GoFundMe Charity

Online social fundraising for nonprofits, companies & events

Rachael B.

Great for individual and team fundraising campaigns

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

At the end of the day, we decided to switch to Classy as it was a more integrated fundraising platform. Crowdrise didn't have enough general donation processing/management tools that we wanted in a fundraising platform.

Pros

We liked to use crowdrise for individual fundraising campaigns centered around 1 specific goal or event. Our fundraisers used it for raising money as they did a race, for a specific program, or for raising money to go on an international missions trip. It's great for college students to create peer to peer campaigns for example.

Cons

I did not like how this integrated with our website (or rather the lack thereof).

Ashlei B.

Amazing Customer Service

Reviewed on 2017/04/20

We have used Crowdrise the last couple of years for our 5k fundraising. I have to say, their customer service and account specialist teams go above and beyond to provide the best service possible. Whenever I need anything changed, edited, updated, etc., they are immediately on top of it and always send a confirmation when it is completed. Even when my account specialist is out of the office, they have a team ready to jump in to solve any problems. While they do have a platform without a monthly fee (just a % on transactions), I have found that upgrading to the Tre plan was well worth the minimal monthly fee. It lowers the % and you get an assigned account manager that is able to help customize your page however you need. They are a great team and are doing great work.

• Used Other for 2+ years

Crowdrise is amazing for funding

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

Pros

It was easy to use and send out our message to people.

Cons

I do not have anything to complain about here.

Mindy S.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Crowdrise Review

Reviewed on 2020/07/03

Pros

Crowdrise makes it easy to setup your own Gofundme page, and connecting with contacts is a breeze

Cons

Crowdrise does take a donor fee that's high enough that might turn off some donors to your Crowdrise page

Marie M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great service.

Reviewed on 2021/04/07

Overall, I believe this is great resource it’s easy to donate funds.

Pros

I like this service. It’s a great way to bring awareness and to raise funds for various causes and people. I have supported a few causes using this platform.

Cons

I didn’t really like that some of the causes people were soliciting funds were frivolous in my opinion. However, you always have the option to keep scrolling! So, I did. I have heard that funds are returned to donors if the cause is fraudulent. So that makes me feel a lot better.

Mohammed S.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Peer-to-Peer Fundraising made easy

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

We ran several campaign using two celebrities that did a friendly competition to see who could raise more funds for their favorite causes.

Pros

I love Crowdrise, it used to be 100% free and its allowed you to do more then most other peer-to-peer crowd funding platforms allowed. Crowdrise allows your nonprofit to create a profile that allows your supporters to link to your fundraising or start their own.

Cons

Don't have anything negative to say about this wonderful software, its free and easy to use.

Lon O.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Wes / CrowdRise the best

Reviewed on 2017/03/31

Last year we set up an account and again this year wanted to do the same. With the change in the partnership with GOFundMe and CrowdRise we were limited on what we could do this year. Sounds like a challenge but instead Wes and his awesome approach to customer service not only made my day but helped our baseball fundraiser maintain our continuity with our existing and new supporters. Simply put Wes and CrowdRise exceeded my expectations. The creativity, responsiviness & customer focus was as good as i have ever experienced. Thank you Wes

Pros

Simple

Cons

None

FUNdraising

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Pros

Our nonprofit uses CrowdRise for our largest fundraiser in the winter. Our supporters get to be involved in our fundraising and have their own space to do it. The tools that CrowdRise offers are easy to use and assist in soliciting donations from family and friends.

Cons

The CrowdRise layout seems to be constantly updating and changing, which is a good thing, but some users often get confused and have to reach out for help. Luckily, their customer support is amazing.

Crowdrise is wonderful

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

Pros

It was easy to set up a fund for our cause.

Cons

I do not have anything to complain about.

Ryan W.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Crowdrise saved my life!

Reviewed on 2017/04/11

I have been a member of the crowdrise community for a few years now and the impact that I have been able to see is incredible. This is the only site that I trust to use and you really see the community of crowdrise in a positive light. The support is overwhelming and the change and response is instant. I will use crowdrise as long as I'm still living!

Pros

Cons

No cons!

Jason B.

Solid!!!! A great tool that integrates email, social media and a well thought out brand.

Reviewed on 2017/03/02

What sets crowdrise apart in my mind is how it helps the fundraiser create a temporary "brand". It's important when fundraising to be able to tell your story, both the story of your organization, but also your own personal story. Crowdrise is intuitive, and it is also fun. I absolutely love the idea of having t-shirts that cannot be purchased, only "achieved" by making a difference. I hope our organization uses crowdrise for our major fundraiser again next year. It has been a great improvement over the sites we have used for the past 7 years for our major fundraiser for the year. Without this fundraiser, we wouldn't be able to offer the services our non-profit organization provides. Thanks crowdrise! You Rock!!!!!

• Industry: Philanthropy

Ok to start out

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

customer service is nice when you are paying for it, otherwise you are pretty much on your own and unable to customize much.

Pros

It is already set up and you can run it with ability to give to your cause. It works for our peer-to-peer fundraising for all our endurance events for now.

Cons

Trying to customize and link to partner systems becomes tricky since they want to promote and work on being an all in one system.

Mariam R.

Crowdrise

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Pros

My organization has been using crowdrise for the past 3-4 years for fundraising. In the past it was very easy to create our campaigns, upload pictures and videos as well as create team fundraisers. Each team was able to track their goals and reach the organization goal together.

Cons

Since crowdrise has been merged with gofundme, the interface has become less user friendly. Many of the options that were available before are now available if you updrade to their other plans.

Jon H.

Helps us tracking donations.

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

We use this product to help us track our donations and our donors.

Pros

This product helps us track and recognize our donors and their donations.

Cons

There is nothing I dont like about this product.

Mona C.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Set up several small fundraising activities for High School Groups.

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Fast payment, easy to thank donors.

Pros

Super easy. Easy to upload photos and customize site to your needs. Sharing couldn't be simpler using social media or email. Great organiztion of donors as they come in.

Cons

Would like the ability to just make a pledge without actually paying. Sometime you just want to get pledge amounts and have the ability for donors to pay later.