Paul C.

Using SmartJobBoard for several years

Reviewed on 2017/06/29

Pros

Easy to use, looks great, works very well. We have used a number of different platforms and this is by far the best.

Cons

In the latest version there are fewer advanced employer features. Does not have a robust Applicant Tracking function, however it would be excellent for most users.

Ron P.

I am very impressed with what you have created and continue to improve

Reviewed on 2016/09/30

I was concerned about customer service. That is very important to me as I am not a techie I also thought that it might not be as functional as I needed it to be. After reviewing many job board software capabilities, I selected Smartjobboard based on its easy to use interface. It makes posting jobs and viewing jobs very easy.

Pros

Easy to use interface
Makes posting jobs and viewing jobs very easy
Constantly seeking to improve the product
Price is just fantastic for what we get. It's a tremendous value
Experience with the team there has been exceptional

Cons

Any additional SEO help is also appreciated as well.

Proceed with caution

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Huge problem on tech support and feature development. Tech team lacks basic understanding and messes with your custom features when they want.

Pros

Its a basic job board but delivers on its promise

Cons

With the Tech team based out of India its is a real mess. The tech team has no idea what they are doing. Huge liability as menu items and features get changes mysteriously with only the tech-support having full access.

Scott P.

Great product, easy to use

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

SmartJobBoard is a great application for a start-up company. Easy to use and customer support has been phenomenal. Although there are a couple of minor features missing, it was good to hear they are on the product's roadmap.

• Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Easy to Understand!

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Enjoy using this software, and will continue to use moving forward!

Pros

I love the look of this software. Clean, up to date, and easy on the eyes. It features nice functionality in the sense of what you are trying to achieve in the search.

Cons

It does expand across many spectrum, although it does what it is meant to... that is about it.

Brian D.

SmartJobBoard is an excellent choice

Reviewed on 2020/10/23

Pros

Easy Rollout, hosted solution. Just add a domain name and off you go.

Cons

At the time, the basic plan was limited to 100 job postings. I believe this number has since changed higher.

Bryan P.

So far I'm pleased with the application.

Reviewed on 2017/08/03

Pros

Easy to use turn key solution. Responsive interface. Payment intergration with pay pal. Integration with linked in.

Cons

Not enough reporting features. No ability to edit all pages i.e. the access denied pages. Ability to modify how latest jobs are ordered. Lack of features to help market your board to the public.

Riady S.

Responsive support from user-friendly JobBoard

Reviewed on 2016/12/16

A happy customer who receives very responsive support from the great team. A platform that is user-friendly and yet pack of wonderful features.

Evan H.

excellent

Reviewed on 2015/12/08

I really like SmartJobBoard. Awesome templates, powerful features, open source. Great support.

Shan G.

Amazing after care

Reviewed on 2017/01/30

there are plenty of job board software prooducts out there. But what makes SJB difference is not just the product that they keep improving, but the super after care that they offer. The are dedicated to make the clients aspirations come true. Accidentally deleted a few templates that caused my site to crash but when i realised and pointed that out to them, the fixed it within 15 min. It was 10:30 at night there time... Kudos to SJB team.

Rodger G.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

To date we are very happy with SmartJobBoards

Reviewed on 2017/08/03

Very quick and simple to implement

Pros

Very clean and easy to use. The layouts to choose from look very professional and are easy to modify/customize.

Cons

To date we have not landed any new clients. I am not sure how to improve our internet ranking with google or Bing.

Bob R.

Great job board

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Smart Job board was a great software to use. It allowed me to manage my trades job boards pretty easily without much programming knowledge. There were very few spots where i couldnt figure out how to work the software and id have to contact support.
This would be my only cause for concern. There would be times where i would ask a question and it would be a few days before i would receive a response. Other than that small issue I think the software is great for those who want a simple yet strong job board software option.

Amber B.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Great Product for first time job site builders

Reviewed on 2017/02/02

I have found this product to be very useful, and I'm thankful for everything so far. It's easy to use and best of all you get a lot for not a lot of money. I would like to see more features and just an update to options for overall appearances. But thanks for making it easy on a first time site builder. We appreciate you.

Pros

Cons

I just don't like the options for the way the site looks. Limited fonts and color schemes. Limited overall page view sett up.

Glenn S.

Customizable jobboard

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

We have implemented this software to create our own dedicated recruitment website. It was easily modified to suit our need and the customer support has been exceptional.

Natnael E.

Pretty good software, Multiple options to monetize your jobboard, Very flexible customer...

Reviewed on 2016/04/28

Their new SaaS option looks very cool and so easy to use.

Dillon B.

All in one solution

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Pros

Loved that this product was all-inclusive. No need for additional products other than a domain name and email. I set up Stripe for payments, filled out the details, and could move on to sales and service within a day.

Cons

The price is far more than a blog or Wordpress plug-in. The deciding factor is whether your job board will be profitable enough to justify the costs. I've taken the chance and am enjoying the time saved on maintenance so far to focus on running my business.

Chris W.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Better Job Platform Than Most and Always Improving

Reviewed on 2016/12/29

Most importantly: Job seekers visiting our site powered by SmartJobBoard.com consistently tell us they like how easy it is to navigate and perform searches. We tried several other solutions prior to implementing SmartJobBoard and found this optino to be the simplest to get up and running with easy to use admin and posting tools. SmartJobBoard is available at various price points which has allowed us to grow into the product which is an ancilary solution to our core business offerings.

SJB is always improving with new features and has been kind to entertain and implement several of our feature suggestions. SJB has plug and play integration with Indeed, Jobs2Careers, ZipRecruiter, JobG8, TopResume, GoogleAnalytics,

On the social media front: SJB has a fully integrated Facebook job site app that is more stable and reliable than others we've tested. (Related Tip: If you are working with a job-board or talent marketing tech vendor which claims to have a solution to host your jobs on Facebook yet their own company facebook page doesn't feature this tool - be prepared to do some thorough testing) I was pleasantly surprised SJB's Facebook app is truly plug and play ready in the middle and top tier accounts.

SJB is worth checking out and offers a free trial. If you have complex third party integration needs, definitely check with the SJB team before getting in too deep. As I understand it the platform is available in both a hosted and self-hosted option - we have encountered some limitation to desired integrations with the hosted version largely given.

SJB powers hundreds of job sites as I understand it... If there was one wish list item I'd love to see from SJB - it would be a Facebook group or similar crowdsourced user community to network and share best practices with.

Pros

Our team is tech proficient enough to be dangerous and perhaps high maintenance at times. Support team is super responsive and patient with our inquiries.

Cons

Lacks function to create job templates - each post is created from scratch via browser or can be uploaded via CSV/Excel file.

Daryle D.

Fantastic Job Board

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

Overall rating; 5/5

I highly recommend it to anyone. It's not exactly cheap, but it's more cost-effective than their other competitor (Job Board.IO) and will save you money, time, and headaches if you're using crappy Wordpress plugins.

Pros

Hands down their support, specifically Will - this guy has been amazing with helping us get everything set up effectively. It's a very easy software to navigate, and they have different themes that can be used. We had to hire a developer to help heavily customize the job board through CSS/JS to fit our branding, but this is totally optional.

We're a recruitment company and postings from employers might not always completely fill our job board, so MSJB offers Indeed backfilling that helps "bulk up" our postings which is nice so we don't have limited listings.

Their e-commerce for job postings is also slick. We used to work with WP Job Manager and it was a total headache keeping on top of all of the changes and updates from other plugins which frequently caused it to crash. Since moving to MSJB, we haven't had to worry about ONCE. Everything is managed and well taken care of on the back-end, and it's so smooth.

Cons

I do have a few things, but these are mainly requests, not cons:

1. Sign in with Google - most employers use this option because they forget their password, so it would be great to have this feature implemented, and hopefully soon.

2. Actually being able to see, create, and vote on feature requests from other users.

3. A Zapier integration, but I believe this is in the works as I write this.

Christina G.

Best Bang for Your Buck

Reviewed on 2019/02/21

Overall, I'm super happy with SmartJobBoard. It really gets the job done and when we run into bumps, the customer service has been great. THe SJB team is responsive and also just kind.

Pros

This software helped us to enhance the ease-of-use of our job board for both staff and users. The templates are easy to use and fairly customizable. And, there are a number of great bells and whistles to boot. The best part is that it's priced reasonably.

Cons

I would like to see better reporting functionality, and a bit more ability to make changes on the admin side.

Christina G.

A great value for small businesses.

Reviewed on 2017/08/03

Pros

This is a very easy platform to administer and to use. The options are great and the value is tremendous. Plus, I've received great customer service with short response times.

Cons

It could be just a touch more flexible, but that could be solved by hosting on your own server. Plus, the design team is great about helping find ways to solve problems.

Tewodros D.

Exceptional

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

Pros

The ease of use , exceptional Customer support and matured product.
i have researched the market before settling for smartjobboard platform and found it to be the most reliable so far

Cons

Not being able to access the server where our system is deployed. with limited room for customization and integration of other services (eg. i couldn't integrate onesignal to my job portal )

Peter H.

Good white label product.

Reviewed on 2017/08/10

Easily launch a job board for our community without having to build one ourselves. It's a niche little SAAS product for our needs.

Pros

Customisation (fields etc, front end) and external integrations (APIs, Indeed etc) . The administration and backend is intuitive and it is easy to use.

Cons

Better integration with LinkedIn. Log in only records the Job Seekers email. Integration with a CRM such as HubSpot.

Henry M.

Great Job board Script

Reviewed on 2017/04/20

We at www.jobopenings.co.ug are really happy with the Smart Job Board SAAS product.We were able to get started in a few days despite not being that tech savvy.The customer service/support is great and on time.We have never regretted choosing smart job board as our tech providers.

Jason P.

Overall, a very good experience.

Reviewed on 2017/08/03

Pros

I like the turn-key nature of the software. Easy to set-up and start taking orders. I like the back-fill feature.

Cons

On the employer's management page, I would like to be able to search job postings by title and location so they can be easily found to update or delete. I am not seeing our job posts on the new Google jobs widget on Google.com.

Jonathan T.

Very easy to set up

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

Learnt about product options more

Pros

The backfilling functionality helps fill the jobs board. The product purchase shop are simple to set up

Cons

The customisation needs more options e.g. To change colours wording layout headers etc in more ways