Emergency Reporting

Modular software for fire department management

Bo H.

Great Product with a Great Support Team

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Emergency Reporting has allowed the department to consolidate many different applications in to one easy to use system. There were a few struggles early on due to Emergency Reporting having some compatibility issues with a larger fire department, but the company's great support team immediately began correcting the issues. The reporting features of Emergency Reporting have allowed the department to track performance faster, more efficiently, and more easily.

Pros

Emergency Reporting is a robust system recording everything from incident, occupancy, inventory, and maintenance in a very easy to use application. The support staff for Emergency Reporting is incredible, and treats their customers like family.

Cons

Initially, the security settings for Emergency Reporting were not granular enough to be able to tailor different experiences for different user levels. This was very challenging for a larger, metropolitan department. However, the team at Emergency Reporting immediately began working to correct issues that our department was having.

Jim W.

User Friendly and Outstanding Customer Support

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

I regularly utilize ERS Support, especially when we were setting up our system. They were always responsive with chat, email, and phone support. I have attended 2 conferences (highly recommended for the new user) and can tell that each and every employee of ERS is very invested in seeing the end users succeed.

Pros

Several items stand out about ERS and their software. When we first started our subscription, the setup was very straight forward on the administrative end. There are many helpful articles and videos that ease the transition from whatever software package you may have used in the past. The software is intuitive for the casual user, with many modules featured that you would find elsewhere.

Cons

On the administrative end, I miss the ability to create my own reports and queries without converting data to excel (I had this feature previously). I also miss the Autotask feature (reports would run themselves daily/weekly/monthly, etc) that I had with my previous vendor.

Anthony L.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Best Reporting System ever!

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

The reporting section in ERS allows us to develop reports in seconds that used to take hours. ERS also integrates well with our Streetwise MDT system and this has reduced the time it takes to complete reports.

Pros

This is a comprehensive software system for a Fire or EMS service. This software has nearly 0 downtime reliability along with a modular system that allows you to use as much or as little as you need for your department.

Cons

We would like to be able to get some custom reports without having to ask for it to be developed as well as the expense involved.

Randy C.

Captain Randy Childress

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

I am very impressed with the response of the staff and support. The suggest a feature is actually utilized and implemented. Also there is follow through on the reports that I would told would be coming (State Training Export Reports)

Pros

The best part of this software is the ease of use. Our previous program required a strong understanding of databases. Emergency Reporting has the ability for all fire department users understand and use 100 percent of the system without special education. It allows firefighters and officers to spend their time being firefighters and officers not learning database logic. At the same time Emergency Reporting offers great statistics and reports that are not offered in other programs.

In short we utilized a competitor for the past 18 years. Switching to Emergency Reporting is the best decision my department has made in the past 10 years.

Cons

The system lacks some customization but makes up for it in the ease of use. Also more options to do bulk assignments or bulk operations would help with uploads.

Gloria S.

Fire Package Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

It is a great software to keep up with everything, uniforms, apparatus, employees, daily logs. I've been to at least 2 seminars and it was a great experience. Customer service is great!!!

Pros

It is very user friendly and easy to manage.

Cons

I have nothing, like I said it is a great software!

Cary W.

One Year In

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Everything has been great.

Pros

Ease of use - everything works. Firefighters were able to learn very quickly.

Cons

No Customizable reports. Cost of having a report built is extremely restrictive. Also have not been able to get the CAD issue fixed-likely our issue.

Greg N.

Great RMS

Very pleased with FR.

Pros

It is very easy to use. I like to feature that I can send a report back to my people if there is something wrong. This helps with training new firefighter in report writing.

Cons

finding the right report I want to create.

Brad B.

Decent

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Pros

Fairly easy to use and covers just about everything we need in the fire service.

Cons

Cost. Every module cost more, was told we would be able to create reports and there is an extra cost for that, still no iPad app.

William H.

Fire Package review

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

Overall my department has enjoyed being able to pull statistics any time they are needed from any location. The reports that are included make reporting to the district's board of directors easy and gives them an excellent picture of how we deliver services.

Pros

I like not having to host the program locally. While still adhering to industry standards for security and tracking the program can be accessed from anywhere you have an internet connection. This feature makes it especially powerful.

Cons

As with any software designed to be used by a multitude of agencies the ability to make minor changes to look and feel must go through the normal process of review and validation among all users. It would also be nice to put together some custom reports without going through the formal process.

Kevin H.

Rock Hill Fire-EMS

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

We switched from a different vendor when the lack of support became to much to deal with. My crews were able to learn the reporting software very quickly and loved the fact that you could move forward and backwards without losing data. We use many of the different feature at our fire dept. and it has helped the captains to be extremely efficient with their time. It doesn't take any time to put in an incident report and they're back with their crew in just a few minutes. We will be a long term customer of ER.

Pros

The ease of use was one of the biggest reasons we went with ER.

Cons

It's hard to say it's a con but the amount of reports that you can generate is tremendous, especially for admin when dealing with city government.

Doug F.

South Padre Island Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

Tracking performance measures is the most important. Secondly, use as a NFIRS platform is required. As a fire department, we are required to provide incident reports to the State of Texas. Emergency Reporting fills that requirement.

Pros

It is easy to use and compatible with most RMS/CAD systems. I wish I had more time to play with it. As it is, I have an officer assigned to being the SME on its use.

Cons

It will cost me $$$ each year to achieve a link with my current CAD. Since we are planning on replacing our CAD, It makes no sense to spend that money now.

Emergency Reporting Product Assessment

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Emergency Reporting assisted the department greatly with overall organization and communication. Remote access helps all personnel stay informed.

Pros

The ease of use with basic programs and the support access.

Cons

The shift module and not having reoccurring calendar items.

Bret C.

Excellent RMS for any department

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

With the data we have collected in our first year and a half, we stand to improve our ISO score due to ease of reporting our data and finding areas to improve.

Pros

Ease of use, low cost for features included, and impact on operation with the data collected.

Cons

As a volunteer district, we have formulated a way to track personnel hours in the system which is working for us, but I believe there could be a better way to do so.

Nancy S.

Emergency Reporting Softward

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

We switched from another fire service records management system. The transition was seamless. Support and training were excellent.

Pros

This software is an easy to use, comprehensive system for capturing and maintaining data for the fire service.

Cons

There are many canned reports to meet most needs, but the inability to create custom queries and reports is a drawback.

Kelsey J.

Not Simple To Use

Reviewed on 2019/04/11

Overall, our experience with ER was average, and could have been enhanced by not designing the system to be so complex. Sometimes, keeping something simple is the best route.

Pros

The software is designed to capture plenty of details which is very critical when collecting data for use in the fire service. Nothing was left out in the design of the system, and the reports that the system generates are required by our state property insurance association, which is an awesome feature.

Cons

We have been using Emergency Reporting alongside another software package for about 6 months, and we are preparing to stop using it due to the complexity of the interface. The interface requires too much clicking of the mouse and a lot of the windows shortcuts do not function within the web app. Too much clicking on a laptop or an on an iPad makes the user experience a lot more complicated than it should be.

Jeffery F.
  • Industry: Government Administration

We have just started using this product, so much is still new to us.

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Less paper work, ability to deliver an inspection on the fly.

Pros

Price and ease of use. As we move forward we will have a better understanding.

Cons

N/A at this time. Again, with time we may have something we do not like.

Steven R.

Excellent cloud based solution for fire service reporting.

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

Made an easy to use, cloud-based incident reporting solution a reality. Simple reporting and query building coupled with excellent software partners makes this an excellent fit for any fire department.

Pros

Emergency Reporting is extremely easy to use, intuitive and highly functional for our fire department. They are continuing to find quality business partners to enhance their software without losing sight of their core offering. The reporting is excellent and easy to use, and incorporates all the data sets we are looking for. We were previously with Fire House software, and we hated every aspect of that system. Emergency Reporting is a 1000% improvement!

Cons

The complexity of the NFIRS code is maddening, but that is not an issue with ER, that's an issue with our wonderful Federal government. A few times our incident reports have a "red" box indication incomplete data, and at times it is tough to figure out why. It could be more intuitive in the area by calling out the issue such as "your on-scene time is before your response time". When a box wont turn green it would nice to see a pop-up.

Blake R.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Great Company to Work With, Minor Flaws.

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Other than the problem listed in the cons, which I find to be a quite annoying, yet minor flaw, Emergency Reporting works well and is very versatile. It takes many different software applications and puts them into one easy to use website.

Pros

This software is some of the easiest to work with that my department has had. Everything is well organized and easy to teach to any newcomers. All it takes is one person who knows how to handle the software and then it can just spread from there. It has many functions other than just the reporting software as it will also track maintenance, training, certifications, inspections, and much more.

Cons

My biggest gripe about Emergency Reporting is that there isn't a section for vehicle information in the reporting section of it. This makes it extremely difficult when doing a report for a motor vehicle crash or fire where the information is necessary but you have to either make your own specific sections for it or just add it to the narrative. I would also like to see a mobile app developed for the reporting side as this would be better to use for departments such as mine that has iPads.

Todd R.

Fire Dept

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Pros

1. Support - I like that when I need help, ER staff gets back to me usually within 24 hours. They are available via chat, email, and phone. Support for the fire reporting system we used before would take 48-72 hours to get back with us and usually couldn't give the needed assistance.
2. Learning the system - there are many ways to learn the ER system. Using the support system, there are links to webinars and other training materials. ER staff is willing to take time to make sure that users learn how to maneuver in the system. Awesome!
3. Upgrades - the system is constantly being upgraded based on recommendations by the users to make it better. Entry and tracking of apparatus, staff, and equipment is made easier using the ER system.
4. Easy to use on a tablet allowing for reports to be entered while on emergency scenes and can access the system wherever we go.

Cons

pro/con - so many reports that finding the right one may take some time. need to learn how to make my own report(s) and have them specialized.

Samuel I.

Best Records Management System

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

I have been using software for about 8 years among several departments.

Pros

The ease of use makes this software the best that I have used. I have been in the fire service for 16 years.

Cons

A couple of the modules need to be worked on but, they are always attempting to make the software work better for all the users.

Greg F.

Reporting Made Easy!

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Our overall experience with emergency reporting has been nothing but good. This software is so much better than other reporting software we have tried in the past.

Pros

This software integrates with our other software and systems and has decreased our time required for completing reports by half or less. I cannot say enough about how much this software has helped with our reporting.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any cons at all but I am required to say something so I guess it would be that fact that the software is not free.

David C.

Super User Friendly

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Emergency Reporting has been a great reporting software.

Pros

Emergency Reporting is very user friendly. Built in query reports are a great tool, creating year end, ISO, and other general reports (i.e. training, call volume) a breeze.

Cons

Some add-on's didn't work well for our purposes. There does seem to be occasional glitches, but are mitigated quickly by Emergency Reporting. At this time, ER does not have EMS set up with the State of Missouri.

Kevin L.

Farmersville Fire Department

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

I really like the way it ties TEXFIRS and NFIRS reports together instead of having to send reports to each entity.

Pros

Its a lot easier to run reports, It helps in sending reports to the City.

Cons

Needs more categories geared towards all volunteer departments or Combination Departments

Ann H.

I love it and it's way better than FireHouse!

Reviewed on 2015/10/26

This is everything FireHouse is not! This software is free from our state and I tried it because I was completely fed up with FH. SOOOOO GLAD I DID!!! The program is responsive, easy to use, clean looking, modern, I honestly can't say enough good things about it. The best part is when you call for customer support a real live person answers the phone!

Response from Emergency Reporting

Chief, thank you so much for your kind review. We appreciate your time in writing your thoughts on our system down!

Sydney from Emergency Reporting

Christopher H.

Good not great

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Overall, ok. I will start looking soon for anything else on the market that could be better.

Pros

Ease of use for most things, this program lacks so much though! Where is the ability to create reports? where is the ability to track inventory in the inventory slot, why doe most of that have to be done in maintenance?

Cons

No training, seems like an unfinished product. Why do different part look and interact differently? Because some parts are updated and work and others don't?