AttendanceBot

Vacation management, time tracking, & employee scheduling

Jeremy S.

Great App!!

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Overall it was simple to implements, I got good support from customer service on some of the questions I had and they help me set up some of my default settings

Pros

The attendancebot app enables me to manage the various needs of all employees through a simple, user-friendly that can be managed from anywhere. I am able to easily access weather i'm in the office or on the go. It takes away the need for manual calculating and tracking!

Cons

Although you can customize the types of leaves (Flex / Vacation) You are not able to differentiate how they are calculated / tracked. IE. I wish I could have 'Flex' time that is calculated and tracked by the hour, but 'Vacation' days calculated and tracked by days.

Response from Anaek

Thanks for your feedback, Jeremey.

Moaaz E.
  • Industry: Design

A hidden gem within the vast Internet

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

It saves you a great time and effort in team work even if you are in different regions or far from each other through this program you can know where your employees are and know the salaries of the team.
It is the perfect choice for remote work

Pros

Easy and complete clarity in using as a team that facilitates work for you. You can do anything with limited steps such as taking sick leave and tracking team work hours. The best thing for me is that you can use it through the mobile phone with ease and without us or complicated processes.

Cons

I almost don't see any negatives. but I hope that there will be a little less pricing plan to suit everyone. Thank you and I wish you progress and prosperity forever.

Stephan H.

Tech people's de-facto attendance mangement service.

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

Before AttendanceBot, our administration department faced lot of difficulties with managing attendances and leaves. Since our team majorly made up of developers and tech related people, it was so difficult to train them to a particular system and the same time oversee, record, view statistics. We had dealt with lot of manual work with spread sheets, back and forth emails to get these work done.
So much for the effort end of the day we couldn't even retrieve anything useful from those systems.

With the AttendanceBot we ditched timesheets, punch sheets, leave applications, approval emails out of the window and now attendance and leave managing is like a walk in the park. Not only for the admins but also for the whole company.

Pros

The best thing about AttendanceBot is it comes with Slack. What more pleasing or ease than we can mange attendance and team mates leave from the same app which we used to communicate every minute. This is ideal for tech company like ours.

Cons

I found AttendanceBot misses a public API. Since we like to tinker stuff, this limited the scalability of the service only to the Slack.

Response from Anaek

Thanks for the feedback Stephan.

Jamil R.

Great interface, easy to use.

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

Pros

1: Easy to use
2: Great interface
3: Leaves history details
4: Team members on leave details
5: Fully automized
6: No paperwork

Cons

1: Export leaves balance history option was missing. For example, I had to go page by page in the leave balance section to see at what specific date I had how much balance. The balance and changes made in the balance were not exporting.
2: Little expensive for organizations having big number of employees, for e.g. organization with 200+ employees.

Laura N.

It could be fantastic

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

Pros

It allows good control over submitted holiday and managers approval. It allows staff to have more control over their own leave entitlement.

Cons

You have to remember all of the commands so some of the more obscure ones can be harder to find e.g. second half or compassionate, so one person in our office learns them and everyone asks them. Terminology is in american English. You can only book 8 months in advance. Reminders for managers to approve leave would be good after a certain period, as soon get forgotten about. Better integration with other software e.g. Teamwork would be ideal, so annual leave can be considered when planning project time.

Mark H.

Amazing, easy to use for your team, time tracking application integrated perfectly in Slack

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Attendancebot has replaced our cumbersome HR software which we only used to track team vacations, and replaced our manual timesheets we kept in excel for compliance. The cost is about the same but the time we save in keeping the records has been significantly reduced. The entire team loves using the application! It is awesome!

Pros

- Easy to use for the entire team right in Slack
- Announces attendance of the entire team everyday keeping everyone informed
- Great reporting for our monthly time sheet requirements
- Tracks very well the vacation time for all employees
- Configuration is very simple and easy from the management portal
- Customer service and support has been fantastic

Overall it is a great product for our needs and the team at Attendancebot have been very helpful with some enhancements for us.

Cons

The is not much to not like about the software.
Hoping attendancebot will soon also announce up coming birthdays to the team.

Jone B.

Easy to use, does what you need

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

Pros

Summary: It does what you need and with the slack bot it's easy to get everyone to use it.

It's easy to get started and all employees quickly get on board with the slack bot. Punching in/out, requesting leaves or reporting sick is easy. Our employees actually use it and everyone is happy with the system.

It let's you keep track of hours per employee, sick days, leaves and everything you need. I have not tried the "projects" part of this yet, so I can't say anything about that.

Cons

The admin panel/website. It's a bit difficult to use and slow to load. It's a pain to edit punches, adjust leaves and most other things that involves user data. However it does work - you just need some patience while doing these tasks and, for me at least, it's not something I have to do daily so it's not a big deal.

• Industry: Computer Games

Very useful tool

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

The company has good customer support and seems to want to make its customers happy.

Pros

Our company is very Slack-focused, so a vacation tracking tool that's integrated as a bot made our lives a lot easier.

Cons

Some of the configuration options can be difficult to find at first, but you get used to it.

Rhiannon D.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Mixed bag, limited on free

Reviewed on 2018/09/07

Pros

The ease of talking to a large number of team members, adding more as and when necessary, and organising conversations into separate rooms

Cons

Most of the best functionality is from paid plans which become far too expensive for a startup very quickly, as you pay by member. Limits on storage are also very annoying because they don't update immediately, so warnings continue to pop up after you make space.

Yvonne C.
  • Industry: Photography

Takes getting use to

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

It helps to see a timesheets that calculates the hours for me

Pros

The ability to keep time for all workers and how it pairs with slack

Cons

It's hard to input time if someone forgets to clock in or out which happens often. I use both the app on my phone and the computer and they both seem to crash.

It would be great if you had a way to input the wages per hour. I have to use a different online app that helps calculate everything for me. If I could plug in the info that tells me how much I need to pay each person that would be amazing!

Response from Anaek

Thanks for your feedback Yvonne.

If you wish to enter the per hour wages, you can do it on "Person page".

Thanks

• Industry: Law Practice

Excelente attendance control. Must for anyone with remote employees using slack.

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

Attendance Bot has really allowed us to maximize or use of slack and our communications with employees, particularly for those outside the country.

Pros

That it allows me to know when people clock in and clock out and keep control of my staff no matter where they're working in the world.

Cons

I'm pretty happy, but I guess it could have more pricing options.

Elizabeth M.

Attendancebot streamlines time and team tracking within Slack - so easy!

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

Easy for employees to check in and out. In channel announcements of team status and clocking activity. minimal effort required to initialize the system and integrate with Slack.

Cons

Not enough personalization as far as different managers wanting to see different data. i.e. I have one manager who wants to be notified of his team's individual time clock transactions but the rest don't. I cannot accommodate him without bombarding the other managers with the same level of detail. I'd like to have each manager set his or her own notification settings.

Kamil O.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Scrum Master

Reviewed on 2019/01/04

Keep up the good work!

Pros

easy to setup, lots of configurations, speeds up the processes

Cons

Documentation could be improved, currently some advanced features are poorly described

Charles E.

Simple and efficient product. Quick to cater and develop new features to your business needs!

Reviewed on 2017/11/03

Pros

Friendly and fast service. They respond to feedback with real results by developing increased functionality quickly.

• Industry: Banking

Good app to solve a common problem

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

Great app for getting a view of where people are with multiples teams and resources.
Haven't used all the features but does exactly what we need!

Pros

Easy to integrate with Slack application.
Notifications as part of normal channels.
Easy configuration of leave options and users.

Cons

Sometimes tricky to work out how to do some tasks such as adding new users.
Unclear how what features you get when paying for licence or ongoing costs.

Richard M.

A great option for a remote team

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

Honestly a great addition to a remote work force. Seamless integration and very handy for contact tracing for Covid-19.

Pros

Excellent software, very easy to use and integrate with MS Teams.

Cons

Some very minor security concerns that their customer service we're very happy to assist with.

Gets the job done

Reviewed on 2019/01/04

Pros

Attendancebot's effective integration with Slack has made it a great tool for our company. They were also _extremely_ responsive when we've asked for a small change in how information is presented.

Cons

There's a small learning curve to use it effectively, but not too bad.

Liang-bin H.

timesheet feature is just what we need

Reviewed on 2018/09/07

Pros

We have surveyed many different HR service, but they don't have a easy-to-use timesheet feature. Also since we use Slack, AttendanceBot is the perfect match.

Cons

The calendar sync to Google calendar is really not in control. Events may take days to appear.

Great App

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Pros

Ease of setup, low cost, pretty intuitive to use.

Cons

I'd like to see the bot offer more helpful suggestions for admins. If I could identify pay periods and have it auto-generate a report, that would be awesome.

Samantha F.
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

The grammer and notifications are off a lot, but besides that it's great for clocking in an...

Reviewed on 2018/06/11

Pros

How it keeps the office aware when everyone is in or not and the ease of it. Also the clocking in and out feature is very easy.

Cons

The grammar issues in announcements and lack of instructions when signing up. The deployment took too long and we encountered a lot of issues in the beginning.

Kristin D.

Simple attendance and vacation tracking

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Time tracking is easy and requesting time off is even easier. HR/operations don't have to manually track time off and there are no more emails requesting leave filling up managers' inboxes or getting lost.

Pros

Our company has an "unlimited" vacation policy and AttendanceBot helps us track and make sure team members are actually taking time off. Our team is remote throughout the USA and having the ability to add it onto Slack is a dream come true. You never have to leave Slack to know where someone is, when they plan on taking leave, or even get a full report of the year.

We've also started using it to track time cards for our hourly paid interns and it's so easy for them to clock in because when they get to work the first thing they open is Slack. Then at the end of the month we just ask AttendanceBot for a time sheet.

It's easy to set up managers and their teams, then customize it to each teams' needs. In our case one team doesn't need approval for a day of working from home or taking leave, but another needs approval for all times they won't be in the office.

Their support has been easy to work with when I need to customize things or have a question. They usually send me a response within an hour or two.

Pricing is easy and simple too! We don't have to worry about our bill growing every month when we hire new team members.

Cons

Some of the FAQ is outdated and you have to contact support to get the latest commands for AttendanceBot, but I've never had trouble of getting ahold of support. You can even do it right from Slack.

In order to customize teams you have to customize each person's settings individually. There is a "company default", but anything the detours from that has to be inputted manually. If you have many people that need the be customized, it can be daunting.

Brian M.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Great! We've saved a lot of time in attendance tracking using Attendance Bot

Reviewed on 2018/06/08

Saving a bunch of time answering vacation questions and trying to keep track of the vacation on our own. Freed up a lot of time for more important tasks.

Pros

The ease of use to request time off, manage and pull reports. The system seemed to be pretty smooth when we first started, then a year later we went to make some changes and it had been updated to make it even easier to handle configurations.

Cons

To be honest, we really haven't run into many, if any, cons with this software. Had I filled this out a year or so ago, I would have mentioned not having a great GUI for setting it up.

Megan M.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

A few teething challenges, but a great product

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

The team enjoy the visibility and control they have in terms of seeing what leave they have taken, what is left, etc. Management enjoy the ease of approvals and the team's visibility.

We hope the bugs get fixed soon, but support has been great, so confident this will be the case.

Pros

Easy to use, very nice integration into Slack, and the notifications to channel are great

Cons

Constant bugs, receiving reminders to check in in the middle of the night, not registering leave correctly, etc. Mostly bugs.

Simple, integrated into existing business processes

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Pros

Our team appreciated how easy it was to submit, approve and review PTO requests, using our existing business systems (Slack, Google Calendar).

Cons

Reports are not necessarily as powerful as they could be. Some quirks in announcing upcoming PTO to Slack channels.

Brent D.

Simple to use with Slack.

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

No timekeeping system overhead and it integrates with Slack very well which is something my team already knows how to use.

Pros

It integrates well with the Slack concept. Once the staff and myself understood all the available commands, it was easy to use as any other time keeping software.

Cons

Could use a web app to run more detailed reports. When people made mistakes checking in or out, it can be cumbersome to edit 'punches' via commands in Slack.