Givebutter

Fundraising tools for groups, teams, companies & nonprofits

Kim B.

User-friendly and always evolving

Reviewed on 2021/02/25

It has been great. The customer service team is understanding and quick to respond. If there's something I ask for that isn't an option, they will add it to their list of requests and usually get to it in about 6 months or so depending on how popular of a request it is. I can't wait to see what they come out with next.

Pros

Love that it is easy to use for admins and donors. The Givebutter team is so open to feedback and makes frequent updates that help us fulfill our need better

Cons

They automatically add a 5% tip to every donation unless you opt to turn it off, in which case you would absorb the cost as an organization. It's definitely the more feasible choice to have it turned on, but beware if your donors don't notice it, they might come back to you very unhappy...

Response from Givebutter

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, Kim! And please keep your feedback coming. We love to turn requests into new features!

Your thoughts on the transparency of tips are appreciated! As always, the support team is available to collect feedback you have about the donor experience.

• Industry: Libraries
  • Used Other for 1+ year

GiveButter makes fundraising for non-profits easy and user-friendly

Reviewed on 2021/02/24

The group I am a part of doesn't have a lot of tech-savvy members. being able to use an intuitive platform like GiveButter makes it feasible and easy for us to fundraise at all types of events. QR codes, campaign URLs, and text-do-donate have all changed who we can reach and how.

Pros

GiveButter campaigns are so easy to set up; they let you duplicate a previous campaign and amend as necessary. It's intuitive and you can always view what your campaign looks like at any step of the way.

Cons

Some of the user interface seems busy and it's not always clear which areas of the page I should be giving attention to. But I do always figure it out in the end, and by looking at everything I find out more about GiveButter's functionality.

Response from Givebutter

Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review! We love hearing that your entire team finds Givebutter intuitive to use.

Our team is always here to guide you when you're unsure what to do next, and we love to collect feedback about the Givebutter interface. Chat with us anytime!

Kasi D.

Streamlined and Wonderful Peer-to-Peer Fundraising

Reviewed on 2021/02/26

We love using Givebutter. It is much more efficient than our previous peer-to-peer product and saves us time, energy, and resources that we are then able to allocate to other aspects of our fundraising efforts.

Pros

The integration with Bloomerang, our donor database, is the most helpful part of this product. In addition, it is easy to use both on the backend as an administrator and as a participant/user/donor. The website is clean, modern, and beautiful looking. We love the ease at which people can sign up and donate on Givebutter.

Cons

The fees can be a bit high, in comparison with sending donors directly to our website, however we have found that we are able to get more donors and a higher average donation through Givebutter, so the positives outweigh the negatives.

Response from Givebutter

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, Kasi!

We're thrilled that Givebutter complements working with Bloomerang so well for you, and that you're seeing higher than average donations. We look forward to supporting you for years to come!

Jyl D.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

A Dream Come True

Reviewed on 2021/02/26

Pros

The integration into our Bloomerang database has save us COUNTLESS hours of donation entry. I was thrilled to find it SO user friendly. It looks great. People love it. The customer service is EXCELLENT.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like about it!

Response from Givebutter

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, Jyl! We love reading that you're able to work with Bloomerang + Givebutter seamlessly.

We look forward to supporting the Cancer Resource Center of the Finger Lakes for years to come!

Terrance F.

Givebutter is the best.

Reviewed on 2021/02/24

Our virtual events are so much better with Givebutter!!

Pros

Givebutter has been been a game-changer for our virtual fundraising events. You can live stream, set up a campaign in minutes and the social proof feature makes it so fun to give. Their customer support is also excellent -- quick, friendly, and personable.

Cons

I do wish they integrated with the Kindful CRM but they integrate with other CRMs which is great. Fortunately, they made the data transfer process very easy.

Response from Givebutter

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, Terrance! We love reading that your virtual events are "butter" with us.

We do have an integration with Kindful logged as a feature request, and I'll subscribe you to updates!

Autumn M.

Great Customer service

Reviewed on 2020/04/20

The thing that impressed me the most was customer service. The day I set up my account, I recieved an email to set up a call with a customer service rep to make sure I knew how to use the platform. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], my customer service agent, was extremely helpful. I completely recommend GiveButter.

Pros

This platform is so much easier to use than other platforms my PTSA has tried. And the customer service was absolutely amazing.

Cons

There wasn't anything I didn't like. I'm completely happy.

Marie D.

A great platform for donor engagement

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Pros

I love that this software allows donors to interact with the fundraisers they're supporting. You can view donors' reasoning for donating to a cause and donors have the option of supporting a specific team member they might be connected to. Givebutter also has amazing customer service - if I ever reach out with a question, Max provides a quick and valuable response.

Cons

Honestly, I haven't identified something that I don't like about Givebutter's software. I'm happy that fundraisers' urls now reflect the name of the campaign rather than a random assortment of numbers and letters. That was a great change!

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great Platform!

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Givebutter allowed for me to raise money for my club to ensure than finances would not be a barrier for a student to play on a club team. We greatly appreciated the platform and recommend it to anyone looking to raise funds for a good cause!

Pros

I love how the platform is more interactive than a GoFundMe page. That and they take only a very small percentage of the proceeds, unlike the bigger pages. I also really like the Givebutter crew, they are easy to work with.

Cons

There were some issued when I was trying to transfer the money back to the cause. It was a bit confusing to figure out how to access the raised money. I did a fundraiser about 2 years ago though, so it might have improved since then.

• Industry: Events Services

Helps Everyone

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

Overall Givebutter has helped member of my college campus raise money for causes they are very passionate about.

Pros

Givebutter offers you a chance to fundraise for a good cause, rather than just from a business standpoint. I am a college student and have watched fraternities and sororities use it multiple times. A fraternity on campus was able to raise over $6,000 with the help of this software. It is more than just another app, it is life changing for many people! Please think about purchasing this app!

Cons

Unfortunately donations are tax deductible but most users will pay the difference in tax so that the organization can still raise the same.

Intuitive, user-friendly, budget-friendly choice

Reviewed on 2021/02/24

Pros

Givebutter's main draw as a nonprofit professional is that it offers online fundraising and virtual event tools that other platforms charge exorbitant prices for.

Cons

Certain product features are limited (i.e. inability to customize certain fields and forms)

Response from Givebutter

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! We love to hear that you're using Givebutter for both your virtual events and online fundraising efforts.

Our support team is always available to take feature requests; or feel free to leave them for our product team directly on our Community Feature Requests page.

Joshua V.
  • Industry: Events Services

Overall, very satisfied

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

I used Givebutter to start a campaign for my a cappella group and we raised over $1,000!! It was easy to use and people loved it! I will definitely use it again in the future!

Pros

It was easy to use and easy to get a link to provide to people to donate. Not too hard to navigate the site.

Cons

Only thing I wasn't a fan of were the emails. I received way too many.

Jerry M.

Amazing Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

I had an incredible experience with GiveButter! They had the absolute BEST customer service and helped my cause raise nearly $10,000 dollars.

Pros

I enjoyed the team functionality that allowed people to compete for donations

Cons

At the time of use it was fairly new so many of the features were being built or were not yet available.

Gidon A.

Givebutter is the best!

Reviewed on 2021/02/24

I have raised 1000s of dollars with Givebutter I simply would not have raised otherwise.

Pros

It is perfect for beginners and gets them up to speed as pros very quickly

Cons

nothing. They are very attentive and roll things out before I can even think of them

Response from Givebutter

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, Gidon!

We're excited to read about how much you've raised so far, and we look forward to supporting you for years to come!

Taylor L.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Givebutter Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

Benefits included easier to fundraise and I like see the top scorers and the total amount they raise.

Pros

I liked how it was easy to access and I was able to share it though social media which made fundraising easier for my organization.

Cons

There was nothing that I really didn't like about the software. I thought that it was very practical to use.

Give butter

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

They helped me out so much. We got really cool GiveButter items and we raised money.

Pros

It was early to use. We saw everything in real time.

Cons

Nothing. Overall anytime I had a problem it was fixed.

Elizabeth A.

Givebutter

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

Pros

The option to not include your information is nice!

Cons

It’s not very phone friendly, so I have to normally use my computer

Mary S.

Awesome giving platform

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

Customer service is excellent. Very easy to set up our campaigns and to push them out to our alumni via email, social media, and text.

Pros

I looked for months for a platform that would accept Venmo and Apple and Google Pay and integrate with our own database. GiveButter has it all! Affordable, easy to use for both the administrator and the user, and customizable.

Cons

There is nothing negative about GiveButter

Kira E.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

The best giving Platform

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

Pros

It was simple and user friendly. Not too complex and visually pleasing.

Cons

Some of the tabs were a little confusing but customer support was really helpful.

Susie L.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

First foray into online giving platform--so easy to use!

Reviewed on 2021/02/25

We are delighted that donors can cover the cost of fees if they decide too (and we can opt to ask them to or not). I am finding it super easy to use and if I have a question, I can get an answer pretty quickly!

Pros

GiveButter is straightforward and easy to use! It's also flexible in that you can start out using it for fee (aside from fees). I like that we can set up easily new campaigns and track donations to them. The customer support is great and very responsive (even without the premium account). It has allowed our organization to try out text to give without investing in a contract and we have been using it for our regular donations as well because it's so easy and we can ask donors to cover the fees if they want (and most of them do!).

Cons

Where you make changes to your campaign/settings-- isn't super intuitive to me (I hunt around on where to find what I need to tweak). If the payout history could get provide detailed reports that would help out accounting (it's in the works, I believe?)

Response from Givebutter

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, Susie!

We do have more payout data for accounting purposes in the works! We'll be sure you're subscribed to updates in our feature request portal.

We look forward to supporting you for years to come!

Zienab F.

The BEST Donation Platform

Reviewed on 2019/05/19

Pros

I love everything about Givebutter. They do not charge unreasonable rates on donations, features like ticket purchasing are very convenient, and the staff is AMAZING and very receptive to feedback.

Cons

Absolutely nothing upsets me about Givebutter. They really are concerned with costumer satisfaction and try to work alongside nonprofits, rather than against them.

Kurt C.

Butter Ambassador & Regional Manager

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Great! I think a lot of my struggles were self induced and that it was a great way to interact with people I may never have. I certainly recommend it.

Pros

I loved the ease of use. Even the people who I had raise money never once mentioned it as a tough software to use. That makes everything much quicker.

Cons

I would say nothing but I feel like that doesn’t provide you with insights to optimize. I suppose the only thing that comes to mind is the navigation through the software.

GreenLight Loves Givebutter!

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

GreenLight Solutions Foundation found Givebutter when we were searching for a cost-effective way to crowdfund and raise money to grow our organization. When we joined Givebutter a little over a year and a half ago the whole process was pretty new for us, but overtime it became easier to use and has really helped us do more than we could have with out it. Funds from Givebutter have helped pay for supplies for students at ASU, project materials for local businesses, and even helped pay for our business trip to Pittsburgh to attend the 2018 AASHE Conference! We love Givebutter's new homepage/interface/UX and the fun communication/branding is cool too. Many thanks to Max & his team!!

Pros

Fun company, simple to use software, and excellent customer service. Givebutter has helped grow our organization by cultivating grassroots fundraising efforts.

Cons

Some functionality is difficult to navigate on the website, like going between campaign and chapters and such...although with the new set up it does seem easier to use.

Matthew G.

A Non Profit Fundraising Platform that is Better than the Rest

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

For us it's very, set it and forget it. It's there when we push the link out to our base and in the background when we don't. Like a warm hug waiting for us when we need it.

Pros

Ease of use and direct to the point. Does not bog you down in minutia.

Cons

Great for general fundraising, not so great for the type of fundraising events we sell tickets to, and we get that. You can be everything to everyone everytime.

Alessandra C.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

GREAT!

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Pros

Easy to use, and excellent customer support!

Cons

Sometimes it was hard to coordinate when there are multiple fundraiser pages for one campaign! But the support that we received from the team was stellar!

Alice L.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Givebutter staff are so helpful!

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

It was very nice working with the staff and we were able to raise a lot of money for my event through their help! The platform is designed well for donor's to join.

Pros

The software is very intuitive and the staff are quick to respond to any questions I have. The platform is easy to personalize with each donor's own message and gif/picture which makes the event very cute!

Cons

N/A all aspects we're good, the one time I had a problem figuring out how to change the description of my event, a staff helped me really quickly!