Givebutter Reviews

Givebutter

Fundraising tools for groups, teams, companies & nonprofits

4.9/5 (61 reviews)
Daphne P.

Givebutter is the best way to raise money

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

My overall experience has been so positive from day one. I feel that the customer service is above and beyond excellent and I couldn't imagine having a better team to help me raise money.

Pros

Givebutter is the best way to raise money, hands down. Not only is the platform easy-to-use but it has many useful tools for fundraisers and their teams. It is easy for anyone to migrate their fundraising to this platform. Givebutter does a fantastic job at getting the community involved and having donors feel like they are connected with other interested donors. The social media platforms for sharing are seamless. I recommend Givebutter to everyone who I meet that fundraises.

Cons

Givebutter is working on integrations with Salesforce and we can't wait for this to happen!

Everyone should use Givebutter!

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

I would highly recommend Givebutter to anyone looking for an easy to use and engaging fundraising platform. It's especially great for college student organizations. My student organization has used Givebutter since the beginning and we have seen them continue making updates and improvements to make it even better. PFTK loves Givebutter!

Pros

Givebutter is an easy to use platform that is fun and engaging, especially for college students. What first drew us to Givebutter was that they keep fees super low, which isn't found on any other platforms. We also love the team fundraising option and your members can even personalize their page. The new event feature for selling tickets is a plus. They also have excellent customer service! The team really makes it personal and you can always get in touch in a timely manner.

Cons

I can't think of any. They are always making improvements. The Givebutter team is very open to feeback and will do everything they can to make your experience better.

Zienab F.

The BEST Donation Platform

Reviewed on 2019/05/19

Pros

I love everything about Givebutter. They do not charge unreasonable rates on donations, features like ticket purchasing are very convenient, and the staff is AMAZING and very receptive to feedback.

Cons

Absolutely nothing upsets me about Givebutter. They really are concerned with costumer satisfaction and try to work alongside nonprofits, rather than against them.

Christopher B.

The Best Site to Fundraise

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Givebutter is easily accessible, customer friendly, effective, transparent about their minimal fees, and the best site to fundraise, hands down, no questions asked. I used to fundraise on other platforms, but I will now always stick to Givebutter after having a continued remarkable​ experience with the company. I'm very thankful that I discovered this site, and it has saved me a great amount of time & energy with my fundraisers. I've also seen a spike in my crowdfunding success by​ using this company.

Pros

I most like the new ticketing feature for events because I plan to directly use Givebutter for a future project where there will be both crowdfunding for the tour and ticket sales for each event along our stops. Givebutter is a simple and brilliant solution for all of your fundraising needs, and this ticket feature is an example that shows how accessible, practical, and user-friendly the site is. I love how all these tools will be centered in one platform, and that helps me out tremendously.

Cons

There are very few things that I don't like about Givebutter. As the company evolves, there are better and better additions to the givebutter.com site. I definitely can't complain about the software because I've had such an easy and fun time using this fundraising platform.

Marie D.

A great platform for donor engagement

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Pros

I love that this software allows donors to interact with the fundraisers they're supporting. You can view donors' reasoning for donating to a cause and donors have the option of supporting a specific team member they might be connected to. Givebutter also has amazing customer service - if I ever reach out with a question, Max provides a quick and valuable response.

Cons

Honestly, I haven't identified something that I don't like about Givebutter's software. I'm happy that fundraisers' urls now reflect the name of the campaign rather than a random assortment of numbers and letters. That was a great change!

Great Platform!

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Givebutter allowed for me to raise money for my club to ensure than finances would not be a barrier for a student to play on a club team. We greatly appreciated the platform and recommend it to anyone looking to raise funds for a good cause!

Pros

I love how the platform is more interactive than a GoFundMe page. That and they take only a very small percentage of the proceeds, unlike the bigger pages. I also really like the Givebutter crew, they are easy to work with.

Cons

There were some issued when I was trying to transfer the money back to the cause. It was a bit confusing to figure out how to access the raised money. I did a fundraiser about 2 years ago though, so it might have improved since then.

Emily P.

Givebutter is the BEST!

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

Pros

GiveButter has been an absolute life saver. Every component of the website is extremely innovative and is constantly upgrading to be the best that it can be. Donors have spoken so highly of it as it is very simple and easy to navigate and use. Each member can create his or her own page which helps form friendly competition which increases fundraising. Furthermore, the GiveButter team is so kind and responsive — they will answer any questions and be there to support you every step of the way. In the past, I have used sites such as CrowdRise which feel like scams. GiveButter is the opposite; they want you to succeed and maximize fundraising!

Cons

There is nothing I do not like! It is truly the best.

Givebutter helped my organization so much!!

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

I started a school magazine from nothing, and we wanted to do print issues and weren’t going to change our mind. Givebutter allowed us to make enough money every semester to help fund the printing costs.

Pros

What first drew me to givebutter was that it didn’t take any fees out of what we got, we weren’t going to lose a large percent of donations to the host website.

Cons

There wasn’t much I didn’t like about the software, the only thing is that it isn’t as well known as go fund me for example so I don’t think as many people were “on board” with donating because they didn’t know what the website was

For those of us that don't love technology...

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

I was able to fundraise for school supplies for Karen Refugees in Thailand - the fundraiser was a huge success thanks to Givebutter!!

Pros

Givebutter is so easy to use. It is easy to create a fundraiser and easy for team members and donators to navigate the page (which also looks nice, in my opinion). The founders are quick to reply if you do have any issues. It is also extremely easy to transfer the money to a bank account when your fundraiser comes to a close. I have loved using Givebutter!

Cons

I wish it was more familiar/popular. It is a relatively new platform, so people aren't as familiar with it as they are with GoFundMe - but I think Givebutter is better so I hope it becomes more popular!

Kurt C.

Butter Ambassador & Regional Manager

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Great! I think a lot of my struggles were self induced and that it was a great way to interact with people I may never have. I certainly recommend it.

Pros

I loved the ease of use. Even the people who I had raise money never once mentioned it as a tough software to use. That makes everything much quicker.

Cons

I would say nothing but I feel like that doesn’t provide you with insights to optimize. I suppose the only thing that comes to mind is the navigation through the software.

Amazing Up-And-Coming Platform

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

Overall I’m just waiting for the next opportunity I’ll have to use the platform! Very pleased :)

Pros

I liked best the personal approach that took when operating the site. Being able to reach out to him directly and getting help when we had issues with the platform made me trust I could use this for anything I needed to the fundraiser for.

Cons

I think the Meme page could be a little smoother designed. I’m not sure what that would look like but I think the concept is excellent and will evolve to be even better.

Elisha J.

Positive Experience Both Times Using

Reviewed on 2018/12/01

I used it as a fundraising platform for my college business org, a 501(c)(3). People enjoyed it and we got a lot of positive feedback from it.

Pros

I liked the UX/UI - it's a simple design with not an inundating amount of features that is easy and fun to use.

Cons

Brand recognition is pretty low - people are less willing to put their cc information into a website that they don't recognize. I think marketing could go a long way - maybe through a high profile fundraiser for some college phone-a-thon or something.

GreenLight Loves Givebutter!

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

GreenLight Solutions Foundation found Givebutter when we were searching for a cost-effective way to crowdfund and raise money to grow our organization. When we joined Givebutter a little over a year and a half ago the whole process was pretty new for us, but overtime it became easier to use and has really helped us do more than we could have with out it. Funds from Givebutter have helped pay for supplies for students at ASU, project materials for local businesses, and even helped pay for our business trip to Pittsburgh to attend the 2018 AASHE Conference! We love Givebutter's new homepage/interface/UX and the fun communication/branding is cool too. Many thanks to Max & his team!!

Pros

Fun company, simple to use software, and excellent customer service. Givebutter has helped grow our organization by cultivating grassroots fundraising efforts.

Cons

Some functionality is difficult to navigate on the website, like going between campaign and chapters and such...although with the new set up it does seem easier to use.

Arielle A.

amazing software with even better customer service

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Pros

Honestly the customer service. The staff is extremely responsive and always willing to help with any questions or concerns. Very helpful in catering the platform to our business’s needs. The platform is extremely easy to use and takes the headache out of fundraising. We have used Paypal and stripe, and Givebutter is definitely our number one choice!

Cons

We love the software! We honestly just want them to continue building out their capabilities so we can use Givebutter in other capacities.

Caroline B.

Easy Money with GREAT customer service

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Pros

We have used Givebutter for 3 campaigns that have always been successful. It's easy to promote and the one time I had a question, customer rep. was amazing and answered all of my questions. We even got stickers! We will continue to use Givebutter and I recommend it to all organizations looking for easy, worthwhile crowdfunding.

Cons

We have not experiences any cons with this software.

Givebutter for the win!

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Pros

The team at Givebutter are some of the most helpful people I've met. They are always making sure that their product is what their customers need and are always available to answer questions. Givebutter is an awesome platform and if you are looking for a new way to fundraise or give, you should definitely be looking at Givebutter.

Cons

The team at GiveButter are constantly innovating. This is definitely a plus, but the platform has changed quite a bit since I started using it.

Givebutter Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Great and simple platform to lead your fundraising campaign, very easy to use and work with for people of all ages.

Pros

Very easy to use, and great customer service. My team's had issues with receiving payment and they walked us through the errors step by step until the problem was solved. Strong user interface, and easy to set up for fundraising efforts.

Cons

Can be small delays in receiving funds, and they do take a percentage of fundraising efforts, so plan on trying to raise over your goal just in case.

Helps Everyone

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/04/30

Overall Givebutter has helped member of my college campus raise money for causes they are very passionate about.

Pros

Givebutter offers you a chance to fundraise for a good cause, rather than just from a business standpoint. I am a college student and have watched fraternities and sororities use it multiple times. A fraternity on campus was able to raise over $6,000 with the help of this software. It is more than just another app, it is life changing for many people! Please think about purchasing this app!

Cons

Unfortunately donations are tax deductible but most users will pay the difference in tax so that the organization can still raise the same.

Mandy L.

If you Give Butter do they Give Better?

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

We have not received donations on the level we were hoping, but that is more about our staff not promoting it they way we invsioned.

Pros

The set up was easy, it looks good, it's easy for our volunteers and donors to use.
This is not our primary fundraising tool but it enabled us to reach out to the networks of our student volunteers in a way we had not before.

Cons

I wanted to be able to easily go to each campus group page and see the donations. We can see all of the donations but not which campus group received the donation. You can find this but have to take more steps to get there.

Liberty D.

Givebutter is awesome!

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

I have used givebutter as the fundraising platform for my sorority for almost 2 years now, and love that they do not take a percentage off of the profits. I think the set-up is perfect for fundraising for any organization and I’m confident that we’ll be using Givebutter for years to come.

Pros

I loved how easy it was to figure out/use. There is nothing complicated about it and the customer support responds almost instantly!

Cons

Nothing! I didn’t have a single issue using Givebutter.

Matthew G.

A Non Profit Fundraising Platform that is Better than the Rest

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

For us it's very, set it and forget it. It's there when we push the link out to our base and in the background when we don't. Like a warm hug waiting for us when we need it.

Pros

Ease of use and direct to the point. Does not bog you down in minutia.

Cons

Great for general fundraising, not so great for the type of fundraising events we sell tickets to, and we get that. You can be everything to everyone everytime.

Matt T.

Next Gen Fundraising Service

Excellent.

Pros

Being young and dynamic, the founding team is anticipating where the fundraising world is headed, and they are using tech to get ahead of it. Their customer service is top notch, and I would highly recommend working with their team.

Cons

I would like more robust ticketing features and more customer/donor insights

Alessandra C.

GREAT!

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Pros

Easy to use, and excellent customer support!

Cons

Sometimes it was hard to coordinate when there are multiple fundraiser pages for one campaign! But the support that we received from the team was stellar!

Chloe K.

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

Pros

The customer service is very responsive and helpful, and they send out the donations promptly. The website is simple and intuitive.

Cons

It is less intuitive to edit personal information and I got confused about managing different campaigns, and how to direct people specifically one campaign.

Allison R.

Best Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Givebutter has helped us mobilize our volunteer base all over the country and allowed everyone to see how the other chapters are performing and where they need help. This visibility has vastly improved our fundraising approach.

Pros

I loved how easy it was to use the software. But better yet, the executive and his team are always available to answer my questions. He and his team even joined our 3v3 basketball tournament fundraiser so support us. You won't find a more personal or dedicated company anywhere else.

Cons

It was lacking a few features at the beginning, but I believe all of those have been implemented, such as a better integration with our site.