Shippo

The leading multi-carrier eCommerce shipping platform

4,8
4,8
James A.

Great Shipping Solution

Reviewed on 2019/08/11

Pros

I like that Shippo is easy to integrate with e-commerce sites like eBay and Etsy. I sell vinyl decals on both sites and it is very easy to sync unfulfilled orders. The software imports the customer's address perfectly and does an address verification before you purchase the shipping label. After the label is printed, the software automatically notifies the e-commerce site that the order has been shipped and posts the tracking number for the customer to view. This has been a huge time saver for me.

Cons

The software works very well for me and I have not found any cons to it.

Phil O.
Industry: Music

Recommended Ease

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

I use it for multiple businesses and have recommended it over rivals for ease of use and a simplistic layout. I am learning more each year. I run two different e-commerce platforms and I have the ability to choose which I want to ship from. I mostly use shippo if the volume is over 3-4 packages to ease the burden at the local post office.

To my delight, shippo has never seemed to go offline at least while i'm using it

Pros

Integrations with 3rd party e-commerce platform to sync labels
Commercial Rates for USPS
The ability to print multi shipment manifests
Label purchases are billed once a week
Ease with reprinting a label that did not print correctly or creating another label going to the same place
5c plus per label charge on top of the commercial rate

Cons

No real cons, sometimes you are paying a few cents more than another commercial carrier for USPS but I cannot seem to figure out how its calculated.

I wish it there was a mobile app just for tracking shipments outgoing.

I have had a few issues with international addresses not being recognized but a quick google search resolves the isue.

Michael E.
Industry: Publishing

No "Flats" rate support, tough to get Refunds

Reviewed on 2019/01/02

Pros

My company was actually forced to use the software when my main business software company Freestyle (formerly Dydacomp) chose to integrate Shippo into their MOM software to save money on the programming it takes to keep current with carrier charges/requirements .

Cons

Biggest problem--no support of USPS "Flats" rates resulted in excess postage on flat envelope packages for months before it became apparent. Had to use apply postage manually in the short term then switch to UPS Mail Innovations to get lower cost "Flats" rates.
Secondly--very difficult dealing with them to get credits from Shippo for duplicate labels produced during training/mistakes. Very slow response and she couldn't seem to get it that when multiple labels are produced on the same day ($$) for the same address and only one package ever gets delivered that a mistake has been made. We managed to get some refunds but were still due hundreds of dollars when we were informed they couldn't help us any more.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Britt W.
Industry: Food & Beverages

eCommerce is a fun now

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/07/06

I appreciate all that they are doing to bring eCommerce to food and beverages in a meaningful way. It's nice to know everything I need will be in one place and I can search for problems before I reach out to their team for more information. It's rare that my problem and troubleshooting aren't available in their help system.

Pros

I love the adaptability and software applications that I can use. I have discovered several spaces where I needed to streamline or needed an application function(s) that were already synced and functional with Shippo. Their customer service is OTC- Off The Charts- responsive and very empathetic to a sometimes overwhelmed solopreneur.

Cons

I would like to be able to update the look of the dashboard with weekly stats/updates available to show how much Shippo saves me time and energy.

Tim H.
Industry: Consumer Electronics

Great Shipping Software Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 2020/06/29

Since all labels render as a PDF file, I can reprint mis-printed labels as many times as needed...gone are the days of having to reload funds to purchase new labels due to printer malfunction. I also enjoy the discounted pricing on USPS labels. Haven't tried other carriers but I like the option of having UPS and DHL as well, maybe I will try them one day.

Pros

Amazing shipping software, can't be any happier since switching from stamps.com. Easy to easy, convenient and integrates well with eBay.

Cons

Doesn't seem to integrate well with Square/Weebly online store, I noticed that the package tracking number was not carrying over to the Square order, it will just mark it as shipped with a blank tracking info

Meghan T.

Best for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 2020/10/03

Not having consistently heavy business, it’s nice to not have to worry about monthly fees. As a small business, this has been such a great service to me and I will continue to use it and refer people to use it.

Pros

Running a small retail business, I searched high and low for affordable ways to ship my products. I ran across Shippo one day and, to be honest, I thought the hippo was cute lol, so I checked them out. I compared their prices to other services (that charge monthly fees) and Shippo was by far the cheapest. They also integrate with my website software, so I have consistent billing. I am super happy with my Shippo!

Cons

This is so petty, but since you are asking.....I wish I could print on quarter sheet labels. That is all.

Matthew N.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Excellent Software

Reviewed on 2020/10/02

It been a pleasure to use shippo for our e-commerce. The intuitive platform makes it easy for anyone to use.

Pros

Since we sell on Amazon, I think the best part is how easy it was to integrate Shippo into our seller platform. Have all the shipping info directly from amazon on Shippo has save me so much time. It was a very manual process before. I also love seeing the instant cost for each carrier. Again, having to try to figure out the cheapest rate was very time consuming. All in all, Shippo has saved us time and money which has been huge.

Cons

For creating new labels, I wish there was a way to save our shipping info. We sometimes ship from different locations with different addresses so not being able to quickly switch between the two can slow down the process.

Riley M.

No complaints

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

awesome, easy, cheap (i think). i would recommend it to ALL of my customers

Pros

super easy, was free for a while. i honestly dont even know what i pay for it right now, i thought it was still free. either way, it has changed my life compared to filling out labels by hand. mass upload with csv is very very helpful. i like being able to save package templates

Cons

it would be cool to see how much i save every time i buy a label. i would maybe add something that allows you to collect orders and put the data directly into shippo. right now, i collect orders with a google form that collects address info, then i download that as a csv and upload it to shippo. it would be cool to have a feature that allows me to create an order form using shippo so i dont have to download it each time

Sarah C.
Industry: Broadcast Media

Smooth speedy interface, pay as you go pricing

Reviewed on 2020/10/05

Pros

I love the fact that it's browser-based, so I don't have to worry about downloading a program, making it work with the current version of Windows, and then upgrading it every few months (or even more often). GoShippo has this nailed.

Cons

Integration with OpenCart would be nice. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy.

Scarlet T.

Reviewed on 2020/07/02

The one time I had to contact Shippo over a credit for a voided label, customer service was very prompt and helpful. A great experience.

Pros

Shippo has an excellent interface that is simple to use. It's also easy to pull reports and sort data.

Cons

I used a different shipping software that gives you the option of buying carbon credits to offset your shipping impacts. It would be nice if Shippo also offered this capability.

Vincent F.

Rate-Shopping Is The Killer Feature

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

Very good, and I've saved a lot of money OR I've found ways to improve my shipping speed to my customers for the same money.

Pros

The fact that I can make a shipment and see rates for all the major carriers is the killer feature that changed everything for me. Often I would ship something USPS Priority thinking it was the cheapest option, but with Shippo's bulk UPS rate it usually comes in either cheaper or close enough where it pays to go UPS. It's easy to use, makes sense, and doesn't seem to have any major omissions or hiccups.

Cons

I wish it had an address parser; something I could just paste a 1 line address into and it would parse out the full address. Other apps I've used have it and it's great. It's a major time saver.

Joanna M.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Great option for any business

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

Pros

We couldn't get through the day without Shippo. We are constantly shipping products everyday and without an easy streamlined system like Shippo we would not be able to function as a business. it's quick and simple. I like that it helps with the addresses, if you put it part of the address it will automatically put in the rest of it. If you have a business that requires you to ship then you need to have Shippo!

Cons

I don't like the recent change with having the green box at the bottom right hand corner rather than where it used to be in the upper left hand corner.

Sarah F.
Company size: Self Employed

Shippo saves me money every day, and is honestly a service I rely on and trust.

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

Overall I am extremely impressed with Shippo, I have not had one single negative experience using this software and that is not a common trait in this rocky world of online commerce. With all the stresses involved it would be easy to take this service for granted, but if it were to not exist tomorrow I know that I would be sorely dismayed and it would be a difficult blow. I also, use Shippo exclusively for all return shipping labels as they are "pay when used", and it makes returns so much easier to deal with.

Pros

The software is very user-friendly. Easy to maneuver, to understand, just take the time to read through the plans and billing--set up your account with billing (paypal is an easy option) and if you aren't familiar with the carriers and the rates/services they offer, get informed. I like the fact that I can play around with dimensions and weights and find the right package size and shipping option for the least cost while not compromising product integrity or arrival deadlines.

Cons

I can't really think of a "least" in the list of adjectives that come to mind. I began my e-commerce journey exactly one year ago this week and I don't remember how I came across Shippo, but I have been using this software nearly every day and sometimes several times a day (I sell on platforms that have their own shipping options, so for me to choose Shippo over their discounted plans really says a lot!) I rely on the lower pricing on Priority shipping for a majority of parcels that I ship regularly.

Dale W.

Covers Multi Platforms

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

Pros

I love that I can ship orders from several of my on-line stores form one location. My orders from Etsy and my own websight automaticly get sent to Shippo so I can prepare my shipping label and packing slip from one spot.

Cons

Sometimes I want to refund partial shipping cost to a customer if it cost less to ship then they were charged. I see no where I can do it from the Shippo sight so I still have to go back to Etsy or my sight and prepare their refund.

Melissa S.

Makes shipping easy!

Reviewed on 2019/08/03

It has made making my mailing labels SO much quicker! You have saved me so much time over my old way. I was using the USPS site and it took forever to fill out each label. Having previous shipments stored helps when creating a new label. I love how it syncs with my website and Etsy. Overall it has made shipping more professional and easy!

Pros

I love how it tracks all my orders from various platforms (my 2 websites, Etsy). I can see at a glance what I need to ship and from where.
The auto-fill feature on addresses is great. Also the verifying an address is very helpful!
Being able to "store" addresses and make another label for another package without having a new order helps.
I always use USPS so being able to set that as a default helps speed making labels up.

Cons

The only con I have is the auto fill when creating a new label using the same email address. It will keep auto filling with the other address and if one client orders several gifts for different people, it's kinda a pain.

Kim W.
Industry: Retail

Been using for years and love it!

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

Shippo helps us to quickly get through our orders with how it syncs with our Godaddy store. As a small business, Shippo streamlines our process so that we can concentrate on our customers.

Pros

I truly enjoy that the process is easy and it states clearly what my choices are. Searching for customers is easy as well. I have been using Shippo for years and have never had any mistakes or mess-ups in tracking or anything. Everything is up to date and quickly editable.

Cons

I do not like that if I go in and edit an address in the software and save it- it is not permanent. And I have to create that label right there if I want to save the address I changed it to. I don't know if it is my browser or not, but this has been and issue. Also, if I update an address on my selling platform, it doesn't sync with Shippo. But other than that I am happy with it.

Wolfgang M.
Industry: Farming

Great Program, Very Comprehensive!

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

Pros

Shippo was introduced to me by Weebly my web site builder. I have loved it from the first day. It integrates many, many selling sites in one shipping window. It also offers every shipping company available.
I also opened a Shippo UPS account with substantial savings.

Cons

I hated to see the integration with Weebly being cut. I would have loved to ship my Weebly orders still with Shippo and not have to go back to their web site.

Glen S.
Industry: Automotive

Intuitive, Efficient Shipping Software

Reviewed on 2020/10/02

For me it's all about workflow, minimizing the number of clicks and the time it takes me to perform the shipping process. Shippo is very efficient from that perspective, the only improvement would be having complete variation details printing on the Shipping packing slips. One other comment is that Shippo customer service is always rapid, on the several issues I've had, I always had suitable responses and resolutions from Shippo within the business day.

Pros

I love Shippo's focus on workflow, efficiency and usability. With good integration with eBay, I only need about 4 or 5 clicks to get a batch of labels issued and printed.

Cons

The only critique I have about the software is that product variation descriptions get concatenated in the Shippo packing slips - for that reason I can't use them. I have to print the ebay packing slip to get complete, multi-line variation descriptions, and I have to print separately the labels from Shippo. I don't know if the limitation is on the eBay side or on the Shippo side, but I would love to have complete packing slips produced by Shippo.

Zackary B.

One of the few shipping providers that offers a ton of features for free!

Reviewed on 2018/06/20

Pros

We use the free tier option and obviously that's one great feature alone for our business.
We love the UI and can navigate around it with ease and the other shipping provider options are not even close to being this easy, we've tried them all. One part that also works great for us is that all shipping charges go into a bulk charge on our card which helps with bookkeeping (compared to a bunch of little charges for each shipment).

Cons

The newer feature of validating addresses is great but it also actually messes up some addresses. Our own return address is a specialized one and the auto-validate address feature corrects it to an address that is actually not correct as we have to specific the PMB number. I reached out to customer support to resolve this and they resolved it quickly but there should still be an option to manually override addresses in situations like that.

Jason S.
Company size: Self Employed

Helps Me Compete With The Big Guys!

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

Pros

Shippo really helps me compete with the larger players in terms of shipping. I am able to offer free shipping and still price my products to keep me competitive and profitable.

Cons

Different payment options for each user would be nice.

Beverly M.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

One of the best decisions our company ever made to use Shippo for our shipping needs.

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

Pros

The software has been super easy to use. The rates are a little better than what we can get on other ecommerce sites that we sell on. Shippo bills us once a week for the labels that we have purchased during the week on the plan that we currently use. We also like that we can create labels from orders that we get from other ecommerce sites that do not integrate with Shippo. We highly recommend then to everyone. It's been a great tool and time saver for our business.

Cons

When we first started using Shippo Parcel Post Select would always come up as the mailing service they picked for us to use, because it was a little a few cents cheaper than Priority Mail. We didn't use that service so I had to void a lot labels in the beginning but that has been address and we haven't had any issues since.

Robin I.

Best Shipping Software

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/08/02

It's so awesome. I tell everyone about it.

Pros

Shippo is cheap, which makes it extremely affordable for a small business that ships products regularly but not constantly. It's easy to use, as it integrates with the platforms I currently sell on, and manually entry is easy too. And the shipping labels are priced super competitively with any other platform I've used. I also love that you can price compare between different shipping companies like FedEx, UPS and USPS really easily. Bulk orders are easy to do as well. It's also formatted to print 4x6 shipping labels for my Demo.

Cons

When you search to find a previous order, you can't click to make a new label for that one and add it to a bulk label order. I often have people pay once for a 6 month subscription, which means that every month I need to dig back through and find their address and print a new label for them. It would be much easier if I could click other name and add them to the rest of my bulk labels I'm printing rather than having to do it individually.

John F.
Industry: Wholesale

Seamless and efficient solution of shipping

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

Have used for two years. Shipping 2-10 packages a week. Easy to use on the road and ship from remote locations. Would take a major problem for me to consider changing shipping software. I am sold on Go Shippo for my shipment needs

Pros

Able to pre make templateds for frequent items
Level 1 discounted mail and shipping discounts
Many free features, which meet my needs
Scalable for when increased shipping is needed with growth
Intuitive easy to use

Cons

Short learning curve setting up initially

John W.
Industry: Retail

Excellent and easy shipping solution for our small business

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

Pros

We opened a Shopify store in 2014 to complement our Etsy shop. So we needed something to get bulk/business rates for our Shopify shipments like we get on Etsy. Shippo got us those bulk rates immediately. It's very easy to use and is getting easier all the time. They keep adding features and shipping partners which is good for us and our customers. We've recently been using DHL for high priority overseas shipments (which clobbers USPS Priority Mail). It's cheaper too. Customer service is excellent and friendly. On the few occasions I had questions I had a complete answer in no time.

Cons

Some of the menus could be hard to navigate at first (locating certain features). But nothing serious that I didn't get used to after using a few times.

Benjamin S.
Industry: Sporting Goods

Great shipping software!

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

Pros

Very user friendly, easy to set up, and easy to use. Much faster than our previous options.

Cons

The lack of mobile support. The dashboard is very hard to use on a phone.