Showing 63 reviews of 53

Userpilot

Product user experience software for product & UX teams

Showing 63 reviews of 53
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Would be an amazing tool if it wasn't so buggy.

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

UserPilot would have been perfect for my needs had it been more stable. Unfortunately, I just couldn't handle all the bugs.

Pros

At first, UserPilot seemed great. It was easy to use, the UI was fairly simple, I was creating guides in a few minutes.

It covers all the basic needs for a simple app or webpage walkthrough and allows you to spin up great looking guides fast.

Cons

It was just loaded with bugs. The app kept breaking, deleting things I had done, encountering errors, freezing etc. It eventually became completely un-useable as I couldn't get a guide finished without running into some kind of an issue.

Ben W.

Excellent onboarding and customer experience platform

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

Improving our onboarding so that we can better educate our prospects and ultimately converting more free trials to paying customers.

Pros

The mix of tools at our disposal. We’ve been able to reduce the number of tools we’re using as a result!

We were previously using intercom for our onboarding and product tours, however, it is rather linear. We were also looking to improve the in app experience for new users and found that all the tools we needed for this end could be found in Userpilot (experiences, Checklist, Tooltips), which has saved us developing some of these features ourselves.

Cons

We were also keen to rollout the NPS survey, however, it is slightly lacking in customisation. By this I mean that I would like to be able to route users with different scores to different destinations. For example, a 9/10 B2B client to G2, whilst a 9/10 B2C client would be sent to the App Store to leave a review.

Kamil D.
  • Industry: Research

Best software for user onboarding

Reviewed on 2020/08/24

Pros

We’ve tried Appcues and Chameleon vs Userpilot. We loved that they had proactive and reactive onboarding capabilities.

Moreover, I am amazed that after basic installation. It’s super easy to do feature tagging and A/B testing.

Cons

I haven't found any bad things in this tool.

Carl Ö.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Great service team

Reviewed on 2020/03/11

So far so good. Sometimes the tool makes me frustrated, but that is usually solved with a quick chat with the service team.

Pros

The customer success team are very diligent and helps out whenever they can. Have at many occasions jumped into calls where they helped me fix a flow I couldn't fix myself.

Cons

There are still a few features that I feel is missing from Userpilot, but the service team are happy to receive feedback on this. Sometimes more things are promised than are delivered.

John K.

Quite good solution and most of all stable

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Pros

I have been using userpilot even before the latest update which made it much more intuitive and user friendly. The main advantage is that when you create a navigation it will be working even when you update your app / UI. I had tested quite many other similar solutions and most of them even with a small UI change you had to update the tour.

Cons

When publishing a tour, minor issues might arise but the support is fixing them quite quickly.

Seth S.

Great User Guidance Software

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

We've seen a decrease in quesitons/support call. Userpilot's team was great from demo to go live and continues to provide timely responses.

Pros

Easy to setup and easy to use, provides context help to users when and where they need it

Cons

Nothing really - anything that has come up the team has quickly addressed or answered

Logan H.
  • Industry: Music

Beautiful, powerful, supportive.

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

Pros

- Prebuilt playbooks and UI elements which helps make the process of creating user onboarding campaigns faster
- Universal themes which helps with changing global branding on the fly
- User personalization/data customization which makes user onboarding seamless to your app
- Great and fast support team which is one of my definitive lines for having a great product experience!

Cons

It's hard to come up with a con for userpilot and I wouldn't consider this a negative "con" but Userpilot is incredibly powerful so to the novice, it can be quite tedious even with the aid of their prebuilt playbooks and UI elements.

Nice experience

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Userpilot allowed me to offer a nice onboarding to my users.

Pros

Userpilot comes with nice design and various features which I really appreciated.

Cons

Not really easy to use at the beginning. I had to do a lot of tests and reading.

Andrew B.

Great onboarding tool, excellent support

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Pros

Love the power of this tool, and all the possibilities it gives us to refine and power up our onboarding process. User support is fantastic too.

Cons

There's a bit of a learning curve, which takes away from when we can start seeing proper results from this tool.

Hector B.

The essential intro app

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Pros

The functionality and ease to introduce customers to your SAAS or service is so powerful that conversions are just unusual. I highly recommend this in place of any free trial approach

Cons

Only a few glitches but its mostly smooth sailing in every experience that I get to use Userpilot

Jason T.

Excellent tool for showcasing product features and improving user adoption

Reviewed on 2020/07/24

Our LMS can be a little complex to understand at first. UserPilot helps us to guide learners through what they need to know to get going. We've noticed less helpdesk queries coming through from new users. The NPS scores and feedback system have also been really helpful for us to know where we can improve

Pros

- Intuitive and user-friendly process for creating tours and experiences.

- Being able to pass custom data to the system is great

- Unlike some similar systems, you can control which devices tours are shown on

Cons

- We have encountered a few bugs when building more complex tours.

- The technical documentation could use some more improvement

Rafal K.

Intuitive and powerful tool

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

Pros

Great tool to onboard users in a SaaS product. It's really flexible tool, so you can create workflows that are contextual and effective. We love the checklist, and widget as well as native tooltips that always stay there.

Cons

I didn't find any big problems using the UserPilot.

🏂⛳🏇 maxime L.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Solid product !

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

Reallyy easy to use and the result is really professionnal.

Pros

Userpilot has everything necessary for good user onboarding.
Great feature at an affordable price for a startup.

Cons

Only con : the segment integration which is only compatible with Analytics.js source and based only on contacts... But it's the case with most competitors.

Hoang L.

Best for your Leads Easy to use and setup - User friendly

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

Userpilot helps your leads access and learn your product easily and faster. Userpilot is easy to learn, the price is reasonable.

Pros

Userpilot helps you leads when onboarding on your product, with the help of easy setup and user friendly user interface.
I like the auto trigger features that guide your leads unlock the process of your product.

It's easy to use no coding skills needed. Love the Push hints & tips features.

User experience is great, design the group and tooltips is easy. You can create your own theme for your product.
Great experience dashboard, simple yet user friendly.

Cons

Got no problem with user interaction. Just great.

Mick G.
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Ideal solution for mid market users

Reviewed on 2020/07/08

Strong SaaS product fit. Excellent support and value for money.

Pros

We really appreciate UserPilot's focus on design and ease of use. Integrating into our tool was really simple which is useful.

Cons

They don't have a built in NPS system, however this is minor for us as the cost of solutions that include NPS is so much higher, that we can use an external NPS provider

Razvan G.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Really good product growth software

Reviewed on 2020/07/09

Pros

I have tried many user product tours, but nothing compares how easy and user friendly User Pilot does it. It also has enough features to cover all my needs.

Cons

I can not complain about anything. I have been using it for 2 years already and they improved a lot.

Rick B.

Amazing product and company!

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

We started-off with Userpilot when they where still in BETA. They have come a loonngg way. At this exact moment Userpilot helps us with a massive roll-out, onboarding over 2000 users in 1 month.

The software is great, the service even better. Whenever I wondered if something was possible, I got the answer YES. Which is usually not the case with a software that hasnt' been around long.

If you're looking to create a wonderful experience for your clients, then Userpilot is your go-to tool!

Pros

Userpilot is great, the software helps our customers better understand our platform and the possibilities it brings. But the software is not even the best thing here, it's the incredible personal service. They are DEDICATED to make everything work, perfectly tailored to your needs.

Cons

At the moment it's not a click-and-go solution, which is fine since they're helping you personally to make everything work.

Daniel S.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Increases engagement

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

I am glad we chose user pilot over Pendo - doing so allowed us to get more flexibility with the user journey through their guides and then with the $$ we had left over (Userpilot is cheaper than Pendo) we were able to get mixpanel and world class analytics.

Pros

I liked that you have a "what you see is what you get" editor. It's pretty intuitive and easy to make a design that looks good.

You can create custom flows based on segments of users so that different people have different experiences based on their previous actions or the metadata that you have attached to them as a user.

Cons

There were some glitches and times when it would freeze up and you have to redo your work. Userpilot is a relatively young company so I would imagine that these will continue to be ironed out.

Jeff M.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Excellent choice for on-boarding, help functions, and new feature releases

Reviewed on 2020/01/18

Overall, I am very satisfied with Userpilot. After searching through the available options I found that some were very expensive and others lacked major functionality. Userpilot had the functionality I need at a reasonable price.

Pros

It is excellent for rolling out and demonstrating new features. The settings for determining when a user sees the experiences and how often is very helpful. It is also very good for on-boarding new users and walking them through a checklist to show them how your software works. I have used other software in this space, and Userpilot is among the top for simple usability in this area.

Cons

The formatting of the experiences could be better. The system allows you to customize your experience with your branding, colors, etc. Although I'm glad it is there and I made it function, I found that to be somewhat difficult to use.

Anna O.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Easy to use tool for the onboarding process

Reviewed on 2020/07/17

Pros

Customized templates offered by Userpilot help to achieve AHA moments faster. This tool is useful not only for new customers (when you need to explain how your tool works) but also for existing ones when you want to inform them about new features you've implemented. What's important for me - it's easy to install, no coder needed!

Cons

Initial costs may be some kind of a deal-breaker, but once you get to know this tool, you will love it

Valentin F.

Userpilot is an awesome tool that helps onboard your users and increases adoption.

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Pros

Its easy to use and I personally really like the UI.

Cons

I am missing a self service for the free trial.

Hauke H.

Reducing onboarding friction

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

Pros

It integrates well with our existing stack. We could put it "on top" and our content people could work independently from the devs.

Cons

At high loads, there was a slight lag. But I suspect that will be fixed soon.

Udit G.
  • Industry: Information Services

Love the Software!

Reviewed on 2018/10/27

Pros

UserPilot is amazing and the founder behind the software is rock solid. I have been using this at FunnelBake and absolutely it.

Cons

Still need some better UI/UX designs and templates.