Insurance AMS for MGAs & brokers with CRM at its core

3,5
T.j. G.

Entire suite for my MGA

Reviewed on 2019/01/17

The cost benefit analysis proved to be true and the platform allowed the business to go 100% virtual. This is impressive for a 20 year old MGA who has to deal with online sales, executive sales, producer sales, underwriting, customer classification, policy administration and claims.

Pros

Cloud based solution with customizations for my needs from vendor allowed us to downsize our IT staff and keep on top of cyber trends at a much better ROI.

Cons

Learning the better way to do business. Our old ways were antiquated, but comfortable.

Micheil G.

Account Specialist

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

It took a long time to get it to where it needed to be, but now it is pretty efficient.
I do wish that changes or updates did not take a long as they do, but understand that it is a process.

Pros

I like that it has finally come together and is becoming more user friendly for me and my team.

Cons

Though I now find it user friendly, I do not believe that it is user friendly to the average person. We get a lot of calls generated from clients who are unable to sort it out.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Samantha J.

Feedback

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

Overall experience is our company launched this system 2 years ago, and there has been a lot of progress. But it seems like a never ending road and we employees have to wait months for certain changes to take place. I don't know if that is program costs, meaning too expensive for our company? Above my pay grade. But the system is also up and down. The speed is not always there, and I have high speed internet with full access. I will say, it has gotten better as a user. But our clients still struggle with using it.

Pros

I do like that we can customize the features we want that cater to our business, since it's so niche.
It has come a long way since we first started using the system.
Our users seem to be getting used to and able to navigate easier.

Cons

Not sure if this is an internal problem, but it takes forever for system changes to be made when we have requests.
There are still too many clicks/steps to accomplish certain simple tasks.
Random issues seem to occur all of the time - payment info disappears, PT ledgers don't work, etc. When one issue is being resolved and fixed, another one occurs it seems.
I don't like that I can't work in the early hours of the morning. The system is very slow and doesn't work efficiently until after 7AM. I work as early as 4AM some mornings and need it to be running smoothly.

Dana H.

We're getting there

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Having the same system across all users is very helpful & having all we need within the same system is great - I just wish that the process weren't so long...and it probably should have been a requirement to have more of it built before getting it into production, but being a smaller company it's hard to wait.

Pros

I like that the company understands insurance & is able to provide feedback about better solutions than what we're able to come up with. The system is also fully-customizable.

Cons

It still takes a lot of time to get the system updated to our specifications. I'm waiting for the day that we'll have it built to spec & be able to make quick and easy changes as needed, but the timeline for that gets pushed out further as time goes on.

Thomas J.

My review

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

Rocky in the beginning, but everything works pretty well now.

Pros

The convenience of having my rating software built into my CRM

Cons

Sometimes the system is slow, and sometimes the system is being worked on early in the mornings, which is when I like to get my work done. Also, it seems that when certain issues are fixed, it causes another issue somewhere else and is never ending.

Joe H.
Industry: Real Estate

the use of multiple functionality in macaw

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

I would say it is almost ok

Pros

easy to use, you can navigate it very easily

Cons

the way notice pr task is kept in macaw ,at least for our use , not the best way to read or follow up
searching in macaw not fast, and very hard if the name giving is not exact way in the system

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Jorge U.

Macaw review

Product is average.

Pros

Software is ok. Functionality is there once you know how to use it. Web based so it can be used anywhere with internet available.

Cons

Glitchy.
At certain times uploads can take a long time, as can searches. Poor ease of use for clients. Several areas are described poorly or difficult to understand. Wording should be more customer-friendly

Harrison H.

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

Overall the experience has been positive. We have been able to combine multiple systems into a single system. By having combining multiple system we are able to save money as well as reduce overhead.

Pros

Many of the features that are needed are all in one program. Not needing to go to many different programs helps to cut down on issues navigating between everything.

Cons

The amount of instruction or knowledge needed to navigate the site. More time could be spent making items more intuitive or having better instructions.

Catherine C.

Reviewed on 2019/09/23

I feel like for the average person it is a little complicated trying to get a quote or renew their policy

Pros

Be able to add multiple documents at the same time
The coverage, activity & endorsement have a description

Cons

The insure services dates are not matching with their retro dates.
The client inputs the HW and TC percentage in the app & the box in the credit does not get check which causes the credit not be applied.
The mandatory states renewal should be simpler

Hollie J.

Great Idea... Bad Implementation

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

Pros

The idea behind the software is fabulous. If everything worked as it was intended, I would have no complaints.

Cons

The fixes to the customization are expensive. Going live was pushed through too early by someone that doesn't have to take calls from our customers.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Stephany H.

Needs Work

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

The product does what it's programmed to do. It needs work to be able to do what my department needs it to do and we're not getting any attention whatsoever.

Pros

I like that it's web based, which allows us to work from home.

Cons

We've been using it for 2 years and my department has had no opportunity to make changes or fixes to the software functionality.

Bob C.

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Slowly improving

Pros

It is functional with some problems. Can combine a few other funtions without switching from one program to another.

Cons

Not user friendly. Searches are hard and does not include "city" as a primary field to search.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Ashley V.

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

Pros

I like that you can pull reports for renewals, you can link your phone system to it for ease of calls

Cons

Many customers says it's not user friendly. The action buttons can be more clear so we get less calls from customers asking what to do next

Mary A.

Processing Insurance renewals with Macaw

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

I am attempting to reconcile policy history with our carriers. It does not interface with carrier websites like most of the new solfware so everything is manually added. In addition, handling requires multiple touches and it's slow. It is suppose to allow our customer the ability to self service their accounts but only those with extensive computer background can manuever through it. Most of the client interface is so complicated that it always ends in a phone call.

Pros

I retains a lot of policy information involving claims and inquiries

Cons

The reports are useless and much of it never updates.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Amora W.

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

Still learning the software as I'm a new hire.

Pros

Seems to fit well for what an MGA might look for in a software program.

Cons

This isn't set up well to function on the broker market. Wish we could pull certain reports rather than having to filter all the information via excel.

Katonya M.

Areas od Opportunity

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

Pros

I like that it can be streamlined for external partners outside of my organization to use.

Cons

Can't go back to a previous screen to get more information (customer name or phone number) without losing info on current page (when creating RM tickets).
The customers with the active policy do not populate first, so you have to go into each name on the account, select "Policies" to confirm which is active under the correct name. (This can be timely and the customer is waiting on the phone).
Changes and edits often do not save. We regularly need to double-check to ensure edits were made.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Janet S.
Industry: Insurance

Functional tool for complicated tasks

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

I use Macaw to generate monthly and weekly sales and commissions reports. The reports are easy to run and analyze.

Pros

Macaw makes it possible to run several reports covering complicated information.

Cons

It is a long process to make changes and updates.

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Good tool for designers without code

Reviewed on 2020/04/17

Great software, to use as a designer and developer or great support app for everyone to teach and learn

Pros

I use this tool in my freelance projects, it helps me vizualize everything in real time, and simplifies the process of design, works great for every designer, being a novice or very experienced.

Cons

Everything worked great, as intended, nothing bad to say about it, will add it to my online classes shortly.