Showing 17 reviews of 10

Kelsey H.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

A good start.

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

Pros

The platform itself is pretty user-friendly and simple to use.

Cons

The transcriptions themselves require considerable manual editing to be accurate.

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Trint, the Software for Interviews and Research

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

Pros

- I was amazed with the programs ability to record in text form an entire audio record dictation
- Its like your own typing assistant
- Allows you to edit the text to fix errors
- Automatically saves your progress every few seconds
- Allows you to alter speed to dictation and audio

Cons

- Expensive
- Sometimes incorrectly records what a subject says
- Doesn't implement correct grammar and punctuation
- Doesn't work well with slow internet speed or older computer

Marc P.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Unlimited is very limited

Reviewed on 2020/08/22

I think their support people are trained to give answers that are not specific and they constantly tell you to buy the annual option so you don't get banned. I am certain I'd get banned within a month of paying out $1,000. Buyer beware. It's not unlimited, not even close.

Pros

Trint has a nice interface. It's fairly easy to use and does a very good job transcribing pre-recorded content with no training.

Cons

Where do I start? Their API needs a lot of work. You can't use a dictionary. You can't delete files once you are done with them. Their idea of unlimited is actually quite limited. We have a lot of files that need transcribing every day. (about 30) and this was enough to get us banned within a week. I didn't even use the software the first month at all. When I asked their support department about paying for additional support they kept giving bizarre answers with no specifics. When pressured again, they offered me a $11,000 enterprise option. Why would I do that? I can use Google or Amazon for way less.

Barry S.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Great product with good quality audio

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Gets the job done if you have patience

Pros

With good audio you get good transscripts

Cons

Vocabulary limited
Editing cumbersome
The word counts do time code gets weird after editing the text

• Industry: Entertainment

Great Tool for Video Editors

Reviewed on 2020/11/18

Pros

I work professionally as a video editor, and we regularly need to transcribe videos, and then use the transcriptions to create subtitles for our videos. This software is fantastic for just this, and significantly cuts down on the time it takes to create those subtitles.

Once Trint has transcribed the audio or video file you have uploaded, you can export a txt file that can be directly imported into a SubCap effect in Avid. As long as you've set the Timecode alignment correctly in Trint, the subtitles will align perfectly with the video in the Avid timeline. Saves me SO much time.

Cons

I use Avid Media Composer for editing, and it took a bit of trial and error to understand the correct file type and settings I needed to select in Trint that would import seamlessly into the SubCap effect in Avid. But once I figured it out, I knew what I needed to use going forward.

There also does seem to be some sort of glitch where occasionally random lines are missing from the captions in the Avid timeline, but I'm unclear as of right now as to whether I can attribute this to Trint or Avid.

It's a minor error and overall I LOVE this software!

Response from Trint

Hi there,

Thank you for your kind review. We aim to make our customers' lives easier so love hearing that Trint has saved you so much time!

Please reach out to us at [email protected] if have any issues and we'd be happy to help.

Team Trint.

• Industry: Design

Pros & Cons of Trent

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

Pros

I love all of the options in the interface! The waveform, syncing the playback to the cursor, and having the video in the bottom corner are all great. Plus, I'm so glad I can playback at varying speeds.

Cons

AI transcription is not as accurate as I'd like, but I understand it's a limited system. I'd also like a way to disable the timecode generation when copying and pasting text out of Trint.

Adam B.

Trint makes transcribing videos easy.

Reviewed on 2020/04/02

Great software and makes it easy to transcribe videos.

Pros

It's an easy software to use even without experience in video editing or transcription. Even when I logged in for the first time I found it easy to navigate and do what I needed.

Cons

I can't actually think of anything that was negative with my experience. Maybe more tagging capabilities so you can work more with teammates.

Dagmar R.
  • Industry: Media Production

I couldn't work without Trint

Reviewed on 2021/02/19

Pros

Being a freelancer, transcribing interviews takes a lot of time. Trint made my life much easier. And it is perfect in difficult cases, f.i. if you have to work with a not so good interpreter in a language that you don't know or don't know enough. I was able to correct bad Russian and Japanese translations via using print and then deepl. Perfect combination.

Cons

I would be great if one could use copy and paste...

Joanne B.
  • Industry: Public Policy
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Invaluable tool for interview transcription

Reviewed on 2021/02/23

I'm a PhD candidate (in my final year) and a qualitative researcher. I heard about Trint from a fellow PhD student. I use interviews as the main basis for my research and it's incredible to be able to get a draft transcript back from Trint in minutes. Editing of the text is needed to pick up subtle inaccuracies but the interface for doing that work is very easy to use. In the two years I've been using Trint, the accuracy has improved substantially, meaning I now spend less time editing. Other improvements too over the past two years have substantially enhanced my work.

Pros

Intuitive platform, high degree of accuracy, good customer support.

Cons

An optional spelling checker would be great but it's a minor quibble, because the benefits of using this technology far outweigh minor inconveniences. The cost is high for a full-time student but the value is priceless.

David H.
  • Industry: Newspapers

A great tool

Reviewed on 2021/02/19

interview transcription prior to editing is now much quicker thanks to Trint

Pros

Trint makes it possible for me to transcribe and edit our interviews in a reasonably short period of time. My life would be harder without it.

Cons

i dont have any comments about this as it works well