Showing 79 reviews of 69

Gate Sentry

Mobile visitor management software for guarded properties

Showing 79 reviews of 69
Jennifer A.

The ultimately secure way to ensure you know who's on your property, and that they belong...

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

So far with all of the gate software products that I have used, I have found this product to be the most efficient, most user friendly model I have used to date. I will continue to use the software for my property.

Pros

This software is so easy to manage. With this program you are able to manage who comes on and off your property immediately so you get less calls from security. You can even customize your list for temporary guests and permanent guests and it updates immediately so your and your security team will be on the same page. You can even add and delete users at any time directly from your cell phone which is GREAT if you have a vendor that needs access but you're not available at the property. You can also view the history at any time. Another great feature is that when a guest shows up that you've been waiting for, you will be notified right away. This program really helps you to stay up to date with visitors, vendors, and also your permanent guests.

Cons

This is a really great program so there's very little that I dislike about the software. I would like it if they were able to come up with a few more levels of security for certain users to be able to perform certain fuctions vs. having just a couple levels of administration. IF they could incorporate a user level and you could click exactly which functions you would like those specific users to preform, it would be very helpful. Please note that if this software already has this function, I am having a hard time finding it.

Dan F.

Very useful too, but could be much more so, and easier to use.

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

Speed up gate access and achieve 100% authorization / identification of visitors

Pros

Streamlines guest and vendor access at the gate as it should. It speeds the entry process and lets the gate focus on processing instead of calling. The ability to keep a list of visitors and vendors is very useful. Great to get a ding and an email when someone arrives. Nice to have history. Much better than the manual phone process. Much!

Cons

Several warts and functional shortcomings.
User Interface:
-I am an android user
-Must 'multitask' out of app vs a simple button or swipe exit as most accept
-Primitive look and feel
-On entering app you see profile info when instead it should likely be action or action selection oriented
-Many vendors are used by many neighbors. It would be nice for the app to offer a user to add a known name to his list.

Integration
-Would like to be able to directly integrate with HOA Neighborhood apps like Nabr and Accounting
-Better (or queryable) reporting on usage etc

Rare but occaisional processing failures
-Sometimes names go missing or comeback, occaisional gate issues -trouble is we never know where the problem really is but the reputation of the tool suffers when it happens.

Hemant P.

Well thought out

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Overall a nice product that allows us to easily add and remove guests visiting our house in a gated community.

Pros

I am part of an HOA that uses Gate Sentry to manage visitors into our gated community. I like the fact that I can have separate areas for my guest (temporary or permanent) and vendors that visit my house. I do like getting notifications on my phone when guests have been cleared by the Security guards to enter our community.

Cons

There have been 2 occasions when all of my guest and vendors disappear. I am not sure if it is a issue with Gate Sentry or my HOA/Security company deleting everything. There doesn't seem to be a way to backup your guest lists to recall them in this event.

Robert H.

Construction Owner for a new Build

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Pros

It's nice to know who is visiting our site, when the arrive. I believe it helps with theft and risk. It's also a permanent record of days we were on-site.

Cons

no issues. I did not have any cons.

Jeferson B.

Automatic Notification

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

Pros

Being notified if someone enters my condominium

Cons

Slow response time, between entrance and notification

Sandra S.

Easy Access

Reviewed on 2020/03/02

Pros

no need to have to wait for someone to answer my call or get the spelling of a name wrong, I simply add the guests name myself and the length of their stay and voila! it is done. More time is saved, And the added feature that I am notified when a guest arrives is a bonus.

Cons

forgot password and it took us a few days to figure out how to reset it, but once we were sent an email it was easy.

John B.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Gate Sentry works!

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

Gate Sentry does what it says it will do. It is dependable, trustworthy, and accurate. The editing options are a little tricky to work but this does not get in the way of it's functionality.

Pros

The app is quick to load and easy to navigate. It does what it says is going to do and moving through the features is pretty easy to understand and execute.

Cons

It is hard to go back and fix mistakes you make or edit your different additions. So editing the content you add is hard to do, but this has never gotten in the way of functionality.

Troy D.

Excellent

Reviewed on 2020/02/28

Pros

Easy to use. Also very streamlined. Only takes a few seconds to add vendors or guests

Cons

None that I can think of. I only use it to let guests in and it’s made the process much easier and convenient

Kathleen W.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great to keep track of who is coming and going

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

Pros

Love the email and pop up notifications.

Cons

It was inconsistent for a while but seems to have gotten better

Michael A.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Easy

Reviewed on 2020/02/28

Pros

Easy to navigate and achieve what you want

Cons

There is not a thing that I dislike about this

Heather B.

Gate Sentry Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/31

Gate Sentry fits our needs but the user experience feels clunky and slightly outdated. I do not understand why Vendors are massed through the neighborhood but that may be a future improve. Overall I think Gate Sentry should look into how modern applications create ease of use and custom elements for the end user.

Pros

Easy to understand and learn. The native app is pretty stable so no issues with it logging me out from time to time. I like that it allows me to add visitors and contractors as both temporary and permanent so there is not a whole lot of need for re-entry.

Cons

When I add a new vendor, I have to scroll to the very bottom of the existing neighborhood list which is very inconvenient. Our address is registered in Gate Sentry but for some reason our neighborhoods’ gate guards cannot locate it all the time so they call us. The process for activating Gate Sentry as new residents was also confusing mostly because the person we initially contacted at the HOA management did not know what Gate Sentry was - it took us escalating to the community manager to resolve the issue.

Stacey H.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2020/02/26

Pros

I like being able to track who’s coming in as well as how easy it is to add someone to our gate list

Cons

There have been times the guards couldn’t pull up individuals on my permanent list

Laura M.

Great App

Amazing!

Pros

It is very easy to use. I like the simple format

Cons

The App can log out sometimes or include a wrong person on my list

Gate Sentry Ease os use

N/A

Pros

The App is easy to use, no complications

Cons

I feel that the software is easy to use and navigate.

Kristina H.
  • Industry: Building Materials
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

Pros

Easy to navigate and use. Updates quickly

Cons

Nothing. Works as expected. Thank you very much

Ana H.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

My review

Reviewed on 2020/02/26

Pros

The ability to see who enters the gate.

Cons

When adding a guest, it sometimes glitches. Also, gate guards seem to not always see what guests have been added.

Emily R.

Honest Review

Reviewed on 2020/02/28

Pros

This software is very easy to use, simple layout, and readily available (never had technical difficulties).

Cons

I would like to have an easier option to invite other members of my home to join. We were unable to set my husband up an account so he has to ask me to input visitors when needed.

James R.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Simple as can be to use

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

Big help for getting different companies in and out and having regulars recorded

Pros

Accuracy and reliability and ease in helping us and guard in monitoring who comes in or out

Cons

Keeping customers on regularly use versus one time visitors

Rushi B.
  • Industry: Banking

Ok if used right

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

This would be a good service if security gate personnel used it correctly. Often I would add a guest but security didn't bother to see if they were on the list and would call me anyway to ask if the guest should be let in, basically rendering the app useless. If used correctly, the service is useful.

Pros

It provides an easy way to add guests for your permanent list as well as temporarily for certain dates. Also nice to receive notifications when guests arrive at the gate.

Cons

Guests listed on my permanant list would occassionally disappear. Customer Service was unable to help.

Susan H.

Great system

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

Pros

Easy to setup and use. Can now receive guests efficiently

Cons

The UI on the website isn't the most user friendly. The app experience has been better

David W.

Great Software for a Neighborhood

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

It’s a great app!

Pros

I like the ability to allow guests access and enter my vendors in one application. It is easy to use the software.

Cons

Actually the software does what I need it to do. If I could have more information on who to contact in my neighborhood association, that would be a good enhancement.

Adam N.

Great

Great well worth it

Pros

It alerted me when people came, I could people to the list. Easy and no issue

Cons

Nothing it all worked. Maybe update the look