CrowdRise Reviews

CrowdRise

Online social fundraising for nonprofits, companies & events

4.4/5 (12 reviews)
Ryan W.

Crowdrise saved my life!

Reviewed on 2017/04/11

I have been a member of the crowdrise community for a few years now and the impact that I have been able to see is incredible. This is the only site that I trust to use and you really see the community of crowdrise in a positive light. The support is overwhelming and the change and response is instant. I will use crowdrise as long as I'm still living!

Pros

Cons

No cons!

FUNdraising

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Pros

Our nonprofit uses CrowdRise for our largest fundraiser in the winter. Our supporters get to be involved in our fundraising and have their own space to do it. The tools that CrowdRise offers are easy to use and assist in soliciting donations from family and friends.

Cons

The CrowdRise layout seems to be constantly updating and changing, which is a good thing, but some users often get confused and have to reach out for help. Luckily, their customer support is amazing.

Ok to start out

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

customer service is nice when you are paying for it, otherwise you are pretty much on your own and unable to customize much.

Pros

It is already set up and you can run it with ability to give to your cause. It works for our peer-to-peer fundraising for all our endurance events for now.

Cons

Trying to customize and link to partner systems becomes tricky since they want to promote and work on being an all in one system.

5.0/10
Ashlei B.

Amazing Customer Service

Reviewed on 2017/04/20

We have used Crowdrise the last couple of years for our 5k fundraising. I have to say, their customer service and account specialist teams go above and beyond to provide the best service possible. Whenever I need anything changed, edited, updated, etc., they are immediately on top of it and always send a confirmation when it is completed. Even when my account specialist is out of the office, they have a team ready to jump in to solve any problems. While they do have a platform without a monthly fee (just a % on transactions), I have found that upgrading to the Tre plan was well worth the minimal monthly fee. It lowers the % and you get an assigned account manager that is able to help customize your page however you need. They are a great team and are doing great work.

Crowdrise is amazing for funding

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

Pros

It was easy to use and send out our message to people.

Cons

I do not have anything to complain about here.

Crowdrise is wonderful

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

Pros

It was easy to set up a fund for our cause.

Cons

I do not have anything to complain about.

Mona C.

Set up several small fundraising activities for High School Groups.

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Fast payment, easy to thank donors.

Pros

Super easy. Easy to upload photos and customize site to your needs. Sharing couldn't be simpler using social media or email. Great organiztion of donors as they come in.

Cons

Would like the ability to just make a pledge without actually paying. Sometime you just want to get pledge amounts and have the ability for donors to pay later.

Jason B.

Solid!!!! A great tool that integrates email, social media and a well thought out brand.

Reviewed on 2017/03/02

What sets crowdrise apart in my mind is how it helps the fundraiser create a temporary "brand". It's important when fundraising to be able to tell your story, both the story of your organization, but also your own personal story. Crowdrise is intuitive, and it is also fun. I absolutely love the idea of having t-shirts that cannot be purchased, only "achieved" by making a difference. I hope our organization uses crowdrise for our major fundraiser again next year. It has been a great improvement over the sites we have used for the past 7 years for our major fundraiser for the year. Without this fundraiser, we wouldn't be able to offer the services our non-profit organization provides. Thanks crowdrise! You Rock!!!!!

Jon H.

Helps us tracking donations.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/10

We use this product to help us track our donations and our donors.

Pros

This product helps us track and recognize our donors and their donations.

Cons

There is nothing I dont like about this product.

Mariam R.

Crowdrise

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Pros

My organization has been using crowdrise for the past 3-4 years for fundraising. In the past it was very easy to create our campaigns, upload pictures and videos as well as create team fundraisers. Each team was able to track their goals and reach the organization goal together.

Cons

Since crowdrise has been merged with gofundme, the interface has become less user friendly. Many of the options that were available before are now available if you updrade to their other plans.

6.0/10
Mohammed S.

Peer-to-Peer Fundraising made easy

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/18

We ran several campaign using two celebrities that did a friendly competition to see who could raise more funds for their favorite causes.

Pros

I love Crowdrise, it used to be 100% free and its allowed you to do more then most other peer-to-peer crowd funding platforms allowed. Crowdrise allows your nonprofit to create a profile that allows your supporters to link to your fundraising or start their own.

Cons

Don't have anything negative to say about this wonderful software, its free and easy to use.

Lon O.

Wes / CrowdRise the best

Reviewed on 2017/03/31

Last year we set up an account and again this year wanted to do the same. With the change in the partnership with GOFundMe and CrowdRise we were limited on what we could do this year. Sounds like a challenge but instead Wes and his awesome approach to customer service not only made my day but helped our baseball fundraiser maintain our continuity with our existing and new supporters. Simply put Wes and CrowdRise exceeded my expectations. The creativity, responsiviness & customer focus was as good as i have ever experienced. Thank you Wes

Pros

Simple

Cons

None