Learning Locker

xAPI Learning Record Store (LRS) for learning data analysis

5 /5 (8 reviews) Write a Review!

5 /5
Haitham G.

My experience has been great so far. It's been great working with the HT2 team.

Reviewed on 2018/05/31

Ability to track experiences and make sense of how our products end users are using them.

Pros

The UI experience is great but HT2 continues to make it better. The APIs cover a lot of functionality and provides a solid bus for data transmission from and to the LRS. The Team starting with the CEO is very skilled with the subject matter in general and xAPI in particular. Customer and Technical support are phenomenal.

Cons

I can't think of anything. All of what I feel isn't available is on the software roadmap and expected to be added soon.

David G.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Learning Locker is a leading LRS with great Dashboard Features

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

We are looking to transition off our LMS at my work and explore having more assets freely available in our suite of products and in the ecosystems of our extended customers. We also want our customers to have insights on how their employees are leveraging assets to perform more effectively. Learning Locker seems to have the tools to jailbreak us from our LMS and provide the insights needed to the right parties

Pros

Learning Locker (I am using the free version I host on AWS) is a fully featured LRS that allows you to set up users in specific groups and report on their activities sent from xAPI compatible objects to the LRS.

You can design some pretty amazing Dashboards using an intuitive query selector which was a standout. I find most learning portal reporting to be very canned and impossible to create new insights without a programming degree. This is where Learning Locker nails it.

Cons

The one area I would list as a con is directly linked to my inexperience installing software in AWS. For Mac users it is simpler. I was using a PC and there was a step that had me stalled for a bit. To be frank, this is something a person who does this normally would resolve in a second (I phoned a friend) but since IDs don't tend to do this often it is good to have the forewarning

Once I was installed it was off to the races.

Burke A.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

If your looking for an enterprise level LRS this is it

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Pros

Customer Support is fantastic
The thing just works
It has a very nice GUI and is easy to use
Connectors include Slack , SAP, Tableau and more

Cons

I Would like to see a user interface for extracting data into a CSV or format. Easier way to manage statement forwarding. by that I mean a way to setup rules and triggers for statement forwarding.

Bryan S.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Excellent add to our ecosystem

Reviewed on 2018/08/29

We were faced with needing to replace our existing course completion store, and wanted to go with a tool that would provide other capabilities as well. This met those needs. We also use it as a valuable integration point with other systems/projects through the use of xAPI.

Pros

Ease of use in creation of real-time dashboards. The querying and design tools continue to get better. Very responsive support and development team.

Cons

Dashboards are great, but reporting is not as full featured as we need (but honestly not necessarily in scope for the product. The APIs and BI connectors are there for reporting tools, but not in the app itself.

Kirstie C.
  • Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Learning Locker helps us accurately measure the impact of learning initiatives

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

I love the fact that as well as our e-learning statements going directly from Curatr into Learning Locker, we can add other data stores, such as business KPIs and Mystery Shopping results. We can then create meaningful learning journeys and measure the impact.

Cons

it has taken me a little time to feel comfortable with using the software mysel, not being very technical. Now thta I understand it, it works perfectly for me.

Adam L.

Good product, constantly improving

Reviewed on 2018/08/26

Great level of service from the team at HT2 when implementing on onboarding.

Pros

Learning Locker has made storing and accessing our user data simple.

Cons

The visualisations still need a fair bit of work to be flexible enough to all client needs. The great news is that the team are very responsive to feedback and are regularly releasing new features.

Brian L.

Easy to use and flexible Learning Record Store

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Learning data collected in a single place from many of our learning sources.

Pros

Prior to Learning Locker, we had no method of looking "into" a learner's experience (how far are they in the multi-hour training? What are they answering? etc.) with learning opportunities we had created in our learning ecosystem. With Learning Locker we are not only able to see into a learning experience but we can use that data to improve what we are creating and distribute those results in dashboards that refresh with the latest data when the dashboard is re-opened. Data that would take hours previously to gather is available instantly. Through connectors, we can also reach out and store other types of data that are not expressly in xAPI format - more learning data available to us in a single place.

Cons

Hmmm... I have to think about this because there is so much I LIKE about the software. They have webinars available for this, but I would like some online or downloadable documentation on building complex queries.

Stephen P.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Huge power and potential

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

Pros

It's early days for us using Learning Locker, but it's clear that we can create some fantastic dashboards, and journeys, to get realtime insight into how our learners are moving through the sessions we have allocated to them. We work with schools and organisations globally, and being able to let our partners self-serve with these reports is a huge benefit both to us and them. It has the power to make a real difference to our uptake with schools.

Cons

Still a little work to do on making the dashboards even more powerful, and making the UI as easy to use as possible, but overall this is a very powerful addition to the HT2 product suite.