Showing 72 reviews of 62

Justin N.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Amazing site to use

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Pros

Our hotel starting using this for 3rd party reservation and it has been amazing. Very easy to use and look at guest booking and modify payments if i need to.

Cons

There is nothing wrong with this software. Easy to use! No complaints

Dhruv T.
  • Industry: Hospitality

The best software for small/medium properties, trust me I've looked!

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

I've been using banadesk across 3 properties and for the last 4 years. They're fantastic and consistent. All my teams have loved using it and have sometimes even requested me to go back to banana desk when we started using other softwares.
A few additional features like the ones mentioned above would be great, but I hear they're working on adding them. I've used products that have all these functionalities and they are helpful, however, I always ended up coming back to banadesk because of its ease of use. If they added a few more functionalities, banana desk would be way above the rest.

Pros

Banadesk is as close as it comes to being the perfect balance between- ease of use, affordability, efficiency and reporting.
Their customer service is one of the best I've come across
Very easy for new members of the team to pick up
Works great even when the internet connection isn't the best
The interface is genius. Intuitive, all the basic functions present and very difficult to mess up.

Cons

Some higher end functions would be highly appreciated and I'd be willing to pay extra for them. Things like automated emails to guests, a phone app to quickly check and update bookings, automatic rate changes depending on real time occupancy.

Zaeem M.

Excellent PMS Software for Hostels

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

We use Bananadesk to manage bookings from multiple sources for a 45 bed hostel. Their support is very responsive to any questions and can even be reached via a chat window. Getting Bananadesk up and running was very easy and it integrates well with our channel manager, MyAllocator.

Pros

- Drag and drop nature of the calendar
- Simple, intuitive interface of the reservation view
- Very easy to move bookings around
- Searching bookings and transactions is quick and easy
- Very cost effective

Cons

- A little fiddly to change rates quickly, for short periods
- No immediate count of occupancy in the calendar
- No revenue management options

Carolina S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Wouldn not change it at this point.

Reviewed on 2019/03/24

I have been working with bananadesk for 5 years already and i am happy with them. Although there is a lot of things they can still add, i am confident they are working on it. Is a very easy system to teach and to work with. We got to them after using pen and paper so they were lifesavers for us.

Pros

- It is very user friendly.
- Easy to move guests around if they change rooms.
- Makes distribution for groups very easy to see and change if needed.
- Dashboard helps a lot.
- They have help me changing little things like not letting my staff do checkins (or checkouts) if there is a balance. They do try to help personalizing stuff if needed.

Cons

- Is very easy to get duplicates in my guests database. (same person with 3 different records).
- Not being able to use a private room as a dorm if needed.
- I wish i could use their channel manager but it does not allow to change rates in different channels [yet] so this stops us for now.
- It would be great if i could keep a better track of my physical inventory in the system.

Guillermo C.

Usefull

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

Pros

It is an application that it is very userfriendly

Cons

Sometimes the prices are not clear on how much the channel keeps

Alejandro F.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Real collaborator in the management

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

100% satisfactory.

Pros

They fulfill what they offer, accessible value. Friendly and close support in prudent times. Very useful and easy to use.

Cons

It would slightly improve the collection of long-term statistics. Today there are certain requests that you must make via mail / chat. They always respond in very good time. It would be more attractive to have access to all statistics and information with total autonomy.

Rafael B.
  • Industry: Hospitality

One of the fastest and simplest products out there

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

We are very happy with this, product, we use it many times during the day and not even once had any problem or delay, always online and always fast.

Pros

Very easy to set up and use, within a day we were ready to use it
It helps us have complete control and information anytime and anywhere, office, laptop or cellphone!

Cons

Maybe being able to configure the calendar view a little more...

Nadia P.

Good option for small Hostels/Hotels

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Pros

Little training required, some advance/management options are more complicated to get done but for a quick staff introduction works well.

Cons

You can only move one bed at the time, which is time wasting when you need to move a whole room. It could allow you to select all the ones you need to move to save time.

Maria alejandra P.

Banana Desk Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

The management is easy to learn for everyone and allows us to keep very organized.

Pros

We like it very much because its not complicated to use it.

Cons

The monthly cost should be measured differently.

I would recommend adding a method to carry inventories of additional services.

Wilson C.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Excellent service. highly recommended

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

I highly recommend banadesk to any host who wants to better manage their reservations, it is a pretty nice and clear platform that helped me a lot to improve the theme of my availability thus achieving better organization.

Pros

I really like the interface of the platform and, above all, it is very easy to use, making everything clearly visible.

Cons

Sometimes it is often slow to process orders to perform an operation

Fabian M.

Bananadesk - a great PMS

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Pros

It is very simple to set up and manage, and the Support Crew is absolutely helpful. Makes the daily tasks in the hostel easy.

Cons

Right now I could not mention any downsides.

Heather R.

Needs some improvements

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

Overall it’s good just needs an app ASAP

Pros

Customer service is great and it’s pretty easy to use. For the price it’s worthwhile

Cons

No APP!!! The website is not mobile friendly and every time you have to log into the online system making it very time consuming

Marianne R.

Banandesk for Hotels

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

I liked The support of the team of bananadesk, they are very nice and helpfull.

Pros

it's easy to use, very friendly user.
The person of support are very friendly and helpfull when I have doubts.
I´m new in the industry, so I need lots of assisstance and banadesk team has given to me.

Cons

I don't have something I don´t like about it.

Juan pablo L.

"before and after knowing bananadesk"

Reviewed on 2014/09/12

Since I met banana and implement in my business, everything became much simpler and easier to control and manage. It is a super safe, friendly, online software, and has online support to help you in everything you need. I really recommend it because my experience was excellent.

Carolina H.

Easy and Cheap

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

I use Bananadesk everyday, and I can only suggest they continue growing and who knows if one day we'll be using BananaChannels and BananaBookings! Overall I'm happy with this software and can only ask for an App to be a little bit better on the phone!

Pros

It is a super user friendly software.
I have lots of interns comming for 1 or 2 months, and they learn very fast to use Bananadesk.
Plus it's cheap considering other softwares on the market!
But above all, the team is amazing and always ready to support or answer any doubts you have!

Cons

Pricing and "season rates" should be way easier for business like a hostel... I need to have 52 season rates in orther to manipulate prices weekly!!!
The other thing that needs improving are the Dashboards... Unfortunately they have some limitations.

Julia B.

Simple, effective and inexpensive

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

My small budget backpackers hostel is big enough to be a headache when allocating multiple booking systems and this really takes the pressure off! I was new to these things but the setup support I received made it all feel very straight forward. I did a lot of research to find the right channel manager and I am happy with my decision.

Pros

The flexible option for seasonal properties helps to make this very cost effective. By paying however the business model does not require the selling of data that I believe is safer and more ethical than most free booking software options. The system is simple and intuitive to learn and use. I like the uncluttered visual of the booking page, most other budget booking software packages look cramped by comparison.

Cons

Whilst Bananadesk is functional from my mobile it would be helpful if the click and drag facility worked better on mobile devices so that I could more easily reserve places for bookings received on the go. The best fix I can find is to click and block day by day and then update the information on returning to my computer. This is a minor niggle though.

Benoit F.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Do really the hostel calendar job

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Everybody who worked on hospitality industry I showed this software are amazed about it. They dreamed about a concept like that. it's so easy to see the reservations, It's all automatic if you receive reservations from hostelworld or others and so simple if you want to make some change. Maybe too easy, we need to be really careful, because there is no way to come back if we didn't pay attention. I will put a 10/10 the day they put an history button and a smart phone app.

Pros

The easy way to set up and use the calendar, the way to be able to reach the administrators.

Cons

There is no calendar history of what we changed on the calendar and we cannot come back if you did a mistake. It's possible to ask to Bananadesk team but it's not that simple. Not really adapted yet for a smart phone. That would be fantastic to have smart phone app.

Michael V.
  • Industry: Hospitality

The best, most user-friendly PMS with great customer service

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

It's great software administrated by a friendly company. I wouldn't dream of looking elsewhere for property management software.

Pros

It's very straightforward software and therefore it's very easy to teach new users all the functions and features in a short period of time.

Cons

It's built-in channel manager only connects to Booking.com and Hostelworld. But, since those are the main booking sites, it's not a huge inconvenience.

Veronica R.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Useful and essential tool

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

Fast and effective

Pros

If you think about managing a hostel or hotel, it is essential to think about this TOOL. . Banana desk gives you all the solutions to manage and sell your rooms from one place and through all the pages you want without the possibility of overselling. The human team is always attentive to your questions. It is a useful and essential tool

Cons

It would be important to have an option to see the reservations entered on each page, and also to be able to manage better from the phone

Gladys H.

Bananadesk is amazing!

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Banana provides an amazing way to visualize all the management of your hotel, very intuitive and brings all what happens in a business such as this one into a clear visual platform.

Pros

We have been using bananadesk for more than a year and it simply is really useful, easy to use, has almost all that you can need in a hotel/hostel software, and the support is very quick to respond!

Cons

it would be great that it worked with more channel managers since we already switched to another one because we started working with a chain, so now banana is only an internal software but still very useful!

Kriengkrai C.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

I am loving it.

Pros

Easy for use, even no manual.
First time user/Non-experienced can use it.

Cons

It takes time to up date rate; we need to change it each day in a week.
One log-in for multi-property will be great.
Report should be more details, and accuracy.
More function will be great.

Alvaro G.

Reviewed on 2019/05/22

I win time, and for the dame, I win tourists!

Pros

The new receptionists (usually travellers) can learn to use this system very fast. The platform and the colors make it very friendly, I love it!

Also the price is good, not too expensive like others.

Cons

The options that offer to the tourists for book a bed. Only accept credit card. Could use PayPal, debit cards... give more options.

Fo S.
  • Industry: Accounting

No comment

Very good

Pros

Very good channel manager And not will over

Cons

Easy to manage Avaibility and prices To work our hostel..