2 507 reviews

Telegram

Cloud-based mobile and desktop messaging app for all devices

2 507 reviews
Janne M.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Excellent small tool for communications to externals and subcontractor

Reviewed on 2021/03/26

Easy to setup and lightweight and allows for confidential discussions in groups and/or in pairs. Does the job.

Pros

Telegram is a nice tool, with good usage options (web UI, mobile app, desktop app). It encrypts all the messaging automatically and it's even impossible to disable the encryption. This allows for communication of confidential business topics as well.

Cons

Telegram doesn't provide any kind of APIs and the integration possibilities are very low. However, for simple chat in a group or between two peers Telegram is a great app. Don't expect any nice integrations to other messaging tools, agile management products or kanban boards.

Nibaruta I.

One of the best messaging apps

Reviewed on 2021/03/04

My experience as an individual user or business has been amazing. It's one of the oldest that I preferred special when it comes to disappearing messages or by just allowing admin to be the one to update the group.

Pros

It good for individual use or for business groups if you have a large following or customer base that needs to be updated daily or periodically. Smooth with unlimited features. doesn't matter which messaging app you are using Telegram is always something to have

Cons

Satisfied so far. It's better than most that are out there in the open. user friendly, color is one of my favorite.

Souhil S.
  • Industry: Design

Fast and Secure Messaging App and It's Free

Reviewed on 2021/02/15

Telegram is an amazing app with a lot of helpful and cool features and It helped me to stay in contact with a lot of friends and clients without worrying about my data security and safety.

I will keep using it and I'm very happy with all the hard work Telegram doing and I hope in the future they will add more features.

Thank you Telegram.

Pros

I really like it because It's %100 free and very easy to use with a user-friendly UI.

It allows me to use it on all the platforms and I really like the windows desktop software.

I feel really safe and secure using Telegram daily and I never had a privacy problem and I like the end-to-end encryption option in the Telegram secret chat option.

It allows me to send large files and share them with my friends.

I can customize a lot of things in my Telegram Interface and I like the cool designs and themes.

The chatbot integration is amazing and it allows me to create a bot and do whatever I want with it and It's very helpful in my opinion.

The new video calling option is great and the best thing is I can use it on the desktop software and since I start using it I never had a problem with the audio or the video quality.

The stickers collection is a cool and nice touch to the app and I love it because It makes the boring chats look very different and it allows me to say what I want to say without writing anything.

The android app is super awesome and I really like it and have been using it for years now and I really appreciate the hard work and the updates I get from Telegram.

Cons

I really would like to see all my chats on the secret chat option to get the end-to-end encryption option to feel more safe and secure.

Tauseef A.
  • Industry: Online Media

Telegram is currently the best communication software

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

I have been using telegram since long, And using it only when I have to contact my seniors and friends who are already using it to communicate with our freelancing team. We often use it to share secret documents and files that need more security. We use telegram to share our picnic photos with all our friends as it don't compress your photos and keep the quality original.

Pros

I have been using telegram for last 2+ years for all mt business and secret chat, I can share documents, location, files, photos, videos, voice and even video msseages. You can make multiple telegram groups and add more people in it, you can clear the chat, delete chat history, you can do what ever you need.
One thing to mention is that it keep the quality of your files and photos original and don't compress it.

Cons

Still not experienced any cons but one thing to mention is that it still need promotions, because if you want to contact someone through telegram you will see them absent because in your contact list only a few people will be there. Simply would say that only few people know about the goodness of telegram.

Vincent T.
  • Industry: Accounting

Communicating via Telegram in Fiji Businesses

Reviewed on 2020/11/06

Telegram allows for fast & efficient communication lines that is critical for the business. I would definitely recommend it to other business owners as an alternative from the conventional apps like Viber or Whatsapp.

Pros

Telegram is a great 'messenger' type communications tool that is widely unknown and underused. Something that is really great is that you can use it on your phone and on your computer. This may not sound like much but when you are responding to emails and also telegram messages, this feature makes a huge and valuable difference. Also, with the capability to handle large file sharing, Telegram becomes very helpful & an alternative to sending emails every time you need to send a document or media file. This is vital especially when you are out in the field and you are sending documents back & forth between employees or clients. One main reason Telegram became the communication app of choice for our company was that all messages and information exchanged was encrypted and private. This meant a lo t for our business as we had a lot of intellectual property in terms of helicopter routes and procedures we wanted to keep private. Telegram helped a great deal.

Cons

Since you can automatically exchange info with a contact on Telegram once the usual permissions are granted, you risk having information from your phone leaked to the other party. An example was when a new employee installed Telegram on his phone, all his contacts were synced to another employees phone.

Miquéias B.
  • Industry: Food Production
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

The best application to send messages and not miss anything

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

I am an employee of a beverage manufacturing company and my team always complained about the loss of production information such as videos, images or data sheets in a competing application. What happened is that when sharing this data in this application, the user did not have the possibility to save it in the cloud, right when the application was uninstalled, the data disappeared with it. When presenting the Telegram application, my team had, in addition to the normal functionality of a messaging application, the possibility of storing data in the cloud. Even if the application was uninstalled, when installing it the user had the possibility to recover all the data. This was undoubtedly a great differentiator for my team.

Pros

I am passionate about the Telegram app. It is very practical, has a range of features such as the possibility of having a quick reading of external information in the application itself, without having to be directed to the website in question. In addition, the application also has a built-in player that allows users who receive videos from other platforms such as Youtube, Spotify and SoundCloud to have the experience of checking these contents without leaving the app. But what I like most about this application is that the user does not lose any information about the groups he participates in, even if the user needs to reinstall the application. This is because Telegram stores all data in the cloud, this is undoubtedly the biggest differential of this app, in my opinion.

Cons

As I said, I love this app, but I miss the moderation of content in the app. Some colleagues, who are users, reported that they already found inappropriate content in the group and I was also unlucky enough to find it too. I believe that if moderating content were a little more effective, this app would undoubtedly be much more used among users.

Jonathan L.

Highly Accessible Encrypted Chats

Reviewed on 2020/03/27

A significant amount of my business is done over chat apps rather than email. They've become so robust over the years that I can send files, photos, etc. and skip email completely. I was using WhatsApp for about 6 months before joining Telegram because of its superior accessibility. I loved that I could download an app on my iPad, iPhone, and Mac and have my messages pushed to me. WhatsApp would fail me if I lost my phone because it was mobile based. I also loved that I could start a "channel" including my business partners where they could follow news or notices internally without having to create a group.

Pros

Definitely my favorite thing about Telegram is that its accessible on every device. There's a native app for iPhone/Mac/iPad/Android... This is incredibly important for my business because we travel often and sometimes encounter situations where a phone is lost or stolen. Unlike WhatsApp, which is phone-only, Telegram allows you to open your computer, get wifi, and receive all your chats as if nothing happened. That feature alone has saved my business countless times.

Cons

Getting started with Telegram takes a bit of patience to figure out all the features. For example, it isn't immediately clear what the difference is between a chat and a secret chat. And the UI's create chat button only has the secret chat option, which creates the chat locally on the device instead of cloud pushed to all your devices. It would be nice to have more clarification and a 'create normal chat' button so it's obvious that there is even a second option.

Jessica D.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Telegram = Texts That Transcend Encryption for Total Privacy

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

Want privacy? Telegram. Want total security in the messages you send and or receive? Telegram. Wanna keep up with the Joneses and keep your privacy in check, no matter what technological advances may come? Telegram. In the span of seconds, upon pressing "Get" on the app in the app store, Telegram downloads as a cute little robin blue box, allows you to sign in and sign up that first time, through either a preexisting app already in use like Facebook, or through an entirely new clean email sign up, and from there, just get your people to follow suit, and then all parties are covered and can customize their privacy features in the app itself, like that self-destructing option where messages, upon arrival or after being sent, are POOF! Gone. After a few seconds or minutes or hours or days, up to you.

Pros

Ever feel a pang of fear or the ever pressing weight of wariness as your finger hovers over that send button in your text messages? Not necessarily for any criminal-like related entity, not at all, but just for your, and your recipient's, general privacy and possible lack there of? Ever desire the impenetrable promise of total privacy, for your info, thoughts, feelings, MESSAGES? Wake up ya goose, Telegram may sound old-fashioned and outdated, but is is anything but! In fact, Telegram has the most up to date and highest level of encryption that keeps up with the latest technological advances that threaten to undermine people's privacy and ensures it. It ACTUALLY does what it promises, and I will not tell you how I know that, but I do in the strictest most impervious sense, it enables a complete layer of security that cannot be breached or broken, and frankly, Telegram and its competitor Signal are the ONLY to do so, at least to my awareness. Either of these apps legitimately give you 100% privacy in the messages you send & receive. You can even enable further privacy features to bolster your sense of protection, such as enabling your messages to self-destruct after a certain amount of time, say five minutes or a week, to be forever gone, lost in the ether, never to be found again, FOR REAL. Yes, it's undoubtedly the mafia's go to as well, but hey, don't hate the player, hate the game. Telegram can envelope you in total security (see what I did there).

Cons

The only con for Telegram, and by proxy Signal, is that your respective recipient(s) must have the app installed on their phone as well, and must be signed in/have an account, which you can do instantly by signing in with a modality of options, ie Facebook, etc, and you only have to do it that first time, so it's pretty effortless, in order for the both of you to enjoy that total promise of privacy. Well worth the five seconds of downloading it and signing in and up though and well worth the time it takes to let others know what you now know. Telegram or BUST.

Yomi S.

Telegram

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

It made me reach a whole lot of people in just one group and I was able to improve a lot of people's health challenge which gave me a good boost socially. I can recommend it to anyone who would want to reach the whole world.

Pros

Firstly, I love this app because it has the ability to hold a lot of contacts in a group. I remember when I started a seminar on health. I wanted to reach so many people at the same time. Telegram chat made it easy, fast and safe because I was able to reach a large number of people at a go and they were all inviting people into the group. I could remember I had over 13,000 group members and most of them were all active. This was able to change their lives and we got to learn from each other.
I also love the fact that you can call other chat members in the group without getting to know their phone numbers or they knowing yours. It keeps your contact number safe while you communicate through telegram voice call.
You are also able to create your own sticker to customize your feelings or mood. It can also be used to illustrate a particular thing you are talking about or used as a promotion tool if you are running a mini advert too.
Another good thing about Telegram is that on like other communication apps, you can import any kind of file to your telegram to your contact.
You can also block people from adding you to a group without your consent which is a very good way staying away from scam groups and unwanted individuals.

Cons

I cannot see anything wrong with Telegram from my end.

Oleksandr T.

Can't live without it, the #1 tool in my everyday workflow.

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

As a product manager of the R&D startup team, I use telegram both as a tool for communicating with the team, and as a tool for monitoring processes and systems, and even as a development tool. I removed all other messengers and concentrated on only one.

Pros

Perhaps the best thing about it is the continuous improvement of features to make this great communication tool even better. Telegram has replaced many programs for me in my daily work as a product manager.

Cons

The biggest pain is spam. you can be added to any group without your consent, and this happens 5 times a day.

Paul Z.

Telegram, the richest, fastest and perfect messenger for the user and developer!

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

Having a few channels in test on the website for people to be notified when there is a new firmware for a specific camera available, people are slowly joining :-)

Pros

If you don't try, you don't know what others have to offer, Telegram is really developed in a short time!
Sorry to say, but it has more functionality than another big messenger app.
The look and feel are like other messenger apps, but you see the difference when adding a sticker pack, rich graphics, its thinking with you, for example when you select a Christmas tree, it shows all related Christmas trees, so no need to look further, awesome. Sending photo's are quick, sending documents no problem, no delay, its even more transparant, if there is no network, it tells you that its looking for the network.

Another great thing is channels, you can create a channel, in my case I created on for my job, with different post names for different topics, you can embed it easily on the website and this way you may people also more aware of this awesome app, given developers a free hand without to many checks like others do.

The feeling in Telegram is more smooth, cleaner interface and rich with functionality, like sending a voice message, it shows you nicely the length and the level of DB of your recording, nice.

I would like to switch completely to Telegram, I really hope it wins the market, cause it really deserves it!

Cons

No everybody has Telegram and not everybody is willing to switch, I will invite all the people I know to use, but I really hope that more and more people will make the switch!

Mupo M.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Telegram is a safe, real-time messaging service.

Reviewed on 2021/03/29

When I first started using this app, I took advantage of a lot of benefits by forming communities of as many people as possible. This helped me get a lot, which resulted in a significant boost in sales for my business. I was able to exchange huge files with clients and coworkers that could be accessed without any problems, and I continue to be able to do so. Personally, I believe it is the best chat platform currently accessible.

Pros

Before the huge names such as WhatsApp and Viber came onboard, Telegram was one of the only messaging applications providing end-to-to-end encryption. Telegram has a long-existing reputation for dependability and works up to standards. It also has a slew of valuable integration functions. Telegram has always been incredibly quick, with no file size restrictions.

Cons

This mail client can make you feel uneasy if you aren't familiar with how to deal with automated spam and abuse. Furthermore, Telegram users are inundated with messages at an incredibly fast rate.

Larissa P.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

best conversation application for your business

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

Solved my communication problem with company employees, due to social isolation.

Pros

I use the telegrama for work, what I like best and its biggest difference is the ability to send files without a size limit, allowing to send large media sending videos of over 100MB, besides allowing to make a very large group of people being able to pass more accurate information, in this pandemic scenario caused by the covid the telegram has been the solution for our work home office.

Cons

Aesthetically the application could be more organized, I still miss the video conference calls in the application, I hope it is on the list of next updates.

Summer A.
  • Industry: Import & Export

Great app

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

I really like the app and I use it daily with most of my friends and I keep whatsapp for my business clients.

Pros

I like the fact that it is more secure than whatsapp. I think there is a web based telegram, but to be honest I have only ever used the phone app
The emojis are a scream.
The app is very stable (for texting)
It is easy to use and the settings are easy to set up too.

Cons

I really do not like that as soon as you join, the software automatically sends a notification to everyone that you have joined... including the people you didn't want to alert!!
The phone features (calling) were really awful to begin with (2 years ago). I notice that the calls are now clearer and less likely to freeze. It is still pretty unreliable though.

Sonali S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

The BEST chatting app, EVER

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

Pros

I am so in love with Telegram, it has been a few years since I have been using it. If you are one of those who still use Whatsapp; here's something new that you should REALLY try. Telegram is cloud based, which means that it truly supports multiplatform use (what WA does, is just a hack. it uploads the data from your phone, so that your laptop/web can access it). Telegram has a lot of cool features which keep getting better and better. Recently they introduced animated stickers, which are SOOOOOOO cute. The platform never stops to surprise me, in a really good way. It also has in-built audio player and file sharing can be done in a breeze.

Cons

There is no downside to it whatsoever. You might feel that your contacts are not there on it yet, but its time that you invite them.
PS: Do check, I am pretty sure you will find more contacts using Telegram than you might think

Sanath K.

Telegram - It's Better than others in the market

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

Overall it's a good software ( Messenger ) . I'm damn sure this one's better than the others available in the market

Pros

Telegram is typically a messenger. It's much of an easy use type.Unlike other messengers in the market this one comes with a cloud storage,I mean it does not store the chats,Videos,Images in the phone or PC,but it stores everything in the cloud and those which are needed can only be downloaded.it's good with the gestures too. It's way too easier to login into, doesn't need to scan a qr code to get into.Even if the application gets uninstalled or deleted, everything will still be there and believe me it's much useful. It comes with a easy to install sticker packs, emojis too,and goes what it has dark mode too. It also has an option to schedule the messages and encrypt them too. It also has a oneside delivery of messages with Channels(only the admin can message in those groups) and two side delivery of messages with Groups ( Here the admin and the subscribers can message in it)Overall it's an steal deal for the money

Cons

I think there should also be an e-mail sent to our Gmail with otp while logging in,not only to our Phone numbers. Beta versions keep irritating a little,so I advise not to get into beta programs.There's a glitch with the keyboard or the texts that sometimes they don't get typed into the chat box.

Nazim S.

my telegram experiences

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

100- 5000 people live in the projects I manage. It is possible to chat with so many people instantly via Telegram. thanks telegram

Pros

like whatsapp but when i create a group i can add more users. more people can read my messages at the same time

Cons

should be more common. more advertising should be done. people don't know. They think Telegram is useless.

Suhailah S.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Messenger with a good security

Reviewed on 2021/04/08

We have use Telegram actively to shares files and document between my team and there are no size limitation on storing and sharing the files. Using this application is very convenient.

Pros

I really impress with Telegram security for the message that are sent out and the message that we receive. To be able to use it in business setting, security is the main point that we evaluate and we are satisfies with this application security. Sending a files with password protected feature really secure our communication in this application.

Cons

I just can't think of anything that i dislike with this application. Everything is working perfectly and smoothly for me to use it in business environment. Things that they can improve is, the mobile version has less feature compared to the desktop version and i need to login the application from web browser version to use certain feature.

Pabasara M.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Telegram - Secure communication and amazing features

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

None of my colleagues have been disappointed with Telegram and I have recommended using Telegram for many friends. I use Telegram app in my laptop and mobile phone. Telegram is a really helpful software which lets me communicate secure and faster with my colleagues and closed ones. It is always reliable and easy to use.

Pros

Telegram was recommended to me by a friend while I was using other similar apps and I loved the features of telegram from the first day. Telegram supports thousands of members in one chat, although similar apps have a limit of 256 members in a group. When I join a group chat, I can see the chat history from the start, with all the media unlike other messaging apps. And it is really important being able to hide my mobile number from unwanted people.

Cons

I think they would improve the quality of the voice calls and add the video calling function soon. Telegram need the user interface to be more attractive, and they should add new emojis, because current emojis are not very attractive.

Tanmay S.

So many features, but so much confusion in groups, channels and bots

Reviewed on 2020/07/08

I love telegram, because there is no limit in adding the participants in the group and it has an API support. There are some UX issue which can be solved to make it best chat app.

Pros

Best Thing I like about the product is that the API's are open. We can create bots and integrate it with many applications. I myself have created many bots on the platform and they work seamless. There is a bot which helps us create bots. So easy.

Another thing I like is it is feature rich. There are so many inline message controls, private incognito chats, gif support, stickers, and specially bots.

Cons

Thing I do not like about this product is the search bar. It does not searches for channels unless and until We write the full name of the channel or their @id. Another thing I don't like is the confusion between channel and groups. There should be clear differentiation between them.

Praveen N.

One of the best messaging apps

Reviewed on 2020/01/14

If you want to have better group messaging features, dedicated cloud storage for chats and media, unlimited file sharing, inbuilt media player and video/photo editing features, telegram is a great tool to have. However, there are some features missing which might stop you from using it, such as missing video call functionality.

Pros

Telegram offers more features than even the most popular instant messaging app, Whats App. You can send secret messages which are secure (end-to-end encrypted) and disappears after a given time period, create groups that can have unlimited number of members, better admin feature for group admins and better file sharing capabilities on top of the typical instant messaging features. One of the useful features in Telegram are bots, allowing you to perform various functions in chats such as finding an image for a name. There is also a desktop app which works well, and you do not need to scan a QR code and have the mobile app connected to the internet to access it, like you need to on WhatsApp.

Cons

Although there are some good features, Telegram also lacks some essential ones, such as video calling. Another disadvantage is that normal chats are not end-to-end encrypted, only the secret chats are. Telegram does not have as many users as the most popular messaging app, so it is likely that your friends might not be using it.

Joseph N.
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

The Most Revolutionary Social Media App

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

Telegram has reduced the hustles of having to catch up with past conversations. It also ensures that I can share messages with groups of people at once

Pros

Telegram ensures that a user can still access chats that were created even before they opened an account, giving a user the chance to catch up with the conversation.
Using Telegram has also proven very easy, as the app is very easy to install and use, where the user is able to navigate through with much ease.
Further, the Software offers the user a chance to not only share text messages but also make video messages and calls.
To ensure control of information flow in Telegram, the app has a feature to allow group creators to decide who to have the power to share messages.....
Lastly, Telegram allows the user to share group messages, which is time-saving.
Upon leaving Telegram, the user can rejoin at any time they are ready, and still find the groups they had joined intact, and the messages and files they had shared intact.
Telegram also allows quick file sharing which enhances communication.
The software is very cheap to buy, install, maintain and use.

Cons

Unfortunately, Telegram requires an internet connection to be usable, unless the user is only reviewing that which was shared when there was internet connection

Hiran T.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

All in one messanger app.

Reviewed on 2021/01/24

Telegram is one of the best potential online communication medium.

Pros

The user can send a file up to 2 GB in the platform. The user who joined late to the telegram channel groups can access the history of chat and multi-media. The user interface is simple and easy to use. The user is allowed to do secret chat which is end-to-end encrypted by the option of new secret chat. By saved messages option the user can easily view all the saved messages. The user is allowed to set the different folder location for different chats. In one app more account can be logged in at the same time.

Cons

This messenger platform is one of the underrated platform. Need more promotions from telegram team. Customer support need to improve the response time and issue resolution time. Offline message option is not available.

After trying them all, Telegram is my preferred platform for instant messaging

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

As well as private conversations, Telegram has been a great way to communicate with my clients and business partners no matter whether I'm in the office, working from another location or even just commuting.

Pros

Telegram is secure, easy to setup, and not owned by a multinational corporation like some of the alternatives. It works cross-platform, and conversations can be carried on seamlessly across multiple devices. It also works even when the main registered device does not have an active connection.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I dislike about Telegram. I have used it on a daily basis for a few years now and I find it only improves with every new update.

Ozan O.

Effective and easy to use IM tool for individuals and teams

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

We are using Telegram for team communication. It is really fast and works seamlessly between platforms like mobile and desktop. There are some tradeoffs with the speed of communication and integration options. We take sides with speed for now.

Pros

Telegram is very fast and easy to use instant messaging application. Both mobile and desktop apps work seamlessly, fast and efficiently. Stickers are very fun to use. Group functions are very extensive where managing members and assigning a couple of admins to a group is very useful. Some automation options should be possible with IFTTT. With these functions, Telegram is not only for personal use but also for teams to communicate daily.

Cons

There should be built-in automation options like recurring reminders. Integration options are limited compared to other business-oriented IM apps. If you use Telegram for business, your personal and business contacts and groups should easily be jumbled.