Hi5 Reviews

4.4/5 (106 reviews)
Asanda K.

Hi5 Sessions

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

My experience with Hi5 app is 99.99%, for now I really don't have anything to add on this app.

Pros

It's fun, it's where you appreciate your colleagues at work. Always updates you with the Teams birthdays- that most important, this app makes us feel like home while we at work.

It also make you feel not to left behind, giving out Hi5 is the most interesting part. End of the day if you're the top giver, you win Hi5 Award and some little gift from the office to make it more interested.

Cons

Communication & more information about other Colleagues job descriptions.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Asanda!

Thanks so much for your generously positive feedback! We're so pleased you're enjoying Hi5.

Please reach out to us at any time you may need some assitance! Simply email [email protected] and a Hi5 Hero will be able to assist you.

Caroline O.

An easy way to link remote teams

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

streamGo encourages remote working and almost all work at least two days from home, alongside the remote nature of some of the roles in the business, Hi5 has enabled a consistent and always-available channel for the team to give praise when and where it is due. The biggest challenge beforehand is that the praise was being handed out but it was never heard by all.

Pros

Hi5 is so easy to use and has no laborious set up processes. The team love a GIF at the best of times so the GIPHY integration is a lovely touch, allows for some cheeky personalisation and adds a lightness to the praise. We have only scraped the surface of the functionality so I'm sure I'll have more to say in the coming weeks.

Cons

There is nothing to report at this stage, we are still very new to Hi5 but so far it feels like the light of touch tool we were looking for. As soon as it becomes a chore for people to use it, people will stop using it. Only thing I would encourage is to keep it simple.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Caroline!

We love what we're hearing! Keep up the Hi5's and please reach out to us at any time you may need some help!

[email protected]

Hi5 is the glue of our team

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

I enjoy the application immensely but will say that there needs to be a constant effort in terms of how we engage and at what points. I find that sometimes I forget to put a high5 on the platform and then weeks go by without taking the time to acknowledge a colleague. Perhaps the app can start to grow out into integration on Gmail and other platforms to make it easier to give praise quickly and seamlessly within the workday.

Pros

The best part about High5 is that it actively promotes feedback and recognition in the workplace. This has proven benefits to team morale and positive culture. High5 makes it easy and entertaining to make sure you visit the platform regularly! Its visually dynamic layout brings a welcome break to the average day on the desktop, I find myself sometimes revisiting old High5's just to get the boost again.

Cons

The software is still being developed and it is sometimes a little bit cumbersome to look at or get around. There can be an improvement in the 'flow' from screen to screen. Some times the GIF function does not work and it only displays partially on the wall.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi there!

Thank you for leaving us a great review :)

Please reach out if you ever need some help! Email [email protected]

Hi5 makes celebrating your co-workers quick, easy and most importantly - FUN

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

Pros

I love how easy it is to use this software. Every feature has been designed with ease of use and speed in mind. I don't have a lot of spare time on my hands, so finding time to review colleagues or give praise - but with Hi5, I can do that in less than 5 minutes. They also strive to make HR - something that is painful and boring - into something fun and exciting

Cons

If there is anything I don't like about Hi5, it has been the overall speed of the platform. Unfortunately the more information, staff and Hi5s you have, means the platform slows down - taking longer to load.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi there!

Thanks so much leaving us a review - we really appreciate the time you took to give us valuable feedback!

We're continuously looking at ways to improve Hi5 and optimise the speed.

If you ever need help with using Hi5, please don't hesitate to get in touch at [email protected]!

Brendan V.

Easy to just go in a hi5 someone, and as well as back someone else's hi5

Reviewed on 2018/06/27

Recognition of effort and jobs well done, as well as a means to offer the same recognition to others

Pros

Easy to use and all hi5's are visible for everyone to see, so the recognition is clear. Backing other hi5's makes it possible to have a single hi5 reason with multiple votes instead of multiple hi5's that relate to the same thing.

Cons

All operations that wait for the server to complete consume too much of the user's time. The frontend of backend processing needs to be speeded up

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Brendan!

Thanks so much for your awesome rating! We also really appreciate the advice you listed - we are constantly looking at ways to improve Hi5 and make it better. We are also continuously optimising the speed and experience.

Get in touch with us at [email protected] if you ever experience any problems and one of our Hi5 Heroes will assist!

Alex F.

Hi5 review

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/07/08

Pros

I like the fact that it gives everyone in the company the ability to review each other and see who is delivering on being a Hi5 worthy employee. It gives the people who would otherwise fly under the radar for their achievements an opportunity to be recognized for their efforts.

Cons

the recognition is departmentally based. What I mean by this is that only the people that you interact with on an everyday basis have the option of giving you a Hi5. This makes it easier for employees who are interacting with multiple departments across the company to get Hi5's, no matter how hard the 'limited' employees may try to get Hi5's, it all depends on the people they are in contact with. This has the possibility of having the adverse effect of the softwares' aim by decreasing morale as the effort would not reflect as the employee would hope.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Alex!

Thanks so much for leaving your review of Hi5!

We'd love to chat more about what you're experiencing regarding Hi5-giving? There is no limitation on who is allowed to receive & give Hi5's in your company (Everyone can give recognition on Hi5!).

You can Hi5 anyone in your company who has activated their account (if you can't find them easily on your list, try searching by name).

If this person hasn't activated their account yet, you will be able to send them a reminder to activate (invite via Desktop only), but will only be able to Hi5 them once they're active.

Please reach out to us at [email protected] so we chat about this :)

4.0/10
Dielah J.

very good

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

they will always remind you

Pros

when you can compliment someone and get feedback back

Cons

nothing they are good the way they are they must not chances

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Dielah!

WOW thanks for your stellar review! We really appreciate your feedback.

Please hit us up at [email protected] if you ever need some assistance.

Geoff N.

Great concept. Makes HR easy. Say goodbye to long meaningless performance reviews.

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Highly engaged employees and don't need to waste time on pointless long-winded performance reviews from the 1990s.

Pros

Simple to explain the idea of giving Hi5. We have created a monthly competition where the person who receives most hi5's wins a prize. Keeps employees engaged and on a path to excellence.

Cons

No reporting on app - need to go to web for that. Not a deal breaker but would nice to see some stats on the go.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Geoff!

WOW thanks for this amazing review! Although we'd like to keep the apps as simple and easy to use as possible, we are definitely looking into adding some of the reporting features!

Keep Hi5'ing,

Nokuthula N.

Best software ever

Reviewed on 2019/07/11

Staff knows a lot about the company without having to ask, like company culture and able to show appreciation to each other easily, reminds everyone about each others birthdays

Pros

Ease of use, connects you to everyone at the same time

Cons

Nothing that I know of always on track , love it

Annette N.

My thoughts on my 7 months of using Hi5

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

We are definitely solving issues like demotivation and low morale by having this platform. Everyone wants to feel appreciated and this allows just that.

Pros

I thoroughly love being able to commend my colleagues and give credit where it's due. Working in a big organisation sometimes means the smaller deeds are left unnoticed. Often we appreciate colleagues but never actually let them know. It's great to have a platform that reminds you (super grateful for the email reminders by the way) to be conscious about your peers and the small and large contribution they are making.

Cons

I think the website could be more refined. It feels a bit cluttered and i sometimes don't know where things are. There's a lot going on on the homepage.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Annette!

Thanks for leaving us your review!

We <3 that your company is benefiting from our platform, and we'll definitely look at improving the dashboards (we're looking for more ways to simplify and improve Hi5!)

Ryan P.

Great app to build company culture

Reviewed on 2019/06/19

Love the new Pulses feature, this helps us nail a regular feedback loop within the company.

Pros

Ease of use on my mobile phone, and their TV projection mode.

Cons

Lots of features, but we use them only for recognition and feedback which are their strengths.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Ryan!

Thanks so much for leaving your great review!

We're so pleased to know that you love our app :) Please reach out to [email protected] if you ever need some help!

Charles W.

Bad business

Reviewed on 2019/07/14
Review Source

None

Pros

Met many people of many interest which enabled me to meet them outside of the app as well.

Cons

Well I am paid up till September but when I switched phones and changed my number I am no longer VIP. I got ripped off. There is no way of contacting anyone to take care of that issue. I had other accounts carry over no problem with the changes except this one.

5.0/10
Cristelle S.

What a great way to share appreciation

Reviewed on 2019/06/28

Hi5 is a great tool for improving internal communication and building team morale - it's inspiring to see deserving team members being recognised for their hard work!

Pros

I love how Hi5 encourages team members to share appreciation on everyday tasks - what a great way to motivate each other! I also enjoy reading team updates on the platform rather than sending emails - all company news is now kept in one one central place. Thanks Hi5!

Cons

On my android phone I can't add GIFS when I Hi5 team members - I know my colleagues with iPhones doesn't have the same problem. Please fix that! :)

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Cristelle!

WOW we love what we're reading - deserving co-workers getting recognition for a job well done

If you're unable to add GIFs on your Android app, you may need to update to our latest version! Please go to your Play store > My Apps, then tap on Hi5 and Update.

Reach out to us at [email protected] if you're stuck!

Michael V.

Great App, Drives Motivation.

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/07/02

My experience so far is great, something that i have noticed is that it isn't being used by most employees, not sure if there is maybe no interest or an understanding issue. Something i'd like is maybe a suggestion mail/notification when someone has been hi5'd to back it because you sometimes forget to check the app, but this might already be implemented that i just missed, however it is an awesome app overall i love the idea, i just have to use it more often.

Pros

The fact that you can give/receive recognition to or from peers/managers without it having to be a physical conversation, it is sometimes hard to find time to appreciate what employees do in a busy work environment. This app makes is easier and saves time, i like that the recognition is visible to everyone as this drives motivation.

The setup was easy, and the training/presentation was great.

Cons

There isn't really something i didn't like, but if i have to mention something maybe it would be the profile picture. Not sure if i did it incorrectly but it would be nice to have the option to set your own profile picture instead of it selecting one for you during the initial setup but this is probably something that is there that i just missed.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Michael!

Great to hear your feedback, and we love your suggestion of nudging users to back Hi5's that have been given

In terms of changing your profile pic - we didn't want to give you a mundane silhouette as a placeholder, so we opted for animal pics

But you can definitely personalise this by going to your My Profile tab and clicking on your placeholder profile pic.

Happy Hi5'ing!

Hlengiwe N.

Reason why I love this app

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Business wise it helped our seniors to be able to see which employees are meeting the companies objectives as some managers do not know what happens in other departments.

Pros

I don't have a specific item I would say I liked the most as I loved the whole app as a whole. The app helped us recognize each other's efforts as a team. If you doing a great job and someone from your team sees the potential, he/she would send you a Hi5 and that is seen by your manager who is happy to have a team of people who take initiative. It also gives the person Hi5ed motivation to do better. So the app was great

Cons

I did not like the fact that one had an option to Hi5 him/herself as people could easily cheat just to be on the leaderboard.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Hlengiwe!

We really appreciate that you left us some great feedback!

Regarding Hi5-giving, you are not able to give yourself a Hi5. Could you let us know the details of this case so we can check it out? Please mail: [email protected]

Michelle M.

Team spirit

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

Using Hi5 encourages healthy growth and development, and generally, our team is happier and more productive as a result.

Pros

Integrating ratings into the software enables team members to have an accurate understanding of true value. Using Hi5 has also elevated team spirit and encourages team members in areas of growth and development.

Cons

Self-ratings. But that is more to do with the fact that one has to self analyse value, rather than the software itself.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Michelle!

Wow, we love what we're hearing - it's great news that your team is happier and more productive since using Hi5!

When it comes to self-ratings, it's a great way to reflect on your personal growth at your company. With our new Pulses feature Admins can toggle Self-ratings on/off.

Please feel free to reach out again if you have any more feedback for us!

Rameez B.

Great for team spirit and acknowledgement.

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

I love how the software brings people together from all different departments. Teams can sometimes work in isolation and not be aware of what's happening in their department. Hi5 has allowed us to be more involved in each other's work and also understand how the next person works.

Pros

The app is user-friendly, vibrant and very inviting. It has an easy to understand interface and makes use of many social aspects/integrations such as gifs, jpegs etc This really does liven up the social aspect of it and makes it less of a "work" tool.

Cons

If not everybody is using the app it loses its purpose. So it's always a good idea to encourage everyone to participate.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Rameez!

Thanks so much for leaving such a sterling review!

Hi5 always works best when everyone is involved - keep being a Hi5 champion at Homechoice!

Thabo M.

HI5-Feedback

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Its a great app for companies - Being able to recognize hard working individuals

Pros

That an external people are able to give you a reviews and not only limit to your co-workers

Cons

Nothing really bad, i feel you can also improve the layout of websites - make the layout and graphic more model design .

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Thabo!

We really appreciate your great review!

We'd love to hear more about your suggestions around the web layout - please reach out to us at [email protected]

The Hi5 Team

Awesome tool to build individual/group moral!

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

It's been positive. I like seeing what my work mates are doing well and it's been so wonderful being complimented for my efforts. This also builds confidence for us to compliment each other in real life. A wonderful stepping stone into reality, making my workplace a more encouraging place.

Pros

Builds individual and group moral
Comments ensure that people know what they did well and continue doing that.
I like the fact that the comments stay on our walls can be seen by everyone.
Hi5'ing peoples Hi5's if we don't know what to write but we agree with the Hi5

Cons

Overload of emails reminding us to Hi5
Why am I asked to Hi5 people on their birthdays? They didn't do anything in the work space worth mentioning. They were literally born.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi there!

Wow, thanks so much for your wonderful insights! It's amazing how a little recognition and feedback can go such a long way.

We're sorry to hear that you're not finding the email notifications too helpful! You can unsubscribe by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email at any time.

Hi5ing people on their birthdays is not compulsory but we do find it really makes their day ;)

Please reach out to [email protected] if you ever have any queries.

7.0/10
Granville S.

The ingagament is great with site Hi5 opens doors

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Open mind thinking not just for me, but all that access the site

Pros

Very ease access load very faster and no pop ups make for better user friendly, allow link s between you and management

Cons

I feel more emotion needs to be add for what you saying about the person you Hi5ing
Emogis will be great

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Granville!

We love the feedback you've given about adding more emotion to recognition!

Did you know that you can add images, animated GIFs & Giphy's, as well as emoji's to your Hi5's?

If you haven't tried these features just yet, let me know and I'll be more than happy to show you how!

Joshua S.

Hi5 is great - and only getting better!

Reviewed on 2019/07/11

Pros

This product allows myself and team to show recognition to each other.

Cons

The lack of features - but that's improving each update.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Joshua!

for you, thanks for the great review and helpful feedback!

Please let us know specifically which features you're looking for? (Oh and we're happy you're enjoying our monthly updates! We're always shipping )

Nokuthula N.

Best software ever

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

People know hop value-able appreciated they are , You get to know the feeling around company culture staff feedback

Pros

Regularity of notifications, and ease of use

Cons

love everything about H5, Regularity of notifications, and ease of use

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Nokuthula!

Wow, thanks so much for your review, we really appreciate it!

Please reach out to [email protected] if you ever need some help or want to share some cat pics ;)

Keroshen N.

From Top to Bottom

Reviewed on 2019/06/30

The platform and concept is excellent for a dynamic team such as ours. It gives the sense of everybody being able to interact on the same level while maintaining professionalism. With a company such as DigiBlu, Hi5 has added much value to our credit and reward system within the fraternity. It creates a positive and congenial environment From Top to Bottom. A definite recommend!

Pros

I love that you can compliment and Hi5 literally anybody in your company. It is sometimes nerve-wracking saying something directly to someone, upfront, especially someone who is a superior in your team. Hi5 allows an excellent platform to say kudos without the awkward encounter!

Cons

It took me a while to get used to the features and find out how best to customize my Hi5. It does also take a little while to load the page/entries that you want to view.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Keroshen!

We love what what we're hearing: that your team is using Hi5 as a platform to stay engaged, motivated and close the gaps between management and employees!

We are looking into improving the speed of Hi5, thanks for pointing that out!

Keep up the Hi5'ing,

Palesa M.

been using this software for a few weeks and it's boosted company and individual morale

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Pros

it's easy to use, you can give hi-5s to anyone for just about anything (that brings value into your life)

Cons

we're only limited to giving 10 hi-5s a month. would like to sometimes give a few more. There's always someone worthy of receiving an acknowledgement.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Palesa!

Thanks so much for leaving this review :D

I see you've listed in the cons that you can only give out 10 Hi5's? We recently published an update which gives everyone 5 x Hi5's per week! If you haven't given out all your Hi5's for the week, you lose them. You get a new batch every Monday morning.

You can use the Give Gauge (under the My Status tab) to keep track of how many Hi5's you have left to give.

Let me know if you have any questions - I'm happy to help!

7.0/10
Uwais A.

Feedback

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Sharing successes across the company with Hi5 is great.

Pros

Recognition of staff helps a lot. The leaderboard on who gives the most is also great.

Cons

For some reason, when you move into a new month, your hi5s from the previous month can no longer be accessed in terms of backing someone else's hi5. This is always odd when someone gave a hi5 on 31st of the month and you only see it on 1st of the new month.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Uwais!

Hmm, this is a great insight on backing of Hi5's, especially if the month ends in the middle of the week!

We've already added this to our list of items to improve on.

Please feel free to reach out again at [email protected]

Sincerely,