MobileServe Reviews

Volunteer Management Software

4.4/5 (116 reviews)
Ladona A.

Quick and easy communication with groups and individuals!

Reviewed on 2017/08/10

The students can take it with them and be accountable to get the signatures and keep a running log of their hours.
I did miss emails sometimes to go in an sign-off as an advisor for some of the students and it threw them behind on knowing how many hours counted for them. We did get a bit better over time with them reminding me.

Pros

Having the students to be organized and accountable on the spot with their Community Service hours is fantastic! Being able to keep in contact with so many people in so many different places at one time, ease of use, and user-friendly updates from our suggestions are all fantastic.

Cons

Getting the students to consistently use it to track their hours and would love a quick-high school friendly tutorial within the app. so they could learn how to use it quickly.

Ashley M.

Great, but a few ideas

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Pros

- The app is so easy for the students to use.
- I love being able to set goals.
- This saves so much time compared to having to input all of their information into a spreadsheet.

Cons

- It would be nice to create a report & save the parameters, so I don't have to run and edit reports over and over again.
- It would be helpful if the Bulk Create had a drop down list of the students within the organization so I could just go down the list and check the students it applied to instead of having to key in each name.
- Allow the option of putting multiple dates, or a range of time, for a service entry
- Allow admins to add locations that their students use regularly.
- It would be nice if, when viewing a submitted service activity, I could click their name and be taken to their account so I can confirm that they already haven't received credit for that event.
- It would be nice if the home screen that the students see could include their active goal totals instead of their overall total. I had a lot of problems with students thinking that they had completed their hours for the year since it was the total and not the hours from the goal they were working on.
- It would also be nice if the end date of the goal showed up on the goal tracker.
- Would it be possible to have the date a specific goal ends, but allow the admin to set an later date that they can input hours? For example: there are always a few students who turn their remaining hours in late. So though they are due on say Dec 7, I take late hours until finals. I would prefer not to change the date for all students, but I do need to be able to add late hours so they show up in the goal report.

Kari S.

This has streamlined so much for our service program.

Reviewed on 2017/08/18

It allows us to begin tracking our students' service experiences from their very first day at our school until their last four years down the road. I especially appreciate what it allows us to track with our multi-faceted senior level semester long projects.

Pros

I appreciate that Mobile Serve listens to our concerns and actively works to update the functionality of the app. It has grown so much in the short time we've used it!

Cons

There are some features with sorting that could be improved, but otherwise, anytime we've had a suggestion they have been more than willing to work with us to either find a solution as is or to adapt the program to suit our needs.

Dustin S.

Reviewed on 2019/01/21

It's an added hastle to have to track all volunteer hours manually, so why not give that responsibility to the volunteer and that saves SO much time for the coordinator of the event/program. Customer Service has always been great and I love that it all started as an idea in the YMCA! I have suggested it to numerous facilities and organizations to help track their volunteers! :)

Pros

The ability to have the volunteers track their own hours and the verification processes. Attaching location, adding photos, signature feature, and the email. Very helpful there are options!

Cons

The color scheme. To be honest, it's hard to see sometimes due to the lack of contrast. White and very light baby blue is very hard to read.

Jillian C.

It's easier to track service at our school

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

Overall, I like it, because it's made it possible to track service in our school! I hope that users are offered more flexibility so that we can configure it in a way that will save us time.

Pros

Students and faculty can easily put in entries when they do service, and we can easily verify it through email.

Cons

Going through entries and approving or rejecting entries is a pain! I wish that you could have required fields. For example, I wish that users had to put in an email address in order for MobileServe to accept an entry. I also wish that I could choose how to organize the entries, and that it would stay like that.

I also hate that you have to choose a category in order to reject or accept an entry.

These things seem small, but they add up, and make using it much more time-consuming that we'd predicted!

Kelsey M.

Easy to integrate, easy to understand regardless of level of abilty with technology

Reviewed on 2017/08/10

More participation from the members and more desire from members to log their hours and activities

Pros

How much it simplified everything for the philanthropy chair from dashboard to reports. It made calculating totals and ensuring members were reaching their goals 10 times easier. It allowed for me as the philanthropy chair to monitor over time rather than checking every six months as we had done prior to the product. Being able to monitor in real time allowed for me to connect with members who might not have been reaching their goals.

Cons

None, the only hard part was getting our members to WANT to use it but once they did use it and saw how great the product was they loved it.

Kyle E.

MobileServe for School Environment

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Our overall experience with MobileServe has been awesome. Support has been quick via email and phone calls and MobileServe has always been willing to help and hear us out. Thank you so much MobileServe, we hope to continue our partnership and grow with you guys for many more years to come!

Pros

I like the ease of use of the MobileServe App on our students iPad's and the customization abilities as a MobileServe administrator on the back-end. This has helped us eliminate stacks of paper that required manual entry into a spreadsheet for 2000+ students. Thank you MobileServe.

Cons

The initial registration process for students was a little cumbersome as it required a code sent via email. Students tried to register without the email (which worked) but it didn't place them in a grade level, then they would go through their email to register and the system would say the account was already created under that email. Not a big issue as most students followed directions and registered using the initial email sent to them by MobileServe.

Grace B.

Through the KY YMCA, I have utilized MobileServe as a tool to log hours for Y-Corps. I love it!

Reviewed on 2017/08/31

I am able to track all my community service and access it at any time. I also love that I can share my service stories!

Pros

I love that it is easy to access my community service involvement. My most favorite thing about this software is the story telling involved. I love that I can go back and look at stories of service. Pictures included are also a great plus! I love that I can share pictures of service, rather than gloating them on social media.

Cons

I feel that it can be timely. I find myself in a habit of "stocking" my hours and submitting them all at one time for the week or month. I also wish there was a way to go back and plug in pictures from service.

Lauren K.

I used this app to log hours for classes and it was easy to use

Reviewed on 2017/09/14

I got an easy way to log service hours that kept me up to date with my progress. It was really accessible and the app helped me regulate my time and see how much longer I have until I reached my goal. I also found that the app was well received by the people I was volunteering with and overall I really enjoyed using it.

Pros

I like the simple set up, and the easy ways to log the hours. Getting a signature and adding a geotag were useful additions that helped my overall experience.

Cons

Sometime the software would glitch or the signature on the mobile phone wouldn't work right and that was frustrating but it was nothing major.

Gary L.

Mobile Serve has taken our community service program to a whole new level!

Reviewed on 2017/08/11

Pros

As the director of our school's community service program, I find the ease-of-use to be excellent. Students appreciate the ability to log hours right from their phones - and even post pictures of their service experience. I like the real time response; students can know their up-to-date service hours totals as fast as they can check a text message! I love the reports that can be produced from the admin side. The communications features are nice too; I can push out a service opportunity for my students (and receive responses) at any time with one entry on my dashboard

Cons

Honestly, most of the bugs were in the first few months of launching Mobile Serve in our school and support always responded quickly to my help requests. The only thing I can think of now is that there is no current way to archive sub groups - though I've heard they're working on it.

Easy to Use Volunteer Service Tracking System

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

MobileServe has been very open to my suggestions and ideas as they continue to develop their product. I have been happy with it.

Pros

I appreciate the clean layout and accessible search features offered by MobileServe. I find it very easy to search data by user name and filter it by dates. I have over 200 users I keep track of, so this software makes it easy.

Cons

I do not like that, at this time, I cannot edit user profiles myself but have to contact Customer Service and have them do it. They are always helpful about doing it, but I'd rather have the ability to do it myself.

High School use of Mobile Serve

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

It has overall been a positive move. It makes performing service hours quite easier.

Pros

I liked that it really helps me save time and gives me an accurate account of where everyone stands with hours in each class. I do like the Dashboard.

Cons

When I check the students hours I have to remember to make sure I put in the starting date. One of my teachers cannot get into mobile serve to check her students. No one has been able to assist us. Some of the student have difficulty in linking their hours to my dashboard.

Cortney L.

MobileServe has changed the game for us!

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

The customer service that I have experienced while working with MobileServe has been top-notch! I would recommend that to anyone tracking service hours!

Pros

This software is extremely user-friendly for our students, Community Partners, and system administrator.

Cons

The lack of an ability to make certain fields of the entries required for our students.

Lyndsey L.

MobileServe is great for keeping track of service opportunities and hours that you have completed!

Reviewed on 2017/09/03

With MobileServe, I don't have to write down my service hours or try to think back and count hours. It's all in one place for me.

Pros

I like that all of my volunteer information is in one place and I can keep track of how many hours of service I have completed without having to think back to the last few months every time I need to know how much service I have done.

Cons

I need to complete a number of service hours per semester, so the only thing that I don't like about MobileServe is that each semester I can't set a date to count my hours from. My home screen shows me all of the hours I've ever completed, so if I need to see how many I've completed each semester, I have to go the activity log and count the hours between two dates rather than being able to click on certain semesters and seeing how much I completed in that time period.

David B.

MobileServe Feedback

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

We are improving our tracking of service hours in our community.

Pros

MobileServe is very user friendly. It did not take very long to master the different features. The customer support is also a pro.

Cons

There are a few features that would help our staff take more advantage of this tool.

Jonet W.

Very easy to keep track of hours love it

Reviewed on 2017/09/01

Keeping track of all activity

Pros

Very easy to keep track of volunteer hours. It's great to see how many hours I have put in.bi really enjoy the site.

Cons

Click in and out to put in Al the volunteer hours I have done. I would like to click once and put as many hours as at once

Nicole F.

We Are #Blessed

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

MobileServe is heaven-sent. We've struggled with recording and organizing all our philanthropy, service, and study hours for years -- we had even given up some of our service goals just because it was impossible to keep track -- but then MobileServe came along. Just minutes into the the pitch, we were sold. It's become our one-stop shop. We use it for all our events, so all the information is in one place, people can RSVP, and it automatically sends reminders. We log everything on there too. Instead of using Google Documents that people always forget to update, everyone logs their service or study hours right then and there. Plus, we ask everyone to geo-verify so we can keep people accountable. We just got started with MobileServe a month or two ago, so all 150+ chapter members are still getting the hang of it, but we've already seen so much improvement. We could not recommend it more strongly.
In terms of administration, the company is always developing and adding features, and they have been really receptive to our needs. They have made sure that we figure everything out. Mobile-Serve is a great company, through and through. 10/10 Would Recommend.

Pros

You can log and organize almost anything!

Cons

Some features are still being developed.

Brad H.

MobileServe has allowed me to track my students hours and to empower them to take responsibility.

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Pros

I like how easy the software is accessible and that students can use them on any devices. One of my favorite features is the photo upload. I have been able to see the students in action.

Cons

They are still updating the software to continue to make it easier to use, but sometimes it is not as easy to navigate as I would like. They are very helpful if you have any issues.

MobileServe Review

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/01/25

This has been great for our High School Community Service program - and has given us the opportunity to expand in new ways!

Pros

I like how easy it is for our students to use the App to get notified about service opportunities & to track their hours. It is also great for us to keep record of what students are involved in what.

Cons

There are sometimes small technical glitches that make it hard for us to create repeated events, find old events, etc. However, Customer Service has always been great!

Jessica H.

Starpoint HS National Honor Society

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

Wonderful. I look forward to closing out our first school year with MobileServe! My building principal is so impressed by the software and he wants to roll it out to every student in the school.

Pros

In the past I have had our students submit their service hours through a physical form. It became not only tedious for myself as the adviser, but also the students. Tallying how many approved hours they had before graduation took me WEEKS. Mobile Serve is a huge time saver for everyone.

Cons

As of now, I cannot find any real complaints about the software. Any issues I've had is user errors that I was able to solve with my students through trial-and-error.

Natalie R.

Streamlined a very arduous process

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

Pros

MobileServe has taken what was previously a huge headache and streamlined it into a smooth process for both administrators and students. before Mobile Serve, I spent so much time tracking down hours and students. Other softwares I had tried before were clunky and couldn't generate reports quickly or at all. Not only is MobileServe easy for me to use, I haven't had to explain how to use the software to students at all, it is so intuitive!

Cons

I wish there had been a way for students to be on boarded, rather than the students having to create their own accounts.

Mallory G.

MobileServe is AMAZING! I have so much more time now!

Reviewed on 2017/08/15

Pros

This company is incredible. The staff is friendly and quick to reply to questions. I have had incredible support along the way. I also really appreciate the program. It has freed up hours of daily work for me by digitizing our record keeping and communication portals. I'll have instant data. It's user-friendly and simple. It's very affordable. It's just incredible. I can't imagine NOT having this program!

Cons

Honestly, I haven't met any challenges yet. Getting it set up and running took some time, but it's worth it.

Jessica Z.

This has been an extremely useful service for our sorority by allowing us to easily log our hours.

Reviewed on 2017/09/11

Pros

I like that this software is easy and quick to use when logging my service hours versus previous programs we have used. I also appreciate how the program goes a step further by asking the user to describe their experience of volunteering. Putting the focus on why you volunteered and what you got out of it rather than just having you put in your hours.

Cons

I think one Thing that needs to be worked on is a better layout of the screens because I think a more modern format would help make it an even better product.

Lindsay G.

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

Pros

The ease of organizing service hours for each of the students.

Cons

We had some issues with email addresses early on, but those were quickly resolved by the excellent customer service team!

Laura F.

Service Hours

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

I think it is a wonderful tool especially for teachers and students. This way the students have the app right on their phone and can receive a signature right away for their service hours.

Pros

I really like that Mobile Serve is electronic, it is very easy for teachers to track service hours this way.

Cons

As I was checking in the service hours I had to click on each one and then go back to another student. I am aware I can click on multiple and approve the hours, however if I do it that way I cannot see what the students actually did.