Shippo

The leading multi-carrier eCommerce shipping platform

Linda S.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Perfect solution for a small business owner

Reviewed on 2021/03/14

I love the ability to see all the shipping options available to me so that I can easily pick the right product. This is particularly helpful when considering the different ways to use USPS Priority Mail. I am confident that I always am able to easily select the most cost effective shipping option for my product and destination.
Shippo's customer service is also outstanding. Because of a training issue at our local post office, my company was assessed a number of label surcharges by the USPS due to a USPS postal clerk putting multiple items on the scale at one time. Shippo handled the situation by filing disputes on my behalf saving me a lot of time.

Pros

I love that both my website sales and my Etsy shop sales can flow into Shippo so that order management and shipping label purchases can be done from one platform.

Cons

I love it! It just is so much easier than other platforms I've used. There isn't anything I'd change.

Jason R.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Works, Fairly Priced, Good Support

Reviewed on 2021/03/09

Pros

Incredibly simple API allows access to multiple shipping vendors.
Price discounts for USPS are great.

Cons

We could do without the Shippo logo on USPS labels.
We had some issues connecting to our UPS account but after that got fixed its worked great.

James D.

Shippo is my chosen program

Reviewed on 2021/03/09

All in all, excellent except as noted above

Pros

I like the fact that it was not complicated to learn. It was very easy and logical. I get great value on my printed labels and The Shippo Insurance appears to be a great value too! I like the fact that I can choose between multiple shipping methods even though USPS in by far my chosen method. Record keeping is a snap with the ability to download orders or shipments and I also receive emails from Shippo every time I buy 1 label or multiple at a time. I like the fact that I get a copy of the label (great for reprints and records and invoices too)! I have multiple online stores and my order are imported in and in many cases I automatically designate box size and weight.

Cons

I do not like the fact that I can not import and combine orders going to the same buyer. (it saves me shipping and insurance cost)! This needs to be changed. I have twice asked support for this and have not gotten a reasonable answer. The other problem I have had is that I have two stores with eBay and when I have to change a password on one I have to delete both and reinstall. Treating each store as independent of the other would allow me to delete one and not have to reinstall both!

Phil O.
  • Industry: Music

Recommended Ease

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

I use it for multiple businesses and have recommended it over rivals for ease of use and a simplistic layout. I am learning more each year. I run two different e-commerce platforms and I have the ability to choose which I want to ship from. I mostly use shippo if the volume is over 3-4 packages to ease the burden at the local post office.

To my delight, shippo has never seemed to go offline at least while i'm using it

Pros

Integrations with 3rd party e-commerce platform to sync labels
Commercial Rates for USPS
The ability to print multi shipment manifests
Label purchases are billed once a week
Ease with reprinting a label that did not print correctly or creating another label going to the same place
5c plus per label charge on top of the commercial rate

Cons

No real cons, sometimes you are paying a few cents more than another commercial carrier for USPS but I cannot seem to figure out how its calculated.

I wish it there was a mobile app just for tracking shipments outgoing.

I have had a few issues with international addresses not being recognized but a quick google search resolves the isue.

Melissa S.

Makes shipping easy!

Reviewed on 2019/08/03

It has made making my mailing labels SO much quicker! You have saved me so much time over my old way. I was using the USPS site and it took forever to fill out each label. Having previous shipments stored helps when creating a new label. I love how it syncs with my website and Etsy. Overall it has made shipping more professional and easy!

Pros

I love how it tracks all my orders from various platforms (my 2 websites, Etsy). I can see at a glance what I need to ship and from where.
The auto-fill feature on addresses is great. Also the verifying an address is very helpful!
Being able to "store" addresses and make another label for another package without having a new order helps.
I always use USPS so being able to set that as a default helps speed making labels up.

Cons

The only con I have is the auto fill when creating a new label using the same email address. It will keep auto filling with the other address and if one client orders several gifts for different people, it's kinda a pain.

Kim W.

Been using for years and love it!

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

Shippo helps us to quickly get through our orders with how it syncs with our Godaddy store. As a small business, Shippo streamlines our process so that we can concentrate on our customers.

Pros

I truly enjoy that the process is easy and it states clearly what my choices are. Searching for customers is easy as well. I have been using Shippo for years and have never had any mistakes or mess-ups in tracking or anything. Everything is up to date and quickly editable.

Cons

I do not like that if I go in and edit an address in the software and save it- it is not permanent. And I have to create that label right there if I want to save the address I changed it to. I don't know if it is my browser or not, but this has been and issue. Also, if I update an address on my selling platform, it doesn't sync with Shippo. But other than that I am happy with it.

Wolfgang M.
  • Industry: Farming

Great Program, Very Comprehensive!

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

Pros

Shippo was introduced to me by Weebly my web site builder. I have loved it from the first day. It integrates many, many selling sites in one shipping window. It also offers every shipping company available.
I also opened a Shippo UPS account with substantial savings.

Cons

I hated to see the integration with Weebly being cut. I would have loved to ship my Weebly orders still with Shippo and not have to go back to their web site.

Cameron S.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Forget the others... Shippo is my go to!

Reviewed on 2020/01/31

I have loved doing my order fulfillment with Shippo. Having a platform that could show me my options for carrier/speed/rate is extremely helpful and it allows us to very seamlessly fulfill orders for our customers! 10/10 recommended to anyone shipping packages!

Pros

- integration with Shopify
- option to default export as 4x6 labels (Perfect for my Dymo 4XL printer)
- easy to use interface
- customize packing slip with logo
- competitors often have ugly branding on the shipping label, but Shippo elegantly has a cute hippo!

Cons

- modifying the packing list in Shippo is available in some cases, but often when I needed it, it was disabled.
- the verification process for new account sign ups currently has a manual verification via email with customer service representatives which could be automated.

Jessica C.

Perfect Product!

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

Overall, Shippo has streamlined our dry goods shipping process and allowed me to do everything I need to in one place, rather than jump around from website to website. It has also saved us money with discounted pricing which is always a bonus. Shippo is absolutely the way to go!

Pros

This product is easy to use. It contains everything you need for every aspect of shipping as a small or large business from creating labels for shipping and returns, creating manifests and scheduling pick ups if need be. We love using Shippo for our dry goods products.

Cons

We personally did not have any difficulty using Shippo. A little confused in the beginning on billing (some charges billed instantly, while others held a week and then billed). We would love to see a used friendly app developed so we can use it on thw go as well!

Bill H.

Great Product & Great Service

Reviewed on 2019/10/01

Fills out shipping needs perfectly-Rock On !

Pros

We utilize Shippo for our shipping needs for the ease of integration,reliable service connection and affordable pricing. The staff at Shippo is extremely responsive and professional with service and support. The reports section is quick and easy to use, love working with this company. Thanks for the great product!

Cons

Customs declaration can be buggy once in awhile.

Jonathan H.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Shippo is my go to for customized orders and return labels.

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

I am please with Shippo and will continue to use it as my secondary source for shipping. If my main one is down (Shopify Shipping), I use Shippo without a lapse in order delivery.

Pros

Shippo is my go-to​ for customized orders and return labels. I use ​different software for most of my orders but I use Shippo when I need customizable labels or multiple return labels. It automatically connects with Shopify so all my orders and addresses come over. If I need an extra label I just select the order and click Make Another Label. I use shippo for my RA to vendors or if I'm​ mailing single packages. Ive connected my Paypal with it so billing is super easy and fast.

Cons

The only problem I have with Shippo is the after shipping email function. It doesn't​ connect to Shopify to email the customer when the item has shipped. You have to make your own notification email template within Shippo. Or you can mail it with Shippo and then go over to Shopify and manually send the shipping notification from Shopify. I just like one email template for continuity, but I guess thats not too much of a con.

Kim M.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

LOVE Shippo

Reviewed on 2020/06/26

Shippo has been an amazing asset to our company and have made shipping a easy process instead of a headache.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and seamlessly integrates with my GoDaddy account. They have made shipping a pain free process.

Cons

When refunding a label I wish it didn't take so long to receive the refund.

John S.
  • Industry: Farming

Save Time and Money

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

We used to take our packages to the Post Office to pay for postage there. They eventually convinced us to use the Postal Service's online service at a 10% saving over service at the counter. Too often, however, that software would crash, losing input and taking much time to recover. Shippo solved those problems, and provides postage at a cheaper rate than even the USPS online service. Highly recommended!

Pros

Shippo allows us to pre-pay and pre-label our shipments via the US Postal Service. It is easier to use, and costs less than, the Postal Service's comparable online postage service. It is not subject to crashing and losing input, as is the case with the Postal Service's software.

Cons

Thus far, we have found no negative features.

Mike R.

Great Shipping From Small Business Owner

Reviewed on 2020/07/02

Pros

Super easy to create, buy and print labels in large or small batches. Also easy to search for shipments, orders or whatever else you might need to find. The pricing of the labels allows me to offer great shipping options to my customers. Integrates easily with most online business platforms.

Cons

There isn't too much to complain about with this platform. Occasionally I have an issue, maybe once a year. The customer service is medium quick to get back to you if there is an issue.

Jana Z.

Shippo Intergation

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

very easy to use, clear explanation, easy to view tracking, easy to do label refund

Pros

it is easy to use, clear explanations
Has address validation, on the menu- country flag to clearly see specific order

Cons

has no drop down menu to switch between different businesses-always have to sign out/sign in when need to use another business address. Also I never was able to connect another carrier for my shipping
It should be easier to hide orders for which was not purchased labels

Tony D.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great platform, awesome service!

Reviewed on 2020/10/19

Excellent. We had an issue on an order and their support was great; really fast, really responsive, and credited us some funds for the inconvenience.

Pros

Setting up products for easy re-ordering is very easy to set up; having so many shipping options automatically available is awesome; plus it's free.

Cons

Not having branding available with the free plans is kind of a bummer—but I completely understand they have to make their money somehow.

Elizabeth S.

Been using it since day 1!

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Best shipping app out there!

Pros

Shippo is pretty much all I have used for shipping and i couldn't ask for a better app! Very easy to use, allows you to bulk print and send email notifications and best of all have very competitive pricing. You can refund a label and keep track of all shipments! I won't use anything else!

Cons

I love Shippo, and only thing I would add is to be able to send bulk email notifications on same screen as printing bulk labels! Thanks!

David L.

The best shipping option out there for business

Reviewed on 2019/09/23

Found Shippo looking for cheaper alternatives to Stamps.com that ideally were not subscription based. Love the pricing model of Shippo. In the near future I'm actually considering the Pro Plan just to get the advanced features I don't currently need, but want.

Pros

The cost and ease of use. It implements directly with WooCommerce which makes my life easy.

Cons

That there is no button to get the tracking code directly.

Marci D.

Saved by Shippo!

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

Overall this saved my little business! Cheaper than most others, quick and effective, you couldn't ask for much more than that!

Pros

If you have a small business and need to ship constantly this is the way to go! Cheap, fast and effective, it helps get the job done!

Cons

I would like to see a retrieval option for printing labels that have been marked as shipped. Sometimes I like to send freebies and extras to my customers and it would help being able to access the same label info and add it to a new label and tracking number.

Frank C.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Have used for years

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

We have had a great experience with Shippo and have used it for a while. It directly integrates with our shopping cart. The best thing is even though you get the best rates you are not required to deposit money upfront. You pay for shipping as it is used. I don't think there is anyone else that does that. Since it worked with our shipping cart we could print from within that control panel or log into the shippo website.

Pros

Easy to use, cost integration with our shopping cart program. Bills shipping as used. Does not require you to deposit money upfront.

Cons

Does not integrate with Amazon or ebay.

• Industry: Automotive

Super easy shipping platform to use

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

Pros

It has good pricing and is pretty quick for shipping out orders. It's also laid out well so it's easy to find orders and shipments

Cons

It could add some more support for live pricing such as how much would it cost to add insurance rather than having to click all the way through to the end to find out.

Angela N.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Easy to integrate, user friendly, and great customer support

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

We are located in Canada, but we courier our packages directly to a USPS office, and since we don't have a U.S. credit card to purchase directly from the USPS website, Shippo gives us the opportunity to print our labels for a minimal fee. Shippo also integrates with Etsy and Shopify, so purchasing labels is a breeze, and their customer service is amazing.

Pros

It integrates easily with our online selling platforms and is easy to use. I also like that there is no monthly fee, so we only pay for what we actually use.

Cons

I literally have no complaints. When they rolled out the new look, there were a few suggestions that we submitted via their feedback form, and as far as I can tell, all of those minor issues have been resolved.

Agape H.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Very Easy, Great Service

Reviewed on 2019/10/01

Pros

Fast and easy. I like the ability to print off shipping labels where ever and drop off my shipments.

Cons

Not mobile friendly. I would also prefer to be charged individually for purchases rather than invoiced. I make a lot of sales and it becomes difficult to differentiate them from each other an in invoice.

Lacie P.
  • Industry: Fine Art

Thank you Shippo!

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

It has made the fulfillment and shipment part of my business so much easier. Not having to worry about shipping is so nice to take off my plate. I just simply add in the weight of my products and print. So easy.

Pros

It easily integrated with my website. I use Squarespace, and it was so easy to connect. I don't have to worry about copying and pasting addresses into other websites, it just creates the label for me.

Cons

Honestly can't think of anything right now!

Stacey G.

Save so much time!

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

Using the software has been a game changer for me. Saves me so much time and interphases seamlessly with my Etsy shop.

Pros

The software is so easy to use and saves me so much time printing and paying for labels at home when it’s convenient for me and my busy schedule.

Cons

Doesn’t work with Canada Post labels. I still have to use Etsy shipping tool for Canadian customers and for those I’m not using DYK for.