Red Rhino

Electrical estimating for contractors

Ken B.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Red Rhino Estimating on the go.

Reviewed on 2014/10/15

Pros

The key item that drew us to Red Rhino was the cost. The fact that we could pay for it monthly with no subscription was a key selling point for us a start up contractor. What has kept us using it is two fold, first and most important, we have been winning projects and making money on them. Second is the fact that as a cloud-based program, I can get access anywhere any time from any computer, which has come in very handy when I needed to give a client a quick estimate.

Cons

My only complaint about the program is the limited product library. We use a lot of Wire-Mold doing school remodels, and the existing selection is very limited. You can add items and build your own library, but that takes time, which as a newer company is something that is in very limited supply.

Dan E.

A good all round estimating software for electrical contracts

Reviewed on 2018/04/20

Great for small electrical contractor.

Pros

Has all the features and usability for general projects. Easy to use, with many additional features such as purchase orders, invoicing, change orders and project tracking.

Cons

This is only specific to the one trade - electrical. All other trades are lacking in detail and specifics.

Chris B.

Reviewed on 2011/10/21

Red Rhino was a perfect fit for my situation. I am able to bid a lot more jobs, and feel good about the numbers.

Dj A.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Great support, easy to use

Reviewed on 2014/07/17

Pros

I have tried some of the other electrical estimating software systems, and this by far is the easiest and quickest way to go. They go out of their way to make sure you are successful with their program. It is web-based so you can use it anywhere.

Cons

I can't find anything negative about the program. I can use it on any computer.

Shams M.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

This is good and helpful

Reviewed on 2020/12/18

good

Pros

The most impat of this Soft is easy to handle. anyone can use this.

Cons

all soft has missing part. but this software comparetly good

Meagan C.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2016/09/08

Pros

The product is easy to learn and use. It's not a huge company so there's only a handful of people that you talk to. They really take the time to get to know you and your company and are there to help with any questions. It is also the most affordable option that we found and it seems to be pretty accurate once you get the hang of everything.

Cons

There are little videos that pop-up automatically on every page that are supposed to try and help you with whatever screen you happen to be on. They get annoying fast but can be turned off. No big deal really...

Seth G.

It's good

Reviewed on 2016/11/03

I like the overall of the software. I just had hard time taking off job with Material.

Cons

Navigating threw the products was hard. Trying to find panel description when going off material take off wasn't easy.

Don T.

Reviewed on 2013/07/23

We are an electrical contracting company in Tampa, FL. We have been using Red Rhino for about a year and love it. Web based applications are the way to go. The Red Rhino team truly care about our success and the training is very good. John Kelsey has been a big help!