ResMan

Multifamily & Affordable Properties Run Better on ResMan

Miranda
Miranda

Easy way to keep track of employee hours

Reviewed on 2019/02/28

Pros

I used to create weekly reports for my boss that listed our team's hours on each project. It was easy to select the project and dates to filter so I could export the information to Excel for the reports. It was also easy to keep track of the employee's PTO each week. Having this software allowed me to create the reports I needed within a matter of minutes.

Cons

I did not have any cons while using this software.

Response from ResMan

Hi Miranda. Thanks for your review! Those reports you mentioned are great and our reporting is getting even better. We have a whole team working on creating the visibility and accuracy that property managers expect.

Regards,
Dennis Behrman | SVP of Marketing

Sara

ResMan Property Management software

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

ResMan is good software, it is very user friendly. The ResMan support staff is very professional and courteous. The training we received when we first implemented the software at our company was first rate. Overall I think that ResMan is great.

Pros

I've used many different property management software systems over the years and ResMan is one of the most user friendly. I think with minimal training someone could very easily use ResMan and intuitively figure out how it works and how to accomplish most tasks. I have used ResMan since June 2015. I know our company has asked ResMan to add features, customize reports, etc and the software support has been very good. Typically anytime we have a problem or find a glich with the functionality, ResMan support is quick to reach out to us and usually is also quick to offer a solution.

Cons

I have noticed that when ResMan runs an update or adds a feature or enhancement, there can be issues with the functionality of other unrelated features. My experience has been that those minor issues that I've encountered have been corrected very quickly and usually before I have the opportunity to report them. Also, I feel that while there are a great deal of available financial reports however the reports features aren't as in depth or as numerous as what you might find with other property management software.

Karen

Growing Painfully

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

I am very frustrated with the Affordable side of Resman. It takes a long time to get them to correct issues and often they do not get done. Some of their support staff are exceptional and others have no clue.

Pros

I like that Resman works well with offices that run multiple properties. It is easy to move from one property to the next and to move resident between properties. It also has a good selection of reports.

Cons

Resman does not handle many of the affordable property tasks very well. Doing recerts and renewals is very confusing and is not working the way it should. They don't seem to have a good grasp on the Affordable Housing needs. They are working to correct these, but it is a slow process.

Response from ResMan

Hi Karen,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. As you know, we have grown from a small startup with almost no resources. Oftentimes, rapid growth comes with growing pains like the ones you mentioned. Over the past 9 months, we have made substantial investments in our affordable edition. Expect to see those improvements rolled out over the next 3 months. We worked with one of the largest providers of affordable housing to make the best available product and we're wrapping up that work now.

Furthermore, our growth has required additional staff for the customer success team and we have high expectations. My hope is that you're experiencing the tremendous team we have now, as well as those who are still getting up to speed.

I'm happy to connect offline and help however I can. Expect one of our customer success leaders to reach out soon. Thanks for choosing (and sticking with) ResMan.

--Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing | [email protected]

Jamie

Resman Lover

Reviewed on 2023/10/26

Pros

Resman is easy to use, and if I cannot figure something out, the library of information is plentiful. It is easy to search and find the relevant information I need. Customer Service is top-notch. There are many other services that integrate with Resman. Overall, this is the best property management system that I have ever used and I have been in the industry just shy of 20 years.

Cons

Sometimes it will glitch and if a manager and I are sharing screens, I may not have the same updated data. This is easily resolved by restart or a fresh day.

Response from ResMan

Hello Jamie, thank you for taking the time to review the ResMan platform. We're ecstatic to hear the positive experience you've had with us compared to other platforms! We appreciate you sharing your insights with us. Have a great day!

Kate

Efficient, Effective and User Friendly

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

My experience with Res Man has been great! I have been using the software for roughly 4 years, it has been very intuitive and helpful.

Pros

Res Man offers user friendly functions that make even the most novice of user, feel like a pro. I love how easy the system is to navigate. I also enjoyed the multiple integration options to additional vendors and partners to expand the multilevel use of the platform.

Cons

I am not a large fan of the reporting layout. I do like the drilling in aspect on the reports that link you back to Res Man to research if needed. But, the combing through the reports on the report page us not friendly to the eyes and it is very easy to overlook something you need quickly when in a rush.

Diane

Aspire Review

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Overall, our experience has been very good. The implementation and training we paid for was unfortunately sub par to say the least, leaving us with several significant issues to address on our own. These have been rectified, however not without "pain". For the most part everyone we work with at ResMan is responsive and more than willing to do what they can to help. Their online chat support is wonderful. It is a tool, as well as their help section that i strongly encourage everyone to use. A year into using the system, we just about have all our bugs worked out! Again, I contribute much of this to our sub par training at implementation.

Pros

The fact that it is so user friendlyfor both onsite and corporate associates while providing the reports needed.

Cons

THE BUDGET portion of the package. Needs to be able to accommodate properties with no ResMan history. Right now it only works for those who have history.

John

Great for Large Multifamily Property Managers

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

We used this software for about 6 months and switched. Onboarding was great. We were unique in that we had a lot of single-family properties and we had to make the software work for them but it was not meant for single-family and ultimately switched after 6 months.

Pros

The accounting function of this software was great. I was able to generate recurring bills monthly and automate many of monthly tasks. Onboarding was great, though costly, they had a great team get everything into their system and we had a great trainer come to our office and train the staff. No long term commitment, month to month pricing.

Cons

Even though it is not module based it is very similar to module-based software companies. You have to add the leasing vendor, a payment processor for tenants and collections integration. In all this software gets quite expensive very quickly. Not great software for commercial properties or single-family homes. They charge per property and cost starts to skyrocket.

Kayla
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Property Manager

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

Pros

The software is my best friend and easy to use not only on the computer but on my phone as well using google chrome or safari. The bulk text messaging, email, form letters, and much more. I am very pleased with the software in its entirety and can't wait to see what other enhancements are to come!

Cons

There isn't much that I don't like about this software. It would be great to have a Resman app!

Marie
  • Industry: Accounting

An Accountant's Perspective

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

The best thing about Resman from our standpoint is the accounting functions. Other software companies on the market focus on managing tenants but lack proper accounting making us, as the accountants, use to QBO or Xero. Resman has solved that problem !

Pros

Our firm specializes in managing multi-family real estate properties for our customers. Resman is by far the most robust real estate software available, especially the multitude of reports that can be generated. It is a full service tenant management program along with a full service back-end accounting program.

Cons

The software is a bit pricey for smaller investors. We have also found implementation glitches when we are not involved directly with the clients implementation process.

Reasons for Switching to ResMan

Although Resman is considerable more expensive that other software, in the end the software does everything we needed in one package. No need to find work-arounds or us add-in apps to get both tenant management, property management, and accounting.

Response from ResMan

Marie,

We work hard to make sure we are on the leading edge of property management technology and accounting is at the core of what we do. Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. We absolutely appreciate such positive feedback from an accounting professional.

Aaron Trujillo, Sr. Digital Marketing Manager

Ken

Resman runs our entire business - great software

Reviewed on 2020/08/10

Excellent product

Excellent product

Created by operational people
Easily integrated with other software

Cons

Wish it was a little cheaper (don't we always)

Maryanna

Resman Review Questions

Reviewed on 2019/06/19

This is the first time I've used this program in this industry so it's a difficult thing for me to compare.

Pros

For the most part, the program is user friendly. New employees are able to pick up basics fairly easily.

Cons

I truly don't like when we have to trouble shoot an issue. The help (?) icon rarely offers any support when ever I use it to research an issue. When I've had to call the customer service agent the help takes so long to get, so I don't want to even call.

Jeanne

Poor support for complex program, Lots of features, big learning curve (even experienced...

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

Liked the client format and ability to gather & share info w/clients. Liked integration with Bluemoon leases.

Pros

Lots of features (ability to upload photos, pets info, vehicles, leases). Seems simple at first, until you begin adding data & its counter-intuitive. Does have wide variety of multiple Report choices. Nice format to send client emails, notices and statements.

Cons

Very long-learning curve (even for experienced managers); sell `ease of moving into their system, but it isnt easy and doesnt have a smooth transition (& havent heard of any of our peers who did either). support isnt available in evenings (when mgrs. often need help, as apt offices are very busy during day hours). Unresponsive to recommendations. Chat (during day) is not very quick (are friendly) and has to escalate issue (which may take several days of going back & forth before issue is resolved if it can be resolved. Posting collections affects NOI and bottom line greatly (many owners/mgrs. who are doing major rehabs in class b-c-d properties no longer even list collections (which used to warn future landlords about a resident) because it affects their bottom line so negatively in Resman. There's not a way to make some GL accts options (or to have as optional or line-item info in reports as has been requested). Vendor invoices dont lay out like industry standard. Initial settlement statements input (even if done by Resman) and security deposits can mess up your system for years. Corrected posting errors in banking info cannot be hidden but show up, making scrolling post those corrected errors very long and disjointed. We have many friends in MF industry and all report difficulty & complexity of Resman, but like some of their better features. It isnt user-friendly or simple. Can have complex integration w/other partners initially or until you have kinks worked out.

Response from ResMan

Jeanne, thanks for your review. Our goal was to offer a single end-to-end system for operators in the field that included everything you need to manage a portfolio of assets. We knew we were on the right track, and in particular our product's workflows, resident communications, and the reliability of our data and reporting have garnered kind reviews.

In the six months since you wrote this review, we have worked hard to grow and improve our customer success team, and our case management and resolution numbers are looking great these days. We know that there's always room for improvement, so we'll be rolling out new ways to learn how to use ResMan, including online training, in the coming months.

We're truly grateful for your business, and please reach out for help if you need anything.

--Dennis Behrman

Melanie

Great Program

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

Overall the program works great and I enjoy using it.

Overall the program works great and I enjoy using it.

Pros

Resman makes it easy to communicate with your residents. The text feature is by far my favorite thing.

Cons

The Easy Lease integration with Blue Moon. There are lots of bugs that never seem to get fixed. Things that previously work, just stop working. Also, there should be a way to merge duplicate contacts.

Response from ResMan

Melanie, thanks for taking the time to review ResMan!

Your remarks about Blue Moon are a regular topic of discussion in our office. Leasing laws and regulations are abundant, lengthy, complex, and frequently changing. That makes integrations and automation challenging since every time a regulation is introduced or modified, a form needs to be changed, which requires the software to be updated. It can be frustrating for users and software developers alike!

We have a team that monitors for changes and implements software updates as fast as possible. We envision a day when Blue Moon integration rarely results in a bug. We're constantly working toward that goal.

Thanks for your business! We love all of our friends at 1st Choice!

Dennis Behrman | SVP of Marketing

James

ResMan

Reviewed on 2023/09/18

I enjoy using ResMan but sometimes it can be buggy and glitch out. Such as only pulling up the unit you have open, regardless of what you type in the search bar, and sometimes it takes forever to load (rarely).

Pros

The boardroom displays everything you need to know about your property and Leasing Consultants can see how the property is doing overall.

Cons

It is not all-in-one and does not include everything; you have to use other applications for different features.

Response from ResMan

Thank you so much for sharing your experience using ResMan! We're very excited to hear that our BoardRoom allows you the visibility you need to effectively succeed in your role! That's the goal! I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to help improve future experiences. If there is a partner or integration that you would like to incorporate within our solution, feel free to reach out to your account team and they can provide you helpful feedback, as ResMan wants to make sure our partners have the power of choice. Thank you again for sharing with us!

Todd

Keep Resman Boardroom based and do not "bolt" new features on as this will diminish software.

[sensitive content hidden]
is the reason we stay with Resman. She has and continue to Manage us...

[sensitive content hidden]
is the reason we stay with Resman. She has and continue to Manage us through any hurdles. The Software is the best option in the industry in my experience and I have used Real Page, Yardi, MRI, and other products and hands down Resman is the best experience.

Pros

Boardroom based single landing page for functionality. Keep the system this way or it will become Yardi, Real Page, MRI, and they are terrible user experiences.

Cons

Resman is growing fast and you need to make sure you hire and fire the correct people so that you Brand continues to strengthen.

Response from ResMan

Hello Todd, thank you so much for reviewing the ResMan platform. We appreciate you sharing your experience and insights with us! We're thrilled that the BoardRoom is a functionality you enjoy. I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to help improve the experience in the future and keep ResMan ahead of the game. Thank you again and have a great day!

Shelley
  • Industry: Accounting

Resman

Reviewed on 2023/11/07

Very pleased with this product - I have been here 26 years and this multi family product is the best one that is out there

Pros

Ease of use - all areas are covered - communication is solid

Cons

Nothing really - its been so easy setting into the use of Resman - its always been functional

Response from ResMan

Hello Shelley, thank you so much for taking the time to review ResMan. We're happy to hear the platform is user-friendly and overall has all the functionality you need to succeed in your role. It means a lot that we're your preferred property management software with the experience you've shared. Thank you for sharing your insights with us. Have a fantastic day!

Veanessa

ResMan Fan

Reviewed on 2023/09/15

Excellent!

Excellent!

Pros

User-friendly, cost-efficient, and ease to train.

Cons

Integration partner processes could be improved.

Response from ResMan

Thank you so much for sharing your experience using ResMan! We're so happy to hear that our solution has been user-friendly, cost-efficient, and easy to train on. Those words speak volumes and we can't thank you enough for sharing with us. Our goal is to make sure our solution is intuitive for anyone, no matter what role they're in. Thank you again for your feedback! Have a wonderful day!

Cindy
  • Industry: Hospitality

ResMan is the right choice

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

From the very beginning of researching ResMan, implementing, and our ongoing usage, we have been very fortunate to have hands on availability to those that can help us with any question or issue that comes up. With online training and additional webinars, we have been able to onboard a new accounting manager and Property Manager in no time at all. We are extremely thrilled!

Pros

This is the easiest product to use. Coming from a non-multi housing background, but using programs like Yardi in my past for Commercial Real Estate, ResMan, without taking any training, is the most intuitive program. It has every report you could ever need, the integrations are seamless, and the navigations through screens is super easy.

Cons

On property teams struggle a bit with the ease of the software, as it is completely different from Yardi and Property Matrix programs but it really can do so much more. I'm sure 2 years in we still haven't used all the functionality offered to us at this point.
Customer service was a little tough when you had a question in the beginning, but they have since moved to a new platform where you have a dedicated team and it works amazing.

Samantha

Great for Affordable Housing

Reviewed on 2023/09/07

Pros

I like that Resman has the ability to apply late fees automatically and the quick qualify feature that quickly checks income and shows what set-aside the applicant would potentially qualify for. I like the TIC creation and how easy it is to follow, it's made a huge difference not having to do them by hand.

Cons

I feel that the integration with AvidXchange could be better as I have noticed before avid, when a P.O was converted to an invoice the P.O would change to "completed" and disappear from your active "approved" queue of P.Os. With avid, these P.Os hang out and it can get confusing if not paying close attention.

Response from ResMan

Thank you so much for sharing your experience using ResMan! We're so glad that our solution has been helpful for you in the Affordable Housing space as this has been a top priority for us. We hope it helps allow you to put more focus on your residents and the community, instead of issues with your software. That's the goal! I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to help improve future experiences. Thank you again for sharing with us!

LaVone
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Ashton Heights - Office Staff - Use Resman

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

To be truthful, I don't know what business problems are solved.

To be truthful, I don't know what business problems are solved.

Pros

It is relatively easy to navigate through the various aspects of Resman

Cons

There is problems with the payments deposited to Resman do not make it to the Ledger of the Resident.
Just recently, deposited a money order for the resident in 1120. It is on the Deposit Batch, but did not post
to the residents ledger.

I am having problems with transferring residents from one unit to another. Even after the Transfer there is still the message of pending transfer (click here) on the previous unit.

Processing invoices for payment and the scan to attach. I, today, selected a scanned invoice to attach and I access everything except the one I needed. Example is, invoice scanned had last numbers or 420, I select
that, I get scans for 415/414/420. I continue to try and eventually I am able to get the correct invoice attachment. It is frustrating and consume too much time.

Response from ResMan

Hi LaVone,
I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues. Since you have described your situation in detail, I am forwarding your information to our customer support team so that they can get in touch with you. And if you have any more questions, feel free to email me. --Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing | [email protected]

Alexander

A Property Management Must!

Reviewed on 2020/06/12

This is the most user friendly, adaptable program I’ve ever used. I want this where I work!

Pros

All of the “I wish xxxxxx software could do” and it “things would be easier if our program did this/that”.... ResMan does it! I worked in ResMan for a short period while working with BSR Trust and was in one of the first training programs. I have recommended ResMan to every management company there after. Delinquency notes, resident communication, reporting... ResMan is top notch!

Cons

Honestly I can’t not think of anything I dislike about ResMan. I would recommend a large, skilled sales team so more places will concert to ResMan

Response from ResMan

Alexander,

Our teams try very hard to be the most user-friendly property management platform on the market, so thank you for the feedback. We love it!

Regards,

Aaron Trujillo
Director of Demand/Sales Operations

Francisca
  • Industry: Executive Office

Assistant Manager Review

Reviewed on 2023/11/08

I have worked with various softwares and I appreciate how easy it is to understand and learn Resman

Pros

It is user friendly.

Cons

One of the main things that can be frustrating is, I found that when residents are transferred from one unit to another, when the resident attempts to pay rent for their new apartment, due to them using the same email for both apartments it doesnt allow them to pay rent at their new unit because their email address is attached to their old unit. I feel that once the move out rec is done it should void the resident form their previous unit that they transferred from.

Response from ResMan

Hello Francisca, thank you so much for taking the time to review ResMan. We're happy to hear the platform is user-friendly and easy to understand compared to other solutions you've used in the past. I'll be sure to share your additional feedback regarding transfers with the team to help improve the experience in the future. Thank you for sharing your insights with us. Have a fantastic day!

April

ResMan Makes the World a Better Place

Reviewed on 2023/11/03

Pros

Regarding the ownership side of multifamily, ResMan makes managing and overseeing the assets so much easier and efficient. I have experienced using almost all of the property management software platforms and ResMan is by far the most functionally competent one out there.

Cons

My only con is that all of my assets aren't using ResMan, working on making this change mandatory.

Response from ResMan

Hello April, thank you so much for taking the time to review ResMan. We're glad to hear the platform helps owners and operators both manage and oversee assets easily and efficiently as that is a key part of making sure all areas of the business have the support and tools they need to succeed. Thank you for sharing your insights with us. Have a fantastic day!

MaryAnn
  • Industry: Investment Management

Great quality Program

Reviewed on 2023/10/26

Our overall experience has been wonderful. Coming from using other programs and comparing them to ResMan. We can honestly say that the simplicity of using this program has helped the smooth operation of our property.

Pros

We love how easy and simple it is to use the program. You have quick links that allow you the fast way to give information or get any information that is needed. You don't waste a lot of time trying to find a resident or unit with you quick links. The delinquency tracking is amazing as well. We have had the best outcome with ensure that our residents are paying on time and getting information out to those who might have fallen behind.

Cons

I feel that there is very little to not like about ResMan. We enjoy most of what the product gives.

Response from ResMan

Hello Mary, thank you so much for taking the time to review the ResMan platform. We're so happy to hear that ResMan helps enable its users to be the best they can in their roles, and that the ease of use is a highlight for the team. Thank you for sharing your insights with us. Have a fantastic day!

Daniel

Great Property Management Software

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

It has been great having a software that streamlines turns, work orders, and also helps you keep your budget inline.

Pros

This product is very user friendly and does everything you need it to.

Cons

when we first started using this product, ROI the lizard was used at icons and helped with getting to know the software. He isnt used as much but i think if he was it would help new users.