Fountain Reviews

Fountain

Hiring automation for companies that hire in volume.

4.8/5 (27 reviews)
Holly W.

Glamsquad and Fountain

Reviewed on 2018/08/29

We have used Fountain for 3+ years and have been thrilled with the improvements made over time. The Fountain team seems to truly value the feedback of their clients, and our CSR has been a great partner in ensuring we are taking full advantage of what Fountain can offer in order to meet our unique needs and business objectives.

Pros

Fountain made scaling and managing our applicant funnels possible. Various integrations with 3rd party systems such as document signing, BGC and LMS platforms have been invaluable to manage paperwork and monitor applicant progress through the onboarding process.

Cons

Limited tools/features that allow users to manage multiple funnels simultaneously, ie text/chat feature or opening view. I would also like to see posthire features improve to keep Fountain as an active tool beyond onboarding.

New of its kind, but far from perfect

Reviewed on 2019/03/24

We've been able to scale our company using Fountain faster in 3 months than we had previously for a year. It is a very unique ATS that provides very large benefits for automated hiring. Quite easy to use on both the front and backends of the system. However, its two biggest flaws are in its inability to integrate with any other system (unless your company has an engineering / development team dedicated to HR) and the inability to universally roll out changes to all workflows.

Overrall - it is very cutting edge and has provided incomprehensible value to our organization, but there are minor things that the developers should consider in a V.2 of this product.

Pros

leverages text messages to speed up the hiring process tremendously, cool branding features, great modern UI for both desktop and mobile users, plenty of features, original analytics page provides valuable data about the health of the funnels

Cons

no shortage of bugs and glitches, doesn't integrate with most major HRIS or softwares, inability to clone offer letters with Hellosign, can only clone existing workflows when opening a new requisition, rolling out universal changes is burdensome as they need to be changed by the opening.

Cynthia H.

Caters to you!

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

The new and updated version of Fountain is wonderful. My company has been able to provide different services at the same time. The flexibility and communication has been great and they are able to provide the service and support in a timely manner.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that you are able to cater it to what your business needs. I know in my line of work things and processes are constantly changing, so having the flexibility and fast responses is great to make the necessary changes in a timely manner.

Cons

It's hard to pinpoint one thing as this is a great software. But there are rare times they have an outage and it is down for a tiny bit of time. But they are very transparent when that happens.

Constantly evolving to meet the needs of our fast-growing business.

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Pros

We've used Fountain for ~2.5 years and have seen notable changes in the product. There's a ton of customizability and an open API lets us build the perfect system for our processes without much engineering required. Support has been great - both in general response time and willingness to address feature requests.

Cons

Fountain's focus is on functionality and obviously less so in the UI. There's limited design customization which makes it hard to utilize certain features. It serves as a strong backend system, but the applicant portal doesn't exactly meet our needs.

Lars S.

Fountain user for 3+ years.

Reviewed on 2018/09/04

I've used Fountain within our company for processing ten thousands of applicants globally. The customer service has always been excellent and their ability to grow with the needs of their clients is worth mentioning.

Pros

The ability of this company to scale with the wishes of their clients. The features and flexibility you have in the product allow you to scale fast and optimise your flow for different sizes of volume and requirements.

Cons

A great + would be to not restrict applicants to follow the flow linearly but instead being able to switch between stages, even though the stages are not finished yet.

Great product with multiple uses

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

It can take a while to process applicants, it might be because there is less interaction since a lot of it is automated, but either way, it makes life a lot more simple. There are many more pros than cons. I'm recommending Fountain to a lot of business friends who can benefit from this.

Pros

I love the abililty to move applicants from stage to stage, and the automated text they receive when they are stuck on a stage for a longer period. I especially like the video answer feature. In a industry that represents upscale spa and wellness -presentation is important and helps weed out applicants who are less serious.

Cons

I believe pop up notifications for messages on Fountain would be useful - at least for laptop and desktop. Sometimes applicants are left on idle for too long when they message in, and I would like to be able to reach out to them sooner.

Skyler R.

Fantastic for Contractor On-boarding

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Pros

The flexibility and customization of Fountain is fantastic. It has allowed the business team to take back control of the on-boarding experience where we had to rely on developers in the past. It allowed us to roll out custom recruiting flows for new markets in hours rather than weeks. The built in scheduler and message center are fantastic as well.

Cons

Reporting functionality has improved over time and there's definitely more room for improvement there.

Maria O.

One stop shop for onboarding!

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

It's been a great journey working with fountain and the team over the last few years. Overall they have helped us grow our fleet from a few people to hundreds and from one market to four.

Pros

Helps streamline processes, shorten on-boarding time for an employee, makes scaling in new markets easier and is constantly evolving to meet the new demands of our growing business.

Cons

Would love if the chat platform integrated with slack.

Amanda josalene W.

Used Fountain for 2+ Years for my Business!

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

Overall, Fountain has fantastic features that make the hiring & on-boarding processes easier to deal with and this came with a great price point as well. For the amount of resources that Fountain provides for you, it is 100% well worth the price.

Pros

Fountain is easy to learn and navigate, and has a QUICK interface which is always impressive and a major pro to any software that is used for business purposes. You have flexibility within Fountain with how you organize and handle applicants, e.g. the ability to organize applicants into different hiring stages and being able to create an easier, hassle-free on-boarding process for new and potential employees. I have been very satisfied with Fountain and will continue to use their software for all of my hiring needs.

Cons

I don't have any cons; Fountain has worked great for my business & I.

Nico R.

Amazing Product!

Reviewed on 2018/08/08

Our company is saving time, money and we are typically first to contact the applicants which gives us a leg up over our competition!

Pros

It makes our delivery driver hiring a breeze! Before we used Fountain it took us almost 4 weeks to get a driver hired and with fountain it now takes us 5 days! The SMS and email automation saves my team a ton of time!

Cons

Sometimes it can be a bit much to navigate around all the feature options, but still worth the effort!

Very Solid, Hard to Beat in Price or Power

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

Pros

Fountain has a fairly comparable feature set to rival ATS systems, but in my view, they've designed their product in a more intuitive and user-friendly way. ATS systems are rarely used and administrated by technologists, so it's of the utmost importance to make it simple and straightforward for those who don't have a technical background. I think Fountain noted the importance of this at the outset, and their product reflects this priority. I'm a fan, and I've heard no complaints from those who use it often.

Cons

I'm pretty satisfied, however, I can't think of any unique and distinctive features that only Fountain has. Mainly, they've taken the same set of predictable needs and accommodated them with the best user experience.

Good value ATS

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

Fountain helps us manage our hiring pipelines effectively

Pros

It's pretty easy to build and replicate hiring workflows + pipelines, which is helpful for fast-growing businesses

Cons

Wish there was more customization and features with their email tools

Super Easy OB Process

Reviewed on 2018/08/23

Pros

On-boarding time is very fast and efficient. Super easy to manoeuvre around within the system. Filtering out individuals is so much easier as well.

Cons

If the internal chat system could somehow be integrated with our internal chat system. Would make it easier to flag issues with accounts quicker.

Billie K.

Fountain Review

Reviewed on 2018/08/16

Pros

Fountain is really well set out, its easy to use and navigate. It clearly states each step of the background check and what the individual needs to do next. It is also really easy to search for an individual.

Cons

It should identify duplicate accounts and raise a flag to the operator. This way it would eliminate people paying for background checks multiple times and we could identify the main account quicker

Saving time!

Reviewed on 2018/08/16

Pros

I like most the possibility to label each applicant, and manage him at the best for the future needs

Cons

I would like to manage on my own the possibility to add or modify sections

Great product-some glitches

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

Overall, I have had a pretty good experience with Fountain. I think that it's a great platform and mediator between the candidate and interviewer.

Pros

- Fairly easy to use
- Can link google calendar with the interviews
- Can customize the automatic messages

Cons

- Some glitches would cancel interviews & reschedule

Fabien G.

Great

Reviewed on 2019/02/09

Pros

Easy to use, you don’t need much instruction

Cons

Could be a bit more invasive when transferring

Great

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Pros

Easy for many remote teammates to use together and keep track of high volume of applications. Lots of customization available.

Cons

I wish old process scorecards could be archived without loosing applicant data to clear up drop-down menus.

Streamlines the hiring process

Reviewed on 2019/03/17

Pros

It is hard enough hiring for a position in my field of work, but adding on all of the usual follow up tasks and emails to candidates, it almost seems daunting. Fountain streamlines the process starting from initial posting to hiring and beyond. It even makes email communication an ease.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of, I truly appreciate this software.

Laura L.

A great intuitive tool !

Reviewed on 2018/08/24

Pros

It is easy to use and is visually laid out so items are easy to find and use.

Cons

Reporting could be more robust - more canned reports on agent performance would be invlauable.

Nino H.

Nino

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

Deliveroo onboardings

Pros

Clearance on how easy is made. Everything is easy to use

Cons

Mobile version not adjusted while you’re using

Joshua M.

Fountain for onboarding

Reviewed on 2018/08/16

Product team has been very open to our concerns and tries to implement changes as we suggest them to them.

Pros

Good API and ability to programmatically retrieve data and interact with applicants in a workflow. Being able to schedule data exports.

Cons

Special characters in column names when exporting data.

Mikey T.

Perfect for background checking

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

Pros

Navigation around the site, the submitting of checks is simple and the response time is quick.

Cons

I found no faults when using fountain to complete background checks.

Geofrey L.

Fantastic platform

Reviewed on 2018/08/18

Pros

Easy of use. Makes working remotely easier and makes you feel more independent

Cons

None. Its really hard to faulty this software!

Useful for hiring

Reviewed on 2019/04/08

Love my experience so far with Fountain - exceptional piece of software.

Pros

With all of Fountain's amazing features and abilities, you really can't go wrong making this choice. It saves so much time in the hiring process and have brought in better talent because of how quick we can move.

Cons

Extremely functional and reliable core product - hope that future releases also focus on the user interfaces to be a little more friendly.