One Earth

Professional animal welfare & wildlife management software

4,5
4,4
4,3
4,6
Celina D.
Industry: Environmental Services

Great Software

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

Pros

This software was a little overwhelming at first, but the learning tutorials definitely helped and made it more user friendly. The software itself allows for customization based on customer needs, which I really like.

Cons

The navigation needs more work. You can't use the back button, so sometimes I need to go all the way back through a pathway to back up one step.

Kelli R.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Records no longer feel like a chore!

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

Pros

You don't need people's opinion on a fact. Do bears exist? Yes. Is One Earth the best record-keeping software for animal care and welfare? Objectively yes!

The user-friendly design, same-day customer service, and continual commitment to innovation makes this system the complete package! My favorite feature is the Express Session; I am able to input several individuals' records in mere minutes, and behavioral records no longer feel like a chore!

Cons

I work in an isolated location where I do not have access to internet or computers. A mobile app design which allows me to access individual diets (similar to the desktop Express Session layout) would be ideal!

Brian G.
Industry: Environmental Services

Very promising software, needs to address bugs

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

Functional and helpful overall, a good work in progress. But lots of details need to be addressed.

Pros

Potential for tracking just about everything we would want to regarding the exhibits. I haven't had to use it, but my collegues have been happy with customer service.

Cons

Buggy. System will crash if it doesn't like something. Comments are not always easy to find from basecamp. App does not have the same functionality as web app. Somethings are not user intuitive and it is not always easy to just go back a screen.

Response from OERCA

Thank you for taking the time to review OERCA. We take great care in understanding and incorporating end-user feedback and new ideas and are very appreciative of this type of feedback. We know constructive criticism is the lifeblood of a successful management system. We are constantly making changes to incorporate more centralized and intuitive functions and new technology when and where available. In 2018 we dedicated resources specifically to stability and are carrying that initiative into 2019 and beyond and hope you'll notice continual improvement.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Celina D.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Animal Care Software

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

It's a good software and I do like it for our facility. It's just a little complicated

Pros

I liked all of the options for accurate record keeping. You can record feed sessions, water changes, medical issues, basically anything you can think of. It's also great for keeping track of inventory. I liked the step by step tutorials that were offered when I first signed up, and the knowledge base is always helpful. Customer service is great, and I always receive a reply soon after I ask questions.

Cons

Overall, I think this software is complicated and not very easy to use. I constantly have to use the help email to ask questions and get clarification.

Response from OERCA

Thank you for this review. We are constantly striving to make a very comprehensive application as intuitive as possible (not always an easy task). You may have noticed a trend toward consolidation of functions within all our newest features and rebuilds. We're excited about changes coming in 2019 that will hopefully gain us a star back in the ease of use category :) Our humble thanks for being a member of OERCA.

Emily C.
Industry: Fishery

Everything you need in one place

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Pros

This is a wonderful piece of software for anyone who works in animal care. Keeping track of records for animals and exhibits can be difficult and confusing, but OERCA One Earth helps you keep everything you need in one safe, secure program. It's wonderfully organized and extremely user-friendly, which helps someone like me who sometimes has trouble learning new programs. It also can track trends and alert you when something appears to be off in terms of exhibit parameters.

Cons

Even though everything is organized and easy to find, not all features appear to be functional quite yet, at least for my organization. This can be frustrating when I want to add records to the program and it doesn't have the space for it yet.

Response from OERCA

Thank you for this review! We're really glad you like the application, but we're also very interested to know what features you need that are not functional or present. It's this kind of specific feedback that helps us to provide relevant solutions.

Emily C.

Very Convenient

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

When I first started this job (in an aquarium), there was no centralized place where records were stored. We didn't even have an animal census, and all of my data/records were being written in a spiral notebook. Now, I have a proper census, a place to store water quality results, diet records, animal health records, and any other pertinent data. It's a wonderful organization tool and I feel much less anxious about losing data or records.

Pros

I like how everything is in one place, and how easy it is to be connected to others who are also using this program. Anything I change is immediately visible to higher-ups; communication is easy and fast, meaning problems can be addressed and solved quickly.

Cons

It's not super user friendly to new people, and sometimes I still get lost while navigating. Luckily there is a series of introductory videos for beginners, which are very helpful.

Response from OERCA

Our humble thanks for taking time to provide such a thoughtful review. We love input from our users and this is top notch stuff. We're never satisfied with the system and always making improvements, like our recently added and always expanding "onboarding" guides. If there's a specific area that needs additional guidance, we would love to hear from you anytime.

Wayne P.

Dolphin Adventure

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

We enjoy using OERCA. Its integration of animal care and training systems have changed the way we operate.

Pros

Ease of use and support services are the exceptional aspect of the software

Cons

Some of the Animal Care functions could improve, as well as the ability to customise the Animal Care data.

Mark T.
Industry: Management Consulting

Always Improving

Reviewed on 2018/09/27

Pros

The system is getting better and better all the time, customer service is top notch.

Cons

There are some difficult features that seem older (but those are slowly being replaced).

Blayk M.
Industry: Retail

Bass Pro Shops

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

I needed an affordable option for animal records and one that could be customized to specific needs not commonly used in similar industry.

Pros

Easy to operate with or without Registrar
Intuitive platform which make remote training possible

Cons

Can be minimally buggy in a few areas

Daniel G.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

OERCA Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/04

Pros

The software has fairly feature rich and software support is responsive/helpful.

Cons

Some of the features do seem out of date and require more information than I feel is required. The nutritional plans need to be revamped in my opinion.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Industry: Facilities Services

The ease of Oerca

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

I'm extremely happy with One Earth and their software. It makes logging my data easy and enjoyable.

Pros

The software is easy to use and there is a function for every application. It's intuitive nature makes using the system a breeze and enjoyable.

Cons

If I'm going to nitpick, there maybe too many options or applications at my disposal.

Response from OERCA

We're thrilled that you enjoy using OERCA and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. That said, we know it's not perfect and look forward to continued user guidance in helping create the ideal management system.

Saelia H.
Industry: Fishery

Oerca is good, no issues here.

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

I’ve been using oerca a few months now and I’ve been able to get in quick, input the things I need and get out hassle free.

Pros

This software I think is very user friendly. The main dashboard is very simple to use and easy to find what you are looking for, also the big icons are appealing to the eyes, once again making everything easy to find.

Cons

My only complaint is that I’ve downloaded the Oerca app and i have never been able to log on through my phone. It will forever say loading. Booting up my laptop takes forever and so I wish I could just access oerca with my phone, it would be much quicker if it didn’t forever say loading.

Response from OERCA

Thank you for reviewing OERCA. We're sorry to hear you're having trouble with the mobile app. We are retiring the "native" app found in the iTunes and Google Play store in favor of the progressive web-app (PWA). Try simply going to the domain on your smartphone browser and then create a "Home" button. This will work exactly like a native app. Contact us through support if you continue to have any issues and thank you again.

Raulin F.
Industry: Facilities Services

OERCA

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Pros

Being able to track our entire collection and operations from one platform.

Cons

It seems to be geared more towards large mammals instead of diverse fish collections

Response from OERCA

We are very appreciative of your feedback, thank you for taking the time to review the One Earth system. OERCA did in fact start as a large mammal system; however, as of 2016 over 60% of our business is now aquarium management. We have a well developed master plan 90% of which comes from direct user feedback - that plan details a continual expansion of aquarium functionality (among others). Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Matthew K.
Industry: Fishery

Overall, a good functioning system

Reviewed on 2018/10/02

Overall, I am very pleased with One Earth, and look forward to growing our program with theirs.

Pros

Ability to retrieve data,
Ease of ain't entries to completed templates,
Ease of adjusting census numbers

Cons

Changing parameters in templates, adding species to census are more tedious than they need to be.

Carmelo C.
Industry: Hospitality

OERCA

Reviewed on 2018/09/29

Pros

I like that it's very easy to use, data entry is simple, and it's always online.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints, I really like the software and am glad I can use it. Much simpler, and works better than MS EXCEL.

Response from OERCA

Thank you for taking valuable time to provide a review of OERCA. Our most humble thanks.

Anne A.
Industry: Veterinary

Feature rich, easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/09/29

Pros

Entering water quality data is very simple and quick. I like the water quality report that allows for easy tracking of trends. They seem to make updates to improve the software functionality.

Cons

Some areas are not as straightforward or intuitive as they could be.

Olivia G.
Industry: Consumer Services
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Good Overall

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Pros

This program is super easy to use and overall very user friendly.

Cons

Some glitches still but usually gets adjusted and improved fairly quickly through customer service.