Hub Planner

Resource scheduling, time tracking and team project planning

4,2
4,1
4,1
4,2
Industry: Design

Ressource Management and holiday

Reviewed on 2020/10/15

Pros

Holiday and resource planning + overviewing with just one click

Cons

the initial startscreen shows up complete company and you need to choose your team to show only...

Stephen B.
Industry: Information Services

An easy, affordable, well featured solution for time-sheeting and resource management.

Reviewed on 2020/09/28

We went from having one staff member dedicated full-time to resource management to having them freed up for thirty hours of the week. We suddenly had almost another head-count to help with project co-ordination, rather than just keeping the wheels turning. And timesheet compliance went up too, because it was so easy to use!

Pros

It's affordable, extensible, good to look at, and easy to use.

Cons

There aren't really any detractors to this one. Perhaps it's not a high-powered analysis tool, but the dashboards it does supply are quite thorough out of the box, and more than likely to meet all the needs of the vast majority of companies.

Isabella T.
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

It's ok, but...

Reviewed on 2020/08/27

It is okay, but for some cases, a workaround is needed.

Pros

It is good, that you have a tool where you can track the time you need to work on several projects and generate reports from it. Integrating it with other tools is also a nice feature (such as invoicing tools).

Cons

There are several small things that could be done much better, just to mention a few:
- Include easy to use categories within one project, so that you can track time on task level
- To make tracking time even easier include a start/stop timer function
- When approving time cards for my employees and finding a mistake: In order to change the mistake, I need to deny the timecard, change the screen, go into editing mode for my employee and then edit, approve (on behalf of employee), change screen again to finally approve the timecard. Why not edit/approve the timecard directly on the approval screen for admins?
- Decimal numbers of time tracking are screwed when exporting them to excel

Response from Hub Planner

Hello Isabella,

Appreciate you taking the time to submit your review of Hub Planner.

I agree, there are some things that can be improved for sure. Thanks for the suggestions, they are really helpful especially around the Timesheets function. We most certainly will take these and hopefully you will see them implemented in the near future.

On your point for booking categories within one project. Have you tried the Booking Category Groups? This will allow you to assign specific booking categories for different projects? Super helpful when reporting time too that you can segment what you are actually spending time on. Here is a link to the press release: https://hubplanner.com/hub-planner-release-booking-category-groups-to-the-suite-of-resource-management-features/

If you need any further help, do reach out to us via https://hubplanner.com/contact/, we'll be happy to assist.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Construction

Structure to our time management and leave requests

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

Overall, the experience has been a good one. I can't complain, honestly.

Pros

Before this software, my company used to use an excel sheet which had to be filled in at the end of the week every week. It was very tedious and I used to forget to do it quite often. We also didn't have a formal way of requesting vacation leave and checking exactly our leave balances. We now use Hub Planner to do both of these things. Additionally, our head of department assigns tasks and there are hours allocated for each task which really helps with resourcing and balancing the workload.

Cons

A real-time tracker would be nice. Something like a button that you click on when you start on a specific task and then click again to stop it. I would also like to have it as an app on my phone. I am not sure whether it exists already and it's something the company has not informed us about. Correcting mistakes is always difficult as well. I have to contact the administrator every time I input data in a wrong field.

Response from Hub Planner

Awesome, thanks so much for the super positive review!

I'm glad the process of migrating from spreadsheets to software was a positive experience and the overall capacity planning has improved for your team.

The good news is that a new version of Timesheets is on the way ! Do keep an eye out on the blog for new feature releases and updates. https://hubplanner.com/blog/

Ellie M.
Industry: Government Administration

Useful and effective software

Reviewed on 2020/09/02

Overall, HubPlanner helps our management team in our Change department to view how much work resources anticipate they will do and how much they have actually done. We can see any gaps in time and so allocate a person more work or a new project. While most people are working from home, HubPlanner really helps keep track of what everyone is doing when you can't actually see them doing it.

Pros

There are a wide range of features and it is very customisable to suit our needs.

Cons

There are some limitations as it is not 100% customisable, but these are mainly small things, for example our working hours divide to be 7.25 a day (and 7 on Fridays) but it doesn't allow us to allocate smaller than 1 hour or half an hour.
Also, on a laptop screen, it doesn't have a great view. Everything is quite chunky which makes it hard to view a few people's schedules at the same time.
It would be easier if the customer support team shared individual email addresses rather than a generic one for the whole team so that you can continue conversations with a specific person.

Response from Hub Planner

Hello Ellie,

Capacity Planning and the ability to measure the scheduled versus actuals is a core competency of Hub Planner, I'm happy to hear that this is working well for you and your team. Especially in this current pandemic, Hub Planner has really helped a lot of teams keep up performance levels and track who is working on what and who is available. Thanks for your feedback.

I myself have been switching from a display to laptop with the current working from home. I find the Ctrl & 0 or zoom in and out options work for me.

RE customer support, 9/10 times, once an agent responds to an initial ticket, it is automatically tagged to that agent for any future responses. It's only if that agent might be on leave or not available or another department needs to step in for example, would another agent take over so that your query is answered more quickly. Of course, you can request the agent of choice too, the rest of us won't be offended :)

Thanks again,

Georgia W.

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

Good customer service and willing to add new features as needed

Pros

We use the timesheets tool everyday and is vital to our company

Cons

Development of new features can be slow

Response from Hub Planner

What can we say, we've got great customers! Their ideas are brilliant!

Of course, time to develop can indeed vary depending on the depth of work and time required to develop a new feature. Some are straightforward and easy, others are more challenging especially if they have integrating knock on effects throughout the system. We really do appreciate our customers ideas and suggestions, so many have been put into production throughout the years. Keep them coming!

Fyi we will be releasing a new version of Timesheets soon enough. Keep an eye out for it.

Thanks again,

Patric S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Good, raw overview of my assigned projects

Reviewed on 2020/10/19

Pros

I get a quick overview of the projects/tasks that have been assigned to me.
What's also good, is that I can use my company account to log into the site and don't need a separate account.
I can also view the assignment of my teammates which all helps us if we need to shuffle some things arround.

Cons

To get informatino of an entry, I have to hover it with the mouse, to wait for the tooltip which takes a few seconds. I would prefer if there was another way to quickly view the details of an entry (maybe there is, but I couldn't find one).

Suraya R.
Industry: Government Administration

Hub planner administrator

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

Overall i'm quite happy with hub planner, it seems to serve our basic resource tracking needs

Pros

Ability to see forecast vs reported, Dashboard & Reporting feature

Cons

Inability to adjust dates on the dashboard, and set 'line-managers' to approve time-sheets, rather than projects managers as it currently stands.

Would also be ideal to have more support through calls, rather than by email which can be frustrating at times.

Response from Hub Planner

Thanks for taking the time to submit your review of Hub Planner. The good news is that we have new updates on the way for the Dashboard and the Permissions/Roles!

The Dashboard, we are improving the UI as well as adding a date picker. With the approval of timesheets, the new added feature of permissions allows you to customize outside of the default settings.

We do pride ourselves on our customer service, so we're sorry to hear you are frustrated here. I know we have helped your team via our support channel, but if you prefer a call, that should be no problem.

In the last year, we invested heavily in rebuilding the Hub Planner Knowledge Base. We found our users wanted a quick access reference guide with FAQ style questions and video tutorials. Outside of this, the majority of customer questions are answered over support tickets as it's easier to explain with screenshots and steps etc. Reach out to us https://hubplanner.com/contact/ and we can organise a call to you.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Julie G.

An incredibly well-designed and user-friendly product to plan efficiently, from everywhere!

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

Pros

Hub Planner is a great visual tool to easily plan your capacity and make quick decisions. The user-interface is extremely well-designed and easy to use. The search (filter bar) capabilities to sort through your resource pool and look for specific set of skills is my all-time favorite! The custom reports section is also what makes Hub Planner great as you can really pick and choose the exact information you need. Finally, if something is missing or if you need assistance the support team in AMAZING! I can't tell them enough how impressed I am with their customer service every time I have a question or simple feedback!

Cons

It's hard to find something that I don't like about Hub Planner. Of course, there is always room for improvement and as a user you can participate by voting on features you would like to see them implement next. Although I hear the API works great, (I'm not a programmer) my dream feature to automate my report needs and some other tasks would be a way to connect directly to the database. Otherwise, Hub Planner is almost perfect :)

Meadhbh C.

Resource Management for eNett International

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

I had and continue to (on an ad hoc basis) have very positive dealings with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (Irish) based in Sweden I believe.

Pros

As we reached a certain size, it was clear we required a resource management Tool. The IT PMO approached this as part of our annual 'Hack Day', we researched and trialled numerous offerings and ultimately settled on Hubplanner. We had it set up and active within a day. It also has significantly reduced the time and people involvement in our fortnightly resource planning sessions.

Cons

We really only use the Resource Management aspect of the software. There are numerous features thatw e already have a working solution in place for. A pro/rata rate for selecting only the services you need would be a great win.,

Response from Hub Planner

Hi Meadhbh, thank you so much for your kind words. Appreciate the detailed view from a PM Lead. If we can assist in helping with any of the other features, please do reach out. We will be happy to help you get more out of Hub Planner.
"Go raibh maith agut" ;) Best, Team Hub Planner

Zdenka P.
Industry: Construction

Hub Planner is highly functional and customisable resource management tool.

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

It's an easy-to-use, clear and useful resource management tool
Detailed and precise reporting
We have replaced three of our systems with one product
It streamlined our operation
We now have a software that is customisable but most of all used by our employees to satisfaction of all involved

Pros

We chose Hub Planner to get serious about resource planning and to move away from spreadsheets and emails.
It was very easy to set up to suit our needs. Grouping and filtering resources proved very handy.
It integrated our timesheet system which is now much more precise and user-friendly.
The recent annual leave feature replaced our previous system and is very easy to manage.
The reports are detailed (or not) as we choose and quick to generate.
The software is intuitive and nicely customisable so we can see exactly the information we need without any unnecessary clutter.
I personally have to command the customer service which is quick, reliable and personable. There are not always quick solutions (like in life!) but there always seems to be a workaround.
The product seems to be going from strength to strength with new features and upgrades/updates regularly which is good to see.
Overall, we are very happy with the product and can definitely recommend it.

Cons

Since this software is still in development, there are features that we would like to have and are not available (yet) - but of course we realise these things take some time. However, we are very happy with the progress and new features added over the course of our use (about 2 years). There are the occasional intermittent issues but the CS team is very quick to sort these out.

David H.
Industry: Automotive
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Moving from spreadsheet planning to Hub Planner was incredibly easy to set up & implement & roll-out

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

We have reduced the management of resource planning & also the number of times files became corrupt. Also, allowing different groups different access levels meant we could provide management reporting and user reporting in the same application. Introducing timesheets means we were able to move to a single application rather than two for planning & time recording.

Pros

Easy planning features that can be viewed through project, resource group or other lenses is powerful. Integrating this to Hub-Planner timesheet functionality was equally simple and reduces the effort users have to do to complete their timesheets due to the pre-population. Data extraction & the ability to build customer reports is straightforward. The help guides are detailed & comprehensive, but if they don't provide the answers, the support team are fantastic & responsive, providing a fast & efficient resolution to any problems or questions.

Cons

There are a lot of things you can configure within Hub Planner, but if you want a fully customized solution then Hub Planner may not work for you.

Sabine V.

overengineered

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Completly overengineered. I get the feeling that people who designed it don't need to use it.

Pros

I like what it looks like. The black background and colour scheme is quite nice.

Cons

I can't seam to find what I look for without clicking a billion times. There are way too many options and most of them are useless to me.

Response from Hub Planner

Hi Sabine, many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback.
Perhaps you are right, our thought process is design lead by function. We are redesigning the scheduler as we speak. We would love to chat to you about this if you had the time? We might also take the opportunity to help with streamlining your daily workflow? Best, Team Hub Planner.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Andre N.

Accurate usage reporting

Reviewed on 2020/09/07

Pros

Ability to add notes to ongoing work and utilise the planned hours.

Cons

lack of notifications on approval of timesheets.

Response from Hub Planner

Hello Andre, thanks for posting your review of Hub Planner. Appreciate the suggestion for a new notification. We are in the process of developing a new version of Timesheets which will hopefully include the notification for submitted timesheets. Also, keep an eye out for the new notifications via Slack that will be coming your way very soon. https://hubplanner.com/blog/

Alissa W.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Worked really well for us

Reviewed on 2020/07/29

We had a very positive experience with Hub Planner. From the initial customization and integration through use it was a solid partnership. This tool helped us get on track with resourcing our teams and providing leadership with real time data around allocations.

Pros

It's interface and experience design are extremely intuitive and fluid. It is easy to toggle back and forth from reviewing a user to a group.

Cons

It had nothing to do with the software and more limitations on how our systems would integrate so we did not get to use the project management side of the software as much as we would have liked.

Hollie W.
Industry: Animation

Create Product for a Production Agency

Reviewed on 2020/09/01

My team and I have had a great experience with Hub Planner

Pros

I really like the scheduling tool on this software, it is great to be able to move the allocated projects around with easy as ur schedules are always changing.

Cons

I find it complicated to work out who sees what

Response from Hub Planner

Hi Hollie,

I'm so glad that Hub Planner is working out well for you. This is exactly what we thrive to hear and makes all the hard work so worthwhile, so thank you!

In terms of the assigning the different roles and permissions. This is available in Settings -> Roles. However, we have also taken previous customer feedback on board and are in the process of developing this function further that will allow you to customize and streamline access/permissions within Hub Planner. There will be a new section in settings that will take you through this function that is due to be released very soon. Keep and eye: https://hubplanner.com/blog/

Rodolfo L.
Industry: Industrial Automation

Good but It could improve

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

Is a useful tool to understand the activities of my week.

Pros

Is easy to use and have a lot functions.

Cons

I would like to have more options to personalize how the information is presented in my schedule.

Response from Hub Planner

Hi Rodolfo, thanks for posting your feedback. Glad you're finding Hub Planner helpful for your workflow. There's always room for improvement and we love that our users take the time to help us with the suggestions and feedback. We are going to be updating the scheduler as a whole in the near future. But in the meantime, you can click the settings cog (top right of the scheduler) to activate the Scheduler Customization menu? There are also some customization options within settings. Do reach out to us if you have any questions on this or indeed, further suggestions on how to improve your Hub Planner experience. We would love to hear them. Best, Team Hub Planner

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Stephanie D.
Industry: Environmental Services
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great for forecasting - lacking in setup capabilities

Reviewed on 2020/08/27

Pros

The ability to all team members to schedule their own work and give the whole team visibility into resource capacity. We also leverage the time sheet to generate data on time spent per project time and improve our understanding of the resource-cost per project.

Cons

Our team works on 100+ projects at once, while an individual may only work on ~10 projects. There isn't a simple way for individuals to view only a list of projects they work on. Even setting up folders for each team members or using tags still requires scrolling through a large amount of projects to find "your list."

Response from Hub Planner

Hi Stephanie. Appreciate the feedback. Thank you for posting. A couple of suggestions for the scheduler view:
->Sidebar, users can sort the sidebar as they wish. Just click the 3 vertical dots of a sidebar group.
-> Layout views. Click the tv icon to switch up the different layout views of the scheduler.
-> My Schedule. Users have access to their own 'My Schedule' group of projects.
-> Remove user from Project. If they are no longer working on the project, perhaps remove them temporarily from the project until needed?
-> Reports - Allow users to view their data by their own report or dashboard view too. Create a Heat Map or Full Breakdown.
->Do reach out to us if we can help you further. Best, Team Hub Planner

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Nicolas Y.
Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great tool

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

Made the scheduling oof resources easier

Pros

Easi to have an overview of a sub team, of a project. Easy for planning.

Cons

Software is a little bit slow. It takes some time before it refreshes after a change.

Response from Hub Planner

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. Super glad Hub Planner has helped with the planning and scheduling of resources and projects. We will keep an eye on the performance logs, but do reach out to us should you see this again? We will investigate there and then. https://hubplanner.com/contact/

Jon P.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

My Hub Planner Hot Take

Reviewed on 2020/08/31

For our resource utilization challenges, Hub Planner has been instrumental.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the ability to navigate multiple functionalities and reporting features quickly.

Cons

Include time-charging as a baseline feature. The ability to show actual recorded hours for weeks past.

Response from Hub Planner

"For our resource utilization challenges, Hub Planner has been instrumental." Love this quote, thanks Jon! You're making us blush :) Thanks so much for posting your views of Hub Planner.

We will have a look at those ideas too. If you had a chance, you might reach out to us and let us know exactly where you would like to see the recorded hours for weeks past that are not showing? https://hubplanner.com/contact/

Carol M.
Industry: Design

Great Planner

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

I think its a great way to see jobs booked in for the week/month and be able to see what the rest of the team are working on too

Pros

I like being able to see my weeks layed out and being able to add the times on the timesheet to be able to keep track of how long I have spent on a project.

Cons

It would be great if it had a section to create your own to do list/ task list as right now only the administrator can add tasks onto a booking in my schedule

Response from Hub Planner

HI Carol, thanks for sharing your views. Really appreciate it. Yes, Tasks are super handy, right? Perhaps you can check with your admin for permission to access either the Tasks or Notes section? Best, Team Hub Planner

Allison O.
Industry: Chemicals
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Easy-to-use, flexible tool for resource planning

Reviewed on 2019/03/25

Pros

The software was very easy to use and intuitive. It takes very little time to understand the basics, so you can get up running with it quickly. It is also possible to do quite a bit of customization to fit your organization when it comes to resource profiles, types of projects/activities/work, etc. Hubplanner is relatively quick to implement new functionality based on user demand.

Cons

The ticket system for customer service is logical and queries are answered quickly, but it would be improved UX to have an account manager to call for very quick action/support.

Markos M.
Industry: Environmental Services

Hub Planner review

Reviewed on 2020/08/26

It's fine, the benefits are really to my managers, not me. You'll have to ask them

Pros

The main reason we chose this platform over others is the ability to plan employee capacity into the future.

Cons

I don't like the project display system. I don't like that multiple projects can have the same name. I don't like that if a project is deleted all of that time entered goes with it and there is no record or notification. The dashboard isn't super usable

Response from Hub Planner

Hi Markos,

Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback of Hub Planner.

I appreciate that as of now that more administrative/management are benefiting than the resources. In fact, this is something that we want to concentrate on - benefiting the resources more.

I think utilizing the different project status options might help when looking to remove a project from live. For example assigning a finished project from Active to Archived etc. However I can see where improvements could be here with an extra reminder or note that if you delete you will lose all content.

Do keep an eye out on the Hub Planner Blog for new releases and feature updates. https://hubplanner.com/blog/

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Robert G.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great for team resource management

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Happy to recommend Hub Planner as a resource management solution. Is it well priced and they are constantly adding new features. Customer support has always been excellent.

Pros

We have been using Hub Planner to manage our technical project teams’ resources for over 1 year. We have found it easy to setup new projects and assign and reassign resources. Project managers and engineers are able to easily see who is working where and create reports and view overview resource details in the dashboards.

Cons

Could be easier to assign different colours to booking categories

Geirson L.
Industry: Renewables & Environment
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

I basically use Hub Planner for time tracking and resource assignment.

Reviewed on 2020/09/02

Hub Planner is a good tool.

Pros

The platform is user friendly and easy for capturing time and scheduling time.

Cons

I would like to see an outlook integration for this platform.

Response from Hub Planner

Hello Geirson, appreciate you taking the time to post a review of Hub Planner.

Great to see that Hub Planner is working well for you and your team. Many thanks for the feedback.

This year, we are working on developing more integrations to Hub Planner. The first one that we are due to release shortly is notifications via Slack. As of now, iCal is an existing supported integration for Outlook. But watch this space for some more future integrations https://hubplanner.com/blog/