Iris Works

Photography studio management solution

Kimberly L.

Everything with the use of Iris has been smooth with easy set up.

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

I love the automated email feature. Also, the to do list keeps my tasks in order.
The customer service/staff is personable and friendly!

Cons

I would like to be able to send email campaigns to clients and track the opens/delivery/link clicks.

Decent enough but much room for improvement.

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

It helps me keep my business organized better than I could alone, but I am definitely considering switching to a different program like ShootQ

Pros

Contracts and invoices - I enjoy the ease of sending clients contracts and invoices. Being able to accept payments through Stripe and PayPal makes life easy.

Cons

The organization of this program is not intuitive at all. The menu across the top is disorganized in itself like "locations" would be as important as a dedicated menu header as "clients". A menu to the side with the main part of the window being your workspace or "dashboard" would be much cleaner.

Clients - a giant, seemingly neverending list of clients is useless. I can search them by name, but some sort of organization or grouping option would be nice. The individual client page is nice. I like being able to see their activity, invoices and documents.

To -dos: A boring list that tells me nothing. Visuals would be nice, like an interactive calendar that can be color-coded. I can tell nothing from glancing at a list of text.

Calendar: Meets the bare minimum of calendar functionality. Being able to see a list of upcoming calendar entries would also be nice.

Invoices:Professional looking. I like that I can connect to Quickbooks.

Documents: Again, a list. I like the tabs to separate them. The editing window is garbage. A common complaint is accidentally clicking outside of the window and losing your work.

Studio: Email templates are ok, but not be able to add images is not ok. The banner option is lame. Also, if emailing clients is going to be an option through Iris Works, there needs to be an email client where we can look through our messages. Having to hunt down emails client by client is tiresome. Workflow would be nicer if there was a better calendar.

Mary beth C.

Iris Works Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/27

It has been a great experience and there customer service is excellent.

Pros

I loved how the company transferred my clients data into their system for me. They have an easy to use platform and it allows you choose what type of sessions you offer in a customized look. It has good customizable email templates and makes them look very professional, which saves time.

Cons

That the contact page does not allow you to require a phone number. It also is not trackable by google ads or google analytics. I also wish they had an app for you phone as well.

Tania F.
  • Industry: Photography

Overall I am happy with the application.

Reviewed on 2018/05/19

Automation and CRM plus invoicing

Pros

I love the integration with shootproof and that it allows me to automate my workflows and receive payments on invoices. I also love that the people behind Iris Works are always working on improvements based on its clients feedback and most requested features so there is always new features being added and no additional cost.

Cons

There are some features that are off to a great start but lacking in robust-ness. For example the calendar integrates with ical or google calendar but there is no ability to create availability and do automated appointment scheduling. It also doesnt allow you to categorize or group email templates so it can be hard to find what you want when its just a random list.

Shelby W.
  • Industry: Photography

A great and easy to use studio management software!

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

consistency in communication, great storage of client info and more.

Pros

I love how easy and quickly I was able to integrate the software into my business. I was up and running very fast and it was easy to get help from the support team. I love how I can integrate all my calendars! I also really like how easy it is to keep client information all together...their contracts, questionnaires, invoices and everything all in one stop! I also really like the automation side of things with emails and more!

Cons

The financial side of things is weak. I wish I could track my business expenses and mileage. I also wish I could use this as an app on my phone too. Last, I wish I could reply to emails sent out through the software.

Jamie R.

A great tool for organizing my photography business.

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Pros

I like having my scheduling, contracts, invoicing and email workflow information all in one place. Iris helps me look like a well organized professional to my clients.

Cons

There are some features that could use some improvement. Invoices seem to pull and be noted on their creation date, which is a huge problem for accounting purposes. Nothing matters until payment is collected, thus payment date is most important to track.

I would like to see scheduling opportunities, not promises of it.

Payment integration is ok but a bit clunky when relying on invoice tracking mentioned above. Invoices should be able to be connected to the initial contract email so clients aren't receiving multiple messages at once.

Amanda C.

I absolutely love Iris Works! It makes my everyday life SO much easier!

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

I love the ease of scheduling clients and sending off invoices, etc! I find that I am saving so much time and I love being able to see all of my invoices, scheduled sessions, and session info all in one spot! Plus...it's nice that it does things that I don't have time for (as in sending emails, etc!) I LOVE it...and the customer service is AMAZING!

Cons

The worst part is setting it all up. Once you have done that, you're good to go...but the process is quite lengthy.

Iris Works has streamlined so much of my client communication process. I love it.

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

Pros

I appreciate that all of my clients' information can be stored in one place. From contracts to invoices, I don't have to worry. I also love that emails can go out automatically so I don't have to remember to send clients updates and reminders.

Cons

I wish Iris Works allowed you to do wedding day timelines, like HoneyBook does. I'm also not a huge fan of the way the lead forms looks. They don't integrate with my site well.

Lindsay G.

The support staff is incredible, fast communication and always available to help!

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Pros

I love how simple and clean it is. It's so easy to read, and manage, and keeps me organized! Love Iris Works! I also love the fact that she is so easy to communicate with, and always responds in a timely manner! I appreciate the customer support so much, it means the world to me!

Cons

Would love to not have to sign in every time because I'm lazy :) also would love a phone app where it was quicker access!

Kimber B.

Easy, helpful, keeps me organized

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

I love that Iris works keeps track of everything for me. I can keep notes about clients and their families and have a detailed calendar. I also love that program sends out all the emails that I want to send, but may not have time or remember to. It helps me keep track of payments and what I've earned this year versus last and therefore helps me break through new goals. I just love everything about it.

Cons

There nothing about this program that I don't love! It has completely changed my workflow and my business.

Eli C.

Responsive and helpful designers.

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

Pros

Iris is s `one stop shop and has easy integration features with calendars, quickbooks (although a separate fee)
Updates to invoice export
Workflows and automation

Cons

Invoice organization - would be helpful to view by month or quarter. Ability to easily use same invoice for multiple payment (i.e. deposit and a package paid in installments)

Michelle H.

Great on the go

Reviewed on 2019/01/03

It’s ok. I’m only staying because of how much time I’ve already put into the system.

Pros

I use to use paper files (still love paper) but having clients info and being able to save files and notes helps pull up info fast.

Cons

Pop up boxes are not eadybtonusr and don’t move. Not wnoifh “note”’sections to write about more client details. They seem to never be fully upgraded and big downfall is they are adding services with extra costs.

Jennifer R.

An essential tool for my business!

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

It's easy to set up and use. Quick for me to set up a client and send an invoice as well as easy for my clients to pay.

Cons

I wish it had a few more features. When it comes to doing my sales tax if there were more ways to sort the months and categories that would be helpful. Also if there was a way to put in appointments and then send text reminders to clients automatically that would be amazing!

Shaina R.
  • Industry: Photography

Has everything I want, and things I didn't even know I wanted.

Reviewed on 2019/01/02

The ease of booking for all of my clients, and ability to send one e-mail that includes everything I need. Any time (not many) that I have had issues with Iris Works, the customer service has been phenomenal.

Pros

- Email templates
- Digital Contracts
- Invoice System
- Client Info
- New Leads directly from my website

Cons

- Inability to see a full list of things just done
- Inability to add photo upload option with Questionnaire

Kaley S.

I love Iris Works, it's easy to use and I've never had any big issues.

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

I love the functionality of it, especially from a client's end. The invoicing and contracts have been my biggest savior!

Cons

I wish there was more you could do with it. I feel limited in invoicing as well as emailing options.

Shonta H.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Iris completely changed the organization of my business for the better!

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Overall organization. Iris is a central way for me to keep up with everything related to my business.

Pros

I love the workflows. It is super helpful to have the email templates. It makes my life so much simpler in getting back to clients.

Cons

I wish I could merge my clients. For some clients I have them in my sytem a few times because they have emailed me through my lead page more than once.

Very User Friendly

Reviewed on 2019/01/03

Pros

I love how easy it is to use Iris! Before finding iris, I tried many other sites/compaines which where very tricky to understand. I came across Iris at WPPI and so glad I did, I gave it a try for a couple days before committing to it and loved how easy it was to set up a new client, add a contract and send an invoice to them. Also love how I can connect my gmail calendar and have a one calendar system.

Cons

Only wish I could separate my clients by weddings/corporate/portraits.

Diana J.

Great, easy to use!

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

Keeps all my client info in one spot. Easy to use, and access client info. Clean and modern look. Very organized.

Cons

How it integrates with Shootproof, I think this could be better. Sometimes my client info doesn't show up in Shootproof or Iris, or vice versa. Get rid of that location pop up every time I open up Iris works, please!!

Jocelyn W.

Has what I need, but too much clicking around.

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

I recommend it often. I love having it all in one spot, nice and easy to work with.

Pros

I love that I can do scheduling, billing, contracts and everything I need in one place. The support team is very helpful, and seems committed too.

Cons

How many clicks I need to get things done. I should be able to get from the calendar, to my client without having to go back through the client tabs. Invoicing, emailing. There's a lot that I should be able to get in and edit, without having to go through 5 clicks to do it.

Alissa U.

Allows me to have everything in one place and organized!

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Pros

I love that I can streamline everything from the client's inquiry to the final email with the gallery reveal and be able to see every interaction between me and the client.

Cons

Having to go back to add in invoice lines or back to add client from the calendar before being able to add an event with a new client.

Cheri S.
  • Industry: Photography

Couldn't Run My Business Without It!

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Time organization, task organization, customizable branding, contracts, surveys, automated emails

Pros

I like that there are SO many features like questionnaires, contracts, galleries, email templates, and the workflows are a huge help. The customer service is friendly. The interface is really easy to learn. You can totally customize it to your brand! And the fact that it syncs with my Google calendar is also a huge help.

Cons

Cons... they need an app. Something this awesome should have an app. They need to make it to where multiple clients (I'm a photographer and shoot families and couples) can sign a contract and be added to a session instead of being added all one at a time. And the galleries need to be able to be watermarked and customers should be able to download the entire gallery, not just one or two at a time.

Brandy S.

I love Iris Works!

Reviewed on 2019/01/02

I used to use shootq but Iris Works makes so much more sense to me. It's way less complicated and my clients are so easy to find and book with in the software.

Pros

I love the booking feature. It eliminates so many back and forth emails for me!

Cons

I really don't like that I can't read my documents on the mobile version.

Michelle H.
  • Industry: Photography

It's ok to use but I feel like it's not complete.

Reviewed on 2018/06/02

Organization

Pros

Managing clients with their info, scheduling tasks, and keeping everything organized. I use to use folders with manual entry and this way better. I like to look up client info even when i'm not in my office.

Cons

to get around on the site it's annoying..I wish there were more tabs to get back to certain areas. Plus I'm ALWAYS having to relink Quickbooks and add in my products over and over which stinks a ton of time. Not sure where the problem is there with Iris or QB but I hate to use PayPal for invoicing so that's why integrate with QB.

I also hate that there is no separate area for leads they just go into the pile and you can not sort them for follow up.

Katie N.

Wonderful Photographer Software

Reviewed on 2019/01/03

Wonderful experience: every time I have had a question there was always someone there to help me and answered it quickly and proficiently.

Pros

Ease of use. I do not like complicated technology (just not for me) and Iris Works was so easy to learn and set up!

Cons

There are a few features I would like to see added like a mobile app, a way to keep track of products/prints sold to clients.

Krysthol D.

Quick, easy, and seamless.

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

I LOVE that I can book appointments, send contracts, and invoice in the same place. It's helped me SO much with keeping my schedule and my clients organized.

Cons

I wish IRIS had a self-booking feature for clients. It would be great if clients could go to my IRIS and book their own appointments with previously blocked dates and times.