ResMan

Property management software for multifamily apartments

Becky O.

Easy, convenient

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Pros

I love that I can get an easy overview of my entire portfolio. The dashboard is useful, the reports are great and the software is very intuitive. There is an easy flow between products and everything is included in the monthly price.

Cons

I would like better reporting for excluded units

Jaimie O.

Smoothest Software Out There!

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

Overall positive!

Pros

Instead of having different modules added on in an attempt to stay updated, REsman has a smooth, fully integrated platform that is user friendly and was easy (relatively) to install. We appreciate their ability to use integration partners, rather than forcing their customers to use ONLY their product, especially to integrate with our own website, insurance partner etc. This allows us more flexibility and control over which services we choose to use. They are one of the friendliest softwares for our on-site teams and have super good help videos and instructions. They are easy to get along with and I predict they will give Yardi and Onesite a run for their money. I highly recommend!

Cons

The accounting processes did not mesh quite as well, but our accounting department was able to come up with work arounds that satisfied them. Customer service used to be above expectations, but I think they have had some turnover and although I do think their customer service reps are polite and effective, we are not likely to get our issues resolved in less than 1 to 2 weeks now.

Katelyn F.

ResMan Review

Reviewed on 2020/03/13

ResMan is overall very user friendly.

Pros

The feature I like most about this software is the texting capabilities. It allows us to reach our Resident at almost all times. I also like that ResMan typically integrates with other software easily.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is it seems like when there is an update there is often a glitch or the software crashes. This can usually be fixed by restarting my computer but can be frustrating if you are in the middle of something.

Response from ResMan

Katelyn,

Thank you for sharing your experience with ResMan. We agree the bi-directional SMS feature is great, especially when you need to keep track of resident communication in one place. I forwarded this feedback to our product team as well. We appreciate all feedback from our users.

Aaron Trujillo
ResMan | Marketing Director

Cindy H.
  • Industry: Hospitality

ResMan is the right choice

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

From the very beginning of researching ResMan, implementing, and our ongoing usage, we have been very fortunate to have hands on availability to those that can help us with any question or issue that comes up. With online training and additional webinars, we have been able to onboard a new accounting manager and Property Manager in no time at all. We are extremely thrilled!

Pros

This is the easiest product to use. Coming from a non-multi housing background, but using programs like Yardi in my past for Commercial Real Estate, ResMan, without taking any training, is the most intuitive program. It has every report you could ever need, the integrations are seamless, and the navigations through screens is super easy.

Cons

On property teams struggle a bit with the ease of the software, as it is completely different from Yardi and Property Matrix programs but it really can do so much more. I'm sure 2 years in we still haven't used all the functionality offered to us at this point.
Customer service was a little tough when you had a question in the beginning, but they have since moved to a new platform where you have a dedicated team and it works amazing.

Viki S.

Will Never Use Another Software

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

I have been using Resman since it was in the beta stage. I love this software. It's easy for employees to learn and easy to maneuver through.

Pros

I love the ease of corrections when mistakes are made. There is every report you can imagine. You have at least 2 to 3 ways to get somewhere in ResMan or what you are looking for.

Cons

I wish there was a better built in Marketing platform. We could post ads from ResMan to Facebook, Craigslist and others. Some numbers on the Reports don't match which is frustrating.

Brittany G.

Best Property Management Software

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

This is the best property management software I have used. I would recommend them every time.

Pros

Very user friendly and the chat support feature

Cons

Notifications for messages within the system. Glitches with applications

Response from ResMan

Thanks for your support, Brittany! Our teams work hard to make ResMan the most user-friendly property management platform on the market, so thank you for the feedback.

Jillian C.
  • Industry: Accounting

I love this system!

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

I love resman, again, user friendly, nice customer service. Love the home screen too!

Pros

I love Resman for the user friendliness of it. The system is easy to use, you can also look up anything that you need to know through resman, and the customer service department has helped me so many times and I never need to bother anyone from my company to ask anything because its so easy to get ahold of resman. They are very knowledgeable and friendly. Resman has many cool features and reports that help with everyday tasks. It just works!

Cons

I do not like how we cannot prorate the move outs when sending resident invoices.

Response from ResMan

Thanks for the feedback, Jillian!

We take a listen-and-lead mentality here at ResMan and we only get better because of our customers. I will be sure to pass your review on to our support and product development team.

Aaron Trujillo, Sr. Digital Marketing Manager

Richard T.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Easy tracking for multiople locations

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

Overall experience has been great. Invoice processing, rent collections, reports. All work very well for me.

Pros

I like having the ability to drill down into P&L statements for a location, then being able to just change the parameter to select another location without having to open another P&L first. ResMan provides instant updates of changes made in accounting by a simple refresh. Also, each apartment can have individual amenities listed and easy to update market pricing.

Cons

I know it is a safety feature, but when I switch windows to check emails for 20 minutes or so, ResMan forces me to sign back in. As I said, I realize the need for that, but the question is what I liked least and that is the only thing I don't care for.

Amy S.

ResMan is Awesome

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

On Facebook there is a group called Apartment Management and Maintenance Support Group. Every month there is someone asking which software package we recommend. I always throw out ResMan. It's inexpensive, but still a quality product. I've also recommended it to my personal HOA, where I sit on the board. I really believe in ResMan, its support, its reports, and the overall product.

Pros

I have used Yardi, Appfolio, Quickbooks and ResMan throughout my career. ResMan by far is the easiest to manipulate. It's a new product, and I like that the owners are willing to listen to suggestions and improvements. It has met my needs for everything property management has to offer.

Cons

Just small little items. For instance, on the lease expiration report, why would I ever want to mark former residents? It's set to default.

Benjamin F.

Best day to day tracking and reporting

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

As a very hands on management team we are big fans of the reporting and openness of Resman!

Pros

The day to day data tracking and reporting of industry standard KPI's is better than most softwares!

The rent, renewals, increases, exposure, expirations, etc, all the best we've seen! Invoices are stored neatly.

Cons

Collections don't seem to be fully integrated with our bank account (may be due to low income housing/recording of housing deposits?)

On sites sometimes struggle with inputting application dates and move in dates to be the same date.

Jenn H.

I enjoy ResMan

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

I have realized how easy and useful the variety of reports are. Such as lease expirations, delinquency, parking, etc. When I can't figure something out, the support team is always right there to walk me through the steps.

Pros

I like how many features there are. I also like how prompt and helpful the customer support team is.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard for me to figure certain things out (might just be user error.)

Araceli C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great Software!

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

Pros

Can be easily used and understood by anyone

Cons

I have not found any cons. All has been working well.

Response from ResMan

Thanks for the positive review, Araceli! We're thrilled that you love the ResMan platform.

Cheers!
Dennis Behrman | SVP of Marketing

Bailie E.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

ResMan Review

Reviewed on 2020/03/13

ResMan software is very useful in the apartment industry to keep us organized and get to tenant/prospect information fast and efficiently. ResMan helps me stay organized with it's many features, such as the calendar.

Pros

I love that the software is easy to use and easy to learn! I started using this software almost a year and when I first started it was easy to navigate and learn about the software. The software has a lot to offer and is very useful for our line of work! I love that is offers a calendar to keep you organized and that you can share those important dates with your co-workers!

Cons

I can't think of any features I do not like about ResMan. It has been very useful for me every since I have been using it.

Response from ResMan

Bailie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate your feedback. We are happy to hear our property management platform helps you stay organized on a daily basis and allows you to collaborate with co-workers.

Aaron Trujillo
ResMan | Marketing Director

Tiffany N.

Easiest software program I've ever used!!

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Love it AND WOULDN'T CHANGE IT FOR ANYTHING!!

Pros

The best thing i like about Resman is the help button. If you need assistance there is someone always available to help you.

Cons

The one down fall of Resman is due to it being internet based. Sometimes the program lags or is not working correctly. If with that being said it doesn't take long for the site to go back up and work properly again.

Response from ResMan

Tiffany, thanks for the review! We appreciate your time, so our teams work to make ResMan the most user-friendly property management platform on the market, so thank you for the feedback.

Reuven B.

Happy But Room for Improvement

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

Positive tool, but continued R&D needed to keep on top. Great potential yet to be realized.

Pros

Unitary Structure allows for easy access to all pertinent data and ability to drill down on transactions. In addition it provides a good platform for extended and related services much as RUB administration and tenant payment options.

Cons

Needs more available and better quality help support. I am referring to humans. It's spotty. Last time I checked budgeting function was not fully operational either.
Transitioning is often more difficult than necessary.

Karla P.

ResMan is amazing

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

By using ResMan we have been able to become more efficient in our processes, which helps us with our bottom line. ResMan has made serving our tenants a very positive experience.

Pros

I like how easy it is to navigate and find the areas that I need. It has allowed all of our five properties work seamlessly together. I love how we are able to communicate with our tenants and have it logged into their pages.

Cons

I dislike the ability to customize things based on our needs. I also dislike the new format for the Knowledge base information. I have been unable to find anything that I am looking for.

Angela T.

Angela's Review

Reviewed on 2020/08/05

LOVE it ... want more of it!!!

Pros

Integration, doing tasks in one spot. Efficiency.

Cons

you have to know where to go. I would like to see a work flow that is automated that a user could just click a button and get a task based on the users assignment to a group. Then the user can complete a single task or choose a bulk task. I would like the system to allow a User to set up a reminder to do anything and it pops up in a window rather than a task. less easy to ignore. I have lots of IDEAS. I would, one day love to work for resman an possibly be a the go-between between the client and development. Where a client can pay to customize the system. Just a thought! :)

Dorisbeth T.

Great Software!

Reviewed on 2020/08/10

Pros

Love how user friendly it is. Everything is on one application. Easy to understand.

Cons

Integration with other programs gives trouble sometimes.

Nichole S.

Resman is the "Apple" of ease of use

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

Seamless honestly. It is easy to use and it is easy to teach someone else.

Pros

I love how easy to use this software is. It takes little time to have to train any of my new staff on this software. It is easy to fix any issues made within an account. I rarely run up against anything that I would change.

Cons

I feel like there should be integrated forms that we can can generate; either for one rental account or in bulk. As well, I feel like the date should not advance automatically if all tasks are not completed for the day (move ins, move outs, SODAs, etc.) or the dates are not updated; similar to OneSite's daily checklist. I also miss OneSite's "to do" dashboard. It gave property managers a snapshot of the things they needed to complete, within the software, for the day.

Karen B.

Growing Painfully

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

I am very frustrated with the Affordable side of Resman. It takes a long time to get them to correct issues and often they do not get done. Some of their support staff are exceptional and others have no clue.

Pros

I like that Resman works well with offices that run multiple properties. It is easy to move from one property to the next and to move resident between properties. It also has a good selection of reports.

Cons

Resman does not handle many of the affordable property tasks very well. Doing recerts and renewals is very confusing and is not working the way it should. They don't seem to have a good grasp on the Affordable Housing needs. They are working to correct these, but it is a slow process.

Response from ResMan

Hi Karen,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. As you know, we have grown from a small startup with almost no resources. Oftentimes, rapid growth comes with growing pains like the ones you mentioned. Over the past 9 months, we have made substantial investments in our affordable edition. Expect to see those improvements rolled out over the next 3 months. We worked with one of the largest providers of affordable housing to make the best available product and we're wrapping up that work now.

Furthermore, our growth has required additional staff for the customer success team and we have high expectations. My hope is that you're experiencing the tremendous team we have now, as well as those who are still getting up to speed.

I'm happy to connect offline and help however I can. Expect one of our customer success leaders to reach out soon. Thanks for choosing (and sticking with) ResMan.

--Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing | [email protected]

Miranda R.

Easy way to keep track of employee hours

Reviewed on 2019/02/28

Pros

I used to create weekly reports for my boss that listed our team's hours on each project. It was easy to select the project and dates to filter so I could export the information to Excel for the reports. It was also easy to keep track of the employee's PTO each week. Having this software allowed me to create the reports I needed within a matter of minutes.

Cons

I did not have any cons while using this software.

Response from ResMan

Hi Miranda. Thanks for your review! Those reports you mentioned are great and our reporting is getting even better. We have a whole team working on creating the visibility and accuracy that property managers expect.

Regards,
Dennis Behrman | SVP of Marketing

Nathan P.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Why I like Resman

Reviewed on 2020/08/10

I love that Resman is a one- stop shop for my day to day activities at work and makes my day more efficient and smooth.

Pros

This is a simple, easy to use platform for keeping track of Residents, Work orders, Turns, and many other aspects of my every day duties.

Cons

I would love the ability to text Residents a blank message from inside the work order.

Jennifer M.

Simply The Best

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

We are able to go paperless in our leasing office and that is a huge deal for us and the environment.

Pros

I love how easy it is to navigate and use.

Cons

Sometimes there are a few settings that we aren’t sure how to change because there are settings for settings.

Jeffrey B.

ResMan

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

Pros

The best feature I love about this software is the search bar. You can look up whatever you need from that one tool.

Cons

I must say I have used a few property management software and this by far is my favorite.

Response from ResMan

Jeffrey, thanks for the thumbs up! We're so happy that you're satisfied with your software experience so far. Please keep in touch and let us know what we can do to help you be even more successful moving forward!

--Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing

Erik M.

Great system

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

Pros

Not too hard to navigate, but if I ever get stuck, I can usually get someone on the phone pretty quick. I manage three properties, and it's fairly seamless jumping from one to another. I really wish they had an easy to use app for the phone, but we just figured out they have a decent enough mobile site, so we've now set up our maint. man with that for doing our work orders.

Cons

There is a chat tab on the left side of the screen, in red that says HELP... but clicking on that is useless. No one ever responds. I really wish they had an easy to use app for the phone, but we just figured out they have a decent enough mobile site, so we've now set up our maint. man with that for doing our work orders.