Emergency Reporting Fire Package Reviews

Emergency Reporting Fire Package

Modular software for fire department management

4.5/5 (38 reviews)

Excellent cloud based solution for fire service reporting.

Reviewed on 5/14/2018

Made an easy to use, cloud-based incident reporting solution a reality. Simple reporting and query building coupled with excellent software partners makes this an excellent fit for any fire department.

Pros

Emergency Reporting is extremely easy to use, intuitive and highly functional for our fire department. They are continuing to find quality business partners to enhance their software without losing sight of their core offering. The reporting is excellent and easy to use, and incorporates all the data sets we are looking for. We were previously with Fire House software, and we hated every aspect of that system. Emergency Reporting is a 1000% improvement!

Cons

The complexity of the NFIRS code is maddening, but that is not an issue with ER, that's an issue with our wonderful Federal government. A few times our incident reports have a "red" box indication incomplete data, and at times it is tough to figure out why. It could be more intuitive in the area by calling out the issue such as "your on-scene time is before your response time". When a box wont turn green it would nice to see a pop-up.

Great Company to Work With, Minor Flaws.

Reviewed on 11/30/2018

Other than the problem listed in the cons, which I find to be a quite annoying, yet minor flaw, Emergency Reporting works well and is very versatile. It takes many different software applications and puts them into one easy to use website.

Pros

This software is some of the easiest to work with that my department has had. Everything is well organized and easy to teach to any newcomers. All it takes is one person who knows how to handle the software and then it can just spread from there. It has many functions other than just the reporting software as it will also track maintenance, training, certifications, inspections, and much more.

Cons

My biggest gripe about Emergency Reporting is that there isn't a section for vehicle information in the reporting section of it. This makes it extremely difficult when doing a report for a motor vehicle crash or fire where the information is necessary but you have to either make your own specific sections for it or just add it to the narrative. I would also like to see a mobile app developed for the reporting side as this would be better to use for departments such as mine that has iPads.

Fire Dept

Reviewed on 11/29/2018

Pros

1. Support - I like that when I need help, ER staff gets back to me usually within 24 hours. They are available via chat, email, and phone. Support for the fire reporting system we used before would take 48-72 hours to get back with us and usually couldn't give the needed assistance.
2. Learning the system - there are many ways to learn the ER system. Using the support system, there are links to webinars and other training materials. ER staff is willing to take time to make sure that users learn how to maneuver in the system. Awesome!
3. Upgrades - the system is constantly being upgraded based on recommendations by the users to make it better. Entry and tracking of apparatus, staff, and equipment is made easier using the ER system.
4. Easy to use on a tablet allowing for reports to be entered while on emergency scenes and can access the system wherever we go.

Cons

pro/con - so many reports that finding the right one may take some time. need to learn how to make my own report(s) and have them specialized.

So much easier than the way we use to do it.

Reviewed on 11/29/2018

We have had zero problems with the actual program. We have not done the training we should have on it at times and have had to figure out a few things on our own, but that is not because the training isn't available. Overall we are extremely happy with the product and service we have been provided. It makes us a much more effective department. Our insurance agents love us because of the speed of the reports and all the information they contain. Being able to send them a link to the report lets them print off the pictures full size in color versus us printing them off with our old black and white printer with 8 on one page. They love it!

Pros

The ease of use is top priority for our department. We used paper TEXFIRS previously, years ago, and have loved using Emergency Reporting for the past number of years. The entry portion is a little more involved than the paper was, but it is not burdensome once you do a few. The fact that we can store and retrieve so much information and files about a call is pretty amazing. Finding calls no longer involves boxes of paper, only a few strokes on the keyboard.

Cons

The technology is getting there. Mobile usability is getting better, but last I checked, you still cannot upload files from a tablet or phone. That would be a really great addition.

Great Product with a Great Support Team

Reviewed on 11/30/2018

Emergency Reporting has allowed the department to consolidate many different applications in to one easy to use system. There were a few struggles early on due to Emergency Reporting having some compatibility issues with a larger fire department, but the company's great support team immediately began correcting the issues. The reporting features of Emergency Reporting have allowed the department to track performance faster, more efficiently, and more easily.

Pros

Emergency Reporting is a robust system recording everything from incident, occupancy, inventory, and maintenance in a very easy to use application. The support staff for Emergency Reporting is incredible, and treats their customers like family.

Cons

Initially, the security settings for Emergency Reporting were not granular enough to be able to tailor different experiences for different user levels. This was very challenging for a larger, metropolitan department. However, the team at Emergency Reporting immediately began working to correct issues that our department was having.

User Friendly and Outstanding Customer Support

Reviewed on 11/30/2018

I regularly utilize ERS Support, especially when we were setting up our system. They were always responsive with chat, email, and phone support. I have attended 2 conferences (highly recommended for the new user) and can tell that each and every employee of ERS is very invested in seeing the end users succeed.

Pros

Several items stand out about ERS and their software. When we first started our subscription, the setup was very straight forward on the administrative end. There are many helpful articles and videos that ease the transition from whatever software package you may have used in the past. The software is intuitive for the casual user, with many modules featured that you would find elsewhere.

Cons

On the administrative end, I miss the ability to create my own reports and queries without converting data to excel (I had this feature previously). I also miss the Autotask feature (reports would run themselves daily/weekly/monthly, etc) that I had with my previous vendor.

Fire Package review

Reviewed on 12/7/2018

Overall my department has enjoyed being able to pull statistics any time they are needed from any location. The reports that are included make reporting to the district's board of directors easy and gives them an excellent picture of how we deliver services.

Pros

I like not having to host the program locally. While still adhering to industry standards for security and tracking the program can be accessed from anywhere you have an internet connection. This feature makes it especially powerful.

Cons

As with any software designed to be used by a multitude of agencies the ability to make minor changes to look and feel must go through the normal process of review and validation among all users. It would also be nice to put together some custom reports without going through the formal process.

Rural EMS

Reviewed on 11/30/2018

ERS generates statistics and reports that are complete and easy to follow, when the Hospital Board askes for information, I print out the relevent report and submit it, it's just that easy.

Pros

Emergency Reporting is the one program that does it all for us. We are a small rural hospital based EMS agency, our dispatch center is 60 miles away. We cover close to 1000 square miles of ocean front, back country, logging sites, rivers and communities. Emergency Reporting has us on our way, tracks our vehicle usage, and the EMS packet tracks calls, procedures, meds, mileage you name it, not to mention a comprehensice EPCR.

Cons

The date format is different on different pages, some you must put in the /, others its automatic.

Rock Hill Fire-EMS

Reviewed on 11/29/2018

We switched from a different vendor when the lack of support became to much to deal with. My crews were able to learn the reporting software very quickly and loved the fact that you could move forward and backwards without losing data. We use many of the different feature at our fire dept. and it has helped the captains to be extremely efficient with their time. It doesn't take any time to put in an incident report and they're back with their crew in just a few minutes. We will be a long term customer of ER.

Pros

The ease of use was one of the biggest reasons we went with ER.

Cons

It's hard to say it's a con but the amount of reports that you can generate is tremendous, especially for admin when dealing with city government.

This is a great product and the customer service is amazing!

Reviewed on 11/30/2018

The customer service provided by Emergency Reporting and their entire team is AMAZING, and probably the best that I have ever experienced from a company. No matter how I contact them (call, email, or the live chat feature on the Support page) their qualified staff is always friendly, patient, and eager to help. Additionally, their responses and updates to my questions have always been prompt and consistent. Thank you ER Support Team. You are Awesome!

Pros

Emergency Reporting offers our fire department a user-friendly, functional, and flexible platform. Also, the customer service is outstanding.

Cons

I don't have any dislikes about the software.

Best Reporting System ever!

Reviewed on 11/29/2018

The reporting section in ERS allows us to develop reports in seconds that used to take hours. ERS also integrates well with our Streetwise MDT system and this has reduced the time it takes to complete reports.

Pros

This is a comprehensive software system for a Fire or EMS service. This software has nearly 0 downtime reliability along with a modular system that allows you to use as much or as little as you need for your department.

Cons

We would like to be able to get some custom reports without having to ask for it to be developed as well as the expense involved.

South Padre Island Review

Reviewed on 12/3/2018

Tracking performance measures is the most important. Secondly, use as a NFIRS platform is required. As a fire department, we are required to provide incident reports to the State of Texas. Emergency Reporting fills that requirement.

Pros

It is easy to use and compatible with most RMS/CAD systems. I wish I had more time to play with it. As it is, I have an officer assigned to being the SME on its use.

Cons

It will cost me $$$ each year to achieve a link with my current CAD. Since we are planning on replacing our CAD, It makes no sense to spend that money now.

Great Assett

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

Data and analytics are much easier than our previous program.

Pros

Ease of transfer of data. Easy to operate and access from anywhere. Data repository is awesome backing up any data put into the library. Support is excellent and very responsive.

Cons

Custom reports are customer driven. It usually takes several customers to suggest custom reports before they are built. But this usually does not take long.

Captain Randy Childress

Reviewed on 11/30/2018

I am very impressed with the response of the staff and support. The suggest a feature is actually utilized and implemented. Also there is follow through on the reports that I would told would be coming (State Training Export Reports)

Pros

The best part of this software is the ease of use. Our previous program required a strong understanding of databases. Emergency Reporting has the ability for all fire department users understand and use 100 percent of the system without special education. It allows firefighters and officers to spend their time being firefighters and officers not learning database logic. At the same time Emergency Reporting offers great statistics and reports that are not offered in other programs.

In short we utilized a competitor for the past 18 years. Switching to Emergency Reporting is the best decision my department has made in the past 10 years.

Cons

The system lacks some customization but makes up for it in the ease of use. Also more options to do bulk assignments or bulk operations would help with uploads.

Super User Friendly

Reviewed on 12/6/2018

Emergency Reporting has been a great reporting software.

Pros

Emergency Reporting is very user friendly. Built in query reports are a great tool, creating year end, ISO, and other general reports (i.e. training, call volume) a breeze.

Cons

Some add-on's didn't work well for our purposes. There does seem to be occasional glitches, but are mitigated quickly by Emergency Reporting. At this time, ER does not have EMS set up with the State of Missouri.

7.0/10

Maury County Fire Department

Reviewed on 11/30/2018

Pros

ERS is easy to set-up and use. The ability to use it anywhere there is an internet connection makes it easy for our personnel to access and enter information.

Cons

ERS does not have too many cons. I would like to be able to move info easier to our website.

Versitile

Reviewed on 12/4/2018

In most every case, they are able to solve the issues that I have and be able to give me the information that I need. The reports that I am able to run are generally spot on

Pros

It gives one area for a majority of the information that we have

Cons

It does take some time for new ideas to be implemented

Fire Package Review

Reviewed on 11/29/2018

It is a great software to keep up with everything, uniforms, apparatus, employees, daily logs. I've been to at least 2 seminars and it was a great experience. Customer service is great!!!

Pros

It is very user friendly and easy to manage.

Cons

I have nothing, like I said it is a great software!

review

Reviewed on 11/29/2018

Pros

Overall, it is very easy to use. NFIRS reporting is streamlined and quick. Occupancy module is thorough in information about an occupancy.

Cons

NFIRS incidents are not automatically assigned to a user (who would be responsible for completing the cal).
If I change any personnel to Inactive status (due to retirement or leaving our FD), they are removed from all historical calls that they were on.

Emergency Reporting Product Assessment

Reviewed on 11/30/2018

Emergency Reporting assisted the department greatly with overall organization and communication. Remote access helps all personnel stay informed.

Pros

The ease of use with basic programs and the support access.

Cons

The shift module and not having reoccurring calendar items.

Excellent RMS for any department

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

With the data we have collected in our first year and a half, we stand to improve our ISO score due to ease of reporting our data and finding areas to improve.

Pros

Ease of use, low cost for features included, and impact on operation with the data collected.

Cons

As a volunteer district, we have formulated a way to track personnel hours in the system which is working for us, but I believe there could be a better way to do so.

Great Software

Reviewed on 11/29/2018

Pros

How easy it is to use and the different types of reports I can run.

Cons

I wish on the section where you can generate questions for your staff to answer. It would give you the option to select more than answer. Example being if it asked were power tools used I can only select one tool or the “All of the above”. When sometimes we might just to check off 2 or 3 tools.

Emergency Reporting Softward

Reviewed on 11/30/2018

We switched from another fire service records management system. The transition was seamless. Support and training were excellent.

Pros

This software is an easy to use, comprehensive system for capturing and maintaining data for the fire service.

Cons

There are many canned reports to meet most needs, but the inability to create custom queries and reports is a drawback.

Great RMS for Fire Department

Reviewed on 4/3/2019

Pros

Easy to use, Cost , no limit on users and no limit on users logged in.

Cons

Limited user defined reports. Although this is supposed to be coming in the near future.

Farmersville Fire Department

Reviewed on 11/29/2018

I really like the way it ties TEXFIRS and NFIRS reports together instead of having to send reports to each entity.

Pros

Its a lot easier to run reports, It helps in sending reports to the City.

Cons

Needs more categories geared towards all volunteer departments or Combination Departments