BeyondTrust Reviews

BeyondTrust

Secure remote access software

4.6/5 (1029 reviews)

Easy remote support while maintaining a controlled environment

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

Staff will always have hesitation when allowing IT to remote into their computers. This can cause resolution and deployment times to skyrocket.

But Bomgar Remote Support features a full suite of tools that allows the company and its users to feel confident in letting IT remote into their machine because of its many features and customization options.

Pros

Bomgar Remote Support is easy to install and manage for your staff and IT support.

You can deploy a shortcut to computers and set it up to start remote sessions immediately, or allow a support rep to give a session key to start the session. So there are lots of options to customize how you want to manage support sessions.

Once you're remoted in, a range of options for controlling the computer are available to the rep, allowing the sessions to go faster like control panel shortcuts, screen shot options, and an easy to use file share interface.

The customer can see everything happening and chat with the rep in a chat box, which also displays helpful information like what commands the rep is running in the background.

There is a lot of transparency when running Bomgar so everyone can feel safe and comfortable sharing their computer with an IT rep.

Bomgar also integrates with other software like Service Now.

Cons

Bomgar Remote Support does take a lot of planning to set up properly and get running efficiently.

A lot of the security and transparency features will require a lot of app administration. If you're a one-man or smaller shop, you will have a longer time getting many of its features up and running.

A recommended and dependable remote endpoint management and technical support portal

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

A powerful Remote Endpoint and support tool for professional IT shops.

Pros

- Full-featured remote endpoint and service portal that allows IT admins and technical support organizations provide support for technical and non-technical clients and their workstations/servers
- I have deployed Bomgar at two organizations as an IT Administrator and support person, and Iove how dependable the endpoint agent software is for connecting to all workstation endpoints we support. If you need to connect to a workstation on an isolated network in a building across the city? No problem, open the Bomgar admin console and find the workstation in endpoint inventory and can remote into the machine, transfer files, chat with a client on the machine via bomgar chat, or control mouse and keyboard.
- Start impromptu support sessions and guide customers to the bomgar support portal and request a session with you or any other active administrator who is available, all on the fly.
- Enterprise support is very helpful, I have had to leverage them for guided updates and configuration advise. They are professional and well-trained
- Bomgar offers physical and virtual appliances, I have deployed both physical and virtual solutions from them, both work the same.

Cons

- As a purchaser of a Bomgar appliance, you still need support for the hidden back-end of the appliance. One deployment of this solution, we ordered two virtual servers, I believe at different times. As such, the hidden linux back-end of the software were inherently not exactly the same build configuration, and we discovered this during an upgrade of the software version and they reacted different to the upgrades. This was an unexpected setback, however, to the credit of support they were professional and prompt with their diagnosis and provided tailored update packages to finish the upgrade.
- There are lots of free solutions that can work for remoting into endpoints and providing support remote for endpoint users these days, which may make the value of Bomgar less desirable due to cost of appliances, annual license renewals and upfront license costs, depending on the budget. If you can afford it, it's worth the money for quality of the product and its features.

Alan G.

It's not Marmite, everybody loves it!

Reviewed on 2017/11/16

Pros

I love the way it brings a lot of remote support tools into one console so you don't need to know some of the more advanced techniques to deliver support (e.g. opening remote session within registry editor, using admin$ etc) but what I think is even better is the canned scripts.

I can create a canned script to run routine but advanced tasks on remote system but then make it available to the service desk enabling a semi-skilled SDA to complete tasks that would normally be passed back to 2nd and 3rd line support. Not only does this increase the first fix rating, it also (as I've been told by the SDM) adds to the moral of the SD team as they feel trusted and empowered.

One thing that really does raise Bomgar above the competition is their excellent customer service, which I have not even seen matched let alone bettered!

Cons

Well, I have to say I'm struggling with this part. Maybe I'd like to see the individual licence fee come down a bit, not that it isn't value for money, it's just we have a limited budget so cannot afford as many as we'd like.

It's worth noting here though that Bomgar have supported us (a non-profit university) in this area but giving a generous discount and 'loaned' us an extra couple of licences (for free) when we really needed them for a short time but simply didn't have the money to buy them...

Nicholas R.

Best secure remote support software I have ever used!!

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

A clean, professional, and impressive way to support a customer or client.

Pros

I really like this software for starters. I convinced my department manager at my previous job to purchase it because of it's functionality, reliability, and integration to other software. It is great for tier based support from tier 1 receiving calls to escalating it to tier 2 and tier 3. The transition from each tier and group that we had for certain calls was smooth. Another bonus and like was the type of devices/operating systems it support in it's remote support service. Also, the integration to other products that we used along with our actual product. That part was a beauty to setup and see work with zero issues. Overall the best in my book. Just wish my current job could afford to purchase Bomgar (fingers crossed).

Cons

There are only a few cons I have and they are very minor. One being that they are not able to support Chrome OS yet and I feel like they are trailing the market on this. The other con is installing the patches to the hosted appliance you house in your server room. The patching process could use some attention for user ability or someone not as experienced in networking etc.

Sergey M.

Providing remote support to every user - priceless!

Reviewed on 2018/07/04

All-inclusive remote support solution at your fingertips. Nothing like helping remotely an executive, who is traveling and urgently needs IT assistance.

Pros

Powerful solution for every IT Administrator. Not only you can remotely assist virtually every user on your network, you can also invite external representatives, should there be a need. Another feature that I like specifically is being able to present, where a remote user can see your screen. This can be used for training purposes. Recording can always be benefitial. Seamless AD integration and policy assignment helps with user administration. Pretty much set it and forget it service. While there are many competitors out there, I would always go with Bomgar.

Cons

Cost! This product is expensive. I mean, it's worth every penny for what it does, but getting such solution for your company may be a challenge.
Another problem that I noticed is the Bomgar console for Mac users. While a Mac user can connect to the workstations and servers, that already have the jum client installed, an ability to "jump" to any workstation is not there. For such instances, I have to use my Bomgar cosole on the PC.

Jason M.

This is amazing remote support

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

This is almost like the internet for us. When it goes out we are not having a good day. The good and bad to that is that if the internet goes out we are out of this, but other than that we have only had one time where it went out and that was because our device needed to be replaced. Another selling point to it was that we were able to get a backup uploaded to their support and they setup a cloud appliance so we could get right back up and working.

Pros

I love everything about this product. This is super easy to use, it has tons of great features, its rock solid and they have great support. The remote feature itself is great but that is a small part compared to what all else this can do. You can do just about anything you want or need to computers as you connect. If you are working on specific things and have scripts or software to run, this make it very easy to run those from the console. We have tons of scripts setup to run in the background to fix any number of issues.

Cons

Honestly the only thing to dislike is the price. This is definitely at the top end of remote support products, but i think it justified by what all you can do with this.

Abby G.

Useful for IT issues

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/07

Overall this has been a great tool and allows you to have IT help at your fingertips as if you had someone sitting right next to you.

Pros

Bomgar allows our IT department to remote into our workstations and address computer issues. It's very user friendly! Once opening the program our IT tech will provide a session key number which you enter and allows them to remote in and take over. I'm generally on the phone with IT while they are accessing my system, but there is also a chat feature that allows you to communicate with whoever is remoting in. Both users can utilize the mouse or keyboard, so I can show them exactly what I clicked on or what error message I am encountering. It has saved so much time as our IT team is relatively small, and an inability to access programs or have a functioning computer can easily impact patient care. I don't have to wait hours for a ticket number to get assigned to a person who has to triage me along with tons of other people. You can also get a transcript of your chat after you have closed the session. There's an icon that will appear on the top right hand corner of your screen to let you know you are connected and someone else has access, and it's easy to know that the session has ended because the icon disappears and there's a notification that you have logged out.

Cons

I have no problems with this software! I have never had trouble with it loading, and each time I've had to use it it has booted up quickly without error, runs smoothly while someone else is accessing my computer, and is incredibly easy to navigate and use.

You can forget about regular RDP with this revolutionary product

Reviewed on 2019/01/13

Our organization is spread across the globe and have been acquiring more companies. Bomgar has helped us to continue site services task during the time of mergers and acquisitions and in case the network tunnel is down

Pros

Where to start from, first and foremost you dont have to be on network to have an RDP session with a user. During my 3 years of experience as a security analyst, I have had trouble multiple times for not being able to reach user or have a session when the user is off network. I used to work with skype in these cases, but from last 1 year, skype is going really fast towards its end. Plus, if you are an admin, you can straight away hop onto a machine with bomgar client installed without user's approval. If the user does not have a client installed, a bomgar session can also take place via browser.

Cons

It is a client based system. I have had trouble setting up bomgar sessions via browser. Apart from that, I have had absolutely no trouble using bomgar

Cam P.

Bomgar gives us total access to all aspects of pc troubleshooting. Saves thousands/year in travel!

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

Greatly reduced travel costs for branch office desktop support. Faster response for client issues. Recovered hundreds of hours of travel time.

Pros

Access to troubleshoot most pc's and devices even from my phone. Love the ability to script actions that are repetitive on most pc's (set registry keys, install applications, run utilities). I can share remote sessions with other support specialists when needed. Jump clients allow me to initiate support sessions easily with our regular client base or on servers. We even use it to train individuals on new software or processes. License pools - a few licenses allow multiple techs to log in and out as needed. (we use 6 licenses with around 25 support specialists)

Cons

Cost is the biggest con. Up front cost and annual maintenance is pricey, but the cost savings from reduced travel pay for it easily. Audio from remote systems is not available, making troubleshooting of sound issues more difficult.

Andrew R.

Bomgar is Great!

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

We used this as a back up method for contenting to users and it has always been reliable.

Pros

I have been a Bomgar user for a number of years and it's great. A few if the key features I love are...
- Invite users to start a session via sharing you session key with them or sending an email link, this makes it quick and easy to get connected.
- Auto reconnect after rebooting or loosing network connection. This is a huge convince! and time saver since you don't have to call the user to get reconnected while working on the issue.
- You can easily transfer and share you session with team mates.
- Built in chat feature.
- Easily View system information and transfer files.

Cons

There are some issues with running it on Google Chome or on a Mac.
Its not 100% seamless to users you are connecting to, you have to click though a few things but its still pretty easy.

Tyler L.

Bomgar is one of the most commonly used remote connection softwares, and has proven reliable.

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Bomgar allows the quick set-up of remote connections to computer systems. It's especially beneficial when working with users who may not feel comfortable working in-depth with computers, as it requires just a simple download to get set up.
The fact that it removes itself after use is a wonderful feature that makes it perfect for one-time uses, such as customer support.

Pros

Bomgar is quick to download and run, and is able to be pinned to the computer it's running on, allowing the remote connection to be opened and connected to later.
When you're finished using it, disconnecting will close and uninstall the Bomgar program, ensuring the system cannot be accessed further.

Cons

It's very rare, but I have encountered issues where pinning a Bomgar connection can cause issues on Windows Server 2008. This does not occur on all servers running Windows Server 2008, but at this time it is unclear what is causing this issue. A regular, non-pinned session will not cause any issues.
This is also not the software to use if you plan on making repeated connections to a computer. Every time it runs it must be downloaded and ran, vs options like LogMeIn, which can be installed and run in the background so whenever the connection is needed you can remotely access the computer.

Mike B.

A good lifeline to have

Reviewed on 2017/09/15

The ability to assist my customers wherever they are creates a feeling of confidence in the user. This creates a great working environment and a feeling of teamwork that is priceless.

Pros

The fact I can assist users that are both on and off our network via https is great. I prefer to use Apple Remote Desktop for our Mac users when the clients are on LAN or connected via VPN. When they are offsite with no VPN, it's a lifesaver. Bomgar is essential for Windows PC support however they are connected. The ability to easily transfer files to and from the client, support for some automation using scripts, is a good tool to have.

Cons

Can get bogged down due to bandwidth consumption. The default setting to reduce video display quality is a bit of a bother for both the user and tech specialist. Sometimes the connection fails completely for some unknown reason.

Scott P.

The Best Remote Support Tool out there by far!!!!!

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

easy access to my remote sales team of 400 reps

Pros

Bomgar remote support is the best tool out there. We have been using it for 9 years, and I used it at a previous employer. The platform is sleek, and the bright orange stands out in our server room. I am on the early adopter's list for new releases, which I jump on to see what new and exciting things Bomgar is doing now. If you need remote support, or you have vendors accessing your servers, I suggest going to Bomgar, and getting a B200 or what fits your needs, as well as the Privileged access manager device, and you will have everything you need.

Cons

I love everything about it, but Id like to be able to transfer files between jump clients so I dont need to download to my local machine, and then transfer to the other client. Other than that, again, its the best

Brian V.

It's solidly ok

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Hey, it's a remote support tool and it works. So other than the clunky and ugly interface, it's solidly ok.

Pros

Bomgar does what you'd expect - it provides remote access to systems. There's some granular access you can set up to put systems into groups and assign access permissions, so if that's needed then you have pretty good control over it. There's 2 factor authentication and what appears to be decent security as well.

Cons

The interface is a bit clunky compared to some of the competitors. It doesn't show me everything I'd like to see about systems. For instance, it shows me hostnames, but in order to see who's currently logged in I have to click on a little triangle to expand the host. One of my clients uses a bonehead naming scheme, so I'm constantly digging through hosts to see who's using which machine. Some of the competitors to Bomgar show this information right on their management screen and a simple CTRL-F in the browser window will find the info you need.

Mike M.

Bomgar Makes Remote Support And Client Connection Simple

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

The Bomgar console allows us to use admin credentials and elevate rights if it becomes necessary. Screen sharing is simple, collaboration from different team members takes a few simple clicks. Bomgar is the top of the line in security. Analysts can see all displays and the session can be either set up by the user or by the client. Bomgar has resolved several high urgency issues for our clients. Bomgar is one of the greatest assets to our company.

Pros

Bomgar allows users to access and take control of our clients computer using a website. Users are able to access the website from anywhere making connection simple and efficiently enabling us to share files and troubleshoot efficiently. Multiple users are able to log into one remote system.

Cons

Entering Admin credentials through the console is not always simple. It is sometimes hard to direct clients to the correct Bomgar page.

BomGuard is an excellent support tool

Reviewed on 2019/03/16

Overall experience was positive. We were able to get the tool approved and used as a standard within our group. We also generated a process that allowed other departments to use the tool. There were several groups that supported other tools, but with the data, we generated during beta, we were able to get it approved. We would recommend.

Pros

We’ve been using BomGuard for about 1 year. The tool is a little too hard to get used to, but once you learned tricks it very useful. Features are really good for what we use it for. It’s flexible and very user-friendly. I was part of a team that helped evaluate if the tool can be used as part of our IT solution. Once we had the tool setup, it was pretty easy to use.

Cons

We tested BomGuard with several other remote support applications. It wasn’t as robust and feature-rich as the other competing tools. Although the features were enough to be able to support several of our locations. We were able to do workarounds to customize the tool to align with our processes.

Nicholas L.

Bomgar Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/18

It has been integral for us at this time. We are going through open enrollment and implementation with ADP so we have had to use it several times in the past month. ADP has been able to connect us through Bomgar, see our screen and verify all of our benefit plan setups, eligibility class, home page and open enrollment profile. They have also showed us how to implement all of these items correctly through Bomgar and very useful since we are working on a remote basis.

Pros

It is a great resource in order to connect a third party administrator and be able to share screens to relay information in real time. I currently use it with ADP and we use this in order to collaborate information by sharing each other's screens to make sure there is a correct setup in ADP, address and fix issues that we are having with the system and ensure that we have correct format such as our homepage. It is very simple to use and accept the Bomgar from ADP and connects very quickly.

Cons

The only downside is that you have to accept the software, allow it to connect, accept the terms and conditions, accept the user and then allow for the user to connect. It would be easier if it was web based and allowed for one connection to the user.

Marc A.

Best Support Software

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

My overall experience with this Remote Support is flawless, from my remote support to my clients as well as their support to me.

Pros

Their Support is immediate and professional.
Very secure connection to give support to your users.
Technical support from Bomgar is impecable, as well as for their hardware as the software itself.
The ease of use of the software from your Mobile, Surface, PC is very well thought out and laid out.
I can be sure of the connection and can give support to my users and check on my servers at any given moment without any hassle, with just a data connection.
Jump PC, and monitor the status of the users' PC at that moment.

Cons

Not sure there were any, just getting used to at the beginning with the options the first day and off you go.

Wendy R.

Wonderful to have remote user technical support

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/01/25

This tool has been very useful in helping tech support to quickly help me solve problems that were puzzling to me. I like to try to research and troubleshoot my own problems, but knowing that tech support can remote to my computer makes me more likely to contact them, which does save me time. I know that I'll be able to watch and learn from them as they solve the problem.

Pros

I am an employee at a university and our IT department uses this software to remote into a user's computer to help troubleshoot problems, install software, etc. It really helps problems to get solved more quickly and easily without requiring a tech to go to various locations. I have also been able to use it as an administrator to help a user with a specific software program that was having an odd problem with the software and to help train that user. I like that both the tech working remotely and the user can both control the keyboard and mouse. It is nice to get notified the whole time that the tech is connected to your machine and when the disconnect is done so you don't have to worry about privacy.

Cons

As with any remote software, the speed of use can get slow and controlling the mouse can be tricky.

Stephen C.

Excellent remote assistance and queue management for tech support teams.

Reviewed on 2017/08/15

Better than VNC, RDP, remote assistance or many other remote connection software options for its ability to deploy and scale cross-platform, as well as usability for non-techs who need to be able to access customer computers.

Pros

Deployable "JumpClient" makes remote connecting to customers a breeze. Remote requests prompt users and the Representative Console makes sorting through new requests and finding users to connect to very easy.

Cons

Honestly, this is nitpicky, but the name. We've had Bomgar implemented for over 2 years but we still get "concerned" emails about this aggressive-sounding software "popping up" in the system tray of user's computers. Education is helping, but there really is no great fix for that, and you can't really fault the creator for using his unique surname for the great product.

Robert V.

Bomgar

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

We have 20 tier two Help Desk techs who use Bomgar every day in every situation conceivable, including customers who are presenting at the time. It works well, and when it doesn't work, we then know there is a network problem between us and the customer that needs attention.

Pros

We have access to four tools that give us some kind of remote access to our customer's computers. Bomgar is the best, gets used every day, and has a features suite that is unmatched. Our customers travel the globe, sometimes have emergent needs, and are sometimes difficult to understand in text or bad voice connections. Being able to reliably remote into their computer to assess and resolve the situation is priceless.

Cons

It has a cost for as many techs as we have on staff, but it is worth it.

Jason H.

Bomgar Enables an Organization to Instantly Respond to Its Users

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

Using Bomgar has greatly increased our ability to support our users and reduce phone calls to our service desk.

Pros

I love the out-of-the-box ability to route chat sessions based on preset conditions. We have Bomgar integrated with Canvas. Based on a user's role in Canvas, we can route a chat session to appropriate personnel (the routing happens on the Bomgar side). For example, if teacher initiates a chat session, then that person is routed to a different support channel than if a student were to initiate the chat session. This integration is only possible because Bomgar provides an API allowing 3rd party integrations.

Cons

My biggest complaint is the lack of ability to customize the color of the send button in the chat window. Its default is orange which clashes with our institution's primary color of green. I hope Bomgar provides a method to edit the color of this button.

Comprehensive Remote Assistance

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/11/27

I appreciate Bomgar for what it does. I can connect to another users machine fairly quickly and remotely when issues arise, and for the most part, other than when admin credentials are required, I am able to handily resolve any issues. I know that there are other products that do similar functions, and even one or two that I prefer more, but we licensed this software for company use and it is perfectly adequate.

Pros

What I like most is that it works exactly like it should, which is connect me to office users so that I can handle computer issues remotely. Once I am connected, I am good to go as far as accessing another computer. I like that it runs through a web portal for ease of use when I am not directly connected to our network.

Cons

There are some small, glitchy things, like when I want to email the link to another staffer, I have to copy and paste the link into an email instead of just clicking on the button that self-generates an email. Another thing, which I don't think Bomgar can really do anything about as it is more about security settings on our devices, is that when I am installing software or making changes on a computer remotely, and those actions require administrator login, but the remote link blocks you from seeing what the issue is, and you are temporarily disconnected without really knowing why.

6.0/10
Candace E.

Bomgar is a great remote desktop tool!

Reviewed on 2018/04/22

The benefits of using Bomgar include being able to communicate with an IT team via the messaging tool. Other benefits of using Bomgar include being able to remotely control another users system. Additional benefits of Bomgar include real-time display when remotely accessing another users computer. More benefits of using Bomgar include being able to communicate with internal networks. Overall, Bomgar is comparable to TeamViewer but much easier to navigate.

Pros

Bomgar allows the user to forward an email invitation to remotely access another users computer. Bomgar's user interface is relatively simple to navigate or access. Restricted views do not apply for individuals with elevated authorization. Bomgar is easy to learn for intermediate information technology users. Bomgar allows user to remotely access users mobile, computer, laptop, or virtual desktop.

Cons

Bomgar allows users to input IP address to access computer, unsure whether the client saves the IP address. Bomgar is featured with additional information as it relates to the user such as system information. Furthermore, as a user it is unsure whether if the client such as Bomgar stores that information. Bomgar accesses users computer system through firewall, thus overwriting the firewall capabilities of Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows 10. According to the Bomgar's Privacy terms, Bomgar collects information for third parties and as a user the clarity regarding third party data is unclear.

Katherine F.

Best thing is connection fast, fast at Bomgar.

Reviewed on 2018/02/17
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Bomgar is a very good software, it has too many excellent and lucrative functions that complement very well the long distance remote connection, the only factor that affects are the prices but I trust that at some point the plans for a better accessibility will decrease. Bomgar has helped me a lot in business, since I can connect with my employees to provide support and other things.

Pros

The best thing about Bomgar is the speed of its connection, it can be anywhere in the world, in any country, and in the same way, provide a support with a fast connection and without connection drops, the stability in this software is the factor that has given you the most life.

Cons

I do not like that Bomgar has high prices, since the intention of this software is to help connect from any place or device and give distant support, but the prices of the plans do not allow accessibility, if the mission is help, I would like lower the prices so high.