Book Like A Boss Reviews

Book Like A Boss

Online appointment booking for service-providing businesses

4.8/5 (188 reviews)
Audrey S.

Book Like A Boss is a king within scheduling + selling systems

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

As a mentor and strategist female entrepreneurs, I love the many features included in BLAB. It saves me time in my business through thoughtful automations and integrations.

Pros

I run my two businesses on BLAB. I love how easy it is to use, and the team keeps on adding new features, and how they create tutorials and answer questions when you have any. They keep on improving the tool and it feels like I’m getting a lot of features that save me time on a daily basis. As an online business strategist and business mentor for entrepreneurs, I want to recommend to my clients and community tools from company that keep on delivering great products and keep on improving based on customers feedback. This is what the BLAB team does. As a result, it has made me recommend BLAB to my community and my clients, besides using it myself. Personally, I use it to:
- book potential clients for discovery sessions,
- book current clients for their own Zoom sessions (great Zoom integration!),
- sell webinars and online products.
These are just a few of the ways that I use BLAB and recommend my clients to use it to. I also love the customisable branded links (long + short links), that allow me to run two separate businesses on one BLAB account. It’s made my life a lot easier, and is my virtual assistant for the booking part of my business. I also love that:
- it integrates with my Google calendar (kind of mandatory nowadays for a scheduling system, yet not all provide that),
- I can choose which days I want to work and which not,
- I can choose which appointments I have available for which days,
- The reminders that are sent to people who booked,
- The Paypal integration

Cons

For the way I run my business, I haven’t found any yet. It could perhaps look better. I am using something else for sales pages. Some of my clients are mentioniong they’d love to have CRM included in the tool, but that’s not what BLAB is (yet).

SO happy to be using Book Like A Boss!

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

It has been a joy to have online scheduling for my clients now!
It's easier on both sides of the experience. My clients appreciate being able to book their sessions when it works for them AND to get their payments taken care of up front. It's also been great for me in better managing my schedule.

Thank you to the Book Like A Boss team! You are so very appreciated!

Pros

I like the customization. There are so many ways to make this compatible with my branding.

I also like the scheduling options - being able to set up time cushions between sessions, sync with my Google calendar, etc.

I especially LOVE that bookings can be pending approval! And that I can override and schedule clients earlier if I need to.

And the best thing is about this service is that their team actually LISTENS to their customers. They are very communicative and responsive, which is a big deal these days. Great customer service!

Cons

It can be a bit challenging to set up the services. I wish there were categories for the services, and I wish we could set up events & class series (multiple events in one series) more easily. It takes a bit to set up, but it is worth it once it's done.

Split payment would also be a nice addition - to be able to have clients pay with deposits for large ticket services or to have installment payments.

It would also be good to have more customization of the reminder emails sent to clients. I'd love to be able to put additional information into those emails.

But again, what's great about this company is that they LISTEN to their customers, and they're making some of these requested changes (the ones in high demand, anyway). The team is very communicative and responsive.

Cheryl M.

Great Scheduling and Booking System that really does it All

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

The ability to have one stop shopping allows me to send contracts and payment links to clients and then I can embed the scheduling link to automatically appear once they pay and receive the thank you for payment message. It created a seamless workflow and saved me a lot of time with the back and forth of scheduling and paying. I also love the ability to have the automatic and manual bookings so that I can decide whether to accept the appointment and respond with a message as to why I might want to reschedule. My clients love the way the system works and have also indicated they have looked into becoming customers of Book Like a Boss.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to set up, easy to customize, decent price, great service, always improving. I can easily preview my changes, copy links and paste back and forth into texts and emails on the go from my ipad or cell phone. I can make all changes to my account easily through mobile devices. I travel quite a bit so having to wait to return to my desktop computer is not always efficient in running a business. I love the flexibility of being able to use this system from any device. The integration of multiple payment systems was a wonderful improvement and it allowed me to put all of my scheduling and booking needs in one place. The customization feature also allowed me to have a consistent branding approach.

Cons

I would love to be able to connect more than one type of credit card merchant. I use both square and stripe and am limited to using one in this system. Not a big deal but not ideal.

Casey C.

I've been using book like a boss for close to a year, and love it!

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

I've tried using multiple other calendars (acuity, you can book me, calendly, etc), and love book like a boss over the rest of the other ones. Some of the main points I was looking for were: Facebook pixel integration, ease of use, pretty interface with sections to load content into (videos, images, etc), and robust reminders built in. To my knowledge, this is the only platform that will allow you to embed a Facebook pixel directly within the calendar itself (versus embedding the calendar options via iframe into a landing page that had a pixel on it), so I was sold purely for the ease of retargeting on Facebook right out of the box.

I've been using this calendar tool for over a year now, and I won't go back to anything else - they constantly keep adding new features and upgrades to improve the experience over time.

Pros

- Facebook pixel integration
- texting and email reminders are incredibly robust
- multiple time options and customization for thank you pages
- simple and easy to use interface
- calendar iframe embedding works great

Cons

- Multiple calendar options on the main page can offer too many calendar options to everyone, when you might want to constrain it to certain scenarios
- creating a thank you page redirect requires you to use a different platform versus a built-in native thank you page builder
- simple and easy to use interface doesn't allow for more customization, which can be a blessing and a curse

Kevin M.

An amazing scheduling tool

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

It is so easy to create new appointments and set up all kinds of scheduling parameters with Book Like A Boss. I use it on a daily basis and it gets me out of the back and forth of multiple emails or texts trying to coordinate calendars.

Pros

There is so much to like about Book Like A Boss -- the ease of setting up new appointments and the multiple integrations supported -- calendar syncing, Stripe (for paid services), and probably my personal favorite >> Zoom. In today's world, every conversation I have is face-to-face via Zoom video conferencing. With Book Like A Boss, as soon as someone books an appointment, a Zoom call is booked and call credentials are included with the appointment.

Cons

It's really hard to think of what I like least -- the one thing I'd recommend is thinking about how YOU want to use the tool. The standard options may be nice for some, but I realized the need to simplify and delete many of the "standard options" -- when someone goes to my appointment page...keep it simple and do NOT distract them with other links and options. Just help them book an appointment.

Kim G.

Flexible and versatile

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Easy and branded booking tool: my favorite!
The support team is diligent and solution oriented.

Pros

I recommend Book Like a Boss to everyone that needs a schedule. It's easy to use, tutorials are perfectly done and easy to execute.

I love the booking page, the customizable (branded) links, the rendezvous and the products that we can sell through this software.

We can embed calendars on our website and customize the look.

I love the reminders that are sent to our customers previously to our rendezvous that reduces the "no show".

And lately, the AWESOME feature of fully customized dates makes me sing!!

And lastly, the possibility to create events and sell places makes this tool THE TOOL!

I recommend it to my community!

Cons

The app it's not fully in french yet. Some parts are translated but not everything.

Diana Á.

Amazed by it's customer support

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

I spent too many ours trying to set an appointment with my customers all over the world, really a pain, since I use BLAB I really feel like a boss, I can always send a link with the kind of a meeting my customer needs, and they find themselves their place in my agenda according to my availability (connected to my Google Calendar). I HUGE relieve.

Pros

- They are very fast, efficient and fun to ask for support
- They planned a list of improvements when I got it and they are accomplish what they promised
- It's easy and efficient tool
- It works with Zapier, so I connected it to Mailchimp, and my accounting tool
- They are improving constantly
- They have plenty of tutorials to know how to do the new features
- You can use it as an agenda for payed or free services or downloadable products, for single customer or groups

Cons

- That at first was a bit limited (not anymore)
- I can't see all my services in a short list
- I don't know, I'm sure that if I find something, they'll fix it soon

Michael C.

The ultimate in online booking systems...

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

My experience with Book Like a Boss has been outstanding... the ability to offer clients their own ability to make and cancel appointments without the need to notify me, has saved me many hours in administration every week, giving me more time to focus on services I can offer to enhance profit.

Pros

I have run several small businesses where online booking was the dream... but once I was referred to 'Book Like a Boss' my goal was finally achievable. For the vast majority of purposes this booking system is easy to navigate, offers extensive flexibility and options to bookings for either the individual or group, along with seamless integration to Outlook calendar.

Cons

There are only a few moments of hesitation with this system, where appointments created aren't displayed online until the appropriate links are made through the 'embeds' link, but once this is understood I have found it amazingly easy to created multiple diaries for different days and town in which I work each week.

Jennifer P.

Making so much moolah!

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

I used to spend a ton of time scheduling meetings over email, trying to collect payment, and setting up zoom calls. Now I can share my book like a boss links and people can choose the product and appointment time that's right for them and works within my schedule, and everything is set up automatically. Don't have to mess around with zoom calls, they can reschedule if they need to, I can reschedule them if I need to, and payment is collected at the time that they booked. Now if anybody asks "hey can I book an appointment with you" or "do you have an audit that I can take" or "can I get a coaching call" I can just send them the link and I don't have to spend all this time negotiating over email.

Pros

It's so easy for clients to use to book appointments, audits, and coaching calls. I love that it allows free calls, coupons, and prepayment upon booking. It's helped me get rid of tire kickers and attract serious clients because of the payment feature. Rescheduling is extremely easy for the owner and clients. The zoom integration creates scheduled zoom calls for the bookings automatically, saving me so much time! The automatic appointment reminders have cut down on no-shows!

Cons

The scheduling is a little hard to do with the sliders. I'd love to see all the schedules at a glance instead of having to open each product or appointment to see it's individual schedule if I want to make adjustments.

Aaron K.

The last booking tool you'll ever need

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

I love everything about them. I've replaced Calendly, paypal and checkout pages with them. I just send a client a link to my booking page, they book and pay, and it's all done. Before I had to send them to a checkout page, then once they paid, I'd need to send them a calendly link. It's made scheduling and consulting so much easier. I'm a Boss for life.

Pros

- Customers can pay and book at the same time
- Complete customization of the booking pages
- Granular control over times availability and dates available.
- Can connect my Zoom account, rooms are created automatically
- Can setup as many reminders as I need
- Easy for me or clients to reschedule if needed
- Connects to all my google calendars
- Can connect my own domain

Cons

- can't customize the emails. Not a big deal because I like the emails as they are, but still would like to be able to customize them.

Response from Book Like A Boss

Thank you Aaron, it is truly an honor to have you on board! Keep Rocking the SaaS!

Bryan E.

My #1 online booking recommendation

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

I started using an online booking form for my podcast over 5 years ago. It worked well but eventually I had to move up to a paid plan. Once I found BLAB, I switched over and never looked back. It offered more options and flexibility than my previous booking service and was less expensive. I now book podcast guests, online consultation calls, and more using the same BLAB account. And I can even take payments for paid consultations, all within the BLAB interface.

Pros

I like that I can easily connect multiple calendars and create booking options for a variety of free appointments and paid consultations without paying extra for additional booking pages. The forms are very flexible and can gather the information I need to prepare. Additionally, the reminders are great, the ability to embed a form with custom colors and branding is wonderful, and there are even additional integrations such as Zoom.us booking links and Zapier integrations.

Cons

Because BLAB offers so much, it can be hard to find a single booking page to send a direct link. And the Zapier integration with MailChimp could be a little better.

Cybil S.

It's A Work in Progress

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Overall BLAB is a good system and great for the cost. It's super easy to use and the BLAB developers are working hard to improve it all the time. Their Facebook customer support and community is invaluable for finding workarounds, discussing bugs, and talking about what we wish we had on BLAB next. The BLAB team is an active part of the community and also responds in decent time to any tech/bug queries via the website.

Pros

I like how easy it is to set up and get running. On the backend, it took me almost no time to get basic functionality working. On the front end for my clients love how easy it is to use.

Cons

That I don't have enough control over how people book. I really need a product that has coded for more complex bookings. I run a spa and this system needs a TON of workarounds. I feel a lot of it is lazy coding that just wasn't thought through.

For example the SMS system texts clients reminders for their appts, but it doesn't include the time in it. This just seems lazy. Also they, thankfully added approval options to the booking so that users have to get the booking approved, but that doesn't seem to be the case when a client reschedules. Why? I need all my appts to get approval - esp the rescheduled ones! These are just a few of the booking holes I've come across.

I could go on, but in general if you understand that the BLAB team is working on these issues you know what you're getting into.

6.0/10
Jonnie J.

Great service - great support - I love it

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

Does what it says on the tin. Easy to use. Nice personal customer service from the team that actually built it. Has never let me down.

Pros

Book Like A Boss is such a great product. The ability to set up both paid and free appointments is really handy - especially with the payment solution baked in. It connects up to lots of service direct and can also link to Zapier for other requirements.
More than anything the service is excellent. I use it and I recommend it all the time.

Cons

Perhaps your main homepage gets a bit cluttered when you have lots of options for people to choose. However I normally link direct to the specific meeting choice so not really a factor.

Jennifer G.

A great calendar system for busy professionals

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

As a busy professional, I am always in need of having people schedule meetings and appointments with me. It's very easy for me to turn around and give my BLAB schedule link out to people and let them setup a time for us to meet - in person or on the phone/Zoom, etc.
Having the BLAB program on my site, in my email signature and more allow me to do more with less of the back-and-forth of the "does this time work for you?" emails and lets me focus on the big picture. I can also use these calendars as campaign landing pages with the FB pixels integrated, I can even retarget people who see my page based on where I send them!

Pros

Multiple calendars to allow for mutliple campaigns
Easy integrations with Exchange, iCloud, Google Calendar & More
Integrations with Zoom, Stripe, PayPal
Hidden calendars

Cons

Creating some of the designs for the pages - limiting the number of images in the gallery and branding

Cherlyn C.

This is a great booking system - but just one thing

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/04/26

Good. I just personally preferred a better UI design so I'm with another scheduling software.

Pros

I have the Appsumo Venti plan and I LOVE the brand removal and 100 SMS reminders/mo add-ons!

I've found this software really easy to set up and very robust. It syncs to all of your calendars and also auto-deducts your client's time zones for easy booking. Not just that, you can take payments for appointments (the system integrates with Stripe, Square, & PayPal.)

Even though I won't use this feature, but I appreciate the full pages & lite pages where you get to add in an About Me section, social links, videos and testimonials.

Cons

This is just my personal preference, but user interface of the embedded calendar could use some improvement. I find it too small for my taste and not clear enough about the exact day a client is making the appointment on (the date is clear but not so much the day). This is actually why I'm still with Acuity and paying a monthly subscription.

I was also dissatisfied with the load time of the calendar, though I'm not 100% sure if that has been fixed at the time of this review, which is another reason why I'm still with Acuity.

Imisa S.

Great value that keeps getting better!

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

Saves me so much time, allows me to pre-screen people before booking so I can be sure that they are a fit. It helps me put boundaries around time and makes my clients aware also.

Pros

They truly listen to what customers need and they deliver. The software is easy to learn, looks professional from the end user view, and has so many options. the BLAB team takes feedback on what customers need and they keep adding functionality!

Cons

Just waiting on one function, (that may be on the horizon) so I can be 100% free of needing any other options. There are times when I manually want to schedule​ somebody at a time that I have blocked out. I want to be able to do that on my end, without them being able to choose to later reschedule​ and take a time that I don't want to allow client meetings.

Almost Perfect

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Overall, I've had a positive experience using Book Like a Boss and recommend it.

Pros

I use Book Like a Boss to book demos on a daily basis.

Book Like a Boss works reliably, it's flexible enough to handle most scenarios, and it takes a lot of the work out of scheduling/booking, sending reminder emails, etc. The booking flow is dead simple, and it provides a lot of flexibility in setting your availability.

Cons

My biggest gripe with Book Like a Boss is that they don't really let you customize the reminder emails. Those emails are really full of content and I think the no-show rate is higher because the pertinent information isn't easy to see. If they gave you the ability to customize these emails, they'd be the perfect booking solution as far as my needs go.

Sheila F.

Clean, Modern Up to Date User Experience

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

I've had great support and quick responses and enjoy using the tool. I also really appreciate the continual new features that they release on a regular basis.

Pros

I love this software! I use it myself and I recommend it to all my clients. I appreciate how easy you can setup and configure appointments along with the details available for each appt such as availability, custom fields, reminders and more. You can even identify which calendar you want an appt to go to and which calendar a specific appt should pull availability from. This is more flexibility than most of the current tools on the market.

Cons

The only thing I wish it had that it doesn't yet have is the ability to sell packages of appointments.

Jon P.

Useful for many different industries

Reviewed on 2019/02/13

There's only a couple software options available for cleaning services to take online bookings. They are either expensive or have design issues that I didn't like. Book Like a Boss has been very simple for clients to use, and I can put enough information to basically use it as a landing page. Simple, obvious, needs like sending appointment reminders are automatic here, where other services required additional money for that option.

Pros

Easy to set up
Connects with my personal calendar
Clients found it very simple to use
Continue to update and improve

Cons

It's not always obvious to see all options you could use. Easy to get up and running, but then months later notice other things you could have added but didn't know existed.
Only real negative for a cleaning company is that our offerings have to be set as complete packages instead of allowing people to customize their service - like choosing a number of bedrooms/bathrooms and have dynamic pricing.

Alvin F.

I run my business on Book Like A Boss

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

As stated above, I have a professional services business (a law firm). BLAB has allowed me to free up my time so that I am no longer manually booking appointments.

Pros

I own a law firm and I offer free consultations to potential clients. I also book appointments with my current clients. I love how BLAB helps me to completely automate the scheduling of my appointments. I also like how the BLAB team has been consistently pushing out new features, providing helpful video tutorials, and responding to feedback from users in its Facebook group.

Cons

I need to be able to customize my SMS (text message) appointment reminders. The current SMS reminders are just generic reminders.

Bebe kelly-serrato E.

All in One Virtual Assistant and Landing Page

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

My overall experience has been that it provides productive management of my time and allows me to know when I'm available to my clients and to be paid directly. Also allows for free time to be managed as well and blocks my off time from view to others. In short, I absolutely LOVE IT!

Pros

The ability to sync with other calendars and also to my mobile phone, it's a mini virtual assistant and landing page in one web page. Very affordable for all that it offers and easy to use once it's learned.

Cons

Initially had to figure out how to get it to work with a stand-alone Office 365 Outlook. Had to use Google Sync to Outlook Sync application to force the sync and then push it to BLAB. Now it works and I'm happy.

Book Like A Boss Makes You Feel Like A Boss

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

This is a really great software at a great price. When you're just starting out or in the growing stages, this pretty much does everything you need. If you need to have 100% customization, you may want to look somewhere else, but BLAB will do 95% of the work in a user-friendly way.

Pros

Quick setup and fully fleshed out introductory walk through.

Easily set up different kinds of meetings for different lengths, availability, and price.

You can setup Book Like A Boss to check your personal calendar for your availability, so if you have something you schedule yourself somewhere else, it will not show that time slot as available for a booking. It does this automatically and it's one less thing to worry about.

They give you a booking page where you can customize what your page looks like, turning elements on or off.

Cons

The reminder emails lack customization.

After someone books, they only get a thank you message that displays on screen. There is no thank you page, you have to do a custom redirect to somewhere else.

Clark C.

Simplified my life

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

Setup was simple and when I had an emergency due to my own hosting server they were there to walk me through getting my work shifted to their site.
Great customer service. I highly recommend.

Pros

I’m an editor and work with clients all over the world. I love how easy it is to book in the right time zone.
It takes the headache out of me having to double check my calendar for possible times.
You can sell your service and products right on the site or just use it to book.
When I or a client has to reschedule it’s a one click and done process.

Cons

The one drawback is having to be on different plan to book multiple people into the same event.

Easy for Clients and Prospects to book me from all over the world

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

My clients and prospects are able to book easily with me from any time zone they're in, which saves hours of time going back and forth via email to find a good time (which is how I used to do it). This has made my work and business processes simpler and it makes me look more professional as well.

Pros

Book Like a Boss enables me to book clients in a variety of different ways, for any type of call or package, and I can customize each offering easily. I also love that I can embed the booking link on my website, which provides one less step to booking a call. I can link up as many calendars as I want, which enables BLAB to block out times that I'm already busy with work or personal matters. It's just really easy to use and with the new updates, it's easier to customize to my brand as well.

Cons

I have some trouble with the embed code not working when I update a page on my website, so I copy and paste it again each time. This is a small annoyance though and I'm sure it's more the fault of Wordpress than BLAB.

Sam H.

The Boss (but not the replacement)!!!

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

I have people scheduling time with me through my BLAB link MULTIPLE times per week. It's amazing!

Pros

BLAB (as it's known) works REALLY WELL as a personal calendar. As a CEO, my time is valuable... but for certain people, I want them to have access to me. This allows for that, very easily.

I also LOVE that they give you your own mini website, that more or less acts as a personal site if you want it to.

Cons

It's not built for team scheduling, and doesn't have some of the more advanced features you'd get from other apps like Calendly or ScheduleOnce. BUT... it is really good at what it does (see 'Pros')

7.0/10