CentralReach

4,4 (103)
Practice management & EHR for therapists and educators

Central Reach as a Behavioral Therapist

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

This is very handy and convenient. I dont have to worry about much other than focusing on my client and running trials. It can take a while to get use to. There is a ticket section to get assistance from the IT team for Central Reach but it takes a while to get a response to your ticket. Most thing HR could help me with. It also took a lot longer to get the flow of the trials without paper. You can only see 2-3 trials on the screen at once, so there is a lot of scrolling if your client has many trials. During this time of trying to find the trial you are working on, your client has now eloped. It's a balancing act, but it should only take a few weeks to find your groove.

Pros

Auto charting
No need to calculate
Easy access from your phone or computer
Auto time tracking
Option to specify what method was used during that specific trial (ie. errorless correction)
Live sessions can be viewed by multiple people at the same time whether in session with you or not.

Cons

Glitches a lot
When using the app on the phone I would try to scroll through the screen info or stat sheet and instead of scrolling it would initiate a page reload. This would wipe out all notes I had entered on my end session form.

CentralReach For ABA Data Collection and Storage

Reviewed on 2021/02/17

I am able to record and store all my clients data easily in one safe place.

Pros

I like how CentralReach systematically prompt fades as the client got closer to acheiving our behavioral targets. It was relatively simple to use and I use it for 7 hours each day so that's a huge help!

Cons

Although I know that it's imperative for the system to log out after a period of pause for HIPPA reasons, however, I wish the system let you stay logged on for a bit longer since I would constantly have to re-log back in during the time I was administering DTTs.

Perle T.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Do not use for ABA data collection purposes

Reviewed on 2021/11/17

The technical difficulties combined with the very complicated user experience make this a platform I discourage ABA providers from using.

Pros

The calendar views, authorization management and utilization are great to use.

Cons

The process to setting up data collection for ABA providers requires a huge amount of response effort compared to other platforms like Catalyst. The procedures are so disjointed between the overall data book, the goals, importing curriculums, I work twice as hard to include relevant info. In order to be compatible with their reporting system, you have to place information at goal levels that should be at target level or enter it twice if you wish to access it logically for data analysis.

The graph view does not allow for trends across anything but an entire time period (does not adjust per month or 3 month period for example), if you switch data to per week or month, goal and phase change lines disappear. You cannot view an average of data. The reports generated looked very unprofessional and you cannot alter graphs to different views unless you manually delete them and re-import. The list goes on.

The CONSTANT tech issues lead to problems with session timers, saving data, trouble with rates that took months to resolve, and often a complete inability to access any necessary parts of the platform during business hours. At least 1 time per week there are issues, sometimes more. Our clients and staff pay the price for this.

Veronica C.

Central Reach vs Kareo

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

Pros

I like how user friendly this software is. I am able to track cancellations, authorizations, and the amount of remaining hours we have left on an auth very easily.

Cons

The meta data does not always pull into a report.

Amarilys M.

Learning curve required but excellent product

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

Central Reach customer service team is great! They respond within 24 hours and always have great recommendations.

Pros

Once the system is set up as desired, it makes data collection and admin duties flawless.

Cons

It does take about a month give or take to go through the training and set the system as you desire.

NPAWorks

Reasons for Switching to CentralReach

As a small business owner, I preferred to pay one price per user as opposed to per client. They offered incredible features like having a comprehensive calendar/appointment set up, timesheets, billing and great support.
Nestor r. M.

CentralReach Review

Reviewed on 2020/12/09

Pros

Easy to use after learning curve and practice by those experienced in Software who have provided tutoring.

Cons

A section needs to be add regarding family's participation since the current menu only includes patients due to some of these sessions being Parenting and Mentoring ones as well as for Termination Reports.

All encompassing program

Reviewed on 2020/12/14

I am a CR fan. I've appreciated the many details in the program along with the accessibility to their internal experts to offer help when needed. They are patient and responsive and ease the frustration of the learning curve to get this up and running. It's a quality product and has been very reliable.

Pros

CR knows ABA and that is evident in how the data collection works. It sorts, collects, reports, and stores all the important information all in one place. It is comprehensive and as detailed as you want it to be with the ability to select any level of permissions for each employee. It graphs beautifully and offers labels and other ways to customize every module. Our schedule is seen in CR, our payroll runs from the timesheets, the billing module fills out the form with the ability to upgrade to electronic billing from their site. Links are created for intake of clients and employees.
There is a small business team who has been very responsive and happy to help as we grew into this program. They are also evolving and making it easier to learn as they offer more help classes, webinars and online resources.

Cons

The main negative is the price. As our company has grown so has our monthly bill limiting the amount of upgrades we can afford to use. Inquiries about cost and price of these upgrades have also been hard to come by as the sales team isn't as responsive as the customer service team.
One thing I would request to change is to allow a pro-ration cost of the monthly use. I have to cut off providers who are leaving on a certain day and may miss out on a week of services because I'm being charged for an entire month subscription only being used for a day or two. (I also would not recommend the company who handles collection of the monthly fees. Their website is not user friendly and primitive)
The last negative is that we're invested now. It would be overwhelming to even think about switching to another data company even if we wanted to. I'm happy I don't want to, but feel we're at the point of no return and know the price will just continue to climb as we add providers into the system.

Excellent, allows my practice management in mental health, and physical therapy and speech.

Reviewed on 2018/04/07

The benefits are multiple, CentralReach is the leading provider of records management software and electronic health practices for clinics focused on the analysis of applied behavior (ABA) and CentralReach, the leading provider of electronic health record and practice management software for clinics focused on applied behavior analysis (ABA) and speech therapy.

Pros

I like most is that this cloud-based system complies with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Likewise, it is very favorable that CentralReach includes applications for billing, programming, image file systems, human resources and more. Its functionalities include a database of medicines, ICD-10 coding tools and reference letters. Also that the native application of CetralReach is available for iOS and Android platforms.

Cons

I like least is that some more professionals spend more time on administrative work than working with clients. I consider it a company in the process of maturation.

April J.

Central Reach

Reviewed on 2021/03/04

I enjoyed central reach especially when you understand how to utilize it a manipulate it to visually show what you need it to. It is a very functional software but it was a longer process to complete some things.

Pros

I like the collapsible “trees” and how you can organize programming. I also like the graphing capabilities.

Cons

I didn’t like the tedious billing process when billing insurance.

Tiffany m. G.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

CentralReach is innovative with its layout compared to comparable software.

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pros

I liked the flexibility of the timesheets and how easy it was to input times, notes, and details regarding my ABA visits. It was very helpful to have each time block labeled and I could put my clients information (case numbers, Medicaid numbers, etc.) with the time block I used.

Cons

I wish the layout was a little larger. Sometimes when I was in a rush I would make an error thinking I clicked a certain time or client but it wasn't the right one.

Jennifer H.

CentralReach

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

Overall my experience has been pretty good with CentralReach but I have had some hiccups that have a driven me crazy.

Pros

I like how easy it is to take data on each client and how easy it is to add a new goal. I feel like all school systems should use a program like this to have their special education teachers take data and allow the para professionals that are in those special education classrooms to take data easier and more streamlined I feel like all school systems should use a program like this to have their special education teachers take data and allow the paraprofessionals that are in those special education classrooms to take data easier and more streamlined.

Cons

when running a therapy session with my client in Home I use my cell phone to login via the Internet and I have to keep logging in several times over the course of the therapy session that last for several hours and feels like the software runs really slow and doesn’t always add my data. I recently had to log out and log back in several times for it to even begin to register that I was trying to take data and the session wouldn’t load properly. Seems like there are a lot of online app technical difficulties while using the program on the Internet via a Mobile device. I have also had issues with the program being able to load my session notes section properly on Saturdays. Very frustrating that on Firefox on a Mac session notes works most of the time but on a PC trying to Do session notes there’s a lot of difficulty with drop-down boxes not being activated when I know they should be and this happens frequently on a Saturday.

Josiah W.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Features and Functions

Reviewed on 2019/11/07

It is great to be able to connect and view other employee schedules, as well as client information that is pertinent to my job requirements. I love being able to schedule and adjust appointments for clients as well as being able to update programs and target goals for a client so that my team can know what we need to work on and focus on while they are with a client.

Pros

There are a lot of available features to Central Reach, some of which I have tried using and they are for the most part straightforward and easy to figure out. Within my company, we seem to use a smaller subset of the available features that Central Reach offers, though these are the bulk of what we need and utilize within the ABA services of the company, such as the sessions, data collection, program books, and graphs of the data collected during sessions.

Cons

There seem to be a number of functions that aren't accessible to everyone, which is fine as I may not need to utilize it for my own job. I would like to have the opportunity to play around with some of the functions for instance in the reporting tab to see some of the charts and graphs in there and to see how they could relate to my own job areas. I do realize though that this would be something my company may need to provide access to.

Abigail K.

The ideal solution for ABA providers

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

I’m constantly impressed with Central Reach’s comprehensiveness, incredible customer services, and constant development. We’ve been using them since they first arrived on the ABA business management scene and it’s been incredible to watch the thoughtfulness in which they’ve grown and developed into a system that can handle HR, Scheduling, Billing, Data Collection, Client management, File Management, and Analytics, and have ambitious plans to also tackle needs with curriculum and more. They really are the one stop shop for the core business needs of an ABA practice.

Pros

I love that Central Reach has an emphasis on ABA providers and is constantly updating and developing to find technology solutions to a whole wide range of challenges as they arise in our industry.

Cons

The product is extremely comprehensive, and with that comes complexities. We learn something new about it every week, and we’ve been using it for years.

Angie F.

Customer Satisfaction

Reviewed on 2020/12/14

Great customer service to help with the above!

Pros

I love the all in one feature. It is a one stop shop for our company with information at your finger tips no matter where we are at. The analytics truly help me analyze and run my business from the finance end. Data collection for clinical is easy and the outputs are appropriate for our field of ABA.

Cons

Getting to know the various uses of it and how to get it set up best to utilize it to its potential.

Benita A.

OPINION ON CR

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

Pros

I've been working with CentralReach for the past 9 yrs it's the one thing I recommend to all new billing companies and providers looking for a billing plateform. It has everything I need to get my job done. The only thing I would seriously look at as how it's set up to generate secondary claims. This is the one big issue I have with CentralReach, and I have several clients that have a primary and secondary insurance and this part of CentralReach has made my life very difficult! Otherwise I love it! thank you!

Cons

generating secondary claims, this needs to be changed (remove the # of times a payment can be posted from the first) sometimes the claim can be denied for whatever reason but a $0 payment needs to be posted anyway.

Ashley A.

Central Reach Review

Reviewed on 2019/11/04

I am in the Human Resources department and use CR for onboarding employees and maintaining employee files. I also help connect employees and clients within the company and help assign service codes. It works well for everything I need to complete for my tasks.

Pros

It is very easy to use and great for ABA companies. We used it at my last employer and we use it at my current employer. I am still learning new functions within Central Reach. Maintaining employee documents is easy due to the document management report.

Cons

I wish there was an easier way to delete documents that are uploaded by accident and locked. Being HR, it can create issues when documents are locked and need to be renamed.

Sara M.

CR Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Our cash flow seems to have improved since we have been using Central Reach. Staff seems to be happy that they don't have to sign into multiple platforms.

Pros

I like how most processes that we need are all in one place.

Cons

Reports should be a built in cost and not extra for the advanced reports. When we first looked at the advanced report option for a week we thought they were not as powerful or useful as they should be.

The scheduling could really use some improvement. I believe this is being worked on however. If it is, I would be happy to help in beta testing.

Not allowing a group appointment for things like Company Wide meetings. Currently you have to go into each staffs calendar and ad them separately.

It would be nice to have some basic options such as turning off "generics" from showing in drop down lists of people.

Reoccurring tasks and being able to sign a task to multiple people at one time.

Accommodate for various travel time and mileage reimbursement scenarios regarding scheduling.

Tyana V.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Only data collection system I would recommend

Reviewed on 2019/11/01

Pros

Everything is right in front of you. If the item you need is not in front of you, it is very easy to find within the website.

Cons

I have not noticed any cons yet. The past 3 years using this have been a delight compared to other data collection systems.

Alissa S.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Central reach for an ABA company

Reviewed on 2020/08/06

I love being able to have my schedule and sessions notes in one place. Our company is able to calculate hours worked through this site.

Pros

Have all staff and client schedules through computer. Session notes can be done through this software and sent to insurance companies. There are a lot of tutorials for this software.

Cons

They conduct a lot of maintenance and updates. Sometimes the site is down or not able to be accessed. When things are updated and changed, it takes a while for everyone to learn and get used to. Very confusing at first, but now that I am used to it, I love it.

Angel D.

CentralReach Review

Reviewed on 2019/11/07

CentralReach was required by my company. Once I got the hang of it, I now prefer it for its consistency and legibility. I believe I am only aware of a fraction of what the software has to offer. Sending out emails with random facts of what it provides maybe monthly could be beneficial.

Pros

CentralReach is easy to navigate once you learn the basic components/strategies. It is constantly coming out with new features and trainings to ensure smooth usage.

Cons

When the software is down or slowed, which is fairly often, it does not notify you with an alert stating “technical difficulties” or something of that nature so that you are aware it’s a universal glitch compared to personal complications (e.g, WiFi connection, etc.) Additionally, when you submit support tickets, sometimes there is no follow up.

Sage S.

Gets Job Done but Could be More User Friendly

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

I use Central Reach every day as an RBT to gather data on my clients and help them reach their behavioral goals. I like the data-gathering interface because it allows me to quickly put in data so I can stay in the moment with my kiddo.

Pros

I like that is has everything I need for work all on one platform. I can see my notes, schedule, gather data, etc all on Central Reach. I like the data taking platform and its ease of use (I wish I could rearrange items on my end though). I also use the app for its offline data collection feature which is quite handy.

Cons

I do not like how many hoops I have to jump through to get to the feature I want. For example, finding my total authorized billable hours for the month is a several step process my company actually had to make a tutorial for us to be able to do it. I would also enjoy a "read all" feature for clinical notes/better way to organize them. The calendar could be improved as well, I like seeing the whole month but the size of appointments makes it unreadable.

Jessica N.

Multi-state ABA Practice - 5 STARS!

Reviewed on 2017/03/09

Central Reach can manage scheduling, reporting functions, reporting functions and most importantly, billing. Their staff is passionate, knowledgeable and truly cares about their customers success. If one person does not have an answer, they will utilize their resources to find you the answer. The filtering options in their many screens is a great functionality that can help an organization get down to the nitty gritty of what is occurring. The reports that you are able to run are user friendly and top notch. The support team have been phenomenal in helping us get up to speed on new features, answers our questions promptly and is willing to go above and beyond with our requests. I highly recommend Central Reach to any and every ABA practice.

Pros

Reports function, filter functions, claims manager software, dashboard for tasks.

Cons

N/A

Hillary P.

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

Pros

How it can be customized to meet individual needs

Cons

Big learning curve in creating templates and programs

Total ABA

Reasons for Switching to CentralReach

It was the one I was most familiar with
Soquel V.
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great features and interface design!

Reviewed on 2019/11/07

I would recommend CentralReach because it has so many features; everything is in one place. Things are laid out nicely and it's easy to navigate.

Pros

I love this software! It has so many features/options! It is easy to navigate and has a great user interface. I like that you can search within each module and I love that the Help section's different guides are very comprehensive as well.

Cons

Not knowing what some features are. A little "?" icon you could click to get a short description of the feature would be nice. For example, what is the "meta data field" I can add on my profile? What is a "task" exactly? What does it mean to add a task to my task list? Also searching within a module needs improvement. More personalization features would be cool but aren't necessary.

Maura W.

Central Reach is the best practice management software for the field of Applied Behavior...

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Our experience has been wonderful. We have been with CentralReach for over 5 years. I cannot imagine running our company without it. Over time, CentralReach has worked to improve and increase usability for BCBAs. Most of all, the customer service is wonderful.

Pros

This software allows connectivity between all aspects of the company. Claims, timesheets, data collection, authorization management, and billing are seamlessly connected for clients and staff.

Cons

The software is not easy to learn to use. This can be a barrier for new staff. Though the power of the software makes up for this and it is worth persevering to learn to use it.