Routific

Route optimization software for delivery businesses

Matt S.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Exactly what I needed!

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

I'm running two week-long STEM summer camps for middle schoolers. Our original plan was to have the campers at the local high school all day and we were going to feed them snacks and lunch from our top local caterer. Well, due to COVID19, we have converted camp to an "at home" experience. But we are determined to keep the food component, so we are driving lunch to 35 campers each day. My wife, my friend [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and two of my students are doing the driving.

Using my free trial, I was able to set up [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as drivers. Then, I was able to plug the 35 campers into routific, optimize the routes, and then dispatch. It was AMAZING. What an incredible product.

Pros

So easy to use. So easy to make modifications to your stops, drivers, and routes. And the dispatch button is magic.

Cons

I have no complaints. Maybe another pricing tier for users like me.

David H.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Slick, clean, easy to use routing software

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

Our restaurant started delivering a large number of meals for a government program due to COVID-19. We were not prepared for the logistical challenge. At the beginning, we were trying to split up the addresses in Excel by city, print out spreadsheets with addresses for drivers, check off what had been completed, canceled, or rescheduled, take notes, etc. It was a disaster. It was impossible to organize, leaving us with little idea of who delivered what, where, or when. This didn't last long though. I love technology and started looking for a solution.

Stumbling upon Routific was a godsend. One look at the website and I could tell that it's a disrupter. After creating an account to do the trial period, I uploaded all the stops and created optimized routes for my drivers in minutes. The UI is so good that it makes everything feel approachable. It isn't intimidating. Deployment for my drivers was almost too easy. Seeing my drivers proceed efficiently on their routes, add photos and notes when necessary, then being left with an easy-to-digest record of deliveries was pure bliss. Enabling customer notifications so my recipients know when to expect their meal delivery (and not needing to call us night and day) was just the cherry on top.

Bottom line, it's made a really complex job (dividing, optimizing, and distributing routes to drivers) not only simple, but enjoyable. It's been reliable and easy to use in all aspects. Honestly, it's a work of art.

Pros

My favorite feature about Routific is how easy is it to dispatch routes to drivers. For a brand new driver, all they have to do is install the app on their phone. After that, Routific sends a text message with a link that opens the route automatically in the app. For dispatchers working with tech-impaired employees, this is a life-saver! You don't have to create accounts for them or share passwords or anything like that.

The driver app is also attractive with a clean and intuitive UI. It's easy for people to learn to use. As a dispatcher, the web UI is clean and attractive. It feels lightweight even though it's doing a lot. Creating a route with multiple drivers and quite a few stops, especially when there are unique situations, is complex--however, Routific makes it about as easy as I can imagine it being. It is very flexible, allowing for lots of changes and variables, and it handles it all easily.

It's nice that the driver app allows drivers to use the navigation app of their choice (Waze, Google Maps, Apple Maps). Not only does it allow for the possibility of superior navigation, but it is also one less thing to teach the driver.

The customer notifications are incredibly easy to setup and they work very well.

Cons

As great as the software is, it does get expensive quickly. In fact, for a small business, it's about as expensive as I think we could take, especially with its per vehicle pricing model. I think maybe plans that included a certain number of vehicles might make more sense. Also, the pricing for customer notifications feels exorbitant. It starts at $16 (annual plan, $19 for monthly), which might be reasonable alone, but that price is per vehicle. If you have a few active vehicles on your delivery route, you'll be paying a steep cost for those text messages. This really should be a flat fee service I think.

Feature-wise, my main complaint would be in regard to customer notifications--you can only choose SMS only or email only. If you need to mix and match notifications because some stops can't receive SMS notifications and others don't have emails, you're out of luck.

Secondarily, while you can see the location of drivers in real-time, Routific does not seem to show the routes that drivers actually took, along with speeds and related data. There have been times when that would have been helpful. It also doesn't seem to provide GPS data to verify the location when the driver marks a delivery completed.

Marino V.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Great route planner for SME

Reviewed on 2020/05/14

Pros

In the beginning I liked how easy it was to set up and start. I just exported my customer's addresses into a CSV document and started planning routes. Saved me a ton of time. Later on I started to love the API that they offer so now I have all kinds of optimization and time saving features built in.

Cons

There is nothing that I can think that I haven't been able to solve in some way using Routific. It fulfills all my needs.

Jonathan K.

Made my deliveries 3x more productive

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

Very positive. Easy. It took me a couple of days to learn how to input all the info and manage it and know how the dispatch works and everything. Very positive.

Pros

Its intuitive, it has awesome features like the client notifications, and everytime I had a question I was serviced in a very comprehensive and friendly fashion. They didnt stop until I said I was satisfied.

Cons

Just a little bug that you can't manually input the coordinates of a place, it has to be uploaded from excel every time.

Daniel B.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Simple and Scalable route planning software that saves you time

Reviewed on 2020/11/04

Simple to setup, simple to use. Fun and informative with the facts about bees (lots of apps miss this 'pleasure' aspect). Can highly recommend Routific for route planning for any size business.

Pros

Routific is really easy to use, especially when uploading addresses via csv. We went for a 'simple' integration approach of exporting orders from our website into csv and importing them into routific. Only brand new addresses (that aren't even on google maps yet) had a bit of difficulty - but for context, it's about 10 in every 2000 deliveries we made where we had to manually adjust those addresses.

Overall, super pleasant app!

Cons

Main missing feature would be the ability to have multiple users without needing to share a single login. And then the other feature that would be nice would be the ability to 'drop' addresses onto the map without having to rely on the address search function.

Joel S.
  • Industry: Farming

Route

Reviewed on 2020/11/13

I am a tech learner and the software is very user friendly and the tech support iS very helpful. I would have a hard time with out tech support

Pros

It is still amazing to me that there exists routing software. I could not do what we do with out it. The dispatch window is very user friendly

Cons

I use Barn2Door for my online store selling our vegetables with pickup locations, home deliveries and restaurant deliveries. I would like to see more merging of the software so everything is internal and automatic. That said its not too hard once you learn how to download a csv file and import it into the app

Peter L.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Cracks an impossible code on a daily basis - lightning fast

Reviewed on 2016/08/06

I own a document destruction business. Every day I put two drivers out into the field, each servicing between 15 and 20 clients a day. No two days are the same. And these stops are within 120 miles radius of my office. There is just no way to do this manually.

With Routific, I export a CSV file from my CRM of the day's work, upload it into Routific and within 2 minutes, the software plots the optimal solution for me.

Better yet, I can manually override the plot and then the software will optimize the route base upon my manual "tweaking."

The software also allows me to customize on a "per stop basis" the duration of each stop (they can range from 5 minutes to 4 hours), which truck services which client (the small truck in New York City, the big truck for larger jobs). Very handy.

Truly impressive optimization software.

Pros

Fast
Flexible
Easy to use UI
Powerful

Cons

The colors of the plots are hard to reach (colors are too similar).

Response from Routific

Thanks so much, Peter. Really glad we're able to help your business soar!

We're adjusting the color scheme in an upcoming release, so those pins will be more easily distinguishable. Cheers!

Adam S.
  • Industry: Food Production

Easy to use, good value for money, brilliant customer support

Reviewed on 2020/04/06

Really lovely people, great customer service. Good response times and always happy to help.

Pros

Really easy to use and my partner uses it mostly and she’s not the best with computers. Brilliant customer service.
Had an issue with the address not showing up properly when selecting lines 2 and 3 when inputting from excel, but was straight forward enough for me to figure out where I was going wrong.

Cons

Our driver says that following on a phone isn’t the easiest. He says that if he goes into a customer, when he comes out it automatically pings to the top of the list of deliveries.

Mia N.

Happy Client

Reviewed on 2020/09/13

It has been a wonderful experience and has helped save time and headaches during large delivery days.

Pros

I run a catering company where we do front door deliveries daily, sometimes with multiple drivers for up to 50 deliveries. I love that I can input all the addresses and drivers and it will divide the routes out to fit within our delivery window. A huge benefit for us has been the updates to our clients about their delivery along with the in route tracking of the drivers.

Cons

Sometimes we have a driver who finished one route and then switches over to another delivery. It tends to split the second delivery among all drivers and not the specific one. I may just not have learned how to deal with this feature yet as well.

Laurence D.

Friendly user

Reviewed on 2020/03/25

Really good. Best routing app so far

Pros

Easy to use even if you are not an IT. We use it 2 times a year for 2 big seasons of delivery.

Cons

Add drivers more easy and automatic. Call customer notice 15min in advance option.

Ray W.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Got Laundry? Logistical nightmare, no more!

Reviewed on 2016/10/18

Routific is magnificent! I had been spending time and money looking for a simple, easy to use and cost effective solution for our delivery business for nearly 7 years. Several months ago I found routific and all our needs have been met. User friendly! Precise, efficient, and cost effective. I would recommend routific for all small and medium size delivery fleet businesses.

Pros

User friendly, cost effective and simple to manipulate.

Cons

No GPS real time tracking. But it's said to be coming soon.

Tijj H.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Easy to use, great support

Reviewed on 2020/03/19

Great onboarding
Awesome support
Lots of developments

Cons

We having a returning business, which can be switched very easily. I would love to have feedback from routific when we should service which customer. Instead of "only" planning the customers I upload.

Tim D.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Great tool

Reviewed on 2017/08/09

Time saver.

Pros

Organization. It saves vehicles, projects, etc, so everything is easy to access and you can go back and edit them with changes. And the dispatching is great. Drivers love the ability to check off stops and write notes.

Cons

Balancing between vehicles can be tough when you want them to finish around the same time, but adjusting capacity helped that. Also couldn't adjust a project after it's date. So if you put the wrong date, that can cause an issue.

Carlo Q.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Perfect software for our business

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

Routific has helped us expand our business, take on more stockists and deal with an ever growing delivery schedule.

Pros

Very easy to use and intuitive dashboard/reports.

Cons

Prioritising venues on a delivery run can be tedious as the only way to do this is to set delivery time boundaries. Could be easier to just allow a way to lock certain venues in place and then optimise routes around those.

Julian C.

Routific Review

Reviewed on 2020/04/25

very good, getting a hold of customer service sometimes takes to long.

Pros

optimizes the route which cut off 2 hours on our delivery time and we can see where the driver is.

Cons

before we print out the delivery report we have to cut the cells in excel out that we dont use. if before print it would give us the option which cells we want to be printed out

Will H.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Incredible intuitive. I routed 45 deliveries across 5 drivers in minutes. Customer support...

Reviewed on 2018/02/14

Pros

So, so easy to use. Import a spreadsheet, match the columns you need, and route away. It's also easy to drag and drop deliveries between drivers.

Cons

Barely any! I couldn't swap drivers and routes easily, but they sent me a workaround that worked great.

Vikram H.

Amazing, fast, easy and affordable!

Reviewed on 2016/06/06

I had a unconventional use for Routific where I needed to visit multiple destinations for a city-wide festival in which I had multiple volunteers go and visit various parts of the city throughout the day. Routific was the perfect solution that was very easy to use and to communicate with others their routes and what they needed to do. 100% will be using this again next year. I've used other online tools to route multiple destinations, but this is by far the best out there! You will not be disappointed.

Response from Routific

Thanks Vikram, we're happy we could help!

Janette W.

Reviewed on 2017/01/06

The software is very easy to use! I love that addresses are easily imported from excel. When contacting customer service today I was treated great and my concern was easily resolved. Thank you!

Pros

Easy to use. Can quickly import addresses from excel

Kyle B.

Great route scheduling tool!

Reviewed on 2016/10/25

It was a awesome tool. Worked great when addresses could be geolocated properly. They need the ability to drag a marker to a new location when geo addressing fails.

Response from Routific

Thanks Kyle! We've passed your comments onto our engineering team!

Jamie F.

Great For Small online Business that have a number of drivers

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

Pros

very easy to set up, upload bulk orders/deliveries and very quick to adjust the deliveries into a smooth route. I really like the live tracking, when customer call and ask when they will get there order I can easily check the system and give the customer a realistic time frame.

Cons

It would be great if you could have an admin app for phones. when customers call me about there order i have to always go to a PC login in open the program then fine the route etc. if it was an admin phone app that can see the live routes it would be very helpful for people on the go.

As a small/medium business who has just started online sales you have to subscribed to many applications. you need to pay for online store, integration apps (zapier), Mailchimp and now for delivery a routific. when you compare routific to the other apps on the chain i spend more money on it and get the lower level (less premium version) where on my other apps i pay less but i am on higher tiers.

Davonna L.

We love using this software! Great service!!!

Reviewed on 2017/07/07

Pros

The many things I love about this program include the fact that I am able to see approximately where my drivers are and know when they will make it to their next stop. I also love the signature capture feature included in the program. It helps me to prove who signed for the delivery. Being able to route many drivers at a time and not have them overlap is truly an asset. The customer service that this company provides is excellent! When I have an issue they are on it immediately. I love that my representative knows who I am and wants to deal with me. I would appreciate a photo capture feature enabled into the program to prove when something has to be left on a porch, but I feel it will be rolled out eventually.

Cons

I would say the only thing that I would like to change about this program is the cost. When I first started I felt the value for the money was great, but since the new features have been added I feel it is just a little out of the good value price range. I would like to have a flat fee to run unlimited vehicles, also.

Sean H.

Made Our Days Way Easier!

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

Fantastic! This was exactly what we had been looking for for months.

Pros

This software was a godsend. Since Covid, we have primarily been servicing our participants via delivery. For months we were trying to find an application that would be beneficial and save us valuable time and resources, so we can better serve our community. Fortunately, I received a delivery from another company that was utilizing Routific and they couldn't stop singing it's praises. We've been able to serve a greater number of people at a more efficient rate. The features have allowed for better and more in-depth services to be provided by our team. We love the fact that routes are saved and can be analyzed at a later date. And the real-time progress reports are extremely beneficial. Our drivers also appreciate the freedom to utilize any map system on the back-end. The editing tools were easily learned and applied. All in all, a great program.

Cons

The only issues we came across, were the occasions in which we had to stop what we were doing after the routes had been published and we're trying to dispatch the routes. It would intermittently ask for permissions that had already been given. Not always ideal, when we're rushing out the door. But again, this happens only once in awhile.

Simon M.

Delivering in times of Pandemic

Reviewed on 2020/04/17

Great, we've always done limited home delivery of our sourdough, but with the COVID19 lock down, demand for home delivery has sky-rocketed, and I needed a system that was quick to set up and would save me time overall.
I've been really happy with Routific, it was easy to create a CSV export from my ordering system that fed straight into the app.

Pros

Best features are the easy import from a CSV, and the fact that it remembers your data mapping for future imports. And the customer notification feature is great, it means I don't have to deal with calls.
Also, the predicted delivery times are incredibly accurate.

Cons

I haven't found a way to say deliver to location A before delivering to location B, say if we have to pick up stock from one supplier, before delivering to another customer. I can do it manually though.

Jen R.
  • Industry: Food Production

Game-changer for small scale food distribution and food relief org.

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

Brilliant. Love it. And...to top it off every bit of correspondence we've had with the Routific HQ has been fast, responsive and generous. Go team!

Pros

We love this software and are constantly discovering other capabilities that allow us to scale and manage constant changing variables (e.g. different drivers, destinations, loads, etc.). This software was a game changer for us in the Covid response. We were able to grow quickly - 6-fold in terms of capacity to distribute low cost/no cost food to four local suburbs.

Cons

It would be great to see this software integrated with the Open Food Network online platform. It could really catapult small-scale food producers, farmers and food hubs to aggregate, distribute and transport their produce and goods quickly and efficiently to markets and consumers.

In writing this...it was only that we had to do quite a bit of back end work on spreadsheets to make them integrate better with the Routific format.

Nat W.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Designed for API integration, Routific is highly usable and excels with its own UI

Reviewed on 2020/04/08

I started using Routific to build a direct to consumer same-day home delivery program of hard cider and beer. In less than three weeks, my team of four drivers has made over 1000 deliveries. Routific is central tool to managing this process. I demo'ed two other solutions before selecting Routific.

Pros

Extremely low learning curve. UI is simple to understand.
High quality and rapid response to help requests.
No unnecessary features.
Flexibility in how you use it. Does not push you into one style.
Useful for same-day delivery businesses, which are a big challenge.
Excellent trial offer to get you started.

Cons

Some of the UI elements are a bit buggy requiring careful clicking. (Route/stop timeline)
Some of the process UI is annoying, inefficient. (Unnecessary confirmation dialogs when selecting drivers.)