Iris Works

Photography studio management solution

Jenni
  • Industry: Photography

I am a homeschooling mom of 5 and there is no way I could run my photography business without...

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

IRIS allowed me to reclaim my sanity and time. I spent so much time worrying, and going over my lists, and scheduling reminders, and writing out emails... IRIS took all of that and automated/organized every bit of it, where I don't have to think about it at all. Choosing IRIS was the smartest thing I have done for the business side of my business period.

Pros

Iris allows me to stop stressing about something falling through the cracks. With so many balls in the air, I was constantly worrying about forgetting things or making a mistake. Between the automated workflows that gives me confidence that all of my emails are going out on time, the to do list items, so I know I didn't forget a deadline, to the templates that save me so much time! I love that the entire site is mobile optimized and that I can run my business from my phone if I have to. I have every piece of information with me no matter where I am, giving me the ability to provide quick answers and great customer service without having to wait until I get home to my computer.

IRIS has also saved me a lot of money! I would have had to hire an assistant long ago, if I didn't have IRIS to automatically do much of the behind the scenes tasks. In fact, there are SO MANY little things IRIS does, that I actually have more confidence that they are being done, on time and correctly, than I would if it were a real person doing them. lol

Helpful for the Part Time Photographer

Reviewed on 2019/01/19

I have more time to focus on my growth as a photographer, I can scout new locations, gather information on a potential client, send simple reminders, and even quicker "thank you - emails". I have the ability to be more professional with my clients, without sacrificing time with my family. Iris Works has allowed me to stay part time, while still being professional and to book the clients I have always wanted.

Pros

This software allows me to have a running to-do list and send contracts, and invoices with ease. Before I was creating and sending (and often making mistakes due to rushing) after my full time job as a teacher. Now, with the help of templates I can book brides, seniors, newborns with a few clicks.

Also, when I first toyed with the idea of using this software I wanted to see how my clients would interact with it first. So during my time at The Reset Conference the gentleman working the booth for Iris made a fake account and let me see emails, invoices and questionnaires as if I were the client. I was sold!

Cons

Moving into a new system is hard. I found myself staying up late for about 2 weeks, during my offseason and making templates, workflows, and just getting my "studio" ready. This took time, but was so worth it in the end. I also still with the invoices would let us require partial payments (much like PayPal) but I have been told they are working on it.

Krysthol

Reviewed on 2019/01/03

I like that I can go back and see all of the history I have with a client. I like that when emails or other documents go out, Iris saves and tracks all of that information.

Pros

I like that I can go to one place for all of my needs.

Cons

It isn't intuitive - some of the functions are difficult to figure out. I wish making a workflow was more streamlined and easier. I wish I could use workflows but I can't because I have to add my client's name to the emails and contracts that go out, and there isn't a way to edit that information when using workflows (not that I could figure out anyway). I guess I like a lot of the functions, but they just aren't there yet. There are lots of bugs that I've run into, and I just wish it was easier to use. Right now when a client books with me, I have to schedule the appointment in my calendar. Then I have to send them a thank you for booking email, contract, and invoice. And all of these are separate steps. It takes me too long to do what should be a quick, simple thing.

Jennifer
  • Industry: Photography

I have been Iris Works to keep my clients and sessions organized for over 2 years now.

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

Keeping my clients and schedule organized.

Keeping my clients and schedule organized.

Pros

I like being able to create client profiles, and being able to add notes for each session as well as be able to look at that client's history. I really enjoy the ability to attach a form and contract to emails for my clients and keeping those on file as well.

Cons

There has been a couple features missing to make my workflow more efficient that I have made requests for with Iris Works and they haven't been created it. My biggest drawback is not being able to access my client through the calendar. For instance - when I click on a session I can see my client's name but to access that client's profile I have to leave my calendar to the client section and search that client to see additional information such as the form my client filled out for that session. I would like to be able to click on a session from the calendar and access that information more efficiently - especially for the days I have multiple clients.

Shelby

Easy to Use Studio Management Software

Reviewed on 2019/01/03

Love keeping my clients all in once spot and organized. It helps me know what is coming up on my dashboard. I use it for my invoices and they are processed through Square! That is so nice and makes that process very streamlined for me.

Pros

Iris Works was so easy to set up and start using right away. I use it to track my clients information, invoices, products and schedule. I love that you can send attachments, contracts and invoices to my clients. I can set up email templates and then go back and use it again and again. Love the value!

Cons

I wish the lead default did not pop up when I go to my clients...I wish it showed only my active clients right away. I also wish it had a wall display configuration, but for the ease of use and set up there is a wonderful value. I wish it also had a place to put expenses so you can track both income and expenses. Right now, it is income only, but it does integrate with Quickbooks.

Amanda

I love using Iris Works for my photography business, I don't know what I would do without it!

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

Pros

I love the layout of the software, and the client management system is perfectly suited for my medium-volume studio. It's great to be able to have automated emails, invoicing, calendar, and client info all in one place. I also love that it syncs with Shootoroof, PayPal and Square, and my google calendar.

Cons

It really, really drives me crazy that I can't schedule invoices or create recording payments. About half of my clients are on payment plans, so I have to use either Square or PayPal invoicing to schedule future invoicing, it's messy and confusing and screws up the accounting feature on Iris works. That's my one real complaint, however.

I think there's room for improvement in terms of design options for email (correctly very limited, I can't customize to look like the rest of my marketing) and it would be nice to not have to create an email template on a separate screen when scheduling automated emails, but those are minor annoyances.

PLEASE FIX INVOICE SCHEDULING!!!

• Industry: Photography

Disappointed in the level of support, communication and performance of Iris-Works

Reviewed on 2021/12/05

I made a large investment and purchased the annual subscription to Iris-Works. During this time, I experienced multiple issues with software performance and lack of customer support. A deal breaker issue was that I had multiple clients unable to pay their invoices on this interface. Iris-Works customer support was unable to troubleshoot in a timely manner or even provide a permanent resolution. These issues and their lack of urgency to provide support, negatively impacted both my business standards and my customer service to my own clients.

Overall, I am disappointed in the level of support, communication and performance of Iris-Works. A customer management system is the lifeline of your business. As a business owner, you deserve a superior system, attentive support and clear communication. I strongly recommend avoiding Iris-Works, it will not be a positive experience or partnership.

Pros

Online scheduler was easy to use
customized workflows

Cons

level of customer support and communication
multiple issues with software performance with no resolution

Erin

Time saver and business organizer!

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

Pros

There are many features that I love about Iris however, my three favorites are the scheduled emails! I love knowing that my clients will get the email reminders prior to their session. I can schedule Multiple emails to go out at various different times to get them thinking, planning and getting ready for their session. I also love the customizable questioner that you can send to your clients- I love how it keeps them organized with the client so I can see when and if they have completed them. Lastly, I love the adding attachments feature to the custom emails! Makes it very professional and concise!

Cons

I wish there was a scheduling calendar option that clients to see what availability I have, then book on that!

Jennifer
  • Industry: Photography

This makes my life so much easier!

Reviewed on 2019/01/02

Pros

The exceptional customer service is what really sold me on the software. Anytime you start working wiht something new - there is a learning curve. The people at Iris Works are always available, helpful and super friendly when one needs help. The speed at which a request for an option was put into reality was mind-boggling. I always recommend this software whenever a colleague is asking for studio management software. Everything is together, invoicing, contracts, contacts, questionnaires. And it's so easy to use.

Cons

I still have to search for items like my billing cycle or the last invoice from Iris works to me, when does my contract expire.... When I find it - I understand why it is where it is, I just have trouble finding it in the first place. I guess because I don't need it very often.... ;-)

Aimee

Game Changer

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

Customer service is always fantastic. They’re always making improvements to the software AND adding new partners. Spend the money and take your business to the next level.

Pros

What’s not to like??? I couldn’t function without Iris!!! I can manage my shoot schedule, communications, online galleries & invoicing all in one place. It easily connects to my iCalendar, Shootproof, & Square! Email templates and automated workflows save me so much time.

Cons

The only downside is the initial set-up; it does take some time to get all the existing client information entered. That would be a downside to implementing any client management system, not just Iris.

Michelle
  • Industry: Photography

It's ok to use but I feel like it's not complete.

Reviewed on 2018/06/02

Organization

Organization

Pros

Managing clients with their info, scheduling tasks, and keeping everything organized. I use to use folders with manual entry and this way better. I like to look up client info even when i'm not in my office.

Cons

to get around on the site it's annoying..I wish there were more tabs to get back to certain areas. Plus I'm ALWAYS having to relink Quickbooks and add in my products over and over which stinks a ton of time. Not sure where the problem is there with Iris or QB but I hate to use PayPal for invoicing so that's why integrate with QB.

I also hate that there is no separate area for leads they just go into the pile and you can not sort them for follow up.

Mary Beth

Iris Works Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/27

It has been a great experience and there customer service is excellent.

It has been a great experience and there customer service is excellent.

Pros

I loved how the company transferred my clients data into their system for me. They have an easy to use platform and it allows you choose what type of sessions you offer in a customized look. It has good customizable email templates and makes them look very professional, which saves time.

Cons

That the contact page does not allow you to require a phone number. It also is not trackable by google ads or google analytics. I also wish they had an app for you phone as well.

Jamie

A great tool for organizing my photography business.

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Pros

I like having my scheduling, contracts, invoicing and email workflow information all in one place. Iris helps me look like a well organized professional to my clients.

Cons

There are some features that could use some improvement. Invoices seem to pull and be noted on their creation date, which is a huge problem for accounting purposes. Nothing matters until payment is collected, thus payment date is most important to track.

I would like to see scheduling opportunities, not promises of it.

Payment integration is ok but a bit clunky when relying on invoice tracking mentioned above. Invoices should be able to be connected to the initial contract email so clients aren't receiving multiple messages at once.

I didn't have a client management software before Iris Works, making this step has been...

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

I like that is it easy to use, didn't take too long to set up and is made specifically for my industry. My favorite features are the email templates and workflow by session type, along with the automated emails. I have saved SO much time and effort by automating things and my clients have praised me level of communication.

Cons

The software is pretty simple and there are some basic features missing, like being able to sort client list alphabetically, or being able to click the assigned client in the to-do list and going right to their profile. Also, it seems like it takes a long time for them to roll out new features and fixes to common requests.

Mary

Iris Works has been the best decision I have made since starting my business.

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

Pros

The booking features including work flow, questionnaires and contracts. The business side of my business has never been so easy. I feel like I can stay on top of tasks without anything slipping through my fingers under the radar. Totally game changer.

Cons

I still haven't figured out invoicing through Iris but that's probably user error and lack of trying. I also haven't used the goals metrics yet. Overall I'm very happy with everything Iris has to offer!

Jamie

Why I Chose IrisWorks

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

I love iris works. I did free trials fot many different programs and iris works is the easiest, most cohesive option.

Pros

I like that iris works is all in one. It keeps almost all of my client info/buisness info in one place. Easy to use, and everything is branded with my company logo, so it all looks so professional and cohesive. I also LOVE the new booking feature.

Cons

I wish it integrated more with shootproof for galleries, or had its own galleries to use so it would truly be all in one. It connects clients to galleries, but not to any purchases the client makes through those galleries. If this could be done, and maybe also add in a section like quickbooks for tax purposes omg it would be absolutely the perfect software. I would pay more.

Lindsay

The support staff is incredible, fast communication and always available to help!

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Pros

I love how simple and clean it is. It's so easy to read, and manage, and keeps me organized! Love Iris Works! I also love the fact that she is so easy to communicate with, and always responds in a timely manner! I appreciate the customer support so much, it means the world to me!

Cons

Would love to not have to sign in every time because I'm lazy :) also would love a phone app where it was quicker access!

Amanda

I love Iris Works. It's easy to use, user-friendly and I love the questionnaire feature.

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Pros

Easy to use, has questionnaires, you know when some has read a contract and sending invoices are simple.

Cons

I really don't have a con(s) about this software, but what I would really like it if I could send line item invoices showing, reservation fee paid and the new balance owing. Or if someone is on a payment plan having automated invoices generated in which also shows past payments with the new balance owing.

Another thing I really would like if after a session I could send out a review of services to a client to ask who they enjoyed their experience.

Betsy

I really appreciate how much Iris helps with tracking my workflow and staying organized!

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

Pros

The ease of use, setting it up, and being able to easily see a snapshot of my calendar and to-dos. I love how it keeps me organized and info is separated by client!

Cons

I wish I could drag/drop to-dos in a different order when they "occur" at the same time/same day. Wish you could click on client name from to-do list and go to their profile. I wish there were a scheduling feature.

Kimber

Easy, helpful, keeps me organized

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

I love that Iris works keeps track of everything for me. I can keep notes about clients and their families and have a detailed calendar. I also love that program sends out all the emails that I want to send, but may not have time or remember to. It helps me keep track of payments and what I've earned this year versus last and therefore helps me break through new goals. I just love everything about it.

Cons

There nothing about this program that I don't love! It has completely changed my workflow and my business.

Eli

Responsive and helpful designers.

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

Pros

Iris is s `one stop shop and has easy integration features with calendars, quickbooks (although a separate fee)
Updates to invoice export
Workflows and automation

Cons

Invoice organization - would be helpful to view by month or quarter. Ability to easily use same invoice for multiple payment (i.e. deposit and a package paid in installments)

Paige

Love the organization

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Pros

I love how clean, simple, and organized this software is! It's very easy to use. My contracts and invoices sent to clients look nice and professional.

Cons

At first, it was hard to navigate the studio side of things, but like all things practice makes perfect. I would love to be able to customize the "to do" side of things too. There are things on that list I'll never check off. I also wish they would run some specials here and there. Otherwise it's great!

Samantha

I've loved having an all in one place for my business!

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Pros

That it houses all my must have right in the same place. I can keep up with all my client's information and need to know stats.

Cons

That there isn't a functional app for the software yet. The online version is ok but a lot of features mess up for me while using them on the online app.

Marsha

I love how Iris has streamlined my booking process & made communications with my clients...

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

I love the ease of sending contracts, what to wear guides and questionnaires. My communications are efficient, consistent and professional.

Cons

I wish it integrated to Quickbooks Canada as it does for Quick Books USA users to enhance my business efficiencies.

Liliana
  • Industry: Photography

I could not picture my business without Iris! I love that its so easy to navigate!

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

It was easy to use and very helpful

It was easy to use and very helpful

Pros

I love that I can easily automate messages and emails for my sessions and automate so much of my workflow. It makes my daily tasks so much easier to handle plus I love that it tracks tasks and my calendar!

Cons

I wish it was linked to Quickbooks so that I can take deposits there I still have to send invoices though quickbooks and I just wish it would be linked to my account.