubleshoot technical issues for her. Being that she was not tech savvy at all, this was the easiest way to help her. It saved me many hours of driving back and forth to help her. I have also used it extensively with my mother and my mother-in-law, both of whom are less than proficient in technology. This software allows me to teach them remotely, in real time and with appropriate feedback, the skills they need on the computer as well as talk them through software installation and upgrades. I can't begin to describe how much travel time LogMeIn has saved me!

Cons

There isn't really a con to the software, per se. The only issue is that there has to be a prerequisite modicum of technical ability for the person I am trying to help before we can even proceed. Guiding someone through the setup process blindly isn't easy but that's not really the fault of the program.

Safe Remote Support Anywhere

Reviewed on 2/20/2019

LogMeIn Pro is an amazing tool which gives me access to my computer worldwide for both business and personal use. It is easy to set up and to explain to clients. Remote access is essential, downtime has been eliminated and information that can become crucial to a meeting is accessible in a few clicks. With LogMeIn Pro I am accessible to my clients on the other side of the world without ever needing to leave my home. A trusted reliable program I would recommend to anyone.

Pros

LogMeIn Pro works on any system. The software is reliable, we haven't had any real issues that weren't handled immediately which eliminates frustration. I have been able to access my desktop worldwide without any issue in the past seven years.

Cons

The cost is definitely a drawback. Mac to PC can sometimes be a bit frustrating too.

Great tool for remote support

Reviewed on 12/11/2018

It has been a good experience. Is the app to go when you need a quick remote session to solve problems in a windows / desktop environment.

Pros

LogMeIn Pro is a powerful and corporate application forremote support in a production business environment.
The tools and options to make the remote support experience complete, is what i like the most on this app.
It has great compatibility across diferente devices and Operative System. That fact, makes it an industry standard for nowadays support services.

Cons

I would like to have a more friendly user interface for LogMeIn. I feel that the GUI is a little outdated.
Also, we could use more frequent updates to fix bugs and errors.

No need of VPN

Reviewed on 4/10/2019

I have used this software from past 10 years and the best tool to access remote PC's. I am using this to connect my work PC from home and it is the best tool to download huge files from one PC to another.

Pros

It is very east to use and access multiple PC's with one application. The best thing about Logme in is we can access PC's from Web browser instead of downloading additional softwares or tools. The other feature I use using this software is to download large files from one PC to another.

Cons

Remote PC access is depending on the internet speed. If internet connection is slow, gets disconnected too often. UI needs an update as it looks same from past 10 years.

Expensive, but good

Reviewed on 11/16/2018

LogMeIn Pro has been great to use. I've never had any issues with the functionality and it has some awesome features. The only issue with it is the price.

Pros

LogMeIn Pro is probably the best remote access tool I have ever used. It's easy to use and offers a ton of features. You can train someone how to use it in a few minutes and then they're good to go.

Cons

LogMeIn Pro is pricey...that's the biggest con. They have a history of raising their prices repeatedly and out of nowhere making it hard to justify to management when there are many tools (tools which are catching up in features as well) which are much less expensive.

6.0/10

Allows for minimal downtime, can access programs from anywhere.

Reviewed on 3/12/2018

Reduced downtime, increased work flexibility, productivity

Pros

I love LogMeIn Pro. It allows all of my employees to be able to log into their work computers remotely. We are a small company, and sometimes things happen - a child is sick or you need to access your computer from home. Also, it is great to allow my employees to work remotely if needed. Works well and is easy to use. It enables employees to access business paid programs that they may not have on their home computers by accessing their work computer to get to the program and work. Minimizes downtime and increases productivity.

Cons

There are other cheaper and even free programs that allow a user to log in remotely (remote desktop connection) as long as the computer is powered on. Of course, this alternative has its disadvantages as well. No other issues with LogMeIn other than the competition. Do some price shopping to see what works best for your company

Too expensive, but works really well

Reviewed on 4/10/2018

Pros

This VNC application works great on your phone or on your computer. The phone handles mouse cursor movement very intuitively, scrolling the screen instead of a mouse using swipe type gestures. It feels very natural. Lag is usually low if you have a good internet connection.

Cons

This software is very expensive if you need to deploy it on more than a few machines. We're talking hundreds of dollars a year. There are so many free alternatives, that if you care about money, this might not be the best solution for you.

Always on the Go!

Reviewed on 3/21/2019

Pros

I am constantly on the move with my business. While I do not sit in and office, I am constantly on the move presenting and promoting our business to potential customers. As I am on the road, it is sometimes difficult to manage all of the tasks that would be easy to do from the computer in my office. LogMeIn Central allows me to access my desktop in my office from anywhere in the world in which I have an internet connection. The responsiveness of the software seamlessly allows me to complete tasks as LogMeIn is essentially acting as a portal view to my own computer. This allows me to complete even the most demanding tasks such as multimedia presentations and programs which are very hardware demanding. Before having purchased this software, I was stuck with using a thumb drive and I would have to rely on the computer that was available to me which made my company that much less efficient.

Cons

I had a difficult time setting up the remote server at first. I had to seek the help of my on call IT person to assist me in getting this set up on my computer in my office but once I did It was smooth sailing from there.

I love this product, it helps with flexibility in my work schedule and assist with client emerg.

Reviewed on 7/13/2018

Good reputation with my clients...they think I'm always available for them.

Pros

Access to clients computer from anywhere, including vacation spots if needed.
Giving clients remote access that they had no clue they could do while they were on vacation.
Printing is another necessity that this program offers.

Cons

I can't seem to get the "turn off" if a computer is turned off. I've tried talking with tech support, but that's not working.
Multi monitor feature needs refining including visibility and pixel matching.

Best and most affordable remote app in the market

Reviewed on 1/31/2018

Pros

This is the most affordable remote desktop app. It is compatible with Windows, MAC. The best part I like is the remote file access capabilities, and grouping the computers. This saves a lot of time. I use this instead of VPN. Just install the app and start remote desktop. Saved a lot of time providing support.

Cons

Once in a while for some reason, on mac the remote access would be disabled automatically. I have to keep turning it on which is kind of annoying.

Allows Me to Manage Two Sites Remotly

Reviewed on 11/21/2018

Pros

Allows me to manage two of my site that are hundreds of miles away without having to physically be there. allows me to log into the desktop onsite and work on it as if I was in front of it. allows me to have access to cameras onsite which give me eyes on the ground remotely.

Cons

Only allows for one person to be on at a time, does not allow someone to shadow the session. boots the current person off of the application if someone else tries to log in

Great! Never a problem and it never let me down. Easy to set up for both sides - and it reliable

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

Customer Satisfaction from my clients = repeat business = more money!

Pros

I used this software for many years when I ran a software company. It was our go to for accessing our users nationwide and they were happy to have it running on their computers so we could log in as required to assist them.

Cons

Sometimes it was a bit slow to connect but this may have been due to the quality of the end users PC and broadband line. No other things I disliked.

Remote access to any computer from anywhere in the world.

Reviewed on 1/22/2019

Pros

This is a great software to connect and manage remote connections.
You can create and manage users and give them access to selected computers all from a simple to use portal.
Connection quality is always top notch and packages are very flexible.

Cons

The in browser connection window can be slow and buggy at times but at the end of the day is a great alternative to downloading the exe.

Remote data and computer management

Reviewed on 2/7/2018

Pros

Was eventually useful for controlling iMacs at work at two different locations. Allowed for simple file transfer options and whiteboard feature decent for collaboration with others when out of office.

Cons

Expensive renewal options. Only allows remote control of two computers and price goes up quickly if more computers or locations required. Cheaper and as effective alternatives exist.

Easy access control tool widely used in our laboratory practices

Reviewed on 6/5/2018

Pros

- The transfer of files is carried out quickly between the teams.
- It allows remote work to be a thing of the past, that's a great advantage.
- It has a graphical interface that is very easy to use.
- Our users are easily identified with the tool.

Cons

- It is not compatible for all versions of operating systems, it has forced us to make changes to the equipment.

Use it daily. Couldn't do my job without it to connect to my clients.

Reviewed on 2/23/2018

More efficient work environment. Less travel.

Pros

Convenience. Ability to help my clients in a very fast, efficient manner. Less travel. Ability to help my clients do their jobs efficiently as well.

Cons

Slow to connect sometimes. Prices keep going up with no improvements/changes in the service. No other complaints.

LogMeIn Pro

Reviewed on 11/26/2018

Pros

Love this software. Log onto my clients PC to show them things and troubleshoot problems they are having without having to have them search for things over the phone. This works great for software support specialist. Spent many years being frustrated on the phone with clients when asking them what they see on their screen, now I can see what they see.

Cons

Nothing that I do not like about this software. It is awesome.

It Serves The Purpose

Reviewed on 5/1/2018

Pros

the fact that i could site at home are at work and maneuver my computer in my other home or office without having to bother anyone

Cons

after all it's working with the internet and at times when the service is poor then the whole program is getting a nap and you can't do anything

Well rounded product

Reviewed on 4/6/2018

Pros

Logmein Pro comes with good suite of features that makes remote support a breeze.
It more than just a remote access tool.

Cons

The remote agents can become corrupt and stop functioning.
Remote sessions struggle to connect on slower internet connections.

Logmein is a great business tool for technology professionals

Reviewed on 3/13/2019

Pros

1. Easy to search for computer names.
2. Easy to install LogMeIn agent on client PCs.
3. Deployment link is easy way of installing the application on clients.

Cons

1. Cost is affordable but could be a tiny bit cheaper.

I love, love LogMeIn.

Reviewed on 4/16/2018

I really do not have a con to put here. I love the software and have used it for years and years successfully.

Pros

This software is the greatest. It is easy to use. It is easy to setup. You can easily remote access computers from anywhere.

One of my favorite Remote Desktop Applications

Reviewed on 2/1/2019

Pros

What I like about LogMeIn is the ability to save passwords. This makes it easier when logging into a server and you forget the Windows' User Profile credentials. You receive a little notification that tells you, you can login with the Saved Username/Password.

Cons

With LogMeIn, you do not have the ability to have multiple users log into the remote destination. This isn't necessarily a harsh CON, more of a minor inconvenience, because it's not often I'll need someone else to remote into the same destination as me.

Logmeinpro

Reviewed on 8/2/2018

I actually love logmeinpro. It is just so easy and it logs me in within minutes.

Pros

This software is just so easy to use. I can be sitting at my home computer and sign in at logmeinpro and I am in my computer at the office in no time. It is as if I am actually sitting there. It is fast and easy to manipulate.

Cons

I am not sure if it is something I do wrong, but when I sign in to logmein and it sends me to my computer at the office, it scrambles all of my icons I had in order on my desk. This creates me to having to look for the icons that I actually need to get into.