Book Like A Boss

Online appointment booking for service-providing businesses

Yann I.
  • Industry: Online Media

If you're a coach, consultant or podcaster, you need THIS!

Reviewed on 2019/10/02

I had used a few different scheduling tools before switching to Book Like a Boss and I can say without a doubt that Book Like a Boss it's a complete solution to schedule appointments, interviews, and calls for which you need to get paid (like in the case of consultants or coaches).

If someone were to ask me for scheduling tool recommendations, Book Like a Boss would be among my top suggestions.

Pros

I really like the fact that Book Like a Boss can be used in different contexts.

Personally, I've used it as a tool podcast guests could use to schedule interviews, as well as the platform my consulting clients could use to pay for and schedule consulting calls.

In addition to the scheduling features and the ability to get paid BEFORE a client schedules a call (through either Stripe or PayPal), I'm a huge fan of the integrations with platforms like Facebook, Google Calendar and Analytics, Zoom and more, thanks to Zapier.

Cons

This is a small con but it has to do with the formatting of a Zapier integration between Book Like a Boss and a project management tool like Trello.

With other scheduling tools, you can have the questions and answers included in a form being displayed with a nice 'question and answer' format in Trello (through a Zapier's zap). With Book Like a Boss, however, the formatting for this automation isn't good and all the questions are displayed somewhere one after the other and same for the answers (instead of having a format question A - answer A; question B - answer B, etc.)

Charlene C.

BLAB is the Boss!

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

I LOVE IT! I have used other schedulers and this is by far the most versatile. It works for me and that's all that matters.

Pros

The ease of set up from start to finish is a major plus, especially for those less tech saavy. It is a simple yet a robust and effective tool for many different industries, whether they sell products or services. The various integrations are easy to set up, even for a beginner. Support and ongoing development are terrific. It has changed so much from inception - all for the better.

Cons

The only glitch I have found is for the a series of services requiring payment or scheduling. I have done a work around which is ok, though it requires a manual send versus an automatic one. Not a big deal for me, but it may be for bigger companies.

the best

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

am in love with this software

It is much better than the competition, many more options and offers a more professional look

multitude of configuration options
customizable aspects
dating function
service sales function
It is a personal services website

Cons

I have nothing to object against this program
There is no perfection but this program is very very close

• Industry: Individual & Family Services

SO happy to be using Book Like A Boss!

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

It has been a joy to have online scheduling for my clients now!
It's easier on both sides of the experience. My clients appreciate being able to book their sessions when it works for them AND to get their payments taken care of up front. It's also been great for me in better managing my schedule.

Thank you to the Book Like A Boss team! You are so very appreciated!

Pros

I like the customization. There are so many ways to make this compatible with my branding.

I also like the scheduling options - being able to set up time cushions between sessions, sync with my Google calendar, etc.

I especially LOVE that bookings can be pending approval! And that I can override and schedule clients earlier if I need to.

And the best thing is about this service is that their team actually LISTENS to their customers. They are very communicative and responsive, which is a big deal these days. Great customer service!

Cons

It can be a bit challenging to set up the services. I wish there were categories for the services, and I wish we could set up events & class series (multiple events in one series) more easily. It takes a bit to set up, but it is worth it once it's done.

Split payment would also be a nice addition - to be able to have clients pay with deposits for large ticket services or to have installment payments.

It would also be good to have more customization of the reminder emails sent to clients. I'd love to be able to put additional information into those emails.

But again, what's great about this company is that they LISTEN to their customers, and they're making some of these requested changes (the ones in high demand, anyway). The team is very communicative and responsive.

Cheryl M.

Great Scheduling and Booking System that really does it All

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

The ability to have one stop shopping allows me to send contracts and payment links to clients and then I can embed the scheduling link to automatically appear once they pay and receive the thank you for payment message. It created a seamless workflow and saved me a lot of time with the back and forth of scheduling and paying. I also love the ability to have the automatic and manual bookings so that I can decide whether to accept the appointment and respond with a message as to why I might want to reschedule. My clients love the way the system works and have also indicated they have looked into becoming customers of Book Like a Boss.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to set up, easy to customize, decent price, great service, always improving. I can easily preview my changes, copy links and paste back and forth into texts and emails on the go from my ipad or cell phone. I can make all changes to my account easily through mobile devices. I travel quite a bit so having to wait to return to my desktop computer is not always efficient in running a business. I love the flexibility of being able to use this system from any device. The integration of multiple payment systems was a wonderful improvement and it allowed me to put all of my scheduling and booking needs in one place. The customization feature also allowed me to have a consistent branding approach.

Cons

I would love to be able to connect more than one type of credit card merchant. I use both square and stripe and am limited to using one in this system. Not a big deal but not ideal.

Angel P.
  • Industry: Hospitality

All the options that you need for your business's bookings

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

Good, they answer your questions in their facebook group on the same day. Very good customer service

Pros

I like how you can personalize so much everything about your bookings. The level of complexity you can achieve with your booking is amazing. For those of us that started from the beginning, the growth in complexity levels has been adopted very well. For the news users, I recommend go through their library of vlogs about how it works because it is a very powerful tool and it does what it claims with honors.

Cons

As one of the early adopters, I suffered from some delays in the new features. That's probably my only complaint -not anymore because now it is more than I've asked for-

Jonathan M.

Scheduling with Style

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

Wonderful company, great team of people behind the product - offers good flexibility for those wanting to display their schedule on their own site or on an included bookme url

Pros

I love how this tool also gives users a dashboard to display their services - works great for people and entrepreneurs who haven't the time, skill or money to put a website up

Cons

The interface for setting up various services is a little clunky and poorly laid out in a few places - it could also use some additional features like polling for group meetings

Cybil S.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

It's A Work in Progress

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Overall BLAB is a good system and great for the cost. It's super easy to use and the BLAB developers are working hard to improve it all the time. Their Facebook customer support and community is invaluable for finding workarounds, discussing bugs, and talking about what we wish we had on BLAB next. The BLAB team is an active part of the community and also responds in decent time to any tech/bug queries via the website.

Pros

I like how easy it is to set up and get running. On the backend, it took me almost no time to get basic functionality working. On the front end for my clients love how easy it is to use.

Cons

That I don't have enough control over how people book. I really need a product that has coded for more complex bookings. I run a spa and this system needs a TON of workarounds. I feel a lot of it is lazy coding that just wasn't thought through.

For example the SMS system texts clients reminders for their appts, but it doesn't include the time in it. This just seems lazy. Also they, thankfully added approval options to the booking so that users have to get the booking approved, but that doesn't seem to be the case when a client reschedules. Why? I need all my appts to get approval - esp the rescheduled ones! These are just a few of the booking holes I've come across.

I could go on, but in general if you understand that the BLAB team is working on these issues you know what you're getting into.

Jonnie J.

Great service - great support - I love it

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

Does what it says on the tin. Easy to use. Nice personal customer service from the team that actually built it. Has never let me down.

Pros

Book Like A Boss is such a great product. The ability to set up both paid and free appointments is really handy - especially with the payment solution baked in. It connects up to lots of service direct and can also link to Zapier for other requirements.
More than anything the service is excellent. I use it and I recommend it all the time.

Cons

Perhaps your main homepage gets a bit cluttered when you have lots of options for people to choose. However I normally link direct to the specific meeting choice so not really a factor.

Louise E.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Book Like a Boss is like my business in a box

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

Book Like a Boss has simplified and streamlined my booking and scheduling process. I almost don't need a website any more and have, in fact, considered not using my website any more for a while. The look is beautiful and it just works really well.

Pros

I love the ease of use and how it integrates seamlessly with my other products such as Mailchimp.

Cons

Erm I really find it difficult to find anything to criticize.

Rita S.
  • Industry: Design

Best Scheduler

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

I love that I can send people to schedule an appointment easily. And I can also create products to promote that they can purchase with ease. I also like that I can connect my Zoom account and provide the call information immediately.

Pros

BLAB has so many features that I love. You can easily link your calendar along with adding products and setting up calls easily. As a branding expert, I love that you can also brand it to match your personal branding creating a cohesive experience for users.

Cons

I have zero complaints. It is so easy to use and meets all of my needs.

Ravi K.

Good for Appointment Booking,but Could be Better

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

It is a good tool to schedule your calendar but could be better if it provides necessary features like customer verification and messaging to mobile on the confirmation.

Pros

Creating and Scheduling Booking Appointment Calendar within required timeslots along with the Profile showcase is good for Branding.

Cons

Customer Details verification, user interface and missing some important features.
It doesn't have any validation to a customer who fills appointment form and it results in lot of junk data for creators.
It has missed some necessary features like integration with major payment service providers in countries like India and it should have a better user interface inside the tool

• Industry: Publishing

Great for Classes/Groups, Not-So-Great for 1:1 Coaches

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

I really wanted Book Like A Boss to replace Acuity Scheduling as my scheduling software especially as the pricing is so much more competitive. However, for my needs (1:1 consulting/meetings), it's just not up to the task.

Pros

The UI is smooth and simple, the team behind it is committed, and it's ease of set-up with WordPress is helpful.

Cons

The integration with Google Calendar is clumsy and adding or editing an appointment from the back end is cumbersome and doesn't activate reminder emails/SMS... an essential feature of this service.

Sara F.

Easy, good value

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

I see most of my clients by video, and when I do have in-person meetings, I needed the padding for commute time. BLAB allows me to customize each type of meeting. I like the short link for specific meetings I can send so someone can book exactly what they need without having to choose

Pros

Fairly intuitive to use. Reasonable amount of features for the price. Has been a lifesaver for me as a solopreneurs

Cons

Early on, had a few issues with integration, but customer service was responsive and there's been lots of improvements since then.

Sarita O.

Best Booking Software

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

I recommend to all of my friends who own a business.

Pros

This booking software serves all of my company's needs. I love the personalized webpage and the fact that my clients receive automatic texts and email reminders.

Cons

No cons. Serves all of my company's booking needs.

Sue W.

Great features and support

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

I needed a good scheduling software that also functioned as a landing page, that would allow flexibility in creating appointments. Book like a Boss does all that!

Pros

I like the flexibility of setting up my calendar, products, and services. Lots of options, clearly laid out.

Cons

The group booking functionality is not as good as it could be. It's like to be able to have a group coaching series of limited duration, say 6 weeks, and that's not easy to set up.

Scott S.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Book Like a Boss is a Great Assistant!

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

I love getting booked faster, more often, and with a smooth and easy process for my clients.

Pros

I was never really much for online scheduling software until I was introduced to Book Like A Boss. For the first time, I saw the depth of the program and how much it could assist me, and take all too often "call-tag" from taking place. It is a convenient way for my clients to schedule and get a hold of me...and me to stop chasing meetings and be more productive.

Cons

The only con is the system is so robust that I haven't learned everything that I can accomplish by using it., I'll get there.,..it's worth it!

Theresa W.

Save Time Emailing Clients for Meetings

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

I've also used setup Book Like a Boss for my clients who wanted to use it schedule paying customers. Customer service and concise to reply to my questions. I'll keep using them to help my clients who need their service!

Pros

Love how simple it is for a client to schedule a meeting that meets THEIR needs without spending multiple emails back and forth determining when we can get together. Clients can even determine who LONG they'd like to meet together. I've tried other similar services like Calandly, but ended up liking Book like a boss much better for their diverse offerings.

Cons

Since all my meetings are online using GotoWebinar, it would be nice to have an automatic setup of the webinar / goto meeting after a client sets a meeting

Diane D.

Best in the category

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

Pros

I've tried LOTS of scheduling tools. The reason I like this one is people get a reminder (I've chosen SMS & email) which significantly reduces no-shows.

I created several links I put on websites, newsletters, emails to help me source how people are finding out about my services.

Cons

It's a bit tricky to set up but their support was helpful.

Sabine O.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Perfect for selling your servive online

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

As a one-woman-show I don‘t habe time to talk to people on the phone just to find the right date for an appointment and to write invoices.
With BLAB my customers can see when I‘m available and book and pay online.

Pros

It‘s easy to use. You don‘t habe to be an IT specialist to set everything up.

Cons

Well, there’s nothing I can think of. Everything runs smoothly.

Debora C.

Better than expected

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

I have purchased other booking programs but not actually used them, they were too complicated and didn't do as promised. Book like a Boss is more user-friendly than others and the finished page the client sees is very professional, looks like you had something custom created just for you. Would recommend to anyone.

Pros

Very professional booking page shown to the customer, user friendly, my clients love it. Clean back office that is easy to navigate, there is a LOT of functionality so a lot to go through, but it also means it can be personalized to suit. Customer service was great when I reached out, they seem to really care that you have a good experience,

Cons

There are many options to choose so you can make this your own, this is great once it is done, but does take some time to go through and choose your settings, I am REALLY happy with it.

Save Time, Simplify Booking, Increase meetings

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

Incredibly simple to set up, updates have been beneficial for group classes / meetings. Integration create a lot of flexibility in setting up business.

Cons

Currently no ability to show calendar as % busy, or select specific dates/times and email them to prospect/client.

Lakshmia F.

The BEST Calender/Scheduling Tool out there!

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Pros

The ability to sell products and services on one page
Made for service providers

Cons

I wish you could integrate the free zoom plan into the calendar.

Response from Book Like A Boss

Hey, great news! You CAN integrate the free zoom version into the calendar!

Thank you for your glowing review!

Ed B.

Book Like A Boss works wonderfully

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

Pros

It's super easy to use and setup. In fact, I can't recall EVER having to contact their support.
You can set up tons of different types of appointments.
Great deal

Cons

Nothing I can think of. It simply works really well.

Cassandra L.

Easiest scheduling tools!

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

I've been able to book out clients with different meeting objectives and also create a seamless client onboarding experience!

Pros

I love that it's customizable and I can put in my brand colors and logos! I also love the fact that I can create different meeting options for my clients and for networking in general.

Cons

In the beginning, the appointments option was a bit confusing and sometimes can be a chore to update.