Mixmax

Email communication & sales productivity application

Free Version Helpful, But With Issues

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

It has a lot of advanced functionality, but the basic scrolling issues and popup made it annoying over time.

Pros

I liked that I could integrate my calendar availability into an email just by typing /a. My Google calendar would pop up and I could decide which time slots I wanted to tell the email recipient I had available. Those slots would then appear in the email with a button for them to book a time.

Cons

When I was replying to an email and wanted to scroll down through their original content, MixMax just fights you on the scrolling movement down. It's why I eventually uninstalled the software because I just hated not being able to easily scroll down.

Also, whenever the mouse hit the wrong part of the top right side of the email compose screen, there would be a popup that came up and blocked the screen. I frequently had to stop and click it to continue writing. It drove me nuts.

Tracking opens so there is no stress!

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

Being able to follow up with prospects and clients at appropriate timing due to the tracker being installed. It's a great tool.

Pros

I love the tracking feature, as well as the preview service they provide when pasting Droplr links into emails. It makes it really easy to use and I know exactly when to follow up with clients.

Cons

If the integration becomes disconnected sometimes I don't notice so Ill have to make sure when I clear my cache and cookies that I reinstall. Nothing that big through - Mixmax is great!

Spencer K.

I love this application!

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

Made me far more productive.

Pros

The reminder features on it for for emails are amazing. I mean people used to just not reply to my emails and I couldnt keep track of everything going on as I was constantly working on multiple projects. This totally solved it and I would not be able to be even 1/15 as productive without this software.

Cons

It sometimes has odd bugs in the email client, I am not sure why but for the most part it seems like that has been resolved. I havent seen any issues in awhile.

Tim T.

Absolutely fantastic, really!

Reviewed on 2018/01/17

Pros

I can't rave about MixMax enough. We used Yesware for years and it worked great, bu MixMax really blew it out of the water. The day-to-day features we use the most are easily adding availability to emails where customers can book in one click, scheduling reminders, and the Salesforce integration. I'd say though, what we like most, is the reporting. Being able to see activity and also see when reminders are set to bounce back so you can redistribute if you have too many is super helpful. I'd highly recommend giving a trial for a spin. I don't think you'll turn back!

Cons

Two nice-to-haves would be to be able to trigger automations on data directly from salesforce and being able to have a bit more advanced user permissioning for admins.

Joshua L.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Keeping organized

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

We are a fast paced business that speaks to many clients a day with the requirement to send emails and then follow up accordingly. With hundreds of these clients that we're juggling, we've found the Mixmax sequence tool invaluable to keep things going without missing a step. I'd say it's paid for itself with the business we've already got from the sequencing.

Pros

I searched for many weeks trying to find the best sequencing platform that works for our business. There are hundreds of options out there, but only Mixmax was able to perform every function I need and some I didn't realize I needed!

Cons

It's costly to add users or to share templates to your team. Some of our team have limited roles and don't need the full platform so it would be nice to see more a la carte options that could save us money.

Romain T.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Loved it as a 'free' user - In the process of getting it approved in my company

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

Very good indeed !

Pros

Ease of use, email tracking is an awesome feature for sales and also being able to easily share huge file without having to deal with the nightmare that is google docs sharing functionalities.

Cons

Didn't really the calendar propositions but it could be nice to have.

Didn't have a lot of use for the templates and thought it was a bit complicated to manage.
A tutorial would be great for this !

Dan E.

MixMax is a great sales tool overall.

Reviewed on 2017/09/13

Pros

MixMax has many features that are exceptional for sales. My favorite feature is the ability to share your calendar availability with prospective clients. This feature cuts out the unnecessary email(s) when trying to schedule a meeting. Once a slot is selected, the appointment automatically posts on my calendar. I have seen increased response rates as a result of this feature.

Cons

The expense associated with the premium features. The limitations on email tracking is certainly a drawback as well as the sheer expense of having a full sales team on MixMax.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

MixMax is the perfect tool for Sales

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

Great experience. Highly recommended

Pros

Great features
Easy to use although some features are a little more difficult to master like drip campaigns

Cons

Inability to use WiseStamp. MixMax signature feature is too basic
The option to remove the mixmax logo is too expensive

Response from Mixmax

Thanks fo the review. Will pass on the request for Wisestamp integration to our product team. You can import signatures into Mixmax. Did you try to import your WiseStamp signature into Mixmax?

• Industry: Legal Services

Fantastic tool

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Pros

I like the ability to schedule meetings easily and this app saves me tons of time in terms of limiting the back and forth between recipients

Cons

Nothing comes to mind, I like the functionality.

Max F.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Love this service!

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

MixMax is essential for mass outreach and lead management.

Pros

MixMax brings my email game to a whole other level. I can send massive drips to salesforce leads, create salesforce leads when sending an email to a new contact, schedule meetings and tons more.

Cons

There can be some bugs along the way. Automated emails and fields can get messed up if you're not too careful.

Jeremy R.

Great Prospecting Tool

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

I would recommend it.

Pros

Mixmax is a great tool for automating and customizing emails. There are a lot of features that are great. From the sales side, it is a big asset and saves a lot of time.

Cons

Overall it is a good software with a limited about of cons. It has great features and the concept is great. There will occasionally be a bug in the software but it gets fixed pretty quick.

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Nice Features But Another Monthly Expense

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

While it is a good product I'm just not sold on the month-to-month cost. I'll wait for Google to integrate the features into G-Suite.

Pros

The software makes up for some of Gmails shortcomings. I really like the ability to add a table directly in the email. Scheduling meetings and delay email send also a nice feature.

Cons

I am always wary of third-party add-ins that need to tap into things like your contact list.

Response from Mixmax

Thanks for the review. In addition to our enhancements to Gmail we also have the ability to create outbound templates, sequences and workflow rules. Have you used any of that functionality? These bring significant value in terms of time and money saved.

Desmond B.

great bulk email sequencing tool for Salesforce hampered by buggy and incomplete implementation

Reviewed on 2018/02/02

Mass email automatic multi-stage sequencing integrated with Salesforce.com.
We prepare our leads in Salesforce, load them to MixMax and track the results back in Salesforce.

My likelihood to recommend could so easily be up at 9-10 but for the current quality weaknesses. The good news is that the quality issues are slowly being addressed.

Pros

Multi stage sequencing allows "fire and forget".
Relative ease of loading from Salesforce, incl duplicate filters.

5 stars for the ideas - features and functionality
3 stars for ease of use, should go to 4/5 once implementation and quality addressed
If MixMax can sort these out real quick, they'll have a first class offering.

Overall, a lot of "customer sacrifice" but will stay with MixMax for a few months at least and review quality again then.

Cons

Buggy, buggy, buggy. The core sequencing engine appears to be working well. Sadly, the surrounding functionality lacks quality - failures (bugs), omissions (some event type not fully reported), weaknesses (realtime reporting performance management)

2 stars value for money because of our costs associated with bug handling and work-arounds.
missing out on 3/4 stars.

Again, for such a promising product but at this level of maturity, customer support is ok but underresourced .

Craig M.
  • Industry: Research

Mixmax

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Pros

Easy to use The email function is easy to manage

Cons

Slow to re load and the email has to be re loaded to send quite a bit

Melissa B.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great service but wish it was free

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Pros

Great for tracking emails and keeping email templates saved

Cons

The cost, it would be better if there was a free option

Response from Mixmax

Thanks for the review. We do have a free option with limited functionality. Does the free version not offer enough functionality for you?

MixMax to improve your productivity

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

helps me to foster my productivity using the tool, great integration.

Pros

Really easy integration with gmail.
option to add templates / sequences and in general manage your email strategy.
tracking capabilities
share availability

Cons

disconnected from gmail from time to time, and then you have to re-enable it again.
Did not find a way to accept availabilities from few attendees for a single meeting.

Josh R.

Favorite Software Tool I've Ever Used!

Reviewed on 2018/06/01

Pros

I personally love the side bar when I'm logged into my gmail account where it shows me all of the emails I've sent and whether or not they have been viewed, a link has been clicked or it has been responded to. Makes things a lot easier for me and a lot more interesting when you can see a potential client viewing your email all on your home page of gmail.

Cons

I haven't run into anything that I dislike yet. We are looking to implement them entirely and I'm sure once I get more familiar with the software there will be something, but as of now there's nothing!

• Industry: Human Resources
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

New user - feels hard to setup but I am excited at the possibilities

Reviewed on 2019/12/31

Scheduling apps like MixMax save me a ton of time. I have been using OnceHub and it has saved me so much time.

Pros

I haven't been using this product long but switched from OnceHub because the rest of our team was using MixMax and they allowed us to do a single billing account. I am still learning but it feels a little overwhelming getting it setup.

Cons

There are so many options that it has been difficult getting it set up but I am excited about the configurability

Amy S.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Good Tool for Sales

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

Pros

Easy to use and features are helpful for sales

Cons

Gmail is not supported and keep asking to remove the extension every time

Response from Mixmax

At this time we only support Gmail. If you're having issues with the extension please reach out to our support team at [email protected] and they can assist you.

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Great for my type of cold mailing

Reviewed on 2018/09/22

Pros

It's fresh, new, with a lot of features. It's easy to use and automate my work. Also, it's connected with my gmail so I can track everything.

Cons

Please faster your integration with HubSpot- then you'll be perfect.

Faustin A.
  • Industry: Chemicals

MixMax Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Pros

I really enjoy the user interface that mixmax offers. When implementing enhancements like surveys or media, it looks so unique in the email. It really attracts the eye, and makes emails more enjoyable to read/send.

Cons

There are not many in built functions that are useful to students.

Response from Mixmax

Thanks for the review. Please email us and let us know what features you would like to see that are helpful for students.

Charles C.

good product, lacks integration and support

Reviewed on 2018/01/30

Pros

the features are useful for a sales person to automate workflow. templates, mass emails, analytics on opens etc.

Cons

at first they charged less, but on subsequent accounts i added they charged me more. I asked them to fix the billing but they weren't interested. will be switching to their competitor yesware

Paolo M.

Tons of features and ways to use their software

Reviewed on 2020/06/01

They allow us to track and utilize our emails in ways we never could before.

Pros

Mixmax has gone above and beyond in providing a ton of features and ways to use their software. It works in many ways to make your emails more valuable and helpful.

Cons

There isn't 24 hour support but there email support is pretty fast, I also wish they had more updates.

Stacey W.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Great for email automation

Reviewed on 2019/03/13

Pros

Accurately monitored who opened my emails and has great features such as autofil to help send emails faster.

Cons

I didn't like the interface at first but they've worked hard to make it more intuitive.

• Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

MixMax review

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

Pros

It allows me to track and schedule emails, which is great. It has deep functionality for analytics, which helps as I plan mass email campaigns.

Cons

It inserts a box in some of my emails that ruins formatting. I also wish it had an app for when I send emails from my phone, because they aren't tracked.