TripLog Mileage Tracker

Mileage tracking & expense reimbursement

Good, not great

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

This software has a lot of features that I would say are essential to easy mileage tracking for teams like variable auto-start options and shared locations. It just needs some finesse to make it something I don't mind looking at or jumping into regularly.

Pros

I like the auto-logging feature and all the flexible options for triggering the recording of a trip either by a particular bluetooth connection, USB device or a handful of other options. I also like having centralized recording and reporting of mileage for my team.

Cons

It's pretty ugly to look at – both the app and the website. I know it's just a reporting tool that aggregates data (nothing sexy) but that doesn't mean it can't have both form AND function. I need to spend more time trying to leverage the rest of the features (like Quickbooks integration and reimbursement) included but the last time I looked, I didn't feel like the help docs were super clear.

Ted adam G.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Best App Experience for a Business Application

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

This has been a total solution for business application on mileage and staff tracking as well as payment for reimbursement ... TripLog has made unmeasurable adaptions for us!

Pros

The team at TripLog are PHENOMENAL!!
They are the absolute best team to work with that I have experienced!
Anyone can call me anytime and I will be thrilled to positively promote TripLog

Cons

The only improvement would be website speed

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

TRIPLOG

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

Triplog is affording me the ability to track my state by state mileage for each truck in my fleet. This makes my reporting on a quartily basis easier.

Pros

What I like most about the software is the fact that it is on autopilot and I do not have to worry about if it is working or not.

Cons

What I like least about the software is the ability to reach customer support with an issue. You can not reach them by phone only by email. If I have an issue I most of the time need it fixed in a hurry.

Becky T.

TripLog - an inexpensive, short-term fix

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Pros

The mobile app was easy to use, and accurate. Easy to run reports when needed.

Cons

We had many, many problems uploading into Concur. Support always said that it was on 'Concur's end' - which was not always the case. And support was not always available when needed.

Susan W.
  • Industry: Wholesale

great software, great price

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

it has helped us immensely in keeping organized.

Pros

this is easy for all our people to use and keeps our records straight for all our vehicles

Cons

a little hard to understand how to use features initially

Michael B.

Super easy to track your mileage for business.

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Pros

The software tracks my daily mileage and allows me to easily classify each trip as business or not. Then it tallys it up by week or by month and then at the end of the year to submit to the government. So many great features and settings you can tweak.

Cons

Nothing much to report. There are occasional glitches where it thinks the trip has ended or was in several segments, but not that often.

Vj H.
  • Industry: Wireless

Great Value for the Road Warrior

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

We use TripLog to keep up with our sales team and their productivity throughout the work day. It allows out management staff to validate customer visits and the teams whereabouts. I would definitely recommend this to any business looking to keep up with their team of employees.

Pros

TripLog is very easy to use whether you prefer Android or iOS. The MagicTrip functionality allows you to simply forget this is running in the background and the need to manually start each trip.

Cons

Honestly, nothing really. The interface is super easy to use and accuarate.

Abigail K.

Perfect

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Pros

Has all the best functions that my team needs.

Cons

I actually dont have any complaints about this software.

Colin H.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Trip log

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

I stopped using it after the trial as I thought it was confusing to use and didn’t get a hang of it right away

Pros

Breaks down your trips really well
Keeps up with location and mileage well
Able to adjust type trip the drive was

Cons

It was confusing to switch from business use and personal use. You have to go back into each log to change it. Would be nice if it was an easy prion after each drive

Kelly F.

Triplog lag

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

With other similar mile trackers this one landed pretty low on my list after a short time using it. Hopefully when I quit this they heed my feedback and change a little

Pros

The overall appearance of the website and the adaprabiltiy to cellular devices are nice and clean and load quickly without issue.

Cons

I didn't like that it seemed a little complicated to keep track of my mileage in an organized way. As a real estate agent I was looking for a more touch and go app that can adjust to my fast lifestyle. Seemed like it kept logging out

Alison c K.

Triplog is just plain logical!!

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

Pros

It automatically links with the bluetooth in my car, making it superbly easy to track and organize my mileage. I also appreciate that it's smart enough to sense when I'm at a stop light, instead of turning a trip off. The platform is easy to navigate. Looks clean and organized.

Cons

Triplog almost does TOO good of a job tracking! Making it abit long to tag each stop as a business or personal.

Mike E.

Decent solution

Reviewed on 2019/01/21

Moving mileage tracking away from an excel sheet to a digital option to see real time reporting.

Pros

Simple interface, customization to adjust mileage rates paid.

Cons

Cumbersome to adjust business vs personal via the app. The auto start functionality is finicky, works most of the time. which elicits doubt in the end user that they're being reimbursed.

Bradley B.

TripLog Review

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

Overall we have not determined how beneficial it has been to switch. Changing the mileage calculating software and issues uploading to QuickBooks have almost erased the time saved by switching over to the app. The support sometimes takes more than a day to respond.

Pros

Centralized portal for staff to track their mileage and provides an app to keep track on the go.

Cons

They changed their software so that trips no longer calculate based upon actual driving time (such as using Google Maps or Waze) and now just pull the shortest driving distance. Our policy is to use the manual entry method as we do not want our staff to use the GPS, so this will ultimately cost them a lot in mileage reimbursement.

Chasity M.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

I appreciate the tracker but found another one I like better

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pros

It was easy to learn how to use it but it would freeze up and it was frustrating.

Cons

The freezing was an issue. I went with another mileage tracker.

Mario C.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Triplog: Love and Hate

NOne

Pros

Pretty basic and not complicated. It is pretty straightforward.

Cons

The slowness of the system when pulling a report.

Susan S.

Works, but could be better

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

It is a good price and when it works it is pretty good. Needs some improvements to be great!

Pros

It should work pretty automatically. It doesn't require data or internet connection since we are in rural areas that sometimes doesn't have internet connectivity. I like the fleet tracking feature to provide some security in case something goes wrong.

Cons

It is glitchy. We have had issues with sometimes not picking up a trip. We have had issues if the person makes a roundtrip without turning off the app, it calculates zero miles since the start and end were the same location. The reporting features are lacking and there is no way to close out trips and archive them after they are paid, oh and no way to mark them paid. The customer service is pretty non-existent.

Jon H.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Great value for the price

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

Pros

Overall the product is easy to use and brings much needed visibility to our mileage reimbursement program. Easy to submit miles, approve, and process for payment.

Cons

Calculated miles can be incorrect depending on the phone model and service coverage. The ability to link credit cards into the app is great, but not all banks have the ability to connect (i.e. not ours).

Marsha B.
  • Industry: Farming

TripLog is great

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

This is much easier than trying to use a log book. I feel confident we are tracking our truck locations and capturing our miles.

Pros

I love how easy it is for the drivers to get started tracking their driving. It is very simple! I also like how I can login any time and see where my trucks are, where they have been, and the speed at which they traveled.

Cons

Once in a while we have had a trip or partial trip not show up or not record. Sometimes it does show up the next day. If it doesn't, you can manually add it into the system so you can still manage your miles for tax purposes.

• Industry: Sports

GREAT mileage tracker!

Reviewed on 2018/10/15

fantastic, thankful for a way to keep accurate recording

Pros

Sync with your phone GPS or manually input - the ease of reporting is great for employees, and even for those who are self-employed. Valuable, inexpensive tool! Worth it!

Cons

I don't remember to always use it. (that's user, not software issue.....haha)

Tracey S.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Good automated mileage tracking app

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Pros

When it works well, it definitely helps our users keep track of their mileage in a more automated way. Previously, our users were tracking mileage on company cars manually and this was leading to a lot of erroneous data. The ability to merge trips and manually edit trips is great. As a manager, it is also nice to be able to track current locations and monitor movement of company vehicles.

Cons

Some of my users who aren't technically savvy seem to have a lot of issues with the interface. Also sometime the app doesn't start tracking when the car is turned on or stop when the car is turned off. You have to babysit it a LOT to make sure it tracks correctly. I'm trying to train my users to carefully monitor the app to make sure it's working correctly, but some people are less capable of this than others.

• Industry: Legislative Office

Makes Tracking Miles Easy

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Love how this app makes tracking miles so much easier and faster.

Pros

As someone who has done ride share and delivery, this app saved me a lot of time. It is so easy to use and is so helpful if you are self-employed.

Cons

I usually just end up manually starting and stopping the tracking because I sometimes am driving around waiting for a job to be assigned to me. That is more of a personal issue than a complaint about the app.

Marita K.

Review - TripLog -

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

It was easy to get started and does what it says: log our trip for easy reporting!

Pros

One place for sales men and office staff to enter and review information for mileage reimbursement.

Cons

An automatic upload of attached receipts would be great - sales staff tends to forget.

Crystal B.

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

Pros

The software is easy to use, I install and update.

Cons

A con for me is sometime the app and car miles do not match and I have to manually change the miles in the app to matc the actual miles on the vehicle.

Great for small business owners

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

Pros

I am the owner of three small businesses and I cannot imagine tracking all of my miles without this software. I use this every time I drive and it knows what vehicle I am using and tracks all of my miles automatically.

Cons

It does drain my phone battery a little but not as bad as other programs I have tried to use. No other cons at this time.

Mike L.
  • Industry: Design

TripLog Mileage Review

Reviewed on 2019/01/26

Overall our experience has been good. When we do have a problem, support is quick to resolve.

Pros

Convenient and easy to use. The format allows even those who resist technology the ability to use.

Cons

Difficult to manage changes to users. We have to leave deleted users in the queue and this make it hard to manage current active users.