HuBuCo

4,6
4,4
Lisa B.
Industry: Telecommunications

HuBuCo keeps my email providers happy

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

We sometimes get old lists from our system people and are asked to quickly turn email campaigns around. This service is a great first cleanse.

Pros

The software is inexpensive and very easy to use, very quick. The online support is super intuitive and the dashboard is pretty easy to navigate once you get used to it. The real value is that we are able to validate large lists quickly and ensure we don't have email campaign delivery impacted. They offer free validations for a trial, which is how I was able to ascertain the quality of their service.

Cons

The interface takes some getting used to. Other than that it is inexpensive and quick and there really is no good reason not to use it.

Response from HuBuCo

Hi Lisa,

Thank you very much for such a great review. I very much appreciate your help. We are working on a new interface to make it even more easy to use.

Have nice day.

Ljubisha D.

HUBUCO - Review

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

Increased leads, bounce removing, satisfied customers

Pros

The software is very user friendly, it can provide all the information for email marketer these days . The loyalty discount is such a great idea for those who have big lists.

Cons

Waiting almost twice the time when the verification comes to 99% for downloading the files. it would be great if we can download the already completed results that are not affected during the verification process.

Remy G.
Industry: Executive Office

Generally ok, inaccurate in many cases

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

The tool is becoming a way to eliminate the few bad emails of a list, at least according to results, but is deceptive at validating correct entries.
Several mailing campaigns using proprietary opt-in lists labeled us as spam by entire organization servers because Hubuco failed at recognizing outdated or now incorrect emails. An immediate and rather serious negative impact for our business.

Pros

The product is generally easy to use, versatile and simply design which is a plus: you do not have to be an expert at email servers or any kind of training to use it.

Cons

It feels the accuracy of results has dropped: “ok” emails can be wrong (in over 20% of cases the emails do not exist and never existed), catch all” are worse (25-30% are actually “ok”, 25-30% do not exist).

Response from HuBuCo

Dear Remy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm very sorry to hear you had troubles following using our system. I'd like to ask you to get in touch with our support team to see how we can help you improving your email delivery rate. We guarantee 99%+ email delivery rate when emailing our OK emails.

I look forward to hear back from you. Have a nice day.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Industry: Internet

Great Tool For Keeping Bounces Down

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

Our application sends email invitations and notifications, and to both improve our UX and UI, and help reduce bounces and keep our sending reputation high, we use HuBuCo's API to validate email addresses.

Pros

The API.
The daily free 100 credits.
The overall quality of the results.

Cons

False negatives are too common. Valid email syntax such as "+" is always returned as invalid, which complicates the logic required to rely on the service.

Response from HuBuCo

Thank you very much for such a great review. Handling "+" signs in requests have been added to future feature requests.

Kirsten W.
Industry: Internet

So easy and so cheap

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/09/29

HuBuCo saved our project - I needed to send out an email to over 7000 email address from a database that was over 3 years old (and has been sitting in the archive all that time) and to avoid any spamming issues, we need to clean this list ASAP. Thanks to HuBuCo, it was easy to do

Pros

I love how easy it is to use this service. There are a few options to upload email addresses including uploading a .txt file, manually entering addresses or using their API. The system verifies everything for you and all you need to do it hit the start button and let it do its thing. Another great benefit is that you are not charged for any emails HuBuCo is unable to verify (as valid or invalid) which makes it great on the pocket to - you only pay for the emails verified. The results are also easy to download and you have a choice of download all or only those valid email address. ADDED BONUS - Free 50 Searches Every Day

Cons

Oh - this is a difficult one. If anything, I would prefer paying for the searches after the fact. Sometimes (especially if you are only doing a once off search) you can end uop buying too many credits and end up with extras you may never use

Response from HuBuCo

Dear Kirsten,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review. I'm glad that we were able to help you.

Once again thank you, and have a nice day.

Michael S.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

HuBuCo review

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

See above for reasons that you need to clean up your list before you mail. HuBuCo is the best.

Pros

Since e-mail services such as MailChimp are very picky about nixies--too picky IMHO--you have to make sure that your list is as clean as possible BEFORE you mail to it. HuBuCo lets you do this, quite painlessly.

Cons

No real issues. It would be better, of course, if the "unknown" category of tested e-mails could be made a lot smaller. The developers would be well advised to explain what constitutes an "unknown" better that the do at the moment.

Michael L.
Industry: Real Estate

It is easy, accurate and saves you money

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

I manage a virtual real estate firm and when we get lists of prospects half of the data is junk. Hubuco helps eliminate wasted effort reaching out to non existent leads

Pros

It works plain and simple. You upload a list, it runs, and you get back accurate results. No more sending email to dead accounts, catch alls and spammers.

Cons

The only thing I disliked is that I did not know about it much sooner. HuBuCo is simply invaluable.

Response from HuBuCo

Dear Michael,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to share your review. It's so great to hear that you wish you knew about us sooner.

Florin M.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

The best solution me and my team could find

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

It's the only tool I've tested so far which delivers on its promise, at a super convenient price. I've never seen a better email checker.

Pros

very high deliverability rate after the emails were checked by HUBUCO and we received good sender scores inside Sendgrid.

the software is easy to use. credits are handled well.

Cons

not certain. at one point I didn't like the way reports were shown in the interface, but they've corrected the problem. At the moment it seems fine.

Emma P.
Industry: Computer Software

Best out there

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

Surprisingly, they were the only of 3 narrowed down companies to verify HIPAA compliancy.

Pros

I research about 40 email verifiers, tested 20, and narrowed it down to HuBuCo. They are on top of the price game while still being easy to work with and accommodating.

Cons

Some of my last data results did not show a pie graph of results. The website feels old fashioned compared to others, but it functions as well, if not better than any other.

Response from HuBuCo

Dear Emma,

Thank you for taking the time to share your amazing review and your feedback. We are actually working on a new user interface that is focused much more on user experience.

It is so great to hear that we made to the top out of 40 verifiers.

Anirudh K.
Industry: Mining & Metals
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Best Email cleaning service

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

It's a very good list cleaning service and I use it regularly.

Pros

1. Easy to use
2. Pricing is very good
3. Quality of cleaning is too good.

Cons

Nothing , I am using it from many years.

Response from HuBuCo

Dear Anirudh,

Thank you very much for this amazing review. Should have anything in mind in the future that we could improve on, please let me know.

Have a nice day

Raul S.
Industry: Higher Education

Get through to your clients inboxes

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/11/15

Reduce your costs for emailing via minimizing your bounce rate
Elevate your click througs
Don´t get spamlisted

Pros

All of my verified lists are in one place. The software doesn´t take risks when deciding to include or not an emailaddress. Before using this software, I had a very high bouncage prosent. All of this started before GDRS, so I did not understand how this affected to all of the mails sent by us. Suddently we were on the spamlist even though we did not get actual spam complaints. We managed to get spam listed just by ignoring our relevantly high bounce prosentage. The ultimate best thing until now, has been the possibility to join the millionverifier group. This has reduced our costs more than 50% and at the same time, our deliveryrate has increased radically. And after the sufficient time, we will also get out the spamlist.

Cons

The uploading can take some time. I still have not managed to integrate the system to our other systems, but I have been using excel files for datatransferring purposes, and this can be tricky since at the end it all depends on your memory. I do believe that the integration is possible, but it requires some more detailed knowledge than I happen to have at the present moment.

Daniel B.

HuBuCo is Awesome and Saves Me from Drama

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Its a great service and worthwhile if you are sending email marketing and can really save you a lot of time from jumping from email marketing provider to provider and getting letters from your ISP.

Pros

It really helps to check if emails are valid and working before you send them and HuBuCo does this very well and quite efficiently. Its also really useful to ensure that your email service providers and ISPs don't get too many old emails and with the better and better technologies out there, HuBuCo is a great service to prescreen your emails.

Cons

I wish that it was a bit slower in how it checks and connects to email servers. I think it would reduce on true-negatives and false-positives if there was a slower email verification process. Also, it would be better if the software let me explicitly randomize the emails so I could get truer and more efficient results.

Kevin A.
Industry: Education Management

Great service and tremendous value

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

I had an email list for my newsletter which was in terrible shape. We hadn't sent out a newsletter in many months, and I found out that the person handling this task before me had not been processing bounces. In addition, there had been no double opt-in for sign-up and I could tell just from the names of some subscribers that they were spam bots.

When I had tried to send out a newsletter, there were immediately a lot of bounces and our reputation score plummeted so quickly that our mailing partner stopped us from further sending.

I checked into various email verification programs, and even purchased a few to try. Most were prohibitively expensive, and in addition, the results were not helpful. We were getting way too many results of email addresses that returned as unknown.

I purchased a small quantity of verifications from HuBuCo, and was rather skeptical because the pricing was much lower than others we looked at. However, the results came back quickly and nearly all of the returned with a clear result. Very few "unknown" results.

As a result, we were able to quickly clean our list of over 200,000 email addresses. I sent out a newsletter to the freshly HuBuCo-verified emails with almost zero bounces. With a clean list, our reputation score quickly increased, and after a few mailings was up to 99/100.

As our list became more engaged, we saw our delivery rate increase. All of which translated into a fantastic response from our list!

Pros

*Competitive price
*Fast service
*Accurate results

Cons

Fully satisfied - no "cons" for me. Completely happy with the service and product.

Response from HuBuCo

Dear Kevin,

Thank you very much for taking your time to leave us such a detailed review on HuBuCo. I very much appreciate it.

Have great day.

Chandan M.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

Best Service but bit costly

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

Pros

User-friendly, Best API, One to one API is available and also bulk API is also available.
Easy to integrate.
Customer support chat is available - which is very helpful

Cons

Bit costly.
In the main account, we should have provision to create sub-account - So that the reseller concept will work easily.

Greg O.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Best email verifier software I have used

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

Pros

1. Like the bulk file uploads - very intuitive and well designed UI
2. Value for money - there are a lot of discounts and bonus credits
3. Good customer support

Cons

I experienced unknown service outages, very rarely.

Raju R.

very good

Reviewed on 2018/10/06

very good

Pros

very good. hubuco is a very important service

Cons

cost is the major concern especially when its bulk

Response from HuBuCo

Dear Raju,

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your time and feedback.

Have a nice day

Savinay P.
Industry: Education Management

Reliable service when it's running

Reviewed on 2018/09/29

Pros

None of the invalid emails have passed through the api

Cons

Unknown downtimes causes disturbances in the production environment

Response from HuBuCo

Dear Savinay,

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond and share your feedback.

I'm very sorry to hear about your trouble when our application was down. We keep improving our application to avoid such outages. We have now 3 backup systems at 2 different locations that we can use in case there is an issue in our data center.

We are going to do our best to get as close as possible to 100% uptime.

Have a nice day,

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Romeo M.

Best Email Verifier

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

Pros

Ease of use, just load your file and results would adjust no matter how your data is arranged. If you have issues they would surely try to solve it. I already tried other services, overall Hubuco is better than most.

Cons

None at all, there are occasional technical problems but they can resolve it right away

Anthony A.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

No training required. Easy interface.

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

Overall experience is positive. Bought more credits the other day!

Pros

These guys support a simple, no brainer api that just works.
No need for composer, or other plugins to run.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a little while for support to get back with you on questions, but I think they are getting better at that.

Response from HuBuCo

Dear Anthony,

Thank you very much for your amazing review. And yes, we are working on making our support as great as our application. I very much appreciate your time writing this review, and thank you for recent purchase.

Industry: Computer Software

Get the dirt off that list

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

I found HuBuCo to be good, simple, got the job done. And the pricing was competitive, which is always nice.

Pros

I like the ability to carve out the Okay emails from the rest, and to queue up many lists at once for cleaning

Cons

I'm impatient with technology in general, always finding it difficult to wait for a process to complete.

Response from HuBuCo

Thank you for your review. We absolutely agree, it is difficult to wait for a process to complete, hence we had created the fastest email verification service. We are on average 10 times faster than our competitors.
Once again thank you for the nice words. Have a nice day.

Rashid D.

Quality & Feature

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

Mail support is very good

Pros

Excellent product in terms of usability , quality product with competitive pricing

Cons

There is no Low-credit alert via API , No Sub-account creation possible within the Software - lacks a reseller mode.

Alexei K.
Industry: Financial Services

Verification for Email Marketing

Reviewed on 2019/11/07

Pros

Easy to use, affordable, free 100 daily verifications.

Cons

Sometimes might take quite some time to verify a list.

Hisham K.
Industry: Real Estate

Good Website

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

Pros

The website is Easy to use and provides Good results

Cons

The plan prices and loyalty discount is a bit not clear

Industry: Financial Services

Used to be cheapest, now it's like everyone else

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/09/28

They used to be much better when they started , cheapest out there. Now they are matching the biggest guys in pricing

Pros

Easy to use and cleans really good. Very low bounce rate

Cons

Change of cost, drastically.
Not as fast cleaning as some other services.
Not using them anymore although I have credit on there.

Response from HuBuCo

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We very much appreciate your honesty, however as we can see our prices are still below the markets average, but our services are well above our competitors'.

I would like to recommend you take a look at our monthly plans, as they provide significant savings for those who have regular needs for email verification.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Mike A.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

The only verifier that does what it says on the website

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

The best email verifier app out there. It does exactly what it promises on the site. No BS, it's the best email verifier.

Pros

HuBuCo had literally removed all our bounces. Software work super fast and support was awesome.

Cons

It is great tool, but could use a new design.

Response from HuBuCo

Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for leaving us such a great review. We are working on a new interface with a new design. Thank you for your feedback.