Geelus

Cloud-based POS for dry cleaners, tailors & clothes alterers

5 /5 (81 reviews) Write a Review!
Suzan S.

Way to use

Reviewed on 2018/10/06

Without Geelus , simply put, my business would be disorganised and run badly. I know when and where every order is

Pros

Very user friendly The Geelus POS system is an absolute gem! They are very dedicated to this system and the level of customer service is superior! If I need help, advice or I have a suggestion, they not only listen, they are proactive as well. When I first started I was using endless invoice books, stamping the dockets, writing by hand. Then I was trying to remember when items needed to be ready, and who needed to be called. Then every night I would have to tally up the manual dockets and plonk that into an excel spread sheet just to work out how my shop had performed each day. Now that I am using the Geelus POS system, I have at my finger tips everything I need to know. I know what has to be done each day. Who has done what at anytime. My customers love that they get an SMS, they love that their details are in the system. I love that I can treat my customers to such a wonderful tool. That the system allows me to directly email invoices to my account customers is very beneficial. The system also calculates the GST component and that is readily visible and that the docket is clear in every detail. I could go on and on, about how great this system is, but it would be easier if you just ring me! Every clothing alteration business should be using Geelus

Cons

That anyone can change the price of a job

Anh P.
Industry: Consumer Services

Great value software with excellent customer service!

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

Geelus is doing a great job in front counter. It helps me to professionally serve my customers with the flexibility in customize the print template, automated actions, register,... Although there are something that need to be improved, so far, I am very happy with this purchase and recommend this product!

Pros

- Great value
- Excellent customer service: all my questions are responded within a few hours.
- Flexible to customize your needs: you can create new print template that you need, freely add in new items and prices and a ton of things... Just me a little bit patient, exploring and creative.

Cons

1/ Rack location should be added in as it is a very important function for laundry business. Currently I have to create Extra-field to add the rack location.
2/ Scanner function: Geelus is able to work well with Scanner. Currently it helps to read the barcode from customer receipt more conveniently. I wish it can be improved more. Such as: if my rack location is coded, I can use the scanner to scan the barcode on the store receipt and then scan the rack location by myself without the need to return to the computer. With the existing function, I need one person to scan the barcode on store receipt and filing the clothes, another person staying with computer to select extra field to enter rack location, following the instruction from the 1st person.

Martine H.

Best Clothes Alteration Software

Reviewed on 2020/09/21

The experience from day one was very professional. The service level is exceptional.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and very flexible in what you want your staff members to access and what not. We have been using the software for about 5 years now and the support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been fantastic. Despite the time difference, he always responds immediately and deals with any issues quickly. Our staff find it very easy to use and love tracking their own individual production to keep an eye on their targets. Improvements are made on a regular basis making the software more and more versatile. The new booking system and calendar gives you a great snapshot of all your bookings allowing for better control. Management reports are very good and we look forward to an upgrade to consolidate all the sales from all the branches in one place. I highly recommend geelus, its the backbone of our business and we could not do the job we do without it.

Cons

I would not really say its a con but when you initially set up the software to your specification, it is a bit daunting but with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] help, it becomes very easy and now I consider myself an expert.

Kendra S.
Company size: Self Employed

Customer support is a pay feature, welcome to the add ons, little disclosure on prices of add ons

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

The new platform looks much better than the old, but the lack of customer service transitioning is terrible as well as, being told if I wanted to talk to someone personally that was premium support and was available for $59/ month. THe original platform would have been fine to stick with but I was also being forced into the next level of because of the number of clients which was why I considered the new platform. I have had over a 3 year span. Forced up to a level not justifiable for a small business. In particular because using the program was costing me time not saving me time. Time away from my production.

Pros

the polished look and feel of the platform for my business and the nice clean neat receipts for my clients.

Cons

the lack of customer support (it's a paid feature, yes you read that right you have to pay for customer service of their product!) the lack of "small print" regarding their pricing.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Malreene H.
Industry: Design

Happy customer

Reviewed on 2020/10/18

So far it's been working great. Customer service is great and person on the phone is nice and easy to work with :)

Pros

How it simplify what I do. Geelus makes managing the jobs simple. I've been in the industry for 20 years and I've been using Count Master 4000 on Windows 98. But my windows was crashed and I lost all my 20 years of data! After looking at other programs there were too complex and didn't fully reflect what I do. When I found Geelus, my prayers were answered. It's simplifying everything and makes managing my work a lot easier.

I love how calendar shows me everything in a nice visual way!

Cons

The cons is not having a phone number to call. But so far I've always received a call when I requested it. Regardless now I'm never paying for upgrades or lose my data.

Ron C.

Best POS for dry clean / laundry on the market

Reviewed on 2019/12/30

Overall experience is great. I have tried a few POS software and Geelus is the best one. Makes managing my stores easier.

Pros

Functionality - while no software is perfect, Geelus comes close and has all the functions I need and many I never use.

Ease of Use - very easy for me and my staff to learn and setup.

Customer Service - customer service is outstanding. Anytime I have questions or need help, someone is always there to help and walk me through the steps. Setup is also very easy and they help with most of it.

Cons

I wish you could add images to add ons and tasks.

Would be nice to have scale integration.

Paul M.

Great Software for Drycleaning

Reviewed on 2019/09/02

Business efficiencies, robust reporting and good insights into our business

Pros

Easy to use with great features. I particularly like its clean layout and the fact that it is setup for both retail and production.

Cons

Would be great if it supported assisted assembly for final production elements

Jo Y.

Very thoughtful!

Reviewed on 2019/10/28

Very good! True that setup was difficult but since I have premium support, they've been there always to help and made my life easy.

Pros

It's just that you guys have done pretty much all I've been thinking about having in my store. The functions are really complete and serve me every day.

It's very easy and clear overall.

Cons

A bit difficult to setup. That's it and I believe this is mainly because there are so many features built into the software.

Anthony S.

Happy Customer

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

Very happy with the product, leading edge point of sale. Very helpful reports, fast response time.

Pros

User friendly over a number of point of sales

Cons

Setting up the printers need assistance from customer service.

Hanh T.

User friendly

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

I have love using Geelus as its easy and straight forward i rarely need to call for support but when i do its quick service and any problems or queries i have are solved pretty much instantly.

Pros

Straight forward and easy to use and understand. It has all the tools I need to run my business.

Cons

I am still getting used to the new software so at the moment i am just disliking the icons. For example the check button is not as obvious as the previous version.

Angela M.

HOORAY for Geelus!

Reviewed on 2018/10/15

The Geelus support team have always been available to explain, coach and to solve problems any time of the day or night.

Very convenient to be able to operate on multiple computers and also from anywhere in the world.

Make the switch. It will be one the best decisions you make in your business.

Pros

We have been operating Geelus since 2013 and we have only praise for this software application and the support team.

Having been in the industry for over 30 years, we only wish we had this great software from day one.

These are just some of the benefits:

– Traceability- all alterations can be tracked every step of the process .

– Operator Accountability – the person or persons fitting or completing the alteration are made responsible for the job so quality is assured and problems or faults can be traced back to their source.

– The time clock is valuable in tracking employee presence, simplifies payroll and calculating individual productivity.

– The automatic send text message function is brilliant as the client is made aware that their alteration is ready for pick up the moment it is entered into the Geelus system as complete. This reduces the time, cost and frustration of calling customers to pick up their orders. It also reduces the amount of stock held and that is money in bank and not on the racks!

– It has made us more efficient as we used to handwrite individual dockets. We also don’t waste any more time trying to decipher an individuals handwriting.

– There is practically no paperwork at the end of the day as sales and productivity are all in the system.

Professional image = Consumer confidence

Cons

Only wish it had been available years earlier

Olga I.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Best decision we have ever made!

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

This Software has been a God sent to our business. We went from hand writing our tickets and manually calculating everything to implementing this software and saving ourselves a ton of time and headache. I love how easy it is to use on a daily basis like we do for our alterations business. It's great how it can handle the large volume of tickets that we process everyday and our processes that used to take hours to do, now take only minutes. Overall, I am really great full to have this software running our company and helping me handle daunting tasks of data analysis with ease. Love every aspect of this software. Highly recommend for anyone who wants to spend less time on the paperwork of running a business to really being able to focus on the client. My only regret is not finding this software sooner and being ahead of the game in our industry, as opposed to playing catch up.

Pros

Easy to Navigate, User Friendly, Customizable for the individual business, Able to run lots of different reports that help productivity, Easy to setup and edit features. All in one software for services performed, products sold, employee time-sheets, productivity logs and lots more.

Cons

The new version of this program works out a lot of the kinks of the older version and is much more user friendly and works on all types of devices.

Hadis J.

Owner / Manager

Reviewed on 2018/08/30

Pros

“Geelus is “THE SOFTWARE FOR TAILORS!” Since we started using geelus in 2008 we are truly on top of our business. We know if we have made a progress since the previous year, we know if we need to advertise more, we know which one of our employees are performing better and we’ve never gone back to the pen and paper. I can see the new orders in the system even when I’m driving (although it's not legal anymore;)) We don’t worry about any backups or where the data is stored. IT JUST WORKS. I truly recommend it to all clothing alterations and tailors specially if you are like us an agent for a dry cleaner!

Cons

I can't think of any really. Their original software's full version used to work only on my Mac and PC but their new one works like a magic on my mobile phone and tablet too. We've actually added a new tablet to serve our customers faster. Very cost effective.

Walid N.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

One of the best software in the world

Reviewed on 2018/08/30

I really don’t recommend this software to anyone! Because I’m gallous and I don’t want anyone to compete with me. 🙂

I love the text message and the ability to use with my touch screen PC and tablet.

I’ve been in the business for over 25 years and Geelus made it so easy to track down everything in my business even when I’m not in the shop.

The software had a great impact on my business. Thanks to Geelus now I can know who has visited my store and spent $2000 when I’m not there and who did the job. Without it I wouldn’t know…

The customer service rocks! The guy that takes care of my account, I really don’t want to share his time with anyone. He has put me to the next level. Customer service is so knowledgeable not only this software but all other software applications around it.

Anytime I need help, I just need to push a button and someone calls me to help. Highly not recommended! (Read the above 🙂 )

Pros

Very easy to navigate and the customer service is always a top notch in this industry

Cons

I do not remember when was the last time I had an issue to call it a cons.

Nick J.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Powerful tool for managing any business

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

My overall experience with Geelus has been excellent so far and I truly appreciate it.

Pros

I have been using Geelus for about 11 years while managing prestige alterations and I should say it rocks! The support is amazing, the staff are nice and friendly and right to the point. I used to use their old software till last year and switched to their new one. Now, not only it automatically sends text messages to the customers, if we don't get a chance to do the job on time, we can send another message to delay the collection day or for anything else.

I love the flexibility of their new app a lot and of course using it on iPad is really cool!

Cons

If it was 10 years ago there might have been some cons but nothing I can think of now. Specially since I switched to their new app, because of the new referral system it's bringing us heaps of customers and builds the relationship upfront.

Balvir S.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

The only software you should use for Alterations

Reviewed on 2019/12/31

My overall experience has been beyond the expectation from any software. What could I want more when I have an excellent software with an excellent support and excellent features?

Pros

I've been using Geelus since 2012 in my stores and it's been amazing! I can still go back to 7 years ago and see how my store has been performing back then. It's the go to software for most (if not all) alterations and tailoring businesses.

Cons

I have recently switched to their new software which is released last year and I should say it's great as well. No negative points about the software but the only thing is that when I switched I wasn't able to bring historic data. I can however access my past records through the previous software but it would have been more convenient in the new app.

Frank W.

GOULBURN DRIVE IN DRY CLEANERS

Reviewed on 2018/09/02

Have not had any problems.

Pros

I love geelus’ easy setup, elimination of paper works and the text message to my customers. Especially the SMS feature really works great for me because my customers come to pickup their items very quickly.

It’s very easy to use and I just need to pick up my phone and ring to get an immediate support if I need to.

I have a drive through store with two entrances so I basically needed a software to run on two computers at the same time dealing with the same data.

Because of the special structure of the software (they call it cloud based) I didn’t need to pay any extra. I’m very happy!

Cons

Have not found anything to dislike in the program

Claudio M.

Best POS out there!

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

I’ve been using Geelus Since 2013. The interface is nice, clean and easy to learn but different from the software I was using before. Employees can easily learn it in a few minutes.

It’s been a very reliable system and I’ve been managing both of my stores using Geelus. The fact that I can set up my store the way I want it really helps. Anytime I need help someone is available to call and provide a great support and training.

The feature that I love is being able to connect to my businesses on any computer anywhere I am. My customers love Geelus because of the order ready text message right on their cellphones. Flawless. Highly recommended.

Pros

My costumers love their order ready texts or emails. Easy to setup and program. Great customer service (if you ever need it).

Cons

Don't know. No complaints so far. We all love it

Joey H.
Industry: Design

Professional look to my business

Reviewed on 2020/03/13

The benifits is defenitely the professional look on the till slips.
The detail of every item is important to us and with that Geelus is the best program to use.

Pros

The till slips for customers, stores and non priced slips. I use it every day, its eady to implement, easy to use. Customers love the professional look of it..

Cons

The quotes snd invoicing part was missing. Still I dont know if my client receive the quote email. There is a receipt/delivered message missing on quotes and invoicing. That would be nice to have as well as in the messaging part.
Further it is easy to use.

Andrea S.

Exceptional!

Reviewed on 2020/03/30

I would highly recommend this software to other businesses.

Pros

Design, user friendly, frequent updates, excellent customer service. We are a full service Dry Cleaning store. Geelus is crucial and a key part to our success. We are thankful for the program and appreciate the immediate response time when a question arises from their customer support. I've had the same representative call me and handle all of our concerns for the past 6 years we have been in business. We are family owned so we appreciate talking to the same person all these years.

Cons

I was able to connect cash register to software initially, but lately it doesn't sync.

Mohammad J.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Geelus is the software for now and the future

Reviewed on 2019/02/23

Pros

I read other reviews, great features of Geelus are mentioned in them, which are true and they are really amazing and very important to the business. But the fact that Geelus team keeps updating the software, perfecting the current features and adding new features by listening to business owners / users is absolutely invaluable and vital to Geelus Success.

Cons

No software is perfect , the only way it can be called perfect is, that it's above its global competition and has a great passionate team behind it that constantly improving the software. Geelus is the only one that there is.

Jeff G.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Geelus made it all possible

Reviewed on 2020/03/30

Excellent experience and we love it.

Pros

I’ve been in the industry for over 44 years and I’ve never seen a software as good as this one. As someone who specializes in dry-cleaning and has served Sydney Olympics 2000, this is by far the perfect solution to not only increase productivity but also measure employees’ performance and track the business anytime, anywhere!

Cons

Nothing! This software has helped us since 2012. Unlike other applications, this app has consistently helped us everyday with no issues what so ever.

Jeremy M.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Amazing software coupled with an outstanding staff

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

My overall experience has been extremely pleasant. The team has the best customer relationship manager out there. He makes sure to get all my questions answered. He is responsible and extremely responsive in meeting deadlines and solving urgent matters.

Pros

I love the simplicity and use of Geelus and also the fact that is in the cloud. The team continues to push out new features and I like that the system continues to evolve, as my business does. Coming from tailormax (which is outdated and terribly run software), I appreciate that the Geelus software is new and cutting edge. They understand the needs of their customers and will go to great lengths to achieve their happiness and satisfaction. The system is very easy to use once you get set up properly.

Cons

I think the software can continue to get more advanced but I am absolutely confident that the team at GEELUS will do what it takes to get there. I am looking for more management and oversight ability across my multiple locations. More advanced reporting as well.

Calogero C.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

Pros

Great Features for new age. SMS, Email, Order tracking. Makes our lives more simplistic. Cloud based

Cons

No con, works amazing. I have not found anything to complain about.

Mohamed H.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great ease for my customers

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

Fantastic, highly reccomend

Pros

The best thing about this software is the mobile alerts that my customers receive. I would always hear about how convenient the reminder was. It also made turn around much quicker so we didn't need to store our customer's items for extended periods of time.

Cons

I am on the older version and I wish I had access to every function of the software on my mobile device. I'm going to switch to the new software and this should fix this problem.