Buildxact

Bid more, win more. Quote 5X faster with digital tools.

Scott

Making Life easier

Reviewed on 2021/09/07

Could not be happier with BuildXact and get really good feed back from clients and our accountant team

Pros

From tracking quotes, to take offs and organizing your quote in a professional way, to sending purchase orders and tracking your project to the cent, BuildXact is by far the best value for money estimating/project management software on the market.

Cons

The scheduling is a bit clunky in comparison to MS Project

Procore

Reasons for Switching to Buildxact

one stop shop, Procore uses an external estimating software

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for your great feedback.

Nick

Residential Renovations building Company review

Reviewed on 2022/01/31

My experience with BuildXact has definitely been positive. It has streamlined and simplified our quoting and cost planning processes.

Pros

I find the estimating features to be easy to use and effective in generating accurate project estimates / quotations.
Leading on to 'Job' stage the historical data and cost plan is essential for reviewing and maintaining project cost controls.
The Variation portal is also very beneficial with submitting and tracking any changes as the project progresses

Cons

I dont find the Accounting Software integration to be beneficial as the communication between Xero and Build Xact is not 2-way.

Reasons for Switching to Buildxact

Subscription Fees and options Australian based and supported Best suited for the features I was chasing

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for the great review Nick!

Emma

Daily Usage for Renovation Industry

Reviewed on 2023/04/11

I quite like the program but the reporting is very lacking so we rely heavily on XERO to do this part.

Pros

That is works well with XERO to track expenses according to each job

Cons

That there is no search feature in the Actuals. In the building industry there are so many different items used and a search to find an item would be handy.

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for the feedback and taking the time to review Buildxact

Jacob

Great Support

Reviewed on 2023/02/19

Customer support is what has really set you guys apart from everyone else and one of the main reasons we went with buildxact. Keep it up

Pros

We loved the wide range of things we could do with this software. A one stop shop for our costing, scheduling and backcosting.

Cons

We would love a timeline longer than a month to be visable on the dashboard to see all our builds over say a year span. We would also love some more new zealand suppliers. I also struggle sometimes when recipes update wrong or not at all from the categlogue to the esitmate.

Reasons for Switching to Buildxact

Customer support and builder trend was super slow with long load times.

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for the positive review Jacob

Marcos

Great Software for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 2023/01/19

We had to spend a few hours/days setting up the tool for quoting, tracking expenses as they were being allocated in the wrong field when synced with Xero and making it fully synced.

Pros

It's a great tool for quoting as you can set up formulas and the quote itself looks really professional and visually attractive.

Cons

Sometimes the numbers and percentages are hard to understand and sometimes they don't match in a logical manner.

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for taking the time review Buildxact Marcos

Barry

Buildxact Experience

Reviewed on 2021/11/03

My overall experience with Buildxact is great.Estimates are Professional and build confidence in your clients. This program will help you win Quotes.

Pros

The product was easy to use. Uploading your company logo for branding was easy. This program is backed up by fantastic support which I accessed .

Cons

Could have smoother transition between estimate and invoice. Should be in same drop down box. Ex convert current estimate to invoice.

CoConstruct

Reasons for Choosing Buildxact

Buildxact was superior in functionality and ease of use. You cannot upload a print in CoConstruct and do take offs.

CoConstruct

Reasons for Switching to Buildxact

It took me very little time with some articles and bit of conversation to start putting out professional looking estimates, in total time a couple days and your up and running providing detailed Quotes

Response from Buildxact

Great to hear you're enjoying the software so much Barry.

Min

Overall good

Reviewed on 2021/11/03

Very good, would recommend to anyone that in this industry

Very good, would recommend to anyone that in this industry

Pros

Software - easy and useful.
Service - 5 star services, solves all the issues we have ever.

Cons

Sometimes bugs still come out, most them have been resolved, but some we still have to pay attention too.

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for the great feedback.

Glenn

Great work tool

Reviewed on 2021/12/15

Pros

Keeping my jobs costed and follow profit to each job

Cons

Nothing to mention, everything works as I need

Response from Buildxact

Glad you're enjoying the software Glenn!

Steve
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

Pros

how easy it is to use, provide digital take off, purchase orders

Cons

not a great fan of the schedule, im sure its easy to use as well but never got around to it.

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for such a great review Steve

Bill

Exceptional Customer Service

Reviewed on 2023/06/13

Great. Has really turned my business around.

Great. Has really turned my business around.

Pros

I have now been in business as a builder since the beginning of 2020 (basically right at the start of COVID). For two years I was using a different platform, and for the past year BuildXact. I was constantly stuffing up my estimates and bleeding money using the old platform, but since changing over to BX and building up my own custom template, I've now done three major extension/renovations through your software and every single one has been profitable!Whilst I'm never satisfied and I'm always tinkering and making improvements to my template, I think my estimates are now really high quality and I'm also winning work based on the professional look of the quote letter.It's been such a massive positive change for my business and I hope my business can remain profitable and healthy into the future using BX and a couple of other handy digital tools.

Cons

Costs are high, takeoff features could do with some improvments, no plan annotation feature for use with tablet/ stylus

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for choosing Buildxact Bill

Luke

BuildXact Estimating

Reviewed on 2021/09/07

Excellent isnt a better package out there to suit my needs

Excellent isnt a better package out there to suit my needs

Pros

Estimating ease of use, graphical takeoff, template creation

Cons

actual calculation functions to assist with cutting lists

Procore, Buildertrend and Databuild

Reasons for Choosing Buildxact

Needed a simpler easier to use product

Databuild

ease of use

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for the great feedback.

Richard

Build Exact user

Reviewed on 2021/08/26

Tracking of variations has been extremely useful especially as linked to the invoicing

Pros

All the features are useful and relevent

Cons

Clearer tracking of progress invoices from contractors and suppliers for part claims

Response from Buildxact

Hi, thank you for the great feedback and for using Buildxact.

Grant

Buildxact

Reviewed on 2021/08/26

The main benefit is that we can have processes in place to assist us with quoting clients homes

Pros

Great software and they are continually improving their service offering. Easy to do take offs and manipulate the software to your individual requirements. The support teams are great, always ready to help you and assist you in getting the most out of the software. They continually run sessions on their updates to ensure you are across them. All of their support are based in Melbourne and Australian owned company which is great for local business.

Cons

Their quoting system wasn't ideal at the start however they have just released a newer version and it's great.

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for the great feedback Grant. Thank you for using Buildxact.

Jim

Finally I found some suitable software in my 33rd year of building

Reviewed on 2022/01/11

I am combining many areas into one. I used to write my quote detail for my manager and she would produce the quote on a template - now this is built in. Having invoiced pre-populate in Xero and the Variation process is very handy and a big time saver too.

Pros

The video tutorials and the rapid response of the Australian support team

Cons

I like Team Gantt how it gives you options to colour code the gantt chart. I used to have all of my carpentry labour a single colour which allowed me at a glance to see if all positions were full each week etc.

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for such great feedback Jim.

John

Easy Estimating

Reviewed on 2021/08/26

Easy estimation production that has saved us hundreds of hours over the past few years. Also pricing client variations and options is easy. I though our last estimating product was quick and easy to use until we trialed BuildXact.

Pros

Easy and intuitive to use, simple import plans and scaling. Its also easy to used similar quotes as templates.

Cons

Labeling all the plan pages takes a while, but once that is done then your off to the races.

Reasons for Choosing Buildxact

Initially looked to save costs and the ability to quote more complex multi level projects.

Response from Buildxact

Thanks, John for the great feedback.

Anthony

Buildxact for residential construction

Reviewed on 2021/08/26

Buildxact does a great job of estimating and job management. Helpful with back costing etc

Pros

intergration from estimate to job. this excellerated our sales process helping us lift our turn over

Cons

intergration with other systems...Payrole etc. The overall dash board is helpful but I would like a global company planner

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for the feedback Anthony.

Chris

BX user from 2016

Reviewed on 2023/01/15

good

good

Pros

once you. have learned how to use it is very effective an as its cloud based it will allow mobility from one workplace to another an saves time each day.

Cons

Sometimes the effectiveness of the actual connection cab be slow and cause issues.

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for the quality review Chris

Jamie

JAK Build

Reviewed on 2022/04/23

Great after sales services , and follow you up. Always looking to improve and up grade, asking for our thoughts and also testing some new ideas.

Pros

The integration with email, suppliers and other products is great. The client Portal is another good add on, you can also make suggestion for up grades

Cons

Some better training for the the more experienced users, look a t the schedule side of the program. Some subbies and rated the request quote side of things.

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for the great review Jamie

rod

Buildxact - Estimating made easy

Reviewed on 2021/11/07

We have had no issues with buildxact and now have futile licences and users

We have had no issues with buildxact and now have futile licences and users

Pros

Its very quick and easy to generate professionals looking quotes, You need to do all the estimating to get your pricing and in the click of a button you have a quote

Cons

I feel there needs to be some more client notes tracking ability, Its not quite a one stop shop for construction businesses

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for the feedback Rod, and for using Buildxact.

Phillip

Most Practical Builders Estimating and Quoting Software

Reviewed on 2019/01/21

Since Using Build Exact i have won more work.
my business management has improved and able to stay...

Since Using Build Exact i have won more work.
my business management has improved and able to stay on top of my estimates, its ease of use.
professional quotes which make you stand out to others.
Overall its the best Estimating/takeoff cloud based system.
i highly recommend it to all business in the construction industry.

Pros

Fast and easy to get the hang of it
Simple takeoffs
Makes Fantastic Automatic Quotes for your clients which make you stand out.
Job Tracking and Management
what else can i say its the all rounder package that has given me the advantage in winning more work

Cons

I haven't had any issues with the system, they are constantly upgrading and making it more user friendly.

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for the fantastic review Philip

Ben

Mavben

Reviewed on 2023/05/30

Very happy

Very happy

Pros

The entire system functions seamlessly together. I operate the entire company using Buildxact. We would be lost without it.

Cons

I suggest updating the scheduling system to allow for color-coding and alerts in case of double booking trades. This will enhance the overall organization and efficiency of the system.

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for such a fantastic review Ben!

Loren

Reviewed on 2021/08/27

Overall easy to use, easy to do take offs, easy to format a quotation for a job (which I have to do at least once a week, big or small jobs).

Pros

The estimate and costing format. It's all in one page and you can go from item to item easily.
How easy it is to customise estimate templates.
Quote letter and it's format

Cons

Mark up can't be shown as separate line item in the "quoted catergories' so I am having to manually calculate it.
Quote body and terms and conditions font type is "arial" not "tahoma' like the rest of the quote letter font.
No undo function.

Michael

the best construction management tool available

Reviewed on 2023/09/22

AMAZINg

AMAZINg

Pros

ESTIMATE PRESENTATIONBUDGET TRACKING SCHEDULINg

Cons

THE TIME COMMITMENT NEEDED TO LEARN THE SYSTEM AND USE IT PROPERLY. WE’RE STILL NOT THERE YET LOL I NEED TO COMMIT A SOLID WEEK TO WATCHING THE TRAINING VIDEOs

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for the awesome review Michael!

Brendan

Happy customer

Great service and support to resolve issues and provide further training

Great service and support to resolve issues and provide further training

Pros

the overall management from costings, to accepting the job, to running the job and contractors

Cons

With some of the roll out of new features, we had some minor hiccups with an old quote being accepted and not all the fields running across

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for the great feedback and for using Buildxact.

Ben

Buildxactly

Reviewed on 2021/08/26

Time-saving user friendly software which is a must for everyone in the construction

Pros

The costing element to the software

No more spreadsheets

No more errors from CA or other people within the business

Cons

everything is very self-explanatory

Buildxact Technical support is fantastic and hassle-free

Response from Buildxact

Thanks for using Buildxact.