MindSalt Reviews

MindSalt

Web-based time & expense tracking software

4.7/5 (17 reviews)
Donna B.

Mindsalt Review

Reviewed on 2016/11/11

Mindsalt is a great "off the shelf" time reporting system. The base system has diverse functionality for creating multiple projects, tasks/functions, assigning task functions to staff, manager review and reports. Customer services has been exceptional from response time to problem solving. My recent experience with customer service caused me to go from a loyal customer to a more loyal customer.

Pros

All of the base functionality, ease of use. Reports are great. Ability to assign staff to one project only so when they log on they only see the project they are assigned.

Cons

It would be great if administrator when using an app could perform administrator functions. When accessing via the app, functionality is limited to user interface for entry. It would be great that once a project and functions are assigned to staff by administrator that when the time sheet is viewed by user, all assigned task functions are loaded and viewed by user as opposed to having to having to select from pull down each time.

Yves P.

We are using Mindsalt for years to track our consultant's Timesheets and Travel Expenses.

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

The friendly UI is a true time saver. It is very easy and fast to export the data we capture to our information system.

Pros

Fresh and responsive UI as well as the ability to export both Timesheet and Travel Expenses with all attribute that are required by our analytical and accounting systems. The customer support responsiveness and the ability to fit the timesheets to our business model were key in our decision.

Cons

We had to choose between a weekly or monthly view of the timesheets. For some reasons, it is a structuring parametrization we cannot change by ourself. We would prefer to provide our users with the ability to change it by themselfes at any time.

Reb G.

Solid, easy to use time keeping

Reviewed on 2016/11/10

We tried many time-keeping solutions for our consulting / engineering firm, and finally landed on this one. It's quite easy to to administer, add jobs, and also to review & edit subordinates' hours. Nice iPhone interface too. We use it in our six-person firm, but could see this scaling up or down quite nicely. I do wish that entries could be moved from date to date and duplicated more easily, but these are minor concerns.

Pros

Easy to administer, easy to use for time entry too.

Cons

Reporting can be daunting to configure; can't move a time entry to another date - need to re-create it. Also would like an offline entry for iPhone (catch up on entries when I'm flying etc.).

Charles P.

Legal Services

Reviewed on 2016/11/09

I have been using MindSalt for my timekeeping and billing ever since I opened my one-man law office in 2008. It's been a perfect fit ... my clients get a monthly invoice, detailing time and expenses together with applicable taxes, and I'm able to send out invoices by email. The monthly fee to MindSalt is very reasonable; and all the work is done "in the cloud," no need for me to purchase an expensive accounting/billing system. Thanks!

Pros

Easy to use, inexpensive, flexible

Cons

a little cumbersome with standard hourly rates

Joseph H.

Great software and support!

Reviewed on 2016/12/05

We evaluated 4 solutions before deciding to go with MindSalt for our time/expense tracking. Hands down MindSalt met and exceeded our requirements. The support was fantastic during our transition period and helped us customize a few reporting scenarios to get us to where we needed to be with some very specific report requirements. There are plenty of reports and thankfully there is a way to select a few as favorites as there are many of them.

Pros

It was easy for our employees to adopt and begin tracking their time. The reports are great and the support is very helpful.

Cons

We're not able to sync expenses with our bank.

Rex P.

if you need a system to manage time recording and billing, this is easy...

Reviewed on 2016/11/10

When we set up our business we needed a time recording system that worked across a number of locations, seamlessly and efficiently - we chose Mindsalt and I am delighted we did.

Pros

simple, reliable, easy to use

Cons

the create an invoice button could be easier to find

Kristen D.

Mindsalt Review

Reviewed on 2016/11/10

Mindsalt has been of great value to our company and we would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for expense reporting.

Pros

ease of use

Cons

the reporting could be better

Shiree N.

Mindsalt puts you mind and wallet at ease

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

This company has been great for our time sheet needs. We have tried other companies but they have either been too expensive or too difficult for users. Mindsalt is both very user friend and cost effective. As one of our employees have said "These time sheets are stupid easy" Which is great when working with people who are not as computer literate.

Pros

Very user-friendly and cost effective

Cons

have not found one yet

Stephen C.

Just What I Was Looking For

Reviewed on 2019/03/13

Needed a simple to use software that can track time and expense and charge to projects. My rates are variable for billing so this enables me to bill out on a project by project basis.

Pros

Everything, the guys that support this product are top notch. They can configure the way you want with a ton of flexibility. Been looking for something like this for a long time. Great product and very configurable.

Cons

Nothing, it's perfect for my needs. I can say that there are no negatives for my application.

Kate G.

Does exactly what we need, and customer support did a great job making it so.

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

This is exactly what we need to track time spent on various projects for our clients in both Canada and the US. It has streamlined our accounting process and makes it easier for us and for our clients.

Pros

The software is easy to use. It was quickly customized for our unique requirements, and has a wide range of functions and reports. The sales and support staff are wonderful to work with.
I also like that it is web based, so I am able to access it anywhere and anytime. This is definitely a plus.

Alan J.

Great for internal costing and chargeback

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2016/11/09

We use Mindsalt to capture internal time for allocating costs out to business units as well as capitalizing labor on large projects. Easy to run reports that you can save with default values so you don't have to re-enter every month. Can have tasks that are capitalizable (billable) and those that cannot (i.e. meetings, vacation). Can group projects by business unit making it simple to produce chargeback reports. Simple and easy to use.

Pros

Easy to use both for technicians and managers

Cons

Really no cons as far as I'm concerned. Does what it's supposed to do and isn't very expensive.

Roger K.

Mindsalt has never let us down

Reviewed on 2016/11/09

The best thing about Mindsalt is it "just works". We have a professional services business so it took about 30 mins to initially configure/customize for all of our unique activities. That was in 2007 and we made a few changes along the way but the system has always provided just what we needed. After adding the scanner app and the mobile interface for iOS, our people just input their expense data anywhere and anytime that it's convenient. No more piles of expense reports and receipts taped to paper in the office. We are 100 % digital. This is a great service at a great price!

Bernadette H.

Just right Web based expense & time tracking for distributed team

Reviewed on 2010/09/14

I recommend this for a distributed team who is web savvy and needs to report time & expense tracking.

Pros

Web based solution for time & expense tracking. Licensed per user, per month. Easy on & off the solutions. The reports give me everything I need as a manager and satisfy client reporting requirements. Email triggers notify the manager when there are reports submitted for review. Good reporting. Timely customer service. Very happy.

Cons

user interface is OK once you are used to it.

D` W.

Easy to use for our HR and client needs

Reviewed on 2016/11/16

We are a small business. We use Mindsalt to track our hours for payroll as well as billing for clients. The system is user-friendly and easy to use. The multiple features allow us to create various ways to filter, make reports, and report hours.

We also like to ability to download reports easily. Mindsalt has been a good resource for us to use.

Sean S.

Great Time Collection Software

Reviewed on 2017/01/05

Mindsalt is a great product for a growing company like ours. The system is very user-friendly and easy to use. The mobile version of the software is very easy to use and a must have for any mobile workforce. The reports provided are very well done and the ability to ask for custom reports is a bonus!

Cori S.

Easy to use, great customer service

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2016/11/09

MindSalt is easy both to set up and administer and to enter time and expenses. The reporting can be a bit clunky; we usually have to export csv files and modify from there. Customer service is speedy and helpful.

Pros

Cons

Clunky reporting

7.0/10

Great UI, and great functionality

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

I am lazy and this makes it easy to log time

Pros

The ui is simple and easy to use. The mobile formatting is great too! The site is well designed overall.