Routific

Route optimization software for delivery businesses

4,9
Company size: Self Employed

Exactly what I needed!

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/06/16

I'm running two week-long STEM summer camps for middle schoolers. Our original plan was to have the campers at the local high school all day and we were going to feed them snacks and lunch from our top local caterer. Well, due to COVID19, we have converted camp to an "at home" experience. But we are determined to keep the food component, so we are driving lunch to 35 campers each day. My wife, my friend [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and two of my students are doing the driving.

Using my free trial, I was able to set up [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as drivers. Then, I was able to plug the 35 campers into routific, optimize the routes, and then dispatch. It was AMAZING. What an incredible product.

Pros

So easy to use. So easy to make modifications to your stops, drivers, and routes. And the dispatch button is magic.

Cons

I have no complaints. Maybe another pricing tier for users like me.

David H.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Slick, clean, easy to use routing software

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

Our restaurant started delivering a large number of meals for a government program due to COVID-19. We were not prepared for the logistical challenge. At the beginning, we were trying to split up the addresses in Excel by city, print out spreadsheets with addresses for drivers, check off what had been completed, canceled, or rescheduled, take notes, etc. It was a disaster. It was impossible to organize, leaving us with little idea of who delivered what, where, or when. This didn't last long though. I love technology and started looking for a solution.

Stumbling upon Routific was a godsend. One look at the website and I could tell that it's a disrupter. After creating an account to do the trial period, I uploaded all the stops and created optimized routes for my drivers in minutes. The UI is so good that it makes everything feel approachable. It isn't intimidating. Deployment for my drivers was almost too easy. Seeing my drivers proceed efficiently on their routes, add photos and notes when necessary, then being left with an easy-to-digest record of deliveries was pure bliss. Enabling customer notifications so my recipients know when to expect their meal delivery (and not needing to call us night and day) was just the cherry on top.

Bottom line, it's made a really complex job (dividing, optimizing, and distributing routes to drivers) not only simple, but enjoyable. It's been reliable and easy to use in all aspects. Honestly, it's a work of art.

Pros

My favorite feature about Routific is how easy is it to dispatch routes to drivers. For a brand new driver, all they have to do is install the app on their phone. After that, Routific sends a text message with a link that opens the route automatically in the app. For dispatchers working with tech-impaired employees, this is a life-saver! You don't have to create accounts for them or share passwords or anything like that.

The driver app is also attractive with a clean and intuitive UI. It's easy for people to learn to use. As a dispatcher, the web UI is clean and attractive. It feels lightweight even though it's doing a lot. Creating a route with multiple drivers and quite a few stops, especially when there are unique situations, is complex--however, Routific makes it about as easy as I can imagine it being. It is very flexible, allowing for lots of changes and variables, and it handles it all easily.

It's nice that the driver app allows drivers to use the navigation app of their choice (Waze, Google Maps, Apple Maps). Not only does it allow for the possibility of superior navigation, but it is also one less thing to teach the driver.

The customer notifications are incredibly easy to setup and they work very well.

Cons

As great as the software is, it does get expensive quickly. In fact, for a small business, it's about as expensive as I think we could take, especially with its per vehicle pricing model. I think maybe plans that included a certain number of vehicles might make more sense. Also, the pricing for customer notifications feels exorbitant. It starts at $16 (annual plan, $19 for monthly), which might be reasonable alone, but that price is per vehicle. If you have a few active vehicles on your delivery route, you'll be paying a steep cost for those text messages. This really should be a flat fee service I think.

Feature-wise, my main complaint would be in regard to customer notifications--you can only choose SMS only or email only. If you need to mix and match notifications because some stops can't receive SMS notifications and others don't have emails, you're out of luck.

Secondarily, while you can see the location of drivers in real-time, Routific does not seem to show the routes that drivers actually took, along with speeds and related data. There have been times when that would have been helpful. It also doesn't seem to provide GPS data to verify the location when the driver marks a delivery completed.

Cristina F.
Industry: Hospitality

Good system, well designed, but too pricey if I only need for 1 driver.

Reviewed on 2017/12/13

The faster routes for the job.

Pros

How quick it puts the routes together and that you can select different options.
And the customer service.

Cons

I was very disappointed to know that to retrieve my driver notes and places she stops, I had to pay an additional fee.

Response from Routific

Cristina,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. I'm so sorry you didn't think Routific was worth the money.

It's true that in order to track your drivers and collect notes, you need to subscribe to our live tracking feature. I'm sorry if this wasn't clearly communicated to you before signing up.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Jeff G.

What a Find!

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

I'm really not sure where our company be without Routific! We have been able to perform at a peak level due to to the software, allowing our staff to handle a large volume of deliveries, with minimal effort...

Pros

Ability to plan, route and manage daily trips through basic and simple steps!

Cons

The inability to close Canada/US border when routing trips
Routing trips over the course of multiple days

Joel S.
Industry: Wholesale

My experience with Routific - what an wonderful company and an amazing product.

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

We had used the Routific API when conducting a costing exercise late last year and had found it exceptionally easy to use.
3 months ago when we decided to start delivering some of our own freight in a van we turned to Routific again and began using the software using xls files to import the delivery information. within two weeks our team had integrated it with our ERP so that these imports were not necessary making it a breeze to manage the van and the ever changing runs.
Also this review would not be compleat without a shoutout to Alfin. he has been absolutaly wonderful to work with.

Pros

Ease of Use. It was exceptionally easy for my team to integrate with our ERP. This is due to the API being well structured and the Documentation being well laid out and containing all the relevant information.
The UI is very well laid out and my staff had no trouble at all learning how to use it. Our driver also finds the web interface easy to use and very intuitive. the way he can open the next destination in Google Maps saves him a lot of time.

Cons

I don’t really see any Cons. The Features that I would like to see in the software in the future are, the ability to track the driver in realtime and possibility a native Android App.

Kajetan Ž.

Simple as bread

Reviewed on 2020/04/03

Excellent made my life a lot simpler. If we scale, I hope it will scale with us. I also like the support guys were super helpfull

Pros

The simplicity is king. I dont have to show my drivers anything the administration is funny how easy it is. The other software made the whole task look super difficult with a ton of features I didn't use. I also like the interface, the simple use of colors. Its so simple my little brother can use it.

Cons

It is maybe laking some simple features like more notes for drivers. I would need a note that I can name. My guys have to put bread in to deliveries and for them to know how much to but I would like a costumizible note that i could name Bread and just add 1,2,3...

Also there are a few bugs, and the softwere becomes a bit slow to respond when you go 250+delivery.

Response from Routific

Thanks for the great review! You mentioned that you'd like to create notes for drivers. We in fact have this this! You can use "custom fields" when you upload your stops. https://academy.routific.com/en/articles/1370850-custom-fields-and-how-to-add-them

Marino V.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Great route planner for SME

Reviewed on 2020/05/14

Pros

In the beginning I liked how easy it was to set up and start. I just exported my customer's addresses into a CSV document and started planning routes. Saved me a ton of time. Later on I started to love the API that they offer so now I have all kinds of optimization and time saving features built in.

Cons

There is nothing that I can think that I haven't been able to solve in some way using Routific. It fulfills all my needs.

Jonathan K.

Made my deliveries 3x more productive

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

Very positive. Easy. It took me a couple of days to learn how to input all the info and manage it and know how the dispatch works and everything. Very positive.

Pros

Its intuitive, it has awesome features like the client notifications, and everytime I had a question I was serviced in a very comprehensive and friendly fashion. They didnt stop until I said I was satisfied.

Cons

Just a little bug that you can't manually input the coordinates of a place, it has to be uploaded from excel every time.

Jamie F.

Great For Small online Business that have a number of drivers

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

Pros

very easy to set up, upload bulk orders/deliveries and very quick to adjust the deliveries into a smooth route. I really like the live tracking, when customer call and ask when they will get there order I can easily check the system and give the customer a realistic time frame.

Cons

It would be great if you could have an admin app for phones. when customers call me about there order i have to always go to a PC login in open the program then fine the route etc. if it was an admin phone app that can see the live routes it would be very helpful for people on the go.

As a small/medium business who has just started online sales you have to subscribed to many applications. you need to pay for online store, integration apps (zapier), Mailchimp and now for delivery a routific. when you compare routific to the other apps on the chain i spend more money on it and get the lower level (less premium version) where on my other apps i pay less but i am on higher tiers.

Sean H.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Made Our Days Way Easier!

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

Fantastic! This was exactly what we had been looking for for months.

Pros

This software was a godsend. Since Covid, we have primarily been servicing our participants via delivery. For months we were trying to find an application that would be beneficial and save us valuable time and resources, so we can better serve our community. Fortunately, I received a delivery from another company that was utilizing Routific and they couldn't stop singing it's praises. We've been able to serve a greater number of people at a more efficient rate. The features have allowed for better and more in-depth services to be provided by our team. We love the fact that routes are saved and can be analyzed at a later date. And the real-time progress reports are extremely beneficial. Our drivers also appreciate the freedom to utilize any map system on the back-end. The editing tools were easily learned and applied. All in all, a great program.

Cons

The only issues we came across, were the occasions in which we had to stop what we were doing after the routes had been published and we're trying to dispatch the routes. It would intermittently ask for permissions that had already been given. Not always ideal, when we're rushing out the door. But again, this happens only once in awhile.

Rissa M.

No words to describe how helpful and easy to use Routific is!!!

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

Our church has a large scale fundraiser two to three times per year where we make and distribute approx 1000 chicken salad lunches across our community (~25 mile radius). All deliveries must be completed in about 2.5-3 hours and everyone participating is a volunteer (no previous professional delivery experience). Traditionally we were having problems getting enough volunteers to manage the delivery due to inefficiency in travel, lack of knowledgeable directions to delivery sites, frustration faced when deliveries were not made in timely fashion. I decided we had to make a change if we wanted to continue our fundraiser. I chose Routific because of its integration with turn by turn directions, its stellar routing algorithm, the ability to publish route to phone with navigation, and ease of managing routing/driver assignments. I absolutely could not be more impressed with the way Routific allowed me to send drivers out with easy to understand routes that made sense to them and easily allowed us to deliver meals at the proper time. Every driver returned with nothing but positive comments from the experience and promised to serve as delivery driver again next time! As the coordinator and admin of the project (with no routing or delivery experience) the software was quite intuitive and easy to use. The online help docs are top notch. Use of the software was very simple to learn and implement. Thank you Routific for developing a solution that fits so well for our needs!!

Cons

Really have nothing negative about the software at all to share. It is expensive for our situation where we have two to three one day events per year but have 10 or more drivers on those three days. If your business is delivery this produce would be an absolutely cost effective investment just on the fuel and time it saves alone. Highly recommend Routific!

Davonna L.

We love using this software! Great service!!!

Reviewed on 2017/07/07

Pros

The many things I love about this program include the fact that I am able to see approximately where my drivers are and know when they will make it to their next stop. I also love the signature capture feature included in the program. It helps me to prove who signed for the delivery. Being able to route many drivers at a time and not have them overlap is truly an asset. The customer service that this company provides is excellent! When I have an issue they are on it immediately. I love that my representative knows who I am and wants to deal with me. I would appreciate a photo capture feature enabled into the program to prove when something has to be left on a porch, but I feel it will be rolled out eventually.

Cons

I would say the only thing that I would like to change about this program is the cost. When I first started I felt the value for the money was great, but since the new features have been added I feel it is just a little out of the good value price range. I would like to have a flat fee to run unlimited vehicles, also.

Simon M.

Delivering in times of Pandemic

Reviewed on 2020/04/17

Great, we've always done limited home delivery of our sourdough, but with the COVID19 lock down, demand for home delivery has sky-rocketed, and I needed a system that was quick to set up and would save me time overall.
I've been really happy with Routific, it was easy to create a CSV export from my ordering system that fed straight into the app.

Pros

Best features are the easy import from a CSV, and the fact that it remembers your data mapping for future imports. And the customer notification feature is great, it means I don't have to deal with calls.
Also, the predicted delivery times are incredibly accurate.

Cons

I haven't found a way to say deliver to location A before delivering to location B, say if we have to pick up stock from one supplier, before delivering to another customer. I can do it manually though.

Douglas M.

I never give 5 stars...

Reviewed on 2020/04/04

Super happy! We needed an intuitive, plug and play solution for managing several drivers at the same time and Routific saved the day. Customer service has also been excellent and willing to work with us. It's pricey but worth every penny.

Pros

We had to pivot quickly from doing farmers markets to making deliveries after coronavirus hit. Routific ended up being a perfect solution for us, helping us manage 5 drivers and 150 deliveries all delivering on the same day. Getting set up was super intuitive and quick, and we were operationalized within an hour of creating an account. The routing algorithm isn't very customizable, but it's very easy to drag and drop stops from one driver to another, or to shift the stops around. Driver experience was very smooth as well.

Cons

Team at Routific is still adding features, so this will likely be outdated soon after writing (April 3, 2020). The interaction between the software and native map apps on the phone could use a little work. Also as mentioned, the routing algorithm is set up to basically only give out an even number of stops to each driver, regardless of length of route. It's easy enough to fix and we can ship a full manifest, exactly how we want it, with 15 minutes of work after uploading the stops.

Daniel B.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Simple and Scalable route planning software that saves you time

Reviewed on 2020/11/04

Simple to setup, simple to use. Fun and informative with the facts about bees (lots of apps miss this 'pleasure' aspect). Can highly recommend Routific for route planning for any size business.

Pros

Routific is really easy to use, especially when uploading addresses via csv. We went for a 'simple' integration approach of exporting orders from our website into csv and importing them into routific. Only brand new addresses (that aren't even on google maps yet) had a bit of difficulty - but for context, it's about 10 in every 2000 deliveries we made where we had to manually adjust those addresses.

Overall, super pleasant app!

Cons

Main missing feature would be the ability to have multiple users without needing to share a single login. And then the other feature that would be nice would be the ability to 'drop' addresses onto the map without having to rely on the address search function.

Emanuel H.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Routific is the best routing planner!

Reviewed on 2020/04/29

Pros

During the coronavirus crisis my Organization started building a network of volunteers to deliver groceries and medications to 1500+ members which are above 65 years old of our local community. With routific we found the perfect solution to our routing needs, its ease of use and modern design made planning all the stops easy, and to top it all off our volunteers can click which stops they have completed allowing us to see where they are. One of the best features is the SMS notifications allowing us to give our customers a time-window of when they can expect a delivery to occur, this helped us to stay in touch with them and get feedback easily. All in all after having gone through multiple trials of other softwares before routific I can really recommend this as a routing software.

Cons

Currently the routing is only for cars, it would be cool to be able to change the route optimization for cargo-bicycles for example. Everything else works perfectly!

Stefano C.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Innovation and quality for your transport

Reviewed on 2020/06/18

I had a really good time. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is my Routific's consultant and has always helped me if there were problems. I am also very happy with the economic aspect; they have always been willing to discuss and meet my requests.

Pros

In a few moments the software is able to organize my deliveries. It provides very important support for my drivers.

Cons

There are very few aspects that I don't like. I would like Routific to offer me an alternative when planning tours, if some deliveries are excluded from planning due to lack of time or other problems.

Patricia Z.

Love Routific!

Reviewed on 2020/04/24

Pros

I love this software because it is so simple and easy to use. It helps us a lot with our daily runs. It's a really easy and great tool to have. Customer service is amazing. They are really committed to this product and to their customers.

Cons

There are a few things that are still missing. For example, switching an order from one date to another would be extremely helpful as some customers are not available on some dates. Also being able to select more than 1 order to unschedule it. I like to make my own runs but Routific routes them on its own and I have to unschedule them 1 by 1.

Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Great software

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/08/21

Overall it is a great product.

Pros

The ability to change which driver was taking each delivery. We make changes right up until the trucks are leaving based on weight, traffic, backorders, etc. so being able to drag and drop stops from one driver to another allows us to balance the routes.

Cons

We are looking for a system that also GPS tracks the drivers so we can confirm that they have completed the stops, along with e-signatures for our deliveries.

Response from Routific

Hey there!

Thanks for the review.

Just wanted to let you know that while we do not track the live GPS location of your drivers, we do have a delivery status tracking feature that allows you to see when drivers have completed stops. It also allows you to collect e-signatures.

If you want to take a look at these features and give Routific another try, let us know. We're happy to walk you through it.

Jen R.
Industry: Food Production

Game-changer for small scale food distribution and food relief org.

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

Brilliant. Love it. And...to top it off every bit of correspondence we've had with the Routific HQ has been fast, responsive and generous. Go team!

Pros

We love this software and are constantly discovering other capabilities that allow us to scale and manage constant changing variables (e.g. different drivers, destinations, loads, etc.). This software was a game changer for us in the Covid response. We were able to grow quickly - 6-fold in terms of capacity to distribute low cost/no cost food to four local suburbs.

Cons

It would be great to see this software integrated with the Open Food Network online platform. It could really catapult small-scale food producers, farmers and food hubs to aggregate, distribute and transport their produce and goods quickly and efficiently to markets and consumers.

In writing this...it was only that we had to do quite a bit of back end work on spreadsheets to make them integrate better with the Routific format.

Nat W.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Designed for API integration, Routific is highly usable and excels with its own UI

Reviewed on 2020/04/08

I started using Routific to build a direct to consumer same-day home delivery program of hard cider and beer. In less than three weeks, my team of four drivers has made over 1000 deliveries. Routific is central tool to managing this process. I demo'ed two other solutions before selecting Routific.

Pros

Extremely low learning curve. UI is simple to understand.
High quality and rapid response to help requests.
No unnecessary features.
Flexibility in how you use it. Does not push you into one style.
Useful for same-day delivery businesses, which are a big challenge.
Excellent trial offer to get you started.

Cons

Some of the UI elements are a bit buggy requiring careful clicking. (Route/stop timeline)
Some of the process UI is annoying, inefficient. (Unnecessary confirmation dialogs when selecting drivers.)

Industry: Furniture

Essential tool for SMEs with delivery fleet

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

It's the best routing solution out there. It is the best at what it does.
If you are wasting time doing routes automatically, and you have pressure to minimize gasoline cost and manhours, this is a great solution.

Pros

Ease of use. It is extremely intuitive and simple to set up.

Cons

The solution is missing analytics of your routes

Ed M.
Industry: Photography

Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the Routific team!

Reviewed on 2020/04/29

Routific has been a fantastic help for me as we tackle a charity project during the pandemic. We are photographers doing The Front Steps Project ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]). As of this review, we have been able to raise over $25,000 in donations to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Without Routific, there is no way we could generate as many donations as we do because we could not get to as many people. Also, it’s amazing for up-front planning. I can take 50-100 address in a community, dump into Routfic and then easily break the project into days – the first 20-25 are day 1, then next 20-25 are day 2, etc. It would be a nightmare for me to try to figure that out manually.

Thank you for making it available for charities like this project!!!

Pros

Ease of use. Simple integration/import from Excel data (or any CSV data source). Integration into mobile device GPS products (Google Maps, Waze, Apple Maps). Accuracy of routing. Ability to integrate exceptions (time windows) at the individual customer/stop level. Customer service is great!

Cons

I really don't have any cons to mention.

Peter L.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Cracks an impossible code on a daily basis - lightning fast

Reviewed on 2016/08/06

I own a document destruction business. Every day I put two drivers out into the field, each servicing between 15 and 20 clients a day. No two days are the same. And these stops are within 120 miles radius of my office. There is just no way to do this manually.

With Routific, I export a CSV file from my CRM of the day's work, upload it into Routific and within 2 minutes, the software plots the optimal solution for me.

Better yet, I can manually override the plot and then the software will optimize the route base upon my manual "tweaking."

The software also allows me to customize on a "per stop basis" the duration of each stop (they can range from 5 minutes to 4 hours), which truck services which client (the small truck in New York City, the big truck for larger jobs). Very handy.

Truly impressive optimization software.

Pros

Fast
Flexible
Easy to use UI
Powerful

Cons

The colors of the plots are hard to reach (colors are too similar).

Response from Routific

Thanks so much, Peter. Really glad we're able to help your business soar!

We're adjusting the color scheme in an upcoming release, so those pins will be more easily distinguishable. Cheers!

Ryan G.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Easy to use, quick to set up, fully featured

Reviewed on 2020/04/03

Providing route optimization for door to door delivery of emergency food supplies to home-bound seniors, as well as quarantined or isolated families with children would not have been possible without this.

Pros

Really appreciated that I do not need to enter an end location point to enable route optimizations. We don't know where our drivers will end up after a route, we just need the route to be as fast as possible.

Cons

So far I have not found anything I like least, I suppose that I wish I did not have to download the solution to see a table view of the route just to check it, I'd like to be able to see the table view right in the browser so I can catch mistakes with load, notes, timing etc. I find the timeline feature confusing and not as helpful.