Mixmax

Email communication & sales productivity application

4,5
4,3
4,6
4,5
4,4
Laura C.
Industry: Consumer Services
Company size: Self Employed

MixMax gives me my sanity and time back

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

I run my own coaching business. I wouldn't be able to do what I do without MixMax. I also love how they keep adding features. As my business grows, I know I can keep relying on MixMax to continue adding the functionality I needed, without being pushy or cheesy. I highly recommend to everyone I work with.

Pros

I love the calendaring features and reminders on emails. I completely eliminated any back and forth on scheduling meetings in my personal life and work for 90% of cases. I'm in a services business so I'm scheduling time weekly. I no longer have it on my mind to follow up with people with new times or dates. They can just schedule time at will in really easy to manage times on my calendar. Plus if I really did want to make sure they scheduled, I can just have MixMax remind me in a week to follow-up with them if they haven't responded yet. It frees my mind up SO MUCH.

Cons

I don't like that it has an advertisement on my website for the calendaring widget. I'm fine to endorse MixMax but it just doesn't fit my brand. It's also not the best UI for my clients. It's not super easy to navigate times on mobile past a certain point.

Mike F.
Industry: Sports
Company size: Self Employed

Take your E-mail to the MAX! (MixMax Review)

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

I was an early adopter of Mixmax, and was able to speak directly with the founder via screen share and give feedback about my user experience. It says a lot about an organization when the head honcho is taking time out of their day to personally get data from their customers to improve their product.

Pros

I have pretty basic needs when it comes to emailing, but I do it often. Mixmax helps me stay on top on my many communications, allowing me to see who has opened (viewed) the emails I've sent, and how many times, which better enables me to navigate where things stand in the communication process. I can't tell you how many times that feature alone has saved my behind. I also utilize the templates, as I often need to send out messages with identical content. Templates save me time and energy.

Cons

Even with the privacy assurances, there is something a bit unnerving to click buttons to "Allow" an outside app complete control over your email communications. If I was sending any information I deemed even remotely sensitive, I might think twice about using this, or any outside service.

Industry: Computer Software

Great tool for systemizing outbound sales process

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

It is great tool for systemazing outbound sales. It has all relevant integrations with CRM and the tool is data-driven. I hope there will be no more bugs in the system.

Pros

The most useful feature - sequences. It automates email sequences for potential clients, we have integration with Salesforce so we can do a lot of cool stuff. For example, we can create automation of tasks in our CRM that are triggered by not replied emails. Also, our email replies are automated using Mixmax templates that are synced with Gmaill, you can reply with a few clicks to frequently asked questions. Also, the tool is data driven, you can track everything - opens, reply rates from any sequence, template and so on. Mixmax just recently introduced a reporting feature which makes this software even more data-driven.

Cons

Customer support is only in USA, so it is not convenient when you are using this software in Europe. Also, I had some problems with open rate stats, the Mixmax counted opens when somebody opened a contact to which an email was sent on our CRM. Also, we had problems with removing a contact from the sequence. When a person replied he was not always removed from the sequence which created awkward situations. For example, person replied and Mixmax didn't identified it, so follow-up email was sent to him. We created rules (a feature in Mixmax) and we solved this issue.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Promising - but needs work

Reviewed on 2018/08/16

Most of my email marketing activities are run through Mixmax. It is really economical because it doesn't have a cap or limit on number of contacts you can upload unlike most of it's competitors. But be warned, there are a few annoying bugs with the tool that you might consider before choosing to lock down on Mixmax.

Pros

Been using Mixmax for almost a year now. It is very economical given the whole slew of features it has got. My most used feature is the Sequence and the ease of putting out templates for the same. It's smooth and runs like a breeze from uploaing your CSV file to running targeted campaigns.

Cons

Although, it solves my primary requirement of scheduling drip campaigns using the Sequence feature, but it fails to give accurate results. In more than one occasion, I have found detail analytics to be not very accurate. Have also come across other bugs which has compromised my client relations at times. But there support team is very active would help you resolve these issues - in case you find them. Also, not a big fan of their UI. Not much of a complaint but a suggestion to the product guys at Mixmax - come up with designs that inspire the user. As of today, it's quite dull.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Christa C.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

I couldn't run my business without MixMax

Reviewed on 2019/02/14

Pros

The ability to create templates and "sequences" (automated series of templates) is crucial in this Chrome extension that takes gmail to a whole new level. Additionally, the ability to set follow-up reminders and next action steps automatically on an individual email make this a life saver. Email boxes aren't meant to be to-do lists... Mixmax allows me to review, reply, and set a next action all at once in an email and then file it away so it's not sitting in my inbox. There are fun aspects as well with 'enhancements' that allow me to insert gifs, polls, emojis, videos etc right into my emails.

Cons

This software is great for sending one-off meeting time/date options to someone via email. It doesn't have enough full calendar functionality to replace something like Acuity or Calendly as an outside meeting planner tool when you have many different types of standard meetings on a regular basis.

Response from Mixmax

Thanks for your review. Would be interested in learning more about your calendar requirements.

Megan C.
Industry: Management Consulting

Every High Achiever Needs Mixmax

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

Any pro who starts the day with email deserves Mixmax!

Pros

I love Mixmax because it complements all of the things I'm already doing with email, marketing, sales and scheduling apps. Mixmax supercharges my GMail inbox as an extension of my most used apps, like Salesforce, and makes it easy to see how I'm performing. Recipients of my Mixmax-powered emails are A LOT more likely to interact with my content, polls and scheduler than on other similar providers. I'm a free agent expert and work with a LOT of companies. I only wish more of my colleagues used Mixmax so we could implement some of the workflows in more situations.

Cons

Honestly, the only thing I've encountered about Mixmax is that not enough people are using it yet. My projects usually have digital transformation as a key driver, but my SME partners aren't yet using it. It's hard to imagine email without Mixmax. Every digital pro with a customer- or client-facing email workflow should get it!

Karlan B.

Least clunky Gmail plug-in I've used

Reviewed on 2020/02/14

Pros

Super easy to log emails to SFDC without slowing down my Gmail account. Additionally, tons of additional features that I wasn't expecting, like a meeting scheduling link, email templates, etc.

Cons

Nothing jarring comes to mind - if I had to nit-pick, MixMax has error'd out one or two times when I've tried to add new contacts to SFDC from Gmail, but nothing that a quick Gmail refresh can't fix.

K.c B.
Industry: Wholesale

A bit creepy - A lot awesome!

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

Pros

MixMax is extremely useful to me in my sales roles where 90% of communication with my accounts is via email. Being able to see when customers and teammates open an email , click links and download attachments is priceless. I also love the templates and reminders.

Cons

it is a bit creepy

when I open a email chain in Gmail - sometimes it logs me viewing the email chain as though the recipient is viewing the email chain. This can lead to some confusion.

I wish there were a mobile version as I do send a lot of emails from my phone

Rosa G.
Industry: Computer Software

Upleveled our team and reduced admin tasks

Reviewed on 2020/04/02

Helped reduce admin tasks and increase sharing of templates

Pros

The Salesforce integration is great, allowing for easy visibility directly from your inbox; love the templating options and the ability to insert availability for a few team members at once

Cons

The only options seem to be to allow full visibility into the team's emails or no visibility, we wish there was something in between

Agostina M.
Industry: Internet

Upgrade your e mail game

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

Mix Max is a must have tool. It makes you more efficient and automates a lot of manual work to give you time to focus on strategic thinking. It is cheaper than Mailchimp and more complete.

Pros

MixMax upgrades the functionalities of e mail. It allows you to share your calendar and auto generates meetings meaning there is less back and forth to find some common time for conference calls.
Also, the templates are extremely helpful.

Cons

It can be a bit pricey, but other than that, I cant find any weakness.

Leniece B.
Industry: Human Resources

Great product! A few tweaks can make it Great

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

Good!

Pros

Love the ease of use and that it’s embedded in gmail

Cons

1) when sending email via Mobile you lose all MixMax features/capabilities. Really huge gap

2) unlike Calendly, the calendar function double books since it doesn’t update your availability in real time e.g. if I send availability to a client for Nov 26th and they don’t read the email until above 28th (and that time gets filled in between it shouldn’t be possible to schedule. Calendly works beautifully in this regard. If MixMax fixed this I would get rid of my calendlu account but too many scheduling kinks due to poor coding/functionality to prevent double bookings in real time. Should be integrated with calendar so when times are I long available they are deactivated.

3) need more CRM integration options. Salesforce is cool but a giant for small business owners. Look into nimble CRM startups that are popular or create your own option

4) integrate with social media so we can easily access email recipient profiles like Rapportivr

Response from Mixmax

Thanks for your review! Please let us know what CRMs you would like us to integrate with. You mention Salesforce and we have an integration with Pipedrive and Copper (which are both CRMs for smaller businesses). Feel free to visit success.mixmax.com for more information on these integrations. With regards to the calendar double booking, please make sure that you have the 'prevent double' booking' feature turned on. You can find more information here: https://success.mixmax.com/article/41-prevent-double-booking

If you do have this option turned on, let us know.

For mobile -will pass those on to our product group.

Michael K.

I will not use GSuite without MixMax

Reviewed on 2019/02/27

Using MixMax let's me and my team focus on serving our customers by significantly reducing the friction in email exchanges and meeting coordination. I will not use GSuite without it.

Pros

MixMax let's me manage the -sometimes tedious- email cycle with ease and confidence. The automation (meeting templates, sequences, follow-ups, reminders, etc) make it so I do not need to manage my follow-ups in a separate task list (like I used to) and insights (Opens, Downloads, Etc) take some of the mystery out of the email portion of the sales cycle.
I've used MixMax for almost three years and it keeps getting better.

Cons

They seem to be slow about rolling out integrations with multiple services. Example: They have supported Zoom integration for Meeting Templates for a while now, but GoToMeeting still isn't supported. Also, it is particular about your GMail configuration. Example: I like to use the preview pane, but MixMax doesn't support it even though it is a first class (non-labs) GMail feature. Same with IE support. Some of my clients still use IE, but they cannot use my meeting templates. It gives them a blank screen.

Industry: Real Estate

I love MixMax and all of its capabilities.

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Being able to track, schedule, and templatize emails.

Pros

I LOVE how easy it is to track email opens in great detail. There are so many great features for such a good price. The features i use most besides email tracking is the ability to schedule emails and create email templates. I use both those features on a daily basis and I really don't know what I would do without it.

Cons

Sometimes MixMax glitches and for whatever reason doesn't track certain emails. It doesn't happen frequently enough for it to be a big issue. Also, you have to have MixMax installed on every computer you are sending emails from for the tracking to work. This can be a pain- I really wish it was just automatically hooked up to gmail so no matter what laptop you were using, it would track your emails.

Fred M.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Why I love Mixmax

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Pros

In this busy world of nobody answering their phones, email is the best was to get your name in front of people. The problem is; we're all getting flooded with emails and if we don't reply right away it goes down further into our inbox...and forgotten.

The best thing about Mixmax is their sequence feature. You send out a template email and if the recipient doesn't respond another goes out and another...as many as you want until you get a response!

What a time saver this is! No more trying to remember if they responded, having to write another email and son on.

And that feature is just the tip of the iceberg. So much good stuff in here...just get it!

Cons

Would love for it to integrate with my CRM (Zendesk Sell) but that's a minor thing.

Vincent T.

I been wanting something like this, forever. One Real Gripe.

Reviewed on 2017/06/06

Pros

Has its' own Calendly-like functionality built in! Can not only view if someone opened a multi-recipient email but tell WHO it was, no more "Someone opened" (I'm looking at you Hubspot). The schedule emails feature is the most robust out of a bunch of tools I tried in the past.

This tool was originally referred to me as a great template/canned response maker but it really is the other features that stuck out to me most.

SO MANY GOOD FEATURES!

FAVORITE PRO: It makes Gmail-Interface much smoother feeling and faster-seeming.

Cons

Reminders and follow ups as well is great - but I really can't tell the difference between the two features.

Some features feel a bit "bloat-y" - Yarn?! What the, is that?A little too ahead of the curve on that one.

UNFAVORITE CON: To completely eliminate the rest of their branding "Not using mixmatch yet?" from some of their neat tools, you have to get their highest-paid plan for $65/month. That is absolutely ridiculous. I thought I was being generous paying $29 a month for this tool because I fell in love with it, "where has this been all my life?" I Tweeted. But really you should at least take out the rest of the branding at that price point. It keeps deleting email drafts with no resolution, killing days of productivity.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Kevin I.
Industry: Management Consulting
Company size: Self Employed

When technology actually works for you

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

As someone who works as an individual consultant, MixMax has given me bandwidth I didn't have before in calendaring, managing email, and other administrative tasks generally relegated to an assistant. I've tried many applications that promise to increase productivity, but few have like this one.

Pros

The product seamlessly integrates into Gmail, and makes tasks that would be back-and-forth such as calendaring and templates nearly instant. The functionality around email reminders has made inbox management effortless, and it makes me look like I have a better memory and follow-up capability than I really do. It expands my own capacity immensely.

Cons

The only complain I have about this software is one that I was able to address with the help of the customer support, notably that the email tracking can lead to emails hitting others spam filters. With the help of customer service FAQ, I was able to get past this with a few tweaks.

Kara F.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

I don't know what I'd do without Mixmax!

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

A major business problem I had before I used Mixmax was the inability to know whether my communications with clients were being received, read, acknowledged and downloaded. Mixmax helps me have a much better read on the engagement level I have with different clients, and helps me know which channel to use to progress the relationship.

Pros

Being in a sales role, it's important I see how my prospects and clients are interacting with my emails. It's useful to know whether they've opened, clicked, downloaded, and also how many times and what days/times they've opened the email. It is a proxy for how serious they are about our communications and moving forward with a sale.

Cons

Setting Mixmax reminders isn't as intuitive as I'd like, but once you figure it out, it makes sense.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Free Version Helpful, But With Issues

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

It has a lot of advanced functionality, but the basic scrolling issues and popup made it annoying over time.

Pros

I liked that I could integrate my calendar availability into an email just by typing /a. My Google calendar would pop up and I could decide which time slots I wanted to tell the email recipient I had available. Those slots would then appear in the email with a button for them to book a time.

Cons

When I was replying to an email and wanted to scroll down through their original content, MixMax just fights you on the scrolling movement down. It's why I eventually uninstalled the software because I just hated not being able to easily scroll down.

Also, whenever the mouse hit the wrong part of the top right side of the email compose screen, there would be a popup that came up and blocked the screen. I frequently had to stop and click it to continue writing. It drove me nuts.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Joseph B.
Industry: Accounting

MixMax - great value for the money

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

MixMax is an essential part of my everyday communication with clients, as well as follow up and mass distribution of information to them. It's a one stop shop for my needs in those regards, and I have recommended to several of my clients.

Pros

The program provides as advertised, and is very diligent in not only adding new useful features but also keeping us apprised of them.

Cons

Quite honestly, I do not have any negatives that come to mind easily. Perhaps the "sequence" function could be a bit clearer as to the process. But that's probably just nit picking.

Response from Mixmax

Thanks for the review and for recommending us to your clients!

Very satisfied

Reviewed on 2019/04/14

People spend a lot of time doing emails - most business goes through emails. Mixmax has helped us be more efficient and build scalable processes.

Pros

The feature we enjoy the most is being able to predict the best time send an email. This improves the response rate. Scheduling call by sharing the calendar on the body of the email is tremendous help as well. Support has also been super quick and extremely informative. They know what they are doing.

Cons

Sometimes the chrome extension for gmail does not display clicks and other metrics and one has to login to the mixmax website for a detailed view. In addition, it is not always straightforward adding special packages (e.g., custom branding).

Mark M.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great timesaver and reminder

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

My overall experience with Mixmax has been outstanding and I use it everyday.

Pros

Mixmax has many great features, but I use it most to remind me of e-mails that I need to send.

Cons

While it is great for tracking customers, I would like to see it available for those of us who do not need to track the opening of e-mails. I don't need my colleagues to know that I am checking in on whether they read their e-mails or not.

Response from Mixmax

Thanks for the review. It sounds like you want to turn off email tracking. If that's correct, email tracking is a feature that can be turned off.

Francis P.
Industry: Internet
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Upgrade your e mail

Reviewed on 2019/02/28

With MixMax I am able to be more effective and automate my e mail to increase productivity and boost sales. I strongly recommend it!

Pros

MixMax is the best. I highly recommend it to everyone. Basically, it will make your e mails process more efficient. You can make your available free times for a call, due to Google calendar integrations. Also, it will check your grammar, spelling, remind you to follow up on lost e mails

It is basically a productivity machine.

Cons

You need to pay for the full version, but the free version provides all the basic functionalities.

The only con would be that reminders on un replied mails spam your inbox. Notifications could be improved there.

Spencer K.

I love this application!

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

Made me far more productive.

Pros

The reminder features on it for for emails are amazing. I mean people used to just not reply to my emails and I couldnt keep track of everything going on as I was constantly working on multiple projects. This totally solved it and I would not be able to be even 1/15 as productive without this software.

Cons

It sometimes has odd bugs in the email client, I am not sure why but for the most part it seems like that has been resolved. I havent seen any issues in awhile.

Industry: Computer Software

Tracking opens so there is no stress!

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

Being able to follow up with prospects and clients at appropriate timing due to the tracker being installed. It's a great tool.

Pros

I love the tracking feature, as well as the preview service they provide when pasting Droplr links into emails. It makes it really easy to use and I know exactly when to follow up with clients.

Cons

If the integration becomes disconnected sometimes I don't notice so Ill have to make sure when I clear my cache and cookies that I reinstall. Nothing that big through - Mixmax is great!

Matt J.
Industry: Computer Software

Super clean scheduling, sequences, email

Reviewed on 2018/08/24

Incredible service. Get the white-labeled version!

Pros

Mixmax does it all! It is very easy for me to embed my calendar into emails so my clients can find an opening. I can also create sequences so my clients are contacted at the right time, saving me loads of time.

Cons

It has a steep learning curve, but that learning curve is worth it!

Response from Mixmax

Matt --

Glad you like Mixmax! If you are on the Growth or Enterprise plan, check out our rules to help you be even more efficient!

Thanks