Showing 97 reviews of 80

Sonix

Automatically convert audio & video to text in minutes

Showing 97 reviews of 80
Ryan G.

Sonix Love

Reviewed on 2021/02/03

Couldn't have been easier. Once we connected our Zoom accounts, it is literally a click of a button to transcribe. We don't need every meeting transcribed but the auto transcription feature is available. Haven't really needed to contact support because it just works.

Pros

It is very easy to setup and use with our Zoom accounts. The pay-as-needed feature is perfect for us as sometimes we need it and sometimes we don't. I will spin up a zoom meeting and read a draft blog post or other content. With two clicks, have Sonix transcribe the meeting and I saved time on typing! We also have technical meetings that require specific notes from the meetings. It's nice to not have to pay a monthly or yearly subscription when we won't use it that often.

Cons

The entire setup process is very intuitive. It would be great if the transcription picked out the speaker so that when the first speaker is labeled, whenever that person speaks again, the speaker is "guessed" and I would have the ability to adjust as needed. This would save us a lot of time.

Curt W.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Enormous time-saver

Reviewed on 2020/12/12

After using Sonix for over a year it is a proven, consistent help to my work.

Pros

Sonix is extremely easy to use and provides great value for the money. It speeds the time I need to handle recorded interviews. There's no comparison to what I did prior to Sonix, which was grinding it out on my computer with earbuds on.

Cons

Occasionally, but not often, it seems to crash, but no data is lost and all I have to do to fix the system is to return to home page and re-click on the recording. Takes just a few mins but can be irritating.

David V.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Huge time-saver for transcribing videos

Reviewed on 2021/01/16

A very straightforward and smooth process: create (trial) account -> upload video(s) -> choose the source language -> get notified by email when the transcription is ready -> easily edit while quickly navigating in the video / or script -> download.

Pros

Upload a video. Wait a tiny bit for the magic to happen. And there it is: a rough transcript of the video which you can easily adapt in user friendly interface. The level of transcription is highly accurate, but of course depends on the quality of the sound. And let's not forget, about the pronunciation of the persons talking.
The option to download as doc, srt and other formats makes the rest of the editing flow even faster.
Transcribing video to text could not be more convenient.

Cons

Nor remarks, I did not encounter any disadvantage or flaw.

• Industry: Computer Games

Sonix is a full-preview of Future Technology, it becomes really amazing to transcribe audios

Reviewed on 2019/07/09

I am a youtuber and I upload short movies based on Video Games and it generally becomes compulsory for me to give subtitles to the videos manually and Sonix works for me very well. Also, I am a part-time writer and Blogger and most of the times, it becomes boring to write those long lines and pages, here again Sonix works for me to transcribe my own recorded audio files.

Pros

I am a Game Developer and film-maker, I generally upload my game videos on YouTube and it is really very much important for me to provide subtitles on my videos but it becomes way boring to write all the subtitles when the Video is really lengthy and sometimes it also becomes impossible to write everything in time, So in this case Sonix is the best software for me to use and transcribe all my Audio and video files and get them in written formats so that I could easily check them and place them on my videos, this whole process becomes so much easy and interesting. Transcribing an audio or video file doesn't actually takes more time than expected when using Sonix and this is the best second most important point that I would prefer everyone to once give it a try as Sonix provides a 30 minute free trial for newbies and after that, it will be paid but still a convenient way. Sonix doesn't always provides 100% accuracy but still we get atleast 80-90% accuracy rate or even more but to get everything working correctly, Sonix provides a feature of doing corrections manually and when doing so, when we select a mistaken word the audio or video file continues exactly from there irrespective of where it was before. Sonix has a nice and easy to understanding interface which gives it a charm look and makes the mood of doing the work.

Cons

Though, there's nothing bad about Sonix but there could be some instances when transcribing an audio becomes hard as it becomes laggy when using a heavy audio file. Also, they should provide a longer trial duration so that newbies can learn if they should use it or not.

Danh N.
  • Industry: Photography

Works as advertised if not better

Reviewed on 2020/09/03

Pros

Our company was looking for a way to quickly transcribe videos accurately, effectively, and quickly as we were on a time crunch. Sonix came through in a big way. The customer service team is extremely friendly and helpful. The ease of use of the software is straightforward with no major snags that I can remember. Our team was so impressed with how quickly the transcription was done and accurately upon receiving it. Our team went through line by line to check for any inconsistencies and we could not find any. I am beyond impressed with it and can't recommend it enough.

Cons

The pricing is a bit confusing but that is a very minor issue if I can even call it that. If they could simplify it then it would be perfect. There is the monthly subscription which gives you access to the transcription services which is billed based on usage. I understand that they do this so you don't pay for a transcription service which you may not need but then you are paying for a subscription already so it would just make sense to pay once for everything. But again, this is a very minor issue that doesn't take away from the terrific service it already provides.

Richard M.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Really works as advertised!

Reviewed on 2020/07/26

We were transcribing approx 5-10 minutes of audio everyday and it was the fastest, easiest and most economical of all of the transcription programs we demoed. I highly recommend!

Pros

The great thing about SONIX is the interface and transcription are easy and quick. Several of us in different cities needed access to the transcription and it was easy to share.

Cons

There really were no cons for us. We used it to transcribe scripts for syndicated radio replay and it was easy.

Olivier F.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

A godsend service boosting my productivity and alleviating a major source of stress in my life.

Reviewed on 2020/09/13

A transcription that normally takes me a whole day or sometimes two in my first language is over in 1 or 2 hours (depending on the length of the clip). I have used audio clips and video clips and have yet to see any major issues there. Granted most of the sound in these clips is taken with directional microphones, I am still impressed at how much it is able to pick up.

Pros

I am very impressed at the quality of the transcriptions. I have so far used it in three languages (English, Japanese and French) and they have been the most accurate I have seen around. As a freelancer here in Tokyo I also like the option of buying time by the hour as I don’t always need to transcribe on a regular basis. Also love the time code option

Cons

There were a few weird linguistic glitches which needed to be cleaned up later (such as foreign loan words in Japanese - such as diversity and inclusion which came out as totally different words) but that is sort of to expected for automatic transcriptions. (I presume this will improve over time?).

María magdalena Z.

Not the best, but worth a try!

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

Pros

It's an really good web editor. Innovative with SEO friendly media embeds, and provides good automated service with a nice group of editing tools.

Cons

Prices are high prices and its performance could be iffy, unreliable if you work with complex files.

Response from Sonix

Sonix works best with high quality audio. If you audio has background noise, people talking over each other, or strong accents, the resulting transcript will be affected. We published this page to help users capture clear audio: https://sonix.ai/greataudio

Tyas P.
  • Industry: International Affairs

Amazing Transcription Service-Tool

Reviewed on 2019/09/28

As a student, I often do research on several topics, and I use the services provided by Sonix to get all the transcriptions for my research analysis material.

Pros

It's very easy to use, just by entering a few topics and keywords a very high-quality transcription will appear!

Cons

Sometimes transcriptions that appear repeatedly and do not fit the topic but only occur if the topic being discussed is indeed less focused and too general

Conor L.

Great experience using this product so far. Sonix has been reliable and accurate every time.

Reviewed on 2017/10/28

I've been using it for recording interviews. The recording, transcribing, and editing functions are really great.

Pros

I love the editing function. Being able to click on a word and have the audio automatically sync with where you've clicked is a very useful feature. I also just really like the user-interface. I've been using this for journalism interviews, and it's been really reliable.

Cons

There were some problems with downloading the audio using a firefox browser. I couldn't get it to work. But actually this ended up being a "pro" after all, because it made me realize how awesome the support is at sonix: I emailed them about it and they got back to me with helpful feedback and worked it out right away. Great stuff.

Pat V.
  • Industry: Translation & Localization
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Perfect help

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Better than I expected. Saved me days of laborious work.

Pros

It helped me subscribe hours of non-native speeches and focus groups, where x people were talking at the same time... amazing!

Cons

All perfect. There was nothing to complain about.

Francesco P.
  • Industry: International Affairs

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

Pros

Easy to learn, easy to use, very useful in case of short time to elaborate documents

Cons

Italian language is OK, but could be better :-)

• Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

An awesome DIY transcript program

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Transcribing podcasts for posting on the blog.

Pros

Sonix is one of those rare programs that works so well that I can hardly find any faults with it. It's such a great interface because not only does it turn an MP3 into words on a page, it lets you edit in real time to fix any of the expected glitches the AI missed.

Cons

It doesn't render all voices perfectly, requiring some manual editing. I'd be amazed if it was able to do that, but maybe as AI improves.

Patrick V.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

My experience

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

Excellent

Pros

Correct transcription, ease of use, the 30 free minutes to test, the affiliate program

Cons

Once, a transcript error for a video coming from Youtube, the button turned red with Error on it

Iva A.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Excellent Transcription

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

I am so happy that I used Sonix, it saved me a lot of work.

Pros

This software was easy to upload and edit.

Cons

Some of the words were difficult to make sense of as my participants talked to fast or did not speak clearly.

Excellent! Super easy to use and cuts our team's time in half. High recommend.

Reviewed on 2017/10/21

Higher productivity. I save time (more than half) and can get my projects done faster.

Pros

Our marketing and communications team uses it for customer interviews and analyst calls. It is incredibly easy to use and just works. Love that we can edit the transcription afterwards too.

Cons

Our team loves it. This is more of a request but would like the ability to highlight sections of the transcript.

Craig R.

Love It! Straight Forward & Easy To Use

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

We often conduct dense and long interviews. Sonix really helps streamline our workflow.

Pros

Intuitive and easy to use. Great quality transcription. Easy pay as you go model. Your search is over.

Cons

No complaints. No need to go anywhere else.

Sam T.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Impressive, Accurate, Automated transcription services

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

automation

Pros

Quick and easy to upload a file (including uploading time), super easy to edit transcription. Cheap as chips, blazing speed and robot transcribing audio

Cons

User interface: perhaps make full use of the monitor screen, found a fair amount of white (wasted) space.

Ron M.

Top Notch

Reviewed on 2020/09/03

It was great and I will continue to use and recommend

Pros

The software is very easy to use and pretty accurate

Cons

There was nothing that I disliked. I enjoyed the experience.

Barry D.

Does what it says - accurately

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Pros

Ability to add subtitles to video's
Ability to edit the transcriptions

Cons

Nothing. It was easy to use and worked well.

Michele A.
  • Industry: Research

Easy and accurate

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

Pros

It's intuitive interface, accuracy and relatively easy pricing model.

Cons

Nothing really. it does what it promises.

Claudia M.

A fantastic service! Must try it....

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

I am very pleased Sonix is now offering a pay-as-you-go option.

Pros

I loved the ease in receiving a near-perfect transcription.

Cons

The monthly cost when I did not use it. However this has now changed and there is a new option plan.

Adrian H.
  • Industry: Accounting

2 hours of interview now typed rubbish

Reviewed on 2020/01/01

Living in the UK I used this to transcribe a 2 hour discussion about local history. Lapel mics meant it was a good quality recording. When selecting the language of the audio I chose English. The only option had a USA flag. I wonder if results might be better with an American voice?
After paying $20 - a price I was happy to pay - I have a long transcript of rubbish. It bears little resemblance to the audio!
I will finish with an example.
"He has two daughters lovely visited the farm. So it's going to be what for either one of them but it also has a bungalow that he built ice and knock knock her way in Castle Rock selection for a while. I'm on my best friend from schools from Casa Loma, so, I don't know but I don't know that I don't know the name. Well, it's just one of those it was country."

Pros

Easy to set up account and upload audio file. Good range of pricing options including for occasional user. Speed of results. A two hour interview (lapel mics for the 2 speakers) was back to me inside the hour.

Cons

The most important bit - very inaccurate typed record. Correcting it would take me much longer than starting and finishing the job myself.

Brandon O.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Incredible program and brilliant customer service

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

I’ve used it for over 100 hours of interviews for various projects, specifically our podcast Telephone Stories: The Trials of Michael Jackson, which is airing on Luminary - any time I’ve had an issue, they’re customer service has been prompt, personal and grateful for my business.

Pros

Sonix is very easy to use - and compared to AI software I’ve tried much more accurate with transcriptions - and the turnaround continues to become faster.

Cons

The only issue with the software - and I think it’s more of just the ability to read the sometimes difficult change between speakers when uploading an interview is breaking dialogue paragraphs when one speaker is done and telling the difference. This may likely change as technology grows.