Shippo Reviews

Shippo

Multi-carrier eCommerce shipping solution

4.8/5 (61 reviews)
Sarah F.

Shippo saves me money every day, and is honestly a service I rely on and trust.

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

Overall I am extremely impressed with Shippo, I have not had one single negative experience using this software and that is not a common trait in this rocky world of online commerce. With all the stresses involved it would be easy to take this service for granted, but if it were to not exist tomorrow I know that I would be sorely dismayed and it would be a difficult blow. I also, use Shippo exclusively for all return shipping labels as they are "pay when used", and it makes returns so much easier to deal with.

Pros

The software is very user-friendly. Easy to maneuver, to understand, just take the time to read through the plans and billing--set up your account with billing (paypal is an easy option) and if you aren't familiar with the carriers and the rates/services they offer, get informed. I like the fact that I can play around with dimensions and weights and find the right package size and shipping option for the least cost while not compromising product integrity or arrival deadlines.

Cons

I can't really think of a "least" in the list of adjectives that come to mind. I began my e-commerce journey exactly one year ago this week and I don't remember how I came across Shippo, but I have been using this software nearly every day and sometimes several times a day (I sell on platforms that have their own shipping options, so for me to choose Shippo over their discounted plans really says a lot!) I rely on the lower pricing on Priority shipping for a majority of parcels that I ship regularly.

Zackary B.

One of the few shipping providers that offers a ton of features for free!

Reviewed on 2018/06/20

Pros

We use the free tier option and obviously that's one great feature alone for our business.
We love the UI and can navigate around it with ease and the other shipping provider options are not even close to being this easy, we've tried them all. One part that also works great for us is that all shipping charges go into a bulk charge on our card which helps with bookkeeping (compared to a bunch of little charges for each shipment).

Cons

The newer feature of validating addresses is great but it also actually messes up some addresses. Our own return address is a specialized one and the auto-validate address feature corrects it to an address that is actually not correct as we have to specific the PMB number. I reached out to customer support to resolve this and they resolved it quickly but there should still be an option to manually override addresses in situations like that.

Jeff A.

Complete shipping package

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

It is the best shipping software for any parcel. Need to advertise more and get folks off of USPS.com

Pros

The shippo package not only helps by writing shipping labels it does other things other software doesn't do. It will give you the appropriate address from a partial, it has all the different types of shipping containers listed, it saves money, and most of all, you can into the software anytime, and it save your shipments and makes it easy to bring them back up. I had a very hard time getting into the USPS software after 1pm to make a label.
I've used stamps.com. USPS.com, and shippo is the best all around shipping software.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was when I first set things up customer service was done by email only. No phone calls. But since I'm set up and been running a few years that issue doesn't bother me anymore. No problems at all.

Shippo is great!

Reviewed on 2019/01/07

This platform makes my life so much easier without costing me anything. They seem like a great company with a genuine customer centered and improvement focused attitude.

Pros

It is a great value for the money. It was very easy to get started with, and has continued to grow and refine itself as I have grown. It's flexible and has allowed me to understand how shipping works while saving me time and money from standing in line at the post office.

Cons

It can be slow at times due to extraneous clicks required to get different pieces of information needed for different types of sales. It can also be lacking in features/information at times, but 9/10 times the information is there; it just needs a little digging to uncover. At the end of the day though this is essentially a free platform, and anything I'm lacking I should be maintaining on my own systems.

Jon P.

Shippo is an easy to use software solution to solve our UPS and USPS printing needs

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

My overall experience with Shippo has been fantastic. I had to contact their support on one occasion and they responded in a reasonable amount of time and resolved the issue very quickly. I would recommend Shippo to people who are looking for a third party shipper as long as they don't need FedEx as an option.

Pros

We have two Shippo accounts which we use through their API that is connected to our ERP system. We like how easily it connects to our system and pass all the information needed to generate our labels. Before the API connection to Shippo, we were unable to ship with UPS and USPS. Setting up our Shippo accounts online were simple and straightforward. Activating our carrier accounts was also a breeze. It was nice that Shippo offers a test mode on the carrier accounts so you can test out new carrier accounts before being fully live. Their pricing is also very competitive and no contract is necessary. You can use pay as you go or do a monthly plan if you are more of a high volume shipper.

Cons

Shippo has a lot of positive features, and not many downsides in my experience. I think the biggest shortfall of Shippo is that they do not offer a FedEx integration currently.

Elizabeth S.

Been using it since day 1!

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Best shipping app out there!

Pros

Shippo is pretty much all I have used for shipping and i couldn't ask for a better app! Very easy to use, allows you to bulk print and send email notifications and best of all have very competitive pricing. You can refund a label and keep track of all shipments! I won't use anything else!

Cons

I love Shippo, and only thing I would add is to be able to send bulk email notifications on same screen as printing bulk labels! Thanks!

James C.

Very organized!

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

This eBay-recommended third-party shipping site has saved me lots of time and money over the past few years since I first signed up. I have even compared the prices to Canada Post Snap Ship and Paypal shipping... Shippo wins hands-down for the lowest quoted price to a Canadian address.

Pros

I am the sort of person who likes making lists. Whether it's a Christmas list, grocery list or simply organizing my thoughts on paper. To see all of my eBay sales in a nice organized list on Shippo where I can print my labels at a decent discount from full Canada Post prices - wonderful. I'm happy.

Cons

Nothing - everything is great, no complaints.

Courtney P.

Shippo makes my home based business a Breeze!

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

Shippo has allowed me to avoid long lines at the post office, allowed me to expand my at home business even more by being able to provide great customer service to my customers and it is extremely easy to use!

Pros

I like how the information that is stored for each customer and the availability to put their email address in their information so that they are personally notified when their item ships.

Cons

I don't like how you have to create a label in order to update or find a customers information. I would like to see a customer database feature added.

Maricela G.

Shipping Made Simple

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

Pros

I love that I can purchase shipping labels directly from our online store. Makes the shipping process that much simpler when you don't have to worry about switching software to complete order fulfillment.

Cons

It has had little glitches here and there lately, nothing that couldn't get fixed in a timely manner.

Kelsea P.

Awesome shipping solution for small to businesses using Shopify

Reviewed on 2017/12/23

Simplified our order shipping process! Most importantly it allows us to ship orders that come in outside of Shopify - so wholesale orders, call ins etc. It also lets us to sort and view by shipping status very easily (in transit, delivered, exception etc.) so that we can proactively reach out to customers.

Pros

- SUPER easy to use with Shopify
- Good shipping rates
- Works well with printer
- Easy to ship multiple packages for the same order
- Easy to print manifests
- Access to UPS, USPS and DHL

Cons

- Sometimes it takes a bit of time to sync with new orders
- It's might be a pipe dream, but I also wish it would let you set up a UPS pick up

John R.

Can't get any easier!

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

Pros

It integrates seamlessly with Shopify, ease of use, easy to set up, discount pricing on shipping, multiple carrier options.

Cons

No real cons at the moment. There were some sync issues in the past, but I believe those have all been addressed with additional updates.

Marko A.

Hard to believe

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

Pros

Overall good layouts and reporting. very straighforward interface

Cons

Why can't I open the packing list from the shipments report? MOST importantly, why isn't the website mobile friendly? And no app? Finally, your prices are now getting beaten handily by Shopify...

Daniel A.

Great product that could use a tweak or two

Reviewed on 2018/12/31

Pros

Very easy to use, gives us some discounts automatically from some shippers,.

Cons

A recent update made it easy to inadvertently create duplicate label orders, I now have to double check that extra labels weren't purchased. It would be good to be able to do batch orders all on one screen (such as the UPS website has) without having to go back to an order and select "create another label".

Mitchell E.

Simple + Great Visibility and Easy Dashboard

Reviewed on 2019/01/04

We love it! It has professionalized what we are doing by 10X!

Pros

I love that I can set my products and shipping sizes so it takes an extra step out of it. I also bought a Dymo label printer and now the whole process is seamless, if only it could pack all my orders too :)

Cons

I wish on the main screen it was a little more clear of what the order is (I have a lot of variations of product), almost like if it was written out like a packing slip, I have to scroll over it so it pops up but I wish it said how many of what kind (quatity and type and such).

Kari M.

boy smells shippo review

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

we are using shippo through Shopify to create 95% of our direct to consumer business

Pros

compatibility with Shopify and batch printing

Cons

sometimes going back removes filters and by clicking on "orders" it moves orders around on different pages.

Brian B.

Must-have shipping solution for small and large companies!

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

I love their "pay-as-you-ship" feature that's just 5 cents per label printed and no setup or monthly fees--ever!

Pros

I love the ability to print prepaid shipping labels (even return labels) with ease from any major shipper (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.) without having an account with the shipping company.

Cons

GoShippo integrates with many new online stores but may not with some older platforms sure be sure to check.

Matthew M.

Great Shipping App

Reviewed on 2018/12/28

Pros

Shippo made it so simple to start shipping orders out, allowing me to focus on sales and growing the business. Has scaled nicely as we have grown.

Cons

I would like to be able to customize my packing slips more.

Matthew A.

Weil Hardware

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Shippo has made my business life much easier and I'm so thankful to have it.

Pros

Ease of use, being able to track shipments, having all of my shipments in one interface.

Cons

I would like if I could import an address book in to Shippo.

Michael E.

No "Flats" rate support, tough to get Refunds

Reviewed on 2019/01/02

Pros

My company was actually forced to use the software when my main business software company Freestyle (formerly Dydacomp) chose to integrate Shippo into their MOM software to save money on the programming it takes to keep current with carrier charges/requirements .

Cons

Biggest problem--no support of USPS "Flats" rates resulted in excess postage on flat envelope packages for months before it became apparent. Had to use apply postage manually in the short term then switch to UPS Mail Innovations to get lower cost "Flats" rates.
Secondly--very difficult dealing with them to get credits from Shippo for duplicate labels produced during training/mistakes. Very slow response and she couldn't seem to get it that when multiple labels are produced on the same day ($$) for the same address and only one package ever gets delivered that a mistake has been made. We managed to get some refunds but were still due hundreds of dollars when we were informed they couldn't help us any more.

0.0/10
Dan H.

Makes Online Store Shipping Easy

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

Pros

Fairly easy interface that allows quick shipment generation.

Cons

Creating a manifest could be easier and allow for more functionality of recreating a manifest.

Eric M.

Fantastic for eBay sellers.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/22

Highly recommended - the time and hassle saved far outweighs any minor inconvenience that *may* arise. Even if there is a challenge, there is a lot of available help to find a reasonable workaround.

Pros

Automates most of the shipping and record keeping. Great time saver. Customer service reps are outstanding - great at resolving the odd issue that has come up.

Cons

The handshake between eBay, Shippo and carriers could use some improvement to smooth over the odd hiccup type situation that arises with non-standard situations. Some transactions like international returns must be done manually. My understanding is that this is already under development so it is just a matter of time before implementation.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

Overall good software, I would recommend.

Pros

Shippo is a great service for businesses of any level. The software is turnkey and automated so staying organized and time efficient is a major bonus when you run your own business,

Cons

There is no customer service number if you need to reach someone right away. They do respond via email, but I hope they update this feature. Other than that, I don't have any complaints. It's been a great service and the price is affordable.

Totally organized our shipping!

Reviewed on 2018/04/16

Pros

Shippo has been amazing. It's got a ton of features, and the UX seems designed to make everything easy. Whether I'm creating a new label, searching through existing shipments, or handling returns, Shippo simplifies everything.

Cons

This is a small thing, but it logs me out at inopportune moments. This might simply be a bug, or it might be user error. And it always takes me back to where I need to be. Again: small thing, but it's really the only complaint I have.

Anthony M.

Fast, easy and intuitive

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

Shippo saves me a ton of time shipping packages. No more trips to the post office and waiting in line.

Pros

I love how it’s integrated into godaddys online store. I no longer have to type in addresses and tracking numbers!

Cons

The preset package weights can change from ounces to pounds randomly.

Great Solution

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Pros

Integration with Shopify, lower costs on USPS shipping.

Cons

Wish Shippo offered LTL options for palletized freight.